Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toros23

and the wood one on the main page is now different again (3rd different wood pic i seen and i like this new one the best) but if you go to the product page where you will "Eventually" buy one, it looks different there too. i just really really wish i knew what the final wood one will look like as that is the one i was thinking about buying

Didn't they say it was going to be a burl? If so, must be the one in the new photos put up in the last 24 hours.

edit - I cannot stop looking at the new photos. They look so damn nice, I want two now...

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Menz, don't worry you will know I hope before you buy it but you know you are getting it either way:brow:

Dreamerr,

Beigeman

OMG that wood looks gorgeous...... I really hope it won't peel with the heat..... and that it has the feel of highly varnished walnut...MMMmmmmmmm... just like a bentley

Beigeman,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Damn! New wood pattern. I was really grovin' on the previous version. Not sure what I think of the change yet. Needs to settle in...

What happened to the textured carbon fiber it looks smooth in the new pictures :hmm:

Hasn't been carbon fiber for a while now...

I guess im probably complaining again, but i liked the blue text on the OLED better. Loved the new video btw.
I think I like the blue better also, but perhaps I just need to let the new-new-new design settle on myself for a while... :)

nigel,
Reactions: Dreamerr

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I didn't realize they did away with the carbon fiber!!!! It looked sooo good! Guess I'll go with the burl wood.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

nigel

I didn't realize they did away with the carbon fiber!!!! It looked sooo good! Guess I'll go with the burl wood.

As the wiki is still down, here are quotes from the rep on the styles:

===Body/Models===
* The finish is a brushed aluminum cast body all around.
* Wood model will use a high tech printing/brushed aluminum with a thin water based printing on the aluminum
* The black one is simply matte black aluminum.
* Silver aluminum & (real?) croc skin

The (real?) is my comment, as I'm unclear as if it wound up being real or faux, as some people were offended.

The wood is faux, as real wood dried out and cracked under the temp strain. So it is printed.

nigel,

iamn3ko

So are the sides of the wood version not the shiny black anymore? That looked really good. These new ones look like a matte black.

Still cool, I'll still be purchasing the wood version. It'll look awesome with my new VapeStation.

iamn3ko,

nigel

So are the sides of the wood version not the shiny black anymore? That looked really good. These new ones look like a matte black.

The sides have been matte for a while now. I *think* they still are, but would like to see some better pix to confirm.

nigel,

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
I have another question, I have heard that with the Pax you have to pack at least like .4 in it to get desired results. Is the Ascent going to be similar? As in it has to be fully packed for best results? or could you put a small amount in the chamber and still get the same results? thanks
I only fill my pax oven half full and pack with my vape tool. A couple hits then tap the material out and flip over and vape the rest. Big oven but it doesnt need to be full to get good vapor.

V8pire,

Jimmy

Know what would be cool, if it came with little bowls you could slide in just like the oil cans for vaping just a pinch.
Does anyone know how the swivel part works, like is it magnetic or something?

Jimmy,
Reactions: V8pire

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
Know what would be cool, if it came with little bowls you could slide in just like the oil cans for vaping just a pinch.
Does anyone know how the swivel part works, like is it magnetic or something?
Like the inhalator.

V8pire,

Breathemetal

So the oil cans, you just fill it up with wax and drop it in?
If so, hell yeah! Makes reloading so much easier when you are outa d about

Breathemetal,

nigel

===Included in box===
* Ascent unit
* 2 batteries
* A wall charger
* 2 glass mouthpieces
* 2 glass internal components
* 2 glass oil jars
* A cute little carrying satchel
* A top mouthpiece cover
* A little tool/poker

===General===
* Ability to vaporize both herbs and oils
* Glass oil cartridges that will fit in the unit (needs to be upright for oil)

So the oil cans, you just fill it up with wax and drop it in?

Yup.

nigel,

Spirit

UnWell-Known Member
I only fill my pax oven half full and pack with my vape tool. A couple hits then tap the material out and flip over and vape the rest. Big oven but it doesnt need to be full to get good vapor.
This isn't the PAX forum but to put this question to rest: a woman in France posted that she uses a concave 20mm pipe screen inserted over the material in the oven which, when the oven cover is inserted, compacts the material against interior PAX screen. Guess others have tried it and uses a lot less material. Hope that ends this!

Spirit,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I love how we are all picking which finish and stuff and what options it has or doesn't. It changed a few times so we really have no idea just yet. I hope we know soon :clap:

Dreamerr,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
This isn't the PAX forum but to put this question to rest: a woman in France posted that she uses a concave 20mm pipe screen inserted over the material in the oven which, when the oven cover is inserted, compacts the material against interior PAX screen. Guess others have tried it and uses a lot less material. Hope that ends this!
I know what forum it is. This wont be the last time Pax is mentioned in here or inhalator or any other vape. People need to get over themselves. If something is already mentioned or something else brought up so what. My comment did not take away from the Ascent nor was intended to.

V8pire,
Reactions: Jimmy

Nunavut Tripper

I'm amazed at the amount of interest in a product that doesn't really exist yet beyond the planning stage.
The programmable heat curve that is featured on the Ascente is interesting. As far as I know that is a first in the vape world and surprized that it didn't show up on a tabletop model first.
Also nobody seems to have twigged on the slick name " Ascente" which means to get higher in altitude.

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
I'm amazed at the amount of interest in a product that doesn't really exist yet beyond the planning stage.
The programmable heat curve that is featured on the Ascente is interesting. As far as I know that is a first in the vape world and surprized that it didn't show up on a tabletop model first.
Also nobody seems to have twigged on the slick name " Ascente" which means to get higher in altitude.
Welcome,
If you haven't please try to read the entire thread.
It is a real product and it does exist. It is in the production/testing for quality assurance stage and is very close to being released.:tup:

nigel

I know what forum it is. This wont be the last time Pax is mentioned in here or inhalator or any other vape. People need to get over themselves.

I think Spirit was saying "I know this is an Ascent thread so excuse my PAX comment" and not a comment on you. That's what I read anyways...

And I thought that suggestion was not a bad one for the Ascent... if you don't mind a metal screen in the path.

That statement is false. It is in manufacturing and well beyond "the planning stage".

But yeah, an awful lot of interest for something UNRELEASED.
:)

You obviously didn't see any of the Haiku posts. I think mine was the first to play on that, but by no means the only.

EDIT:

If you haven't please try to read the entire thread.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!
Seriously, you got nuthin' to do until the unit actually ships, so for all the people new to the thread: Take the time to read it, while we all wait. :)

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
I think Spirit was saying "I know this is an Ascent thread so excuse my PAX comment" and not a comment on you. That's what I read anyways...

And I thought that suggestion was not a bad one for the Ascent... if you don't mind a metal screen in the path.

That statement is false. It is in manufacturing and well beyond "the planning stage".

But yeah, an awful lot of interest for something UNRELEASED.
:)

You obviously didn't see any of the Haiku posts. I think mine was the first to play on that, but by no means the only.

EDIT:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!
Seriously, you got nuthin' to do until the unit actually ships, so for all the people new to the thread: Take the time to read it, while we all wait. :)
They responded to my comment about the Pax. I just dont think it should be pointed out this isnt a Pax forum. We know its about the Ascent But shouldnt be afraid to mention another vaporizer for comparison or random tip addressing someones comment.
I just feel people get too serious about things already mentioned or about another device. We are all here for our love of vapor and should be more helpful. Not so quick to point out if something has been mentioned or whatever else.

V8pire,

Spirit

UnWell-Known Member
I think Spirit was saying "I know this is an Ascent thread so excuse my PAX comment" and not a comment on you. That's what I read

Thanks Nigel. That's what I meant

Sorry Thread messed that up but you get the idea.

mod note: Fixed. Three posts merged.

Spirit,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I know what forum it is. This wont be the last time Pax is mentioned in here or inhalator or any other vape. People need to get over themselves. If something is already mentioned or something else brought up so what. My comment did not take away from the Ascent nor was intended to.

It's true that people should leave moderating to the moderators. It's also true that remarks like "People need to get over themselves." breaks our "Be nice" rule:
  • All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
You might want to think about ways to get your point across without insulting anyone.

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
It's true that people should leave moderating to the moderators. It's also true that remarks like "People need to get over themselves." breaks our "Be nice" rule:
  • All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
You might want to think about ways to get your point across without insulting anyone.

My point was not for just one person but several trying to mod and dictate. A lot of people are new and interested in the same thing. Unfortunately so many people need to mention what forum it is or that something has already been discussed. Sometimes people overlook something said or didnt read every post. I never intended to be rude but to comment people could be more helpful.

My point was not for just one person but several trying to mod and dictate. A lot of people are new and interested in the same thing. Unfortunately so many people need to mention what forum it is or that something has already been discussed. Sometimes people overlook something said or didnt read every post. I never intended to be rude but to comment people could be more helpful.
On another note, Does anyone know if the new wood grain photo is what to expect? I didnt care too much for the wood but that new photo looks awesome!

and the wood one on the main page is now different again (3rd different wood pic i seen and i like this new one the best) but if you go to the product page where you will "Eventually" buy one, it looks different there too. i just really really wish i knew what the final wood one will look like as that is the one i was thinking about buying
I like the newest one best myself. I was gonna get black but if thats the wood then I am down. I agree the pics all look different.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Three posts merged.

V8pire,
Reactions: ShipDit
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom