Aromed 4.0

Egzoset

Banned
I'm sure there are many persons reading your points StinkMeaner, short of taking notes i for one found that relevant questions were asked which i wished could have initiated equally relevant replies. If curiosity is perceived like a culprit then this only calls for more questions until the matter is cleared in a satisfying manner!

:cool:

Egzoset,

vapormonkey

I'd sure like to try one out. I heard they come in cool red now as well. The VHW has peaked my interest and I just bought one. I'd like to try this and the 7th floor tube. The supreme looks interesting as well. So many vapes, I tell you.

vapormonkey,

Egzoset

Banned
Perhaps you should start a smoke shop and only sell vaporizers once they bear this tag added by you:

[h]"Tested by a expert"[/h]

:lol:

Egzoset,

stinkmeaner

I think people have mistaken my comments towards the Aromed as criticisms, some have even taken it personally, seemed directly hurt, and gone on the defense.

I assure everyone my only intention was to look out for the average Joe which might not see what I see about design. I have used the machine so I am not talking blindly, sure it is nice to believe everything a manufacturer claims about its product, but when things don't add up they should be questioned so people don't buy something without proper understanding.

stinkmeaner,

stinkmeaner

Know someone who had one, bought it on Ebay for like $300 and sold it a month or so later and could only get a little over $200 for it. I seshed with it several times when I visited. The glass is also extremely fragile and delicate, he had big plans with it at first, was even going to get an Etsy glass artist to make a custom bubbler for it.

I want to add that if you do a google search, I am not the only one who feels this way. I may be the only one pointing out technical details but many feel the Aromed fails to produce thick consistent vapor hits.

stinkmeaner,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
vapormonkey:

Well, I do know that good vaping involves a narrow sweet spot ...a temperature sweet spot and this sweet spot changes according to certain conditions. Any device that can help us find this zone easily and then be able to clean up without much of a fuss is a plus. My goal is ----> Full Milk, Blue Tint

That is full milky vapes that satisfy with a decidedly blue, not white tint. It's difficult to achieve. Many vapes skirt around the proper zone or include some white vape mixed with the blue.

How about making this our motto...I'm gonna print T-shirts...Full Milk. Blue Tint lol

why is blue milk so important to you? are you saying that the colour of the vapor is dependent on its temperature? if so, then it may be a bit subjective to say that blue milk is better than white. afterall, there are a few threads that discuss what temps are best to get certain effects. maybe the two are related?

do you find you always get blue milk no matter what the lighting conditions are, if you use identical supplies, and temps? i never noticed the difference before in the colour of the vapor until i read your post.

notmyrealUSERname,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Not to go off topic but vapor with bluish tint is low temperature vapor. When the vapor becomes more white, that is a signal that benzene is being released from your plant matter. Since many people vaporizer for health reasons, it makes sense to do it right...

This video is proof that you can get thick AND low temperature vapor at the same time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgOI3zKJ3Qo

This thread got me feeling all nostalgic, I'm gonna try and look for my Aromed machine and fire it up for a session.

Egzoset

Banned
biojuggernaut said:
Egzoset said:
Perhaps you should start a smoke shop and only sell vaporizers once they bear this tag added by you:

[h]"Tested by a expert"[/h]

:lol:

stink is that dude :2c:

Great, this only renders my reading even more stimulating! Please keep "developping" this thread further...

:bowdown:

Egzoset,

stinkmeaner

stonemonkey55 said:
Not to go off topic but vapor with bluish tint is low temperature vapor. When the vapor becomes more white, that is a signal that benzene is being released from your plant matter. Since many people vaporizer for health reasons, it makes sense to do it right...

This video is proof that you can get thick AND low temperature vapor at the same time

This thread got me feeling all nostalgic, I'm gonna try and look for my Aromed machine and fire it up for a session.

Please drag that beast out and tell the natives what you think about the lack of a seal where the bowl and heater meet. I believe the cold air entering the bowl chamber is one of the main reasons the vapor is thin. Without a seal it would be like using any whip vape and instead of inserting the wand all the way, you would leave it loose.

stinkmeaner,

Ash

vaporist
Does the Aromed heat the air that passes over the bulb and then use this air to vape the herb (convection) or does it heat the herb directly (radiation)? If convection, then Stink might have a point. If radiation then I don't think the lack of a seal matters. Right? :/

Ash,

luchiano

I'm not going into an argument about this but here's an email that Aromed sent me that was about the Aromed 4.0.

Also, about the supreme vape, I noticed that the metal block was thicker than the part where the thermometer is at and this can be why the temperature would read 280 and yet the vapor is thick, the actual temperature where the air comes in is hotter than what the thermometer states due to the thick metal that is heated with the lighter is hotter than the smaller part where the thermometer is at. This isn't a good thing if you want to know what the actual temperature is.

Anyway here is the email he sent to me:

"Hi!

The AroMed Vaporizer is a high end medical device.
The temperature is controlled by a thermoelement (checking 200times per minute), runned by a chip/program which is especially developed for this machine.
The cover of the heating system is made of medical PTFE. The silicone hose we use is also made of medical silicone.
For further information i would ask you to wait for a further mail, given by our technical support team."

EDIT:

Just received the other email going into detail:

"First:

It does not know the temperature of the herb if the thermocouple is under the bulb, how could it?>>it CAN! The AroMed's electronic board contains a microchip that calculates out of airstream and heat data inside the heating element the temperature at the screen on which the herbs lies on, this calculation is done about 60 times a second...so the guy writing this on fuck(sic!)combustion has not the slightest notion of what is tecnically possible, or he is knowingly telling untrue things to sponsor other products...

Second:

...the Aromed gray housing itself is an off the shelf item, like a PC power supply or similar, you can see where the they have crudely bolted a ruberband onto the housing....
....The heating design seems inefficient in the way the heat just radiates from the top, and with out a seal where the glass meets the light bulb there is way too much outside air mixing with the hot air.

>>>The poor guy must have had a model to test that was last built in 1999...this had a grey housing....since 1999 the heating element is sealed by fitting exactly onto the herb holder which snap into one another....

Third:

Plus for all you saftey freaks I can not see how this has the reputation of the healthiest vape when the heat source is a light bulb with connectors made of metal that is surely not stainless steel, I am not saying this vape is unsafe but if any vape had the had a reputation as the safest it should be the VHW

>>>this tells it all: whatever the VHW is, we have never heard about that....and that we do not use safe materials is a LOL...and a big lie...we build our AroMed in Germany which has strict safety laws, which made us to undergo lots of tests.....this guy in the third point is absolutely telling lies and crap!!!!

Please understand this made me a little upset, as we are not willing to spend our precious lifetime with nonsense like this, but as a serious customer you should be informed, so thank you for coming up to us and give us the chance for a reply.

your sincerely Ralf Schrder-Babo,

be well"

luchiano,

lwien

A bit childish, don't ya think? (referring to post #15)

I find it amazing that there are some that just can't have an objective debate without the "I am right and YOU are wrong" attitude. The fact remains that we have a a member here questioning the viability of the claims made by Aromed and then Aromed coming to their own defense. Does this make it an open and shut case that everything that Aromed states is the gospel truth? They do have a vested interest in saying what they say, no? Does it make everything that Stink brings up as the gospel truth? Absolutely not and while I totally understand Aromeds defensive attitude, I do believe that they took it a bit over the top in their response. Of coarse, the chest thumping represented by the post above accomplishes absolutely nothing and is designed to do nothing but elicit a negative response.

Luchiano, thanks for posting that. Interesting read.

lwien,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
stonemonkey55 said:

damn that is some nice looking vapor, I always wanted a VHW but just too many problems.

DeepFried,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
spikyvape said:
Ok there isn't much to improve on the Aromed for medical use ! This is not a stoner device, remember that !!

Ok stoners like to have big vapor clouds, i told this many times before but this is not clean vapor guys.

I also like big clouds now and then and for that i use my verdamper very big clouds but for medical
use i donno i keep putting my hand on the top to get 10C extra, but health wize not a good thing.

This right here makes the most sense about the purposes of this vape. HOWEVER - do you have any sort of conclusive GCMS (or otherwise specifics) of what is produced in a given vaporizer vs this one? The only results I have seen as of late were the Volcano ones done several years ago.

AGBeer,

stinkmeaner

luchiano said:
The AroMed Vaporizer is a high end medical device.
The temperature is controlled by a thermoelement (checking 200times per minute), runned by a chip/program which is especially developed for this machine.
I am sure they didn't design their own Microchip, I really hope that was a typo.
Any vape that uses closed-loop temperature control will have their own program.

luchiano said:
It does not know the temperature of the herb if the thermocouple is under the bulb, how could it?>>it CAN! The AroMed's electronic board contains a microchip that calculates out of airstream and heat data inside the heating element the temperature at the screen on which the herbs lies on, this calculation is done about 60 times a second...so the guy writing this on fuck(sic!)combustion has not the slightest notion of what is tecnically possible, or he is knowingly telling untrue things to sponsor other products...

These guys think if they throw the word "Microchip" around enough it will answer the question.

He still doesn't say how a thermocouple knows the temperature of the air when it is under the light bulb, inside the socket. This is inches away from the actual herb and the thermocouple is placed before the air even goes over the light bulb which is where it gets heated, plus you still have the variable of cold air entering an unsealed chamber.

It can read the temperature 1 million times per second and it would still be reading the temperature under the light bulb before the air even travels through the bulb/heater.

Here are some pictures to help explain.

luchiano said:
...the Aromed gray housing itself is an off the shelf item, like a PC power supply or similar, you can see where the they have crudely bolted a ruberband onto the housing....
....The heating design seems inefficient in the way the heat just radiates from the top, and with out a seal where the glass meets the light bulb there is way too much outside air mixing with the hot air.

>>>The poor guy must have had a model to test that was last built in 1999...this had a grey housing....since 1999 the heating element is sealed by fitting exactly onto the herb holder which snap into one another....
He doesn't even admit his housing is off the shelf. It clearly is.
512_s.jpg
aromed-vaporizer-5.jpg

stinkmeaner

If nobody can grasp the concept that a thermocouple CAN NOT read the temperature in the herbs when it not anywhere near, then I can't help you.

stinkmeaner,

stinkmeaner

luchiano said:
Also, about the supreme vape, I noticed that the metal block was thicker than the part where the thermometer is at and this can be why the temperature would read 280 and yet the vapor is thick, the actual temperature where the air comes in is hotter than what the thermometer states due to the thick metal that is heated with the lighter is hotter than the smaller part where the thermometer is at. This isn't a good thing if you want to know what the actual temperature is.

Most are not accurate because they read the temp at the heat chamber and the air doesn't always reach the temperature of the heating chamber. Too many variables like draw speed.
The only one I have been able to test is the Volcano & Herbal Aire since it blows hot air which is easy to read if you hold a thermometer where the air exits. Both of these were within 10 deg or less of the set temperature.

The thermometer is in a location that it is going to read the air temperature right before it reaches the herb. One thing to consider is that the Supreme's heat exchanger is made of Aluminum, one of the most thermally conductive metals. So it is safe to say that the heat is going to travel from the block to the tube since it is just an inch away, plus when you start inhaling, the hot air from the block will be in the tube, so the thermometer will always know what temperature is passing.

stinkmeaner,

luchiano

Stink, even though it's aluminum the top is still way thicker than the part where the thermometer is and will be hotter. I'm not saying the heat won't travel from the top to the bottom but the temperatures won't be the same and the bottom will be cooler especially when you add the fact that the herb will cool the air down a little more. This isn't a problem when you don't care but if you want to vape different types of plants and even different moisture levels in plants you want to have a close number to play with.

I'm not going to keep going through this because even though I respect you I don't think you will admit when you may be wrong in some cases or you just don't know as in the case of the Aromed. I think because you can't understand their methods you say they are lying but in an indirect way. Maybe they are but I think you have to take into consideration that if they have something that can't easily be recreated why would they go into detail how they accomplish what they did. Isn't the reason we buy different vapes or any product is because of the intellect that makes the products special?. If you tell everything you make no money and someone steals your idea and a lot of times it's the same people who talked bad about you.

To me it seems like you don't like the fact that it uses certain parts and claims to do something you can't understand how it's done and therefore you don't like it but to me even though the parts may seem cheap that is not the main thing I'm paying for. The main thing is the process that they went through to program a chip to do what I want and built the machine in other words I'm paying for the intellect not just to build a machine. Also being that the pieces can be bought easily that means if for whatever reason they go out of business I can easily replace the heater and the glass pieces which I can't say for most of the other vaporizer companies. So what you call a negative is actually a positive to me.

You also stated a lot of people dislike the Aromed on the net but I can think of anyone disliking it but you. If you can show me links I will be happy to read it.

Again stink I think you are very knowledgeable but you may be wrong in this case just like you were in this thread when you thought the budtoaster would hold it's heat because of glass and hippie told you it was a 50 degree drop but the processor kept it at a 0 degree drop. You may be wrong in the case of the Aromed, we're not right all the time and it's being wrong that teaches us how to be right.

luchiano,

HazyDayz

Good post :)

but you may be wrong in this case just like you were in this thread when you thought the budtoaster would hold it's heat because of glass and hippie told you it was a 50 degree drop but the processor kept it at a 0 degree drop.

Yeh that was ignored if you look back :lol:

Makes me laugh that people are just saying their being constructive. For instance, Iwien was even arguing that having the element above was not really an advantage as you can just take the bowl out of other whips hahaha!

This thing's the mutts!! :ko:

HazyDayz,

HazyDayz

You also stated a lot of people dislike the Aromed on the net but I can think of anyone disliking it but you. If you can show me links I will be happy to read it.

I didn't find any either. Stink, can you post the links to all these people that had problems please as all I found was minor issues with fragile glass, asthetics, and people not being able to get thick vapor which is user error, and I can say that with some certainty! :brow:

HazyDayz,
Top Bottom