Aromed 4.0

HazyDayz

To carry on like this is pathetic imo.

It's clear you were never going to be satisfied with any explanation, and plenty has been said so people can grasp how it works, why should they explain exactly how its done to you.

HazyDayz,
Reactions: Phineas

reece

stinkmeaner said:
See the general hostility removes from the actual conversation. I don't see what I did to offend anyone. We are only talking about a product here guys. We should all be friendly even if we don't agree.

Obviously it's your attitude causing the hostility. ;)

I'm not sure what you did either. Probably best to leave it alone because it is quite clear hazydayz isn't interested in a conversation or differing opinions. He seems intent on getting you riled up with his personal attacks, despite you not taking the bait.

reece,

Egzoset

Banned
It's not just StinkMeaner, those questions that were asked i could have asked them myself but i'm glad there was someone in a better position to do that for me. In absence of answers i look forward for reviews about AroMed v5.0...

Egzoset,

Egzoset

Banned
This type of advertising is a failure.

No thanks, i'll pass my turn at least until i know there's no heated molybdenum in the air path.

Egzoset,

spikyvape

Maybe it is best to leave it with this.

Best thing is if Stink needs some info about the aromed just mail frank he will answer you.

Al users here of the aromed have the 4.0 version ?

spikyvape,

HazyDayz

This type of advertising is a failure

Im not advertising. I came looking for a digital whip with a completely open mind. Now im just comenting on my EXPERIENCE with this wonderful unit. :)

HazyDayz,

Egzoset

Banned
I guess i'll never know why the air intake hole had to be positioned on the socket side of the halogen lamp, or why a halogen lamp with a reflector wasn't retained for this design, etc.

Egzoset,

stinkmeaner

reece said:
Obviously it's your attitude causing the hostility. ;)

Your right, I am not taking the bait. ;) I understand the disagreement, but I don't understand blatant name calling. It is just a forum topic, you know...

Egzoset said:
It's not just StinkMeaner, those questions that were asked i could have asked them myself but i'm glad there was someone in a better position to do that for me. In absence of answers i look forward for reviews about AroMed v5.0...

Yes I look forward to a Aromed 5.0 myself, the concept is interesting, I just think they need a couple tweaks.

Here is one, just look at the picture and notice the Thermocouple hanging in mid air-stream

stinkmeaner,

Egzoset

Banned
Most interesting! This looks like a reflector-type of halogen lamp, possibly with the air path passing in front of it...

:cool:

Egzoset,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Aromed can not read airflow with a thermocouple

not directly, but i'm guessing airflow can be inferred from drop in temperature ... probably depends on the heating characteristics of the bulb -- i'm guessing it must be damn near instantaneous to reach setpoint temperature (also from info about the Oracle vape), so any measured quick heat drop would be mostly from air flow.

and while you can certainly run the calculation 60 times per second, i know my k-type thermocouple can't respond that fast: when using 0.010" leads it requires 0.8 seconds to respond (maybe "stabilize" is a better term), and the MAX6675 (which converts the thermocouple voltage to temperature) requires 0.25 seconds to do the conversion.

just as a comparison, the Bud Toaster calulates the duty cycle 10 times per second, but only samples the thermocouple 3 times per second.

in case anybody was curious, eh?

Hippie Dickie,

Egzoset

Banned
Yes, i AM curious! In fact i must confess i was hoping exactly for this sort of feedback...

:D

Egzoset,

HazyDayz

I love the way you think it can be so easily improved when its been working perfectly for 10 + years :lol:

HazyDayz,

stinkmeaner

Hippie Dickie said:

not directly, but i'm guessing airflow can be inferred from drop in temperature ... probably depends on the heating characteristics of the bulb -- i'm guessing it must be damn near instantaneous to reach setpoint temperature (also from info about the Oracle vape), so any measured quick heat drop would be mostly from air flow.

and while you can certainly run the calculation 60 times per second, i know my k-type thermocouple can't respond that fast: when using 0.010" leads it requires 0.8 seconds to respond, and the MAX6675 (which converts the thermocouple voltage to temperature) requires 0.25 seconds to do the conversion.

just as a comparison, the Bud Toaster calulates the duty cycle 10 times per second, but only samples the thermocouple 3 times per second.

Thank you for your Hippie Dickie, I was hoping for you opinion.

See the thermocouple of the Aromed is under the light bulb (laying flat in the socket). So my point is that it can only read the temperature around that vicinity, of course like you said it can adjust when someone inhales because of the temperature change from the air coming from above.

But there is variable X that they cant factor in, that is the air creeping in where the bowl and heater mate together. There is no seal whatsoever, it would be like inhaling from the bud toaster without pressing your stem against the bud vial, instead just keeping it a couple millimeters away.

I just think the thermocouple is in a overall bad place because it also reads the temperature of the air before it travels across its main heat source (the bulb & the glass cover that screws on around the bulb) that is where the air is going to pick up the most heat.

stinkmeaner,

Egzoset

Banned
Perhaps calculations take into account the size of the holes where the heated air must pass through as a determing factor?

Egzoset,

HazyDayz

I'm gonna let you get on with it, this thing tastes so good i've over medicated, going to lay down :lol::ko:

HazyDayz,

lwien

HazyDayz said:
I love the way you think it can be so easily improved when its been working perfectly for 10 + years :lol:

What the hell........?? NOTHING works perfectly and EVERYTHING can be improved.

lwien,

luchiano

stinkmeaner said:
Hippie Dickie said:

and while you can certainly run the calculation 60 times per second, i know my k-type thermocouple can't respond that fast: when using 0.010" leads it requires 0.8 seconds to respond, and the MAX6675 (which converts the thermocouple voltage to temperature) requires 0.25 seconds to do the conversion.

Thank you for your Hippie Dickie, I was hoping for you opinion.

I just think the thermocouple is in a overall bad place because it also reads the temperature of the air before it travels across its main heat source (the bulb & the glass cover that screws on around the bulb) that is where the air is going to pick up the most heat.

I said I wasn't going to post anymore but I did a quick glance and saw this and thought isn't this a good thing?.

If it knows the outside temperature where the air is coming in from it can adjust the temperature of the bulb before inhalation and adjust the rest of the temperature based on your inhale rate which is why you need to inhale at a certain speed and the blinking light is your indicator to let you know you're if your inhaling right or not.

I think that is a smart idea.

luchiano,

Egzoset

Banned
A smater idea would have been to use two sensors in order to calculate the air flow instead of forcing the customer to watch an indicator and adjust to the machine...

Egzoset,

HazyDayz

A smater idea would have been to use two sensors in order to calculate the air flow instead of forcing the customer to watch an indicator and adjust to the machine...

:lol: You dont. You only have it as a guide. I used it once to gauge the inhale, no need after the learning curve obviously. :)

HazyDayz,

Egzoset

Banned
Oh, i see. The machine teaches what's the inhalation rate it likes the customer to have.

Egzoset,

2clicker

Observer
lwien said:
HazyDayz said:

Someone questioning the validity and challenging the logic of a manufacturer is anything but pathetic. It is, in fact, what will help propel this industry forward.

could not agree more.

i dont think people on this forum are here to pick apart MFGs.

we are here to discuss their products. and often how they make/market/whatever them falls under that.

and if there are any questionable aspects of that the users on this forum will surely find them and point them out

2clicker,
Top Bottom