Arizer Solo

bluemonkey

thanks a lot man! that kinda looks like you get some pieces sucked into your mouth?

No problem,
Not with the screens, a few just get through but they never make it up the whole stem.

i have done in the past with the stock stems, but even then surprisingly little reaches your mouth, it usually just coats the inner surface.

But I did end up cutting a makeshift screen for the stock, I wanted to see if a finer grind would produce a bigger cloud, not sure if it did really, marginal at best.
but it does make cleaning easy, and ensures all my herbs stay in the heat,

planet vape recently advertised the various grades of mesh available,
they are shipped with the standard,

i would likely get the finest available if i could, can't really see a downside

olivianewtonjohn

It'll probably be better with the Dewaar, but I'd still go for the stemline. Not much a fan of trees.

Either one will perform well. Personally I would go with the stemline. Great diffusion while not killing the flavor. And both pieces are stemless so less to clean - I don't think either one would be wrong.
Thanks alot guys the stemline it is! I will save up my piggy bank for it thanks for your opinions.

olivianewtonjohn,
Not my stem... wow. Double stacked ultrafine screens.
HeM9xum.jpg

$un

No problem,
Not with the screens, a few just get through but they never make it up the whole stem.

i have done in the past with the stock stems, but even then surprisingly little reaches your mouth, it usually just coats the inner surface.

But I did end up cutting a makeshift screen for the stock, I wanted to see if a finer grind would produce a bigger cloud, not sure if it did really, marginal at best.
but it does make cleaning easy, and ensures all my herbs stay in the heat,

planet vape recently advertised the various grades of mesh available,
they are shipped with the standard,

try ebay for screens really good prices. 100 screens for under $5 shipped. i have heard with the turbo there's not as much vapor clouds? and also the material burns a lot faster? could you do some bowl times? right now with my regular stock stem i am getting a good 25 to 39 minutes on a bowl that's half way packed & i enjoy that. wouldn't want to compromise that in the price of easier draw resistance.

$un,

HSIHP

:o daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

If I had that stem, I would make one hell of a hot chocolate and take only sips at a time. That thing looks potent.

HSIHP,

$un

:o daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

If I had that stem, I would make one hell of a hot chocolate and take only sips at a time. That thing looks potent.

so you just wash the whole stem inside the chocolate milk then drink it? is that clean & safe to do? what effects did you get after that?

$un,

olivianewtonjohn

I like the look of a clean stem but OMG that stem is CRAZY. I have never made it very long without cleaning. I have asked in a few different threads but no answer lol. Hoping my fellow solo dolo bros/girlys could give me some info. I have used my ISO to clean the stems and it has dried. Is the dried reclaim safe for cooking? I really like my edibles lol.

Question 2, if I can would making oil from my ABV and then mixing in the reclaim and kief from my grinder then putting it all together in brownie mix be a good idea?

olivianewtonjohn,

HSIHP

so you just wash the whole stem inside the chocolate milk then drink it? is that clean & safe to do? what effects did you get after that?

I did it for the first time recently. I let my stem soak in some milk on the stove for about 20 mins, never letting it boil. Then I made home made hot chocolate with it and had a pretty nice buzz for about 4 to 5 hours. I ended up not using my Solo at all that night when I would normally use it 3 to 4 times.

HSIHP,

bluemonkey

try ebay for screens really good prices. 100 screens for under $5 shipped. i have heard with the turbo there's not as much vapor clouds? and also the material burns a lot faster? could you do some bowl times? right now with my regular stock stem i am getting a good 25 to 39 minutes on a bowl that's half way packed & i enjoy that. wouldn't want to compromise that in the price of easier draw resistance.

might be hard to do a comparison right now, i'm already pretty high, not sure a another bowl will do me any favors.

I usually finish my stem within the 12 min cycle, just how i work,
but you should think of it as "another option" the shorty turbo allows for a different kind of session, one i prefer most of the time,
the bowl is smaller, so there is less material that is hot at any one time, this means you won't quite get the same density but it's not really noticeable.
furthermore i generally live by big clouds=big waste in the vape world, but they are psychologically satisfying sometimes, a smoking relic I'm sure

The benefit of the shorty is that you enjoy almost twice as many fresh bowls,
and the turbo just seems like the obvious choice one you have a screen

bluemonkey,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Damn that stem looks yummy. You will be passed out for a long time.

ONJ, maybe try a google search. I am not thrilled about putting that in food but then again you do inhale it no matter how much you evap just like after a fresh cleaning or is that just me poisoning myself.:o

OF

While there is a good set of reasons to go with fine (and I usually do) there are several downsides worth considering.

First off, restriction. A fine screen, say where the wires and holes are the same size is 75% blocked (25% open, 1 in 4)). If we double the opening size we go to close to 50% open (4 in nine) , a huge improvement. If the size of the wire scaled directly with the holes this wouldn't happen of course, but that's not what happens when mesh sizes change a lot.

Also, the smaller holes foul out faster.

So fine screens offer more restriction than more open ones and they get degraded faster.....kind of a double whammy really.

I don't mind the restriction and swap out the screens when they foul (cleaning them all at one time when the jar is full) so I go fine, but for some that might not be the best call.....which is why they sell different sizes I guess.

OF

Dreamerr

Yep, I would be one of the ones who fine screens would be bad for. I rather get herb in my mouth but that hardly ever happens. A matter of fact, I can't remember the last time it happened but I am brain dead. :hmm:

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Yep, I would be one of the ones who fine screens would be bad for. I rather get herb in my mouth but that hardly ever happens. A matter of fact, I can't remember the last time it happened but I am brain dead. :hmm:

i don't even use screens and i don't get bits in my mouth

Dreamerr

I got some bits before I used screens but my grind might have been fine and herb dry. That will get ya everytime but I really don't mind it. I use screens now truly for ease of cleaning and better sessions cause of the surface area.

Dreamerr,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Your point beeing?

My point was that I was in doubt about buying a vape that has 185°C as the lowest setting. Vaping at lower temps (160-170°C) gives you a more high and less stoned feeling which I enjoy from time to time. And this isn't possible with the solo. I did buy it because a) I need something more portable then my volcano and b)I couldn't wait for the ascent to arrive. Don't get me wrong I like the solo and use it on daily basis. But I'll prolly buy the ascent when it arrives. Time will tell if the solo will still be used after that, or if it'll hits the classies.
Jeff whatever method you prefer.
I hate to waste money chasing the next new thing.
I love my SOLO's and they work very well.
Since I love wax I have the PERSEI's.

Simple.

If you do it another way power to you.

Whatever you do just have fun!

$un

might be hard to do a comparison right now, i'm already pretty high, not sure a another bowl will do me any favors.

I usually finish my stem within the 12 min cycle, just how i work,
but you should think of it as "another option" the shorty turbo allows for a different kind of session, one i prefer most of the time,
the bowl is smaller, so there is less material that is hot at any one time, this means you won't quite get the same density but it's not really noticeable.
furthermore i generally live by big clouds=big waste in the vape world, but they are psychologically satisfying sometimes, a smoking relic I'm sure

The benefit of the shorty is that you enjoy almost twice as many fresh bowls,
and the turbo just seems like the obvious choice one you have a screen

lol me too! loving the solo. i am not saying right now but whenever you get a chance that will be cool. do you pack your bowl fully? yeah your right they are a little psychologically satisfying & more tradition that we are all used to. there is currently no videos of the vphes stems, if you ever did a product review video that would be really awesome.

olivianewtonjohn

lol me too! loving the solo. i am not saying right now but whenever you get a chance that will be cool. do you pack your bowl fully? yeah your right they are a little psychologically satisfying & more tradition that we are all used to. there is currently no videos of the vphes stems, if you ever did a product review video that would be really awesome.

I normally dont pack a full bowl unless im with a friend or two. Lately if I want just a nice buzz I have found putting in a stupid small amount still works. Im talking grounded up not even covering the base of the stem. I usually shove a screen in to make sure everything doesnt fall out because its such a low amount. I think the purpose of my story is there is alot of versatility with bowl size and that im a light weight lol.

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: $un

$un

I normally dont pack a full bowl unless im with a friend or two. Lately if I want just a nice buzz I have found putting in a stupid small amount still works. Im talking grounded up not even covering the base of the stem. I usually shove a screen in to make sure everything doesnt fall out because its such a low amount. I think the purpose of my story is there is alot of versatility with bowl size and that im a light weight lol.

lol wow how long does your bowls usually last? do you have the pvhes stems or are you talking about the stock stems?

$un,

olivianewtonjohn

lol wow how long does your bowls usually last? do you have the pvhes stems or are you talking about the stock stems?
Stock stem and not that long a few hits or so, usually need to up it to 7 pretty fast since its way up there. But what I have learned is its good to put in an amount that makes you feel good then you cant over vape. With vaping it takes a second to feel so at times you can easily go over board. For example first week I got the solo I decided to vape before work (I have a brainless desk job so MJ could only make me a better worker) well when I got to my work one of the managers was right there in the hallway. I said "hi" and walked away lol. I quickly went straight to my cubical and drank my coffee fast.

Another time I vaped so much (MJ-kief-MJ sandwhich bowl). My friends passed out (some on the floor lol) and I started having crazy tunnel vision and felt a pull on my legs, I felt like I could feel the earths rotation. Not something I would do very often haha

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: $un and b0

poonman

Very nice king ,
I can tell it's strictly thru water gear .
If I did a dry hit thru that stem , I'm sure to cough up a lung .

So tell us ,
What will you be doing with that resin ?

poonman,

poonman

Did none of you read the first 3 words of kings post?
"Not my stem..."
Whomevers stem it is, it's a damn fine sight though
I'd be torching it, but just about any reclaim method would be :brow:

I believe he was replying to herbs getting stuck up in the stems by an earlier post .

edit ;
but then , I'm so vaked right now , I'm not sure ....

poonman,
Top Bottom