Arizer Solo

clouded vision

You're welcome. Just long enough for the oil to be off the stem, so you got it. I used to boil old school glass and brass this way.
Lol I just edited my post to ask if this is what you meant after I read your post over again

clouded vision,

Yoshi

Woah
What would you guys suggest for someone who has too acidic stomach acids (like myself)? I've found that ingesting straight ABV, wand hash, or any medical edibles won't work on me. I've heard that enteric coating will be the solution, but I don't know how to go about this milk cleaning and get an enteric coating on there.

Yoshi,
Reactions: rcflo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Kelper how do you keep your stems from breaking using a rolling boil? They smash around with a slight boil. If you use something to hold the stem you will end up with your actives stuck to that item.

Dreamerr,

Yoshi

Woah
Kelper how do you keep your stems from breaking using a rolling boil? They smash around with a slight boil. If you use something to hold the stem you will end up with your actives stuck to that item.

I think pans have enough elasticity that it won't break, that and water also slows down kinetic energy with solids in it.

Yoshi,

clouded vision

What would you guys suggest for someone who has too acidic stomach acids (like myself)? I've found that ingesting straight ABV, wand hash, or any medical edibles won't work on me. I've heard that enteric coating will be the solution, but I don't know how to go about this milk cleaning and get an enteric coating on there.
if ingesting it doesn't work for you my suggestion would be to simply not ingest it. stay away from medical edibles ( no point in wasting money on something that doesn't work). As far as your abv I would suggest doing an iso wash. You can also do an iso wash on your stems but unless you plan to collect and save it over several stem washings, or your stems are absolutely filthy, I would suggest pouring the iso/stem oil mix right on to a cotton ball, evap that then you can stick the cotton ball in your solo and vape that

clouded vision,
Reactions: rcflo

Yoshi

Woah
if ingesting it doesn't work for you my suggestion would be to simply not ingest it. stay away from medical edibles ( no point in wasting money on something that doesn't work). As far as your abv I would suggest doing an iso wash. You can also do an iso wash on your stems but unless you plan to collect and save it over several stem washings, or your stems are absolutely filthy, I would suggest pouring the iso/stem oil mix right on to a cotton ball, evap that then you can stick the cotton ball in your solo and vape that

Hmm, I haven't had much luck with iso washes, I feel potency is lost. Is it the way that I'm doing it that's wrong? I iso wash then let it sit for like 2 days. Maybe I clean it too often/much? :lol:

Yoshi,

Dreamerr

I have had my iso jars for almost a year and have yet to evap it. Maybe yours needs to be left long yoshi.

Also Yoshi how can they not break they smash against the metal pan. I heard it from my bedroom when I did it for the first time a few weeks back and it scared me. I can't imagine it not breaking over time like that.

OF you didn't have to decarb that stuff for the eggs or did you use abv? The grittiness doesn't bother you? If you got some easy stuff for me to do pm me anytime especially for stuff to do with my abv. I just wasted 34 grams of it and yes cocoanut oil lol.

Dreamerr,

clouded vision

Hmm, I haven't had much luck with iso washes, I feel potency is lost. Is it the way that I'm doing it that's wrong? I iso wash then let it sit for like 2 days. Maybe I clean it too often/much? :lol:
sorry wish I could help you here but I have very little experience with qwiso or iso washing abv. I personally eat my abv ( there is an awesome abv shake recipe on FC somewhere, I know it doesnt help you yoshi but for everyone else). I do however have experience with washing my stems and it works great the way I said. simply. put your finger over one end of you solo stem, put a little isit in there ( remember less is more) plug the other end with another finger then shake it till the glass is clear again, pour onto cotton then evap. if the iso is very brown and the glass is still dirty at all just put in a little more iso and I should take care of whatever is still clinging to the glass.

clouded vision,

Yoshi

Woah
I have had my iso jars for almost a year and have yet to evap it. Maybe yours needs to be left long yoshi.

Yeah I feel like I clean too often, which means I get less psychoactive compounds.

Also Yoshi how can they not break they smash against the metal pan. I heard it from my bedroom when I did it for the first time a few weeks back and it scared me. I can't imagine it not breaking over time like that.

I dropped glass 3 times at 4 feet before it broke, but yeah true over time it could lead to breaking at a weak point. And I see where you are concerned with a holder getting actives on it just from being in there, but I'd think it's a negligible amount. I don't know how you would even go about keeping it in place :uhoh:

Ninja edit:
sorry wish I could help you here but I have very little experience with qwiso or iso washing abv. I personally eat my abv ( there is an awesome abv shake recipe on FC somewhere, I know it doesnt help you yoshi but for everyone else). I do however have experience with washing my stems and it works great the way I said. simply. put your finger over one end of you solo stem, put a little isit in there ( remember less is more) plug the other end with another finger then shake it till the glass is clear again, pour onto cotton then evap. if the iso is very brown and the glass is still dirty at all just put in a little more iso and I should take care of whatever is still clinging to the glass.
I'm sure I could eat ABV in an enteric coating capsule, that would work. But to the cotton thing, the cotton just grabs everything out of the iso? If so that would make evap a whole lot faster and simpler.

Yoshi,

Dreamerr

I saw in one thread last night they used a strainer which I was thinking about. I now have an idea but not sure it will work. Use an old strainer and take the screen off. Wrap the screen around the stem. I wonder if that would give it enough cushion to not break it. Screening is a good choice since most of the stuff will still end up in the water. Also last time I ended up using a screen to separate the water and the butter so maybe I can use that same screen. I don't know, just trying to come up with a solution.

Dreamerr,

clouded vision

But to the cotton thing, the cotton just grabs everything out of the iso? If so that would make evap a whole lot faster and simpler.
Sort of, that's why I said more is less & actually the evap is slower so using a fan or vent helps evap it. Basically you want just enough iso to barely saturate the cotton ball without any running off onto whatever plate you set it on. Don't worry though because if there is any runoff just evap it & scrape it like you would a normal batch of qwiso. I hope this makes sense because I am too vaked right now to follow a single train of thought.

Hopefully this goes without saying but make sure whatever cotton ball you use has not been chemically altered in any way, ie. bleached

I saw in one thread last night they used a strainer which I was thinking about. I now have an idea but not sure it will work. Use an old strainer and take the screen off. Wrap the screen around the stem. I wonder if that would give it enough cushion to not break it. Screening is a good choice since most of the stuff will still end up in the water. Also last time I ended up using a screen to separate the water and the butter so maybe I can use that same screen. I don't know, just trying to come up with a solution.
Just an idea, not sure if it will work or not but what if you took 2 paint stir sticks, rubber band them together at each end the rest the ends on either side of you pot. Use the sticks to clamp onto your stem & just boil 1/2 of your stem at a time. You might even be able to line several stems up & do them all at the same time

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

clouded vision,

Dreamerr

Took me a while to visualize it but that may work but it would have to be a shallow pan. I am not sure cause you would need a lot of water to cover enough of the stem then I suppose will have to keep boiling till some of the water evaps when done. You may lose a lot to vaporization hence why we use fats to help it not do that but it still might. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :hmm:

Maybe a string or a wire through the holes and then suspend it :hmm: It won't work on a turbo unless you come around all the way through the stem and the outside but can be done. Now you men come up with a solution.

Dreamerr,

clouded vision

Good point on the fats, another excellent reason to use them. You actually got me to get up & go to my kitchen to get out a pot. I grabbed my smallest pot which is 1.5L & about 7" diameter. I grabbed a stir stick & lined everything up & it looks like you can actually have the stick grab one end of the stem while the other is sitting on the bottom of the pan (not that I would boil it with the glass sitting on the bottom). If you used something like this & boiled it with both water & either butter or coconut oil you also wouldn't have to worry about losing any to vaporization while trying to evap enough of the water out, just put it in the fridge to separate the water & the oils when the stem is clean.

clouded vision,
Never had a breakage problem, but that may be a concern with thinner glass. I'm not saying hot water alone is the best way to clean, but that it can be done and has worked for me. I mainly did it with brass pipes, but have boiled glass clean too.

kelper,

Dreamerr

Clouded, very true why do I can how much water if I have to put it in the fridge anyhow. I am going to try that next time I do my stem. My mind was stuck on less water so you can cook right in that pan soon as the stem was clean. I will still use the pan because you can never get everything out anyhow and why waste a beautifully coated pan:D

Kelper I am aware the stem doesn't fully clean but close enough. Always remember to lick the stem after it is cool or in my case took it out with a fork and finger and licked it in about 15 seconds lol. I didn't waste that stuff either....:hmm: I should have drank some water through it to get the insides...next time. I only drink water so that is my only choice.

Dreamerr,

Michael Perski

Drums320
Hey guys so I have a serious problem with my Solo. Basically, it won't turn on at all. Literally it just does nothing when I try to turn it on. And when I plug it in to charge, it beeps, and the top light flashes red and the blue idle light goes on, that's it. I have no idea why this is happening and it SUCKS because I don't have a backup vape....fuck smoking. Does anyone know of a way to factory reset the device or something? Has anyone had this problem before? I have contacted Arizer and their tips didn't help at all, and in order to get a replacement I have to contact the retailer I bought it from, which is Arometek. I emailed them and still no answer yet.....Such a pain in the ass I just want to have a vape that works!

Michael Perski,
Reactions: OF

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Those lights mean dead battery :/ I'm sorry dude

If you have a lithium ion battery charger anywhere you can try taking out the pack and trickle charging it - it could be that the voltage dropped lower than the minimum value programmed into the solo and for some reason it refuses to charge them if that happens. Do you own a multimeter or a voltage meter?

CentiZen,
Hey guys so I have a serious problem with my Solo. Basically, it won't turn on at all. Literally it just does nothing when I try to turn it on. And when I plug it in to charge, it beeps, and the top light flashes red and the blue idle light goes on, that's it. I have no idea why this is happening and it SUCKS because I don't have a backup vape....fuck smoking. Does anyone know of a way to factory reset the device or something? Has anyone had this problem before? I have contacted Arizer and their tips didn't help at all, and in order to get a replacement I have to contact the retailer I bought it from, which is Arometek. I emailed them and still no answer yet.....Such a pain in the ass I just want to have a vape that works!
I might catch shit for saying this, but in your position I would drop it from a height of about 4-6 inches onto a hard surface. Probably won't help, but sometimes the Fonzie trick works wonders. First exhaust more sensible advice.

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
Did anyone else get their Solo from Puffitup.com?

Well, I did and it came with a 4 piece grinder.
I've had it about 2-3 months now and am noticing that the aluminum is starting to scrape off.
I'm assuming the shavings are falling into my bud and I am vaping it.
Is this bad? Should I invest in another grinder?

537805_315601091900724_1365404946_n.jpg

544482_315601205234046_1535111782_n.jpg

keepsake,

clouded vision

it looks like it is just buildup on your grinder from normal use. I highly doubt the aluminum is actually coming off because it looks like that grinder is cnc'd out of a solid piece of aluminum. trying washing it real well with 91 iso it should look good as new

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
Hmm.. you're right!
I wiped it with a cloth and some alcohol and the black stuff came right off.
I wonder why there is black build up. I only grind green stuff in there lol... sometimes purple.. if I'm lucky.

keepsake,

clouded vision

when in doubt always try iso first lo l.

could be dirt/ dust mixing with it, melted trichs, there is a lot of fiction where the build-up is the worst, think about what your green material looks like after you vape it.

clouded vision,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Hmm.. you're right!
I wiped it with a cloth and some alcohol and the black stuff came right off.
I wonder why there is black build up. I only grind green stuff in there lol... sometimes purple.. if I'm lucky.
Pulverised herb resin and pollen I'm assuming, that has taken the form of a quasi-hash.

I'm using one of the PiU grinders atm and notice no metal sharding, at least not yet. I've only been using it for a few weeks.

CentiZen,

Dreamerr

Can we reclaim off the grinder if so how? Please PM me since it is off topic and getting further off. TIA

I don't use my piu grinder cause something is wrong with the threading so I can't open and close it.

Dreamerr,

filteredhead

If you leave it on charge (charge cable connected) for at least 1/2 hour and then press both up and down arrow buttons together for like 15 seconds does it power up then?

filteredhead,
Top Bottom