Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

theCerberus

Does this not remind anyone of a lousy infomercial where they try to clumsily do a medial task?

Why was that swab done so poorly? They didnt empty the bowl fully, or swab it well at all.
Also why is the brand name "Q-tip" even listed? its clearly just a regular cotton swab...

This is supposed to set an example.... It does not make it look easy to clean the bowl. You can clearly see brown stuff left behind...

theCerberus,

green2brown

Really, it doesn't look easy to just dump and swab? The video is a quick 1 min "How To" demonstration. It's meant to show you how to clean the unit, not necessarily how thoroughly cleaned you can get your unit. Turn those 5 second demo-swabs into 1 min each and your Ascent will be as clean as you want it.

theCerberus

Really, it doesn't look easy to just dump and swab? The video is a quick 1 min "How To" demonstration. It's meant to show you how to clean the unit, not necessarily how thoroughly cleaned you can get your unit. Turn those 5 second demo-swabs into 1 min each and your Ascent will be as clean as you want it.

Really? it doesnt set a good example when the bottom does not look clean at the end. The bowl is an odd shape, doesnt come out, and this was one of my worries that it would be harder to empty and clean. This video is less than reassuring.

theCerberus,

green2brown

Really? it doesnt set a good example when the bottom does not look clean at the end. The bowl is an odd shape, doesnt come out, and this was one of my worries that it would be harder to empty and clean. This video is less than reassuring.

I'll say this: I've owned a Solo, Iolite, WISPR, MFLB, Da Vinci, Pax, Cera, and now an Ascent. The Ascent is easiest to clean IME after the Cera, but the Cera requires no more than a quick wipe of the ceramic with a very occasional 20 min boil. I guess the Solo is equally as easy as the Ascent given it's just a small inner bowl with a glass stem to soak, but it stains a bit so it doesn't look so new anymore. I ran some flower and kief through my Ascent (hits are phenomenal, by the way) and was able to clean it back to essentially brand new in a matter of minutes - like 2 minutes maybe?

Last edited:

Hexi

I'll say this: I've owned a Solo, Iolite, WISPR, MFLB, Da Vinci, Pax, Cera, and now an Ascent. The Ascent is easiest to clean IME after the Cera, but the Cera requires no more than a quick wipe of the ceramic with a very occasional 20 min boil. I guess the Solo is equally as easy as the Ascent given it's just a small inner bowl with a glass stem to soak, but it stains a bit so it doesn't look so new anymore. I ran some flower and kief through my Ascent (hits are phenomenal, by the way) and was able to clean it back to essentially brand new in a matter of minutes - like 2 minutes maybe?

So is your ascent one of the 'review units' i.e. slightly different than the final?

Hexi,

Medical Mark

:bang:Well I'm very stoked, just waiting for the ascent to be released so I can Medicate and have a portable that isn't lucky and works like a champ.:tup:
The new clasp looks ok and at least it ain't a huge knob on the side of the unit, nice and tiny and I can see how tight the chamber gets when closing the chamber as the clasp grips the unit to secure the chamber.
:clap: I can't wait, I think thins unit will serve me well. I have been using my solo the last couple of days and can't wait to compare the two units in vapor production.
:rockon:Cheers medical mark

evanaquinn

Does this not remind anyone of a lousy infomercial where they try to clumsily do a medial task?

Why was that swab done so poorly? They didnt empty the bowl fully, or swab it well at all.
Also why is the brand name "Q-tip" even listed? its clearly just a regular cotton swab...

This is supposed to set an example.... It does not make it look easy to clean the bowl. You can clearly see brown stuff left behind...
Dude go medicate. It was just a quick demonstration lol

evanaquinn,
This is mighty fun....anyone else notice how thin the 'oil' was? I sure don't have any that thin......

I smell 'juice' from here........

OF
Was just thinking the same. Also, who stores concentrates in a plastic dropper bottle like that?

kingofnull,
Reactions: OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I have my sativa oil in a dropper bottle but it is for the vip2 so it is thin made with vg for me.

Medical Mark

:science: I wish I could find a recipe to make a THC essential oil like in vapor pens, cause they always produce nice thick vapor.
I bet if you could make some it would work great. I wonder if it is possibles:clap:
If it was possible it would work real well in those glass oil jars in the Ascent.
I think ill start searching the web.

:smug:Medical mark

Medical Mark,

HighRy

What the hell?! I checked the website to order the Ascent and it was in stock, go to deposit a check to my bank account and now they are all out of stock. Lame!

HighRy,

Hexi

What the hell?! I checked the website to order the Ascent and it was in stock, go to deposit a check to my bank account and now they are all out of stock. Lame!

They are still doing the 5pm-8pm PST only pre-order lockout last time I checked.

Hexi,

poonman

:science: I wish I could find a recipe to make a THC essential oil like in vapor pens, cause they always produce nice thick vapor.
I bet if you could make some it would work great. I wonder if it is possibles:clap:
If it was possible it would work real well in those glass oil jars in the Ascent.
I think ill start searching the web.

:smug:Medical mark

This might be what you're looking for , it's new on the market and thread started already .

http://www.liquidizer.com/

Cheers Mm

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
that was my screen after two weeks heavy use and then after a two hour iso soak...still cant figure out how to get the bowl COMPLETELY clean thouh

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: AscentiaL

Dreamerr

WTF, how is it getting that gummed up? I haven't cleaned my solo stem in months and it is a pretty golden oil color not gummed up.

lwien

Wow. How can you let something even get close to looking like that before cleaning it? Seems to counter all of the positives that vaporization offers, eh?

(not knocking the vape, but .......yuch...... :puke:)

If it looked like that after two weeks, I'd be cleaning that puppy almost daily.

Last edited:
lwien,
Reactions: b0

poonman

that was my screen after two weeks heavy use and then after a two hour iso soak...still cant figure out how to get the bowl COMPLETELY clean thouh

Was that used with mostly flowers ?
The stems cleaned up pretty good tho .

Don't know what you mean about the bowl , can you post a pic ?

poonman,

exhaleclouds

floatin' with the clouds
toss it in with some salt(sounds like you only soaked?) and iso. Shake shake shake. It will be clean.
Also that's hella gross mayne. loss of flava flav. keep it clean! :doh:

exhaleclouds,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
(not knocking the vape, but the user.......yuch...... :puke:)
Lol...okay 'knocking' a stanger on the internet is so original...
The reason why I chose not to clean it is because I wanted to see how it would clean after heavy use as well as see if being dirty would have a negative effect on the device (like with the pax) I actually talk about it pages ago (but who reads the whole thread anyway?) I will post some pictures of the bowl a little later too...its mainly around the nub in the bottom and discoloration around the sides...
And Dreamerr...what gets it gunked up is the holes in the screen take in all fine partices and trap them in the stem, so its plant material and vapor resin... when nigel was asking about making extracts with iso, that was another reason i was reluctant.
...It was mainly from flowers though havent used concentrates since i started using that stem
But thats why i have been saying it needs minimal grinds, it started gunking for ME aftet the first use

mod note: edited to fix broken quote tags. You can do this yourself you know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreamerr

Have you figured out where the screen goes to alleviate the issue? You can still reclaim just strain and follow the same method. It is all good. FWIW, I remembered you were letting it get dirty so shame on lwien:rofl: but it did look gross.

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom