Arizer Solo

Monsoon

can you take a picture of the external battery pack? i am interested in knowing more about the external batter pack

It looks exactly the same as the picture on Amazon but if it works I'll post a picture of it alongside the Solo once I get it setup.

Monsoon,
Reactions: $un
It looks exactly the same as the picture on Amazon but if it works I'll post a picture of it alongside the Solo once I get it setup.
Is the plan to use the battery pack as a spare battery at home, or while out an about? It seems the power adapter would be cheaper if you were just using it at home. Then again, a portable battery pack will probably get more over-all use than a power adapter that can only drive one device.

kingofnull,

Monsoon

Is the plan to use the battery pack as a spare battery at home, or while out an about? It seems the power adapter would be cheaper if you were just using it at home. Then again, a portable battery pack will probably get more over-all use than a power adapter that can only drive one device.
I might use it at home if I'm lazy but it's mainly for out and about use. I also haven't confirmed yet if it will function well as a PA but I'm mostly planning on charging it between uses if I think I may run low.

Monsoon,

OF

IME smell is related to cloud density.

Thicker clouds = more smell.

The solo can blow pretty impressive clouds, so can be smelly.

I think this kinda spells it out. The potential is there. If you goof up, it can happen.

To that I'd like to point out smokers don't realize they reek of tobacco when they come back from their smoking break. They don't smell their clothes in the closet, either. This means that potentially you (or any partaker) is likely to be a very bad judge of smell when it matters most.

Even if you weren't stoned.

This is not a good way to 'buy security'. It does not really lessen your duty (to yourself and family?), you still need due dillegence. It's one of those risk/benefit things?

OF

New open box unit for 105. I have ebay bucks so it brought me down to 94$ shipped with a free grinder.
I am reading the m105 runs a little cooler. Shouldnt be a big deal right??
tbh I had an M105 and sold it. I must really like the ability to go to a higher heat setting. The M105 IMHO was about 2 notches behind my M103. So in reality it could only get to 5 heat setting IMHO. Other people love it, but I'm assuming that's because they prefer a lower temp and don't really see the need in turning it up, or they don't use concentrates, etc.... I found that I had to pack the living shit out of my M105 to restrict the airflow enough so it could hit slightly similar to my ceramic(and that was with stock stems!). All in all it was actually a pretty good party vape because you could pack the shit out of it. My ceramic you have to just lightly push it in there(but with the addition of the PVHES stem I can now pack it again like the M105). idk its alright enough I guess lol

I don't agree with that. This is a 'closed loop system' like your home heater. It 'reads' the final result (actual bowl temperature or room temperature) and adjusts the 'fire' (heating) accordingly. Turning it on when too cold, off again when hot enough. You can hear the furnace cycle as needed at home or watch the pretty lights on Solo as this happens.

In both systems 'changing the heat load' (taking a big old hit on Solo or opening a window at home) will force an early cycle to make up the lost heat.

Changing the setting at home doesn't mean the house gets to the same temperature at a different rate, it means the house gets to a different temperature at the normal rate. The furnace still produces the same amount of heat per minute (BTUs in this case), same as Solo (Watts here). It's simply a calibration issue if you will. Like changing the numbers on the thermostat dial at home so what once read '72 degrees' now reads 82.

So, 'being a little cooler' does not mean it just takes longer, in fact it takes less time. It just stops at a colder temperature on the way and stays there instead. The 'fix' is to use a higher temperature setting, I believe it's 10 degrees? Two steps? This will get to the same temperature in the same time since the heaters and loads are the same and the same rules of Physics are still in control.

OF
This is correct. Check out this vid I did to show Arizer that my unit was to cold. I then sent the replacement back in and the new one was a little better.

http://s108.photobucket.com/user/yellowcobra/media/285db70a.mp4.html?sort=3&o=108

pancreas_fractum

Looking forward to my PVHES, although I have just seemed to get the hang of blowing enormous clouds with the stock stem.

With a little luck it may arrive this weekend - but regardless, I'm heading to my dispensary this afternoon so this weekend should be fun :) I'm really amazed at how good the taste is on the Solo...I can't even explain the complex aromatic flavor of some bomb chemdog '91 through this thing!

pancreas_fractum,
Reactions: OF

al bundy

Vaporist
Nice vid jam although I can see why the solo gongs come with a carb.
how hot does the gong stem get?
(not that it makes a difference as my carb less gong stem is on its way from planet vape)
But I could always drill a carb with my dremmel.
Should have my wt tomorrow.

al bundy,

Sonics420

tbh I had an M105 and sold it. I must really like the ability to go to a higher heat setting. The M105 IMHO was about 2 notches behind my M103. So in reality it could only get to 5 heat setting IMHO. Other people love it, but I'm assuming that's because they prefer a lower temp and don't really see the need in turning it up, or they don't use concentrates, etc.... I found that I had to pack the living shit out of my M105 to restrict the airflow enough so it could hit slightly similar to my ceramic(and that was with stock stems!). All in all it was actually a pretty good party vape because you could pack the shit out of it. My ceramic you have to just lightly push it in there(but with the addition of the PVHES stem I can now pack it again like the M105). idk its alright enough I guess lol

This is correct. Check out this vid I did to show Arizer that my unit was to cold. I then sent the replacement back in and the new one was a little better.

http://s108.photobucket.com/user/yellowcobra/media/285db70a.mp4.html?sort=3&o=108

Damnit. Asked the seller if he had any other models b4 shipping so we'll see about that. I do enjoy high temps so its a bummer but not really a deal breaker. Sometimew 5 on my old solo was enough if it wasnt through a water pipe.

Sonics420,
Damnit. Asked the seller if he had any other models b4 shipping so we'll see about that. I do enjoy high temps so its a bummer but not really a deal breaker. Sometimew 5 on my old solo was enough if it wasnt through a water pipe.
same here for me, but sometimes I love to crank it to 7 and with my M105 in essence I couldn't do that. once again IMO

VapeNStone,
Reactions: Sonics420

Monsoon

Solo has arrived and I briefly tested it with the battery pack and it both charges and works as a PA. Further testing will have to wait until I'm home from work.

I've tried the Solo now with both planetvape's non-PVHE and PVHE GonG paired with the Pinnacle HydroTube. Can't tell a difference between the two. Once you get that HydroTube slurper on there it has plenty of suction power either way. I actually like the non-PVHE GonG better because it is tighter in the hole and so feels more solid.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
i need to get me one of these tubes sometime. i don't think i want the Pinnacle (not yet at least) but i am thinking i really want a tube for my solo

$un

My wife hated the smell when I smoked.:rant: When I started using the solo she no longer complained.:wave: Now I've been using the shit out of my LSV and she's complaining again!!:goon:I do have a bunch of kids so I invest heavily in Ozium!

The smell isn't like smoke it dissipates much faster and doesn't stay on your clothes as much. With a Solo and a fan you shouldn't have too much of an odor.

what's a LSV?

$un,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
M101 - M107
Then it went to something like
M1A, M1B

Tbh, I'm not 100% up to date within the newer serials, but I know there was M101 through to M107 at first, and there have only been 2 or 3 since then, with no major revisions I know of after the M107

b0

Cloudy...
I have a M1A3 that works awesome and remember to saw the first M1B in thi spost.

b0,
Top Bottom