Aromed 4.0

stinkmeaner

luchiano said:
I said I wasn't going to post anymore but I did a quick glance and saw this and thought isn't this a good thing?.

If it knows the outside temperature where the air is coming in from it can adjust the temperature of the bulb before inhalation and adjust the rest of the temperature based on your inhale rate which is why you need to inhale at a certain speed and the blinking light is your indicator to let you know you're if your inhaling right or not.

I think that is a smart idea.

Firstly it can only read the temperature from one place. There are two spots where air can come in.

1. The main air stream comes from a hole in the plastic cover and then travels through the light socket area. Then to the bulb.
2. The air can also enter where the where you place the heater into the bowl, there is no seal. That air is not near the thermocouple, and with inhalation it is going nowhere but down away from the thermocouple.

All you guys seem to hear is that this thing adjusts. I am not sure how I can explain to make you guys see what I am talking about. It is not that smart of an idea or that clever. They use a digital temperature controller, thermocouple, and heat source (A light bulb in this application)
They do not use special electronics, no more than any other digital vaporizer like the Volcano, S. Vapezilla, Stealth, Evolutions, Extreme, etc...

P.S. the blinking light is just letting you know that electricity is running to the heater. Just a heat cycle, like your home thermostat does.

stinkmeaner,

2clicker

Observer
stinkmeaner said:
P.S. the blinking light is just letting you know that electricity is running to the heater. Just a heat cycle, like your home thermostat does.

exactly

my new Hakko iron's LED works the same

2clicker,

Egzoset

Banned
Hummm...

Please allow me to share my secret thoughts with you HazyDayz just once. The last few pages sound like damage control to me and that's not helping your cause whatever it is. That's most regrettable and what for? I wonder! Do you think i have an agenda relative to the AroMed, if so stop vaping and try to think clear... What can i say, StinkMeaner and other people asking questions here is what makes me read this thread, waiting for answers.

Egzoset,

Bogdan

Hippie Dickie said:
Aromed can not read airflow with a thermocouple

not directly, but i'm guessing airflow can be inferred from drop in temperature ... probably depends on the heating characteristics of the bulb -- i'm guessing it must be damn near instantaneous to reach setpoint temperature (also from info about the Oracle vape), so any measured quick heat drop would be mostly from air flow.

and while you can certainly run the calculation 60 times per second, i know my k-type thermocouple can't respond that fast: when using 0.010" leads it requires 0.8 seconds to respond (maybe "stabilize" is a better term), and the MAX6675 (which converts the thermocouple voltage to temperature) requires 0.25 seconds to do the conversion.

just as a comparison, the Bud Toaster calulates the duty cycle 10 times per second, but only samples the thermocouple 3 times per second.

in case anybody was curious, eh?

I think Hippie is on the right track with his assumptions. An increase in airflow would cool the thermocouple, raise the power going to the bulb and therefore increase the surrounding air temperature (radiant energy would be the primary release which would also cause the bulb's surface temperature to increase and regain that thermal balance). The Oracle relies primarily on the direct radiant energy of the emitter to heat the herbs, but it also relies on the heat generated on the bulb's surface to heat the surrounding air.

@stink - If in face there was a gap between the glass and bulb housing I also believe there would be a discrepancy in the accuracy.

Bogdan,

luchiano

stinkmeaner said:
luchiano said:
I said I wasn't going to post anymore but I did a quick glance and saw this and thought isn't this a good thing?.

If it knows the outside temperature where the air is coming in from it can adjust the temperature of the bulb before inhalation and adjust the rest of the temperature based on your inhale rate which is why you need to inhale at a certain speed and the blinking light is your indicator to let you know you're if your inhaling right or not.

I think that is a smart idea.

Again, isn't this a good thing?

If it doesn't detect a good airflow than it will increase the life of the bulb by dimming it and if you pull too hard it warns you to slow down so you won't cause the bulb to work "harder" for lack of a better term. Seems smart to me in that you can keep your bulb for a while before needing a new one.

luchiano,

luchiano

2clicker said:
stinkmeaner said:

exactly

Yes but the Hakko isn't giving you a temperature to play with.

luchiano,

Egzoset

Banned
That's the word i've been having in mind for a while now:

Accuracy (e.g. not synonymous of stability)

I can accept statements to the effect that the AroMed generates hot air with high stability - but is its temperature reading accurate?

Egzoset,

HazyDayz

I've just read back through this whole thread and cant really believe it, PMSL.

Im not sure what it is, maybe its because these people really want to own 1 of these and dont so they lash out instead....or maybe they're just sad and like to moan and argue. Who knows, who cares.

All I know is im very happy with my vaporizer choice :)

lwien

I think what you are failing to understand here Hazy is the analytical nature of this site.

lwien,

stinkmeaner

Yes, increased airflow will lower temp and trigger the thermocouple BUT there are 2 airflows and 1 of them does not reach the thermocouple.

How are you not seeing that?

It doesn't know about the air coming in from the sides of the bowl because that air does not touch the thermocouple, it goes straight into the herbs.

stinkmeaner,

Egzoset

Banned
HazyDayz is too focussed on trying to convince himslef that he doesn't care about this thread to be able to think of such things clearly...

Oh but now i'm becoming personal too! Bad bad influence this HazyDayz!

Egzoset,

2clicker

Observer
luchiano said:
2clicker said:
stinkmeaner said:

exactly

Yes but the Hakko isn't giving you a temperature to play with.

no there is no digital readout, but the LED indicator works the same

2clicker,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
"per Frank" said:
This is the typical standard: "loose fittings" are not so loose at all, but if side air should get into the system, less air goes through the heater. Everyone can test: if less air convects in the heater, the hotter the air gets, which certainly mixes with the colder side air and creates the right temp.

so it appears the "side air" is a minor contributor to the total airflow

Hippie Dickie,

HazyDayz

Im loving this unit so far. :) Impressed from the moment I opened it. Here's some pics for anyone interested.

1.jpg

2.jpg

11.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

The glass is nice, and fits together super tight. :)

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

7.jpg

The element and herb chamber fit together perfectly too. The glass chamber and the white encasing both have a lip, they overlap by about 8-10mm and click into place nicely. Nice and snug. :)

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

I can get huge tastey vapor clouds no problem at low temps, its great. :ko: I love watching the bulb altering its brightness working to keep the temps perfect as I steadily inhale. Quality bit of kit imo. :)

15.jpg

HazyDayz

how much? is it too brite, need to wear shades? lQQks gud & nice vaporizer, does it giv blu vapor @ temps about 350-367?

The flash made the pics look a bit brighter than it is. I've been using it between 160-195C and been getting good vapor at all temps.

I can take a couple of draws at 160C, then a few seconds later take a draw at 195C, then turn it back down and take another at 160C a few seconds later. This concept is the nuts! :)

HazyDayz,
Top Bottom