Arizer Solo

OF

Hey guys so I have a serious problem with my Solo. Basically, it won't turn on at all. Literally it just does nothing when I try to turn it on. And when I plug it in to charge, it beeps, and the top light flashes red and the blue idle light goes on, that's it.

Sorry to meet you under a cloud, but welcome to the Forum anyway.

Sad to say CZ is once again right. It's trying to tell you the battery is dead. But can't because the battery is dead......maybe.

The only reset we know about is to reboot it. Open it up, four screws in the corners of the bottom, and slide the cover off the bottom and front panel. On the back you'll see a plastic cover over the battery, carefully unlatch it, pull the battery out a bit and unplug it. You can see the plug through the side.

Wait a bit (a few minutes, push the buttons some) and plug it back in. If the battery's OK it should reboot. If not, you just plugged a dead battery back in.

Not that it can't be charged back up, if it's locked out due to deep discharge say it can trickle back up and reset....but the Solo can't tell you 'cuz it's dead. Get the issue here? It can only tell you something if it's talking to you and it can't talk until it's battery is happy.

Leave it on charge for a few hours and try again.

Otherwise, sounds like you're in the market for a new battery. There's a couple of Members around that have rebuilt theirs, there's a battery pack on Amazon that you can use, but need to solder the connector on.

Good luck with it, hope you get it going soon and hang around some. Good place, good information (sometimes at least.....), recommended.

BTW if you have a PA, it should still run it and will confirm the unit is OK since it doesn't need a solid battery. The charger alone won't cut it.

OF

mlo4sho

I recently purchased a piece of glass to use with my Solo (can't wait for it to arrive!). I'm waiting patiently for a GonG from Planet Vape to come back in stock but in the meantime would this allow me to mate my 18mm glass to the Solo stem? https://www.planetvape.ca/glass-18mm-to-14mm-reducer-lowpro.html
Apologies if it's a silly question, this sort of stuff confuses me. Do I need this one or the other way around?

mlo4sho,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I recently purchased a piece of glass to use with my Solo (can't wait for it to arrive!). I'm waiting patiently for a GonG from Planet Vape to come back in stock but in the meantime would this allow me to mate my 18mm glass to the Solo stem? https://www.planetvape.ca/glass-18mm-to-14mm-reducer-lowpro.html
Apologies if it's a silly question, this sort of stuff confuses me. Do I need this one or the other way around?
Yes, that'll work. :tup:

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: mlo4sho

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Welcome back....:lol: Just cause you didn't have your solo didn't mean you had to leave so if you get rid of it again stay. I know you will keep it this time. When are you going to get it now that you are portable vapeless?

Dreamerr,

Sonics420

Maybe I can carry around a generator and just plug my DBV in :lol:
Itll be here next week Tuesday. My XP still hasnt shipped.. Greg said friday so hopefully I get my super portable soon.

$un

Making my return back to the solo thread!! I just ordered a black M105.. I miss my Silver solo but been wanting a black one so finally found a great deal. Cant wait to get it!

how much did you pay? if you don't mind me asking...

what do you guys do with your vaped material ?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

$un,

Sonics420

how much did you pay? if you don't mind me asking...
New open box unit for 105. I have ebay bucks so it brought me down to 94$ shipped with a free grinder.
I am reading the m105 runs a little cooler. Shouldnt be a big deal right??

Sonics420,

$un

New open box unit for 105. I have ebay bucks so it brought me down to 94$ shipped with a free grinder.
I am reading the m105 runs a little cooler. Shouldnt be a big deal right??

hmm that's a really good price no doubt, but i would be very cautious on what i buy from ebay these days. too many counterfeit products floating around on ebay plus an open box item? i can't say i have a good feeling about it but hope i am wrong & everything turns out great. if its a little cooler it will just take your product a little longer to heat up. i bought mine for $132 brand new latest model.

$un,

Sonics420

I got it from easyvape on ebay..They have over 3k feedback 100% positive, they sell new solos also and other vapes. They said they would deal with warranty issues so i dnt need to ship to Canada.

You can make edibles with your abv. Check out the abv section many options.

Sonics420,

$un

I got it from easyvape on ebay..They have over 3k feedback 100% positive, they sell new solos also and other vapes. They said they would deal with warranty issues so i dnt need to ship to Canada.

You can make edibles with your abv. Check out the abv section many options.

well in that case if you bought it from a trusted power seller then you should be fine. but were i in your place just for another $30 or so if i could get a brand new latest model i would rather get that. where is the abv section & how do i look it up? i am still very new on this site & still learning how to navigate around.

$un,

Sonics420

well in that case if you bought it from a trusted power seller then you should be fine. but were i in your place just for another $30 or so if i could get a brand new latest model i would rather get that. where is the abv section & how do i look it up? i am still very new on this site & still learning how to navigate around.
True but its just goin to be my back up vape mostly, I wont be using it as heavy and felt like 94$ is within my budget LOL.. look at my broken vape pile.. Im already mad I have to shell out more money.. Buttt the solo is very reliable.

Also to navigate to that section click forums then scroll down and you will see ABV, just like you click "portable vaporizers" from the main forum to get here.

Sonics420,
Reactions: OF
True but its just goin to be my back up vape mostly, I wont be using it as heavy and felt like 94$ is within my budget LOL.. look at my broken vape pile.. Im already mad I have to shell out more money.. Buttt the solo is very reliable.

Also to navigate to that section click forums then scroll down and you will see ABV, just like you click "portable vaporizers" from the main forum to get here.
ABV is a section for answered/closed topics. It's a play on words, not a forum for ABV topics. :peace:

$un

ohh..well if its a back up vape then its perfectly fine if its a bit cooler. lol i am lucky i don't have a pile of broken vapes. i recently got into the whole vaping thing & the atmos raw was my first vaporizer. i was actually ripped off on ebay thinking it was a original atmos raw but ended up getting some fake counterfeit shit called G5 & only used it a couple of times & hated it. right now i am waiting on the ascent that's suppose to come out this month, lets see if it can beat the standard set by solo. and thanks, ill look it up & see what i can find on abv, hopefully can make some good edibles. by the way what's really the effect with already vaped material?

$un,

Sonics420

LOL Yeah i didnt really double check, go to "cooking with cannabis" or hell just google "cooking with abv" lol

Some ABV brownies can be potent enough to knock u out or just have u str8 up too stoned :lol:
read up on it and youll figure it out, its pretty easy to cook with abv

$un

ill start up my research this weekend & see what i can come up with, never tried it before so hopefully it will come out good & wont knock my ass out lol

$un,

Monsoon

I should be getting my Solo today after a fluke mixup at PV. Suffice it to say someone in the UK is getting a lot more than just the new screens they ordered, lol. Anyway I called them up and they got a replacement order sent out right away after they realized what had happened.

I did however get my external battery pack and it looks like it has the correct adapter. It's about the same size as a 2.5" portable hard drive and maybe slightly heavier. If it works I'll be able to spend the day at the park vaping away without worrying about running out of juice. Also offers discreet charging when necessary.

Monsoon,
Reactions: $un

$un

I should be getting my Solo today after a fluke mixup at PV. Suffice it to say someone in the UK is getting a lot more than just the new screens they ordered, lol. Anyway I called them up and they got a replacement order sent out right away after they realized what had happened.

I did however get my external battery pack and it looks like it has the correct adapter. It's about the same size as a 2.5" portable hard drive and maybe slightly heavier. If it works I'll be able to spend the day at the park vaping away without worrying about running out of juice. Also offers discreet charging when necessary.

can you take a picture of the external battery pack? i am interested in knowing more about the external batter pack

$un,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I got one of the glass WT's from the Pinnacle (VB) and paired it up with my Solo using the 14mm regular gong attachment. Set it to 7, and look at that vapor production. The small size and volume of that WT seems to match well with the draw resistance and I did not feel as if I was straining at all to fill the piece and get a full, thick hit. This is a drastic difference from the way it behaves on a large volume water piece. Definitely a great match and exactly what I have been waiting for since we first started seeing glass water tubes.

OF

if its a little cooler it will just take your product a little longer to heat up.

I don't agree with that. This is a 'closed loop system' like your home heater. It 'reads' the final result (actual bowl temperature or room temperature) and adjusts the 'fire' (heating) accordingly. Turning it on when too cold, off again when hot enough. You can hear the furnace cycle as needed at home or watch the pretty lights on Solo as this happens.

In both systems 'changing the heat load' (taking a big old hit on Solo or opening a window at home) will force an early cycle to make up the lost heat.

Changing the setting at home doesn't mean the house gets to the same temperature at a different rate, it means the house gets to a different temperature at the normal rate. The furnace still produces the same amount of heat per minute (BTUs in this case), same as Solo (Watts here). It's simply a calibration issue if you will. Like changing the numbers on the thermostat dial at home so what once read '72 degrees' now reads 82.

So, 'being a little cooler' does not mean it just takes longer, in fact it takes less time. It just stops at a colder temperature on the way and stays there instead. The 'fix' is to use a higher temperature setting, I believe it's 10 degrees? Two steps? This will get to the same temperature in the same time since the heaters and loads are the same and the same rules of Physics are still in control.

OF

$un

how much do you guys think the solo vapor smells? is the smell strong enough to leak to another room with the door closed or reach the next floor upstairs? my girlfriend & i usually can't get much of a smell with the fan on but i wanted to know what others opinion is about this.

$un,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
IME smell is related to cloud density.

Thicker clouds = more smell.

The solo can blow pretty impressive clouds, so can be smelly.
But if you took it slow, started at a low setting, and were going for minimal clouds, the smell would be reduced.

:2c:

way2

My wife hated the smell when I smoked.:rant: When I started using the solo she no longer complained.:wave: Now I've been using the shit out of my LSV and she's complaining again!!:goon:I do have a bunch of kids so I invest heavily in Ozium!

The smell isn't like smoke it dissipates much faster and doesn't stay on your clothes as much. With a Solo and a fan you shouldn't have too much of an odor.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
My wife hated the smell when I smoked.:rant: When I started using the solo she no longer complained.:wave: Now I've been using the shit out of my LSV and she's complaining again!!:goon:I do have a bunch of kids so I invest heavily in Ozium!

The smell isn't like smoke it dissipates much faster and doesn't stay on your clothes as much. With a Solo and a fan you shouldn't have too much of an odor.
I use the SOLO the most for that very reason!

ataxian,
Top Bottom