• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Aromed 4.0

stinkmeaner

NONE of your words are answering the question as to how the Aromed is able to manipulate physics and read temperature of the herb when the thermocouple is not near the herbs.

Think about it people. When you are checking the temperature of a steak do you dangle the thermometer above the grill?

No you stab that thermometer into the meat and if you are taking the temperature of your herbs then you better have a thermometer/thermocouple in or directly above those herbs.

luchiano said:
I think because you can't understand their methods you say they are lying but in an indirect way.

I am not wrong until proven so. Do some research before you post. Please go to Wiki and read about how thermocouples work, how closed loop temperature control works.
It should occur to you that I might actually know what I am talking about. I have said it a thousand times that the Aromed can not read the temperature in more than 1 place with 1 thermocouple.

It is not in the herb so the it does not know the temperature of the herb. How hard is that to understand. Really? :uhoh:

luchiano said:
Isn't the reason we buy different vapes or any product is because of the intellect that makes the products special?. If you tell everything you make no money and someone steals your idea and a lot of times it's the same people who talked bad about you.

Just because someone makes a product it doesn't mean they have superior intellect.

They don't have some hidden secret, do you not realize that they can't explain how it works because it is scientifically impossible. If you can't prove them right or me wrong then why argue?

luchiano said:
To me it seems like you don't like the fact that it uses certain parts and claims to do something you can't understand how it's done and therefore you don't like it but to me even though the parts may seem cheap that is not the main thing I'm paying for.

How are you turning this around on me?
I just pointed out that the Aromed uses an off the shelf housing, I could care less, I just found it and thought I would share.

When asked about the housing he then LIED and called me delusional or whatever. The proof is in the picture.

luchiano said:
The main thing is the process that they went through to program a chip to do what I want and built the machine in other words I'm paying for the intellect not just to build a machine. .
Pay for the intellect all you want. Then you can buy a thermometer and see if the temperatures on the screen match the herb. If we used your reasoning we would believe the claims of every manufacturer because they have superior intellect.

stinkmeaner,

HazyDayz

How are you turning this around on me?
I just pointed out that the Aromed uses an off the shelf housing, I could care less, I just found it and thought I would share.

Ha, sad person. Why does it matter, its what's inside that matters. Completely irelevant.

You dont like the product so go enjoy your benzene :)

HazyDayz,

stinkmeaner

You guys have proven to only resort to name calling and harassing.

This is the only question that should be answered: How does the Aromed know the temperature of the herb when the thermocouple is not in the herb?

stinkmeaner,

Egzoset

Banned
StinkMeaner,

That temperature thing is like asking how does one see a flashlight hidden behind a spotlight!

I don't get it neither... I mean, even if it were in front of it a flashlight would be very difficult if not totally impossible to notice because of the disproportionate halo created around it by the spotlight!

:|

In other words, one sensor sees the heating element from its back side; somehow it's also supposed to see the vaporization bowl through that halogen bulb. Wow! I can't wait for a conclusive explanation!

:popcorn:

Egzoset,

HazyDayz

Stink, I want to eliminate benzene from my vapor. I want to vape at 190c-195c so I can extract as much goodness but keep it just below the benzene boiling point. The AroMed is IMO the only whip that I can trust to set at 190c and the herb be close to that figure. The digital volcano would be another option, but bags are shit.

Im not sure about the technology but I do believe that it is more precise than any other vape!

I will try to find out for you, I might try to do a test also.

There is no coincidence that everyone that has used the AroMed, people that have also used the volcano, verdanmper etc still think that the AroMed delivers the tastiest, cleanest vape.

luchiano

stinkmeaner said:

This is the only question that should be answered: How does the Aromed know the temperature of the herb when the thermocouple is not in the herb?

I didn't call you any names, in fact I said I respected you so I don't understand why you would state that?. I just said in this case you may be wrong as you have been in other instances.

I will stop posting now because I see you're getting sensitive about this and I don't want things to escalate to something stupid.

luchiano,

HazyDayz

I just said in this case you may be wrong as you have been in other instances.

I'd lay money on it...

I will stop posting now because I see your getting sensitive about this and I don't want things to escalate to something stupid.

Same here :rolleyes::/ :/

HazyDayz,

reece

luchiano said:
stinkmeaner said:

I didn't call you any names, in fact I said I respected you so I don't understand why you would state that?. I just said in this case you may be wrong as you have been in other instances.

I will stop posting now because I see you're getting sensitive about this and I don't want things to escalate to something stupid.

Could be the "bla, bla, bla" and the "sad person." It wasn't you, but I guess it's guilt by association.

Why don't you guys just answer the question? How do you know the temperature in your garage if the only thermometer is in the bedroom?

reece,

HazyDayz

Could be the "bla, bla, bla" and the "sad person." It wasn't you, but I guess it's guilt by association.

Well sorry about that but its becoming a little frustrating.

Why don't you guys just answer the question? How do you know the temperature in your garage if the only thermometer is in the bedroom?

I've already stated I dont know the details. They state the herbal chamber stays within 1-5c of the readout so its not exact but its close enough. I'm vaping at 190C and im getting blue vapor, at 200C im getting white....funny that?!

Happy vaping :) Fuck Combustion :lol:

HazyDayz,

Egzoset

Banned
Oh, i smell some confusion here between two very different parameters:

Temperature regulation loop stability (relative numbers)
Target vs real temperature difference (absolute numbers)

But maybe i just catched a cold...

Egzoset,

Highlight

Once upon a time..

stinkmeaner said:
Thanks for the reply Marcuss, I really want one of these things [the Aromed 4.0] for some reason. It is ugly as hell but in a strangely good way. I think this machine will last far longer than most other digital units since the heat is so far from the electronics

Anyway, I speculate that the program controlling the heat sensors is custom built to compensate various readouts and actively approximate the actual temperature in the herb chamber at speeds of 60x per second, like previously stated before. In the manual it says something about keeping the herb about 5mm from the bulb. I assume this method works in concert with the placement of the heat sensors. Hence the research part.

Why does this seem so impossible? Technology is like magic.

On a side note, I have been reading a bit about light pressure, which could be another advantage of photon based heat in the future. I'm unsure whether a halogen bulb would produce enough light pressure to have any effect at all, but who knows. It would be cool to see enough light pressure to force vapor to condense in a chamber.

Highlight,

Egzoset

Banned
My bet is the manufacturer's firmware was calibrated to compensate for temperature reading errors: put a second sensor in the vaporization bowl and calculate a transfer function by comparing the heater sensor temperature with the bowl sensor temperature.

Egzoset,

spikyvape

Why make this a big ego thread, really talk about the unit itself and what users say and think about it.

We talked safety ok this is a major thing also for me, but things like people buy it and sell it with big loss, what housing they use, that the microchip is overrated (wich it really isn't) and so on, i think this is a bull shit.

How the vapor is, how the taste is how the overall experience is, you tell me people say what you say
wenn you hit google. Well look at what users say about it. Only people who don't own a unit are
bashing it.

This machine is covered by insurance in Germany i think they have reports of the unit wich tell more
than we all know.

Please go on topic and make a thread with i have the biggest ...............
:2c:

spikyvape,

HazyDayz

I brought this thread back because I wanted to hear from AroMed USERS. Its a shame certain people had to bring the function of the unit into dispute (yet again). Why is it so hard to believe the chamber can be kept within 5C of the readout.

Anyway, im just getting used to this unit but I think its awesome. I think its quite impressive that the vape stonemonkey's pulling out for nostalgia is still leading the way in accurate whip vapes!

Has anyone used the foam pellets they do for oils/liquid use?

HazyDayz,

Egzoset

Banned
Too bad, i'm no AroMed user (actually i'm not even a vaporist so far)!!!

Yet, i do have a question. Does this describe the halogen lamp being used by the AroMed vaporizer acurately enough:

Egzoset,

spikyvape

Ok people i talked to Frank Fuchs from Aromed about this topic and i would like to share you all his thoughts and facts.

Why he is not here:
this seems to be the normal blog questioning.. we as a small patients' initiative do not answer this, but leave this to interested persons.

Please guys respect this !

As following to your thoughts about the Aromed let Frank Fuchs explain:

"The Aromed also has a loose fitting bowl which means cool air can travel into the bowl while you are inhaling. This would make the temperature setting inaccurate, not to mention the Aromed's thermocouple is under the lighbulb (in the socket), I don't see how it can know the temperature of the herbs like they claim on the website."

This is the typical standard: "loose fittings" are not so loose at all, but if side air should get into the system, less air goes through the heater. Everyone can test: if less air convects in the heater, the hotter the air gets, which certainly mixes with the colder side air and creates the right temp. Side air, if at all (only when the connection with the herbholder is not made according to the manual) goes from the top of the herbholder warms up inside already until it can mix with the air ouf the heating chamber!!

The calibration of the system is done where the herb goes to: at the screen of the herb holder. By the airflow, a microchip gets feedback from the thermocouple inside the heater and is able to calculate to which extent the air has to be heated inside. Most blog posters forget, that the manual gives a very clear instruction: draw in a manner that the digit dot in the display is blinking. If someone draws too hard, the dot will be on all the time, draw too soft the dot will be out. Simple isn't it? The microchip calculated temperature is will be exactly the chosen one, if the user draws as instructed. This might be different from the way a "bong" toker is used to, but it gives you very exact and, most important, reproduceable temperature settings.

"It may use a glass light bulb but you still have to factor in what surrounds the glass. There is a metal sleeve for one, and also metal in the light socket itself. The air touches all of these things so it is not all glass."

We never said anything about "all glass", but lab tests show, that with 235C temperature NOTHING but clean air comes out of the heater system

I hope I did put this in a way to understand...its boring to repeat this all the time and there seem to be quite some AroMed users who post positively in fuckcombustion and other blogs....

Frank Fuchs Aromed

Hope this solves some questions and give some rest in this topic ;)

spikyvape,

lwien

spikyvape said:
....draw in a manner that the digit dot in the display is blinking. If someone draws too hard, the dot will be on all the time, draw too soft the dot will be out. Simple isn't it? The microchip calculated temperature is will be exactly the chosen one, if the user draws as instructed.

Kind of like an alpha feedback vape. Interesting. I sure do like that concept.

So how much variance from the inputed temp needs to occur before the light stops blinking?

lwien,

stinkmeaner

spikyvape said:
This is the typical standard: "loose fittings" are not so loose at all, but if side air should get into the system, less air goes through the heater. Everyone can test: if less air convects in the heater, the hotter the air gets, which certainly mixes with the colder side air and creates the right temp. Side air, if at all (only when the connection with the herbholder is not made according to the manual) goes from the top of the herbholder warms up inside already until it can mix with the air ouf the heating chamber!!

The calibration of the system is done where the herb goes to: at the screen of the herb holder. By the airflow, a microchip gets feedback from the thermocouple inside the heater and is able to calculate to which extent the air has to be heated inside. Most blog posters forget, that the manual gives a very clear instruction: draw in a manner that the digit dot in the display is blinking. If someone draws too hard, the dot will be on all the time, draw too soft the dot will be out. Simple isn't it? The microchip calculated temperature is will be exactly the chosen one, if the user draws as instructed. This might be different from the way a "bong" toker is used to, but it gives you very exact and, most important, reproduceable temperature settings.

I know you own one of these spikyvape and I am not saying that it doesn't make vapor nor am I saying that you should get a new vape. I am only pointing out a simple inconsistency or marketing error, come on guys....would this be the first time a company bent the truth for marketing?
It seems like he throws in a few words like "Calibrate" & "Processor" & "Calculate" and people just assume he is right, if he really believes that, he doesn't know how a thermocouple works, plain and simple no matter what you hook it up to, it will only read the temperature around it.

I am only pointing out that Aromed can not read airflow with a thermocouple, it can only read temperatures and can only compensate for the temperature change in the direct vicinity of the thermocouple. It doesn't know the temperature of the outside air entering from the unsealed bowl and since that airstream doesn't pass the thermocouple (Goes directly down the sides of the bowl) it can not factor in that variable.

So since the thermocouple is in the socket, which is under the bulb and before the main heat of the bulb, when you inhale, only the air in direct contact with the thermocouple will go through a temp change when you inhale.

stinkmeaner,

stinkmeaner

Highlight said:
Once upon a time..

stinkmeaner said:
Thanks for the reply Marcuss, I really want one of these things [the Aromed 4.0] for some reason. It is ugly as hell but in a strangely good way. I think this machine will last far longer than most other digital units since the heat is so far from the electronics

I thought about showing this post from the past I made, this shows that I was seriously interested in the Aromed. I have no vendetta against this vape, I am simply sharing an opinion and experience. I really bought into the Halogen heating system in it before I used it and saw how and where it reads the temperature from.
You see, there is a Halogen Vape that reads the temperature closer to the herbs "The Ape Vape'. Though I have not used it, I have noticed they have a thermocouple wire hanging down below the bulb, directly in the air path which is over the herbs.

I am going to put this thread to rest unless someone presents convincing argument, but if people just continue to quote Aromed or Frank Fuchs??, I see no need to reply because his explanations are not physically possible with equipment in the Aromed. So if you want to keep believing in the advertising then believe, it is good to have faith, but as a technical man faith is not good enough for me. :peace:

stinkmeaner,

HazyDayz

Pathetic :lol:

mod note: Your post is out of line. Keep it up and you'll have a short stay here.

HazyDayz,

Egzoset

Banned
Hostile.

:rolleyes:

Responding in kind is also out of line. Report rule breaking posts, don't respond to them.

Egzoset,

lwien

HazyDayz said:

Someone questioning the validity and challenging the logic of a manufacturer is anything but pathetic. It is, in fact, what will help propel this industry forward.

I hear Aromeds responses but to my mind, they have not yet answered Stinks questions in total. Now maybe that is proprietary information, and if that's the case, Stink will never get an answer that will satisfy, but there's nothing wrong in asking.

Personally, I think the Aromed is a very fine vape and I would love to have one in my arsenal. And from everything that Stink has said, I believe he does to.

Just because someone is asking questions and challenging a design philosophy of a particular vape doesn't imply that the vape is not worthy of serious consideration.

lwien,

stinkmeaner

See the general hostility removes from the actual conversation. I don't see what I did to offend anyone. We are only talking about a product here guys. We should all be friendly even if we don't agree.

stinkmeaner,
Reactions: simba
Top Bottom