Arizer Solo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
We know that now cause at least I can't read and admit it. I think the words were looking strange, ah it was another language, they were to small to see, I didn't see any words must have been invisible:brow:

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

Armerad

Dabbin'
I think my next vape accesory I purchase will be the Pinnacle water tube for use with my Solo, as my daily driver glass for portable and home use (w/ PA at home).

Can anyone comment on how they like the tube with their Solo? I'm really liking the portability (What is that, 10.25" assembled?).

Is the Hydratube formfactor really worthwhile, or is a conventional and stable dewaar bubbler better?

Armerad,
I think my next vape accesory I purchase will be the Pinnacle water tube for use with my Solo, as my daily driver glass for portable and home use (w/ PA at home).

Can anyone comment on how they like the tube with their Solo? I'm really liking the portability (What is that, 10.25" assembled?).

Is the Hydratube formfactor really worthwhile, or is a conventional and stable dewaar bubbler better?
I've commented on this in the past. The pinnacle HT is great with the solo. I can't measure right now, but it's very portable. i usually set the Solo on 4 and it provides good cooling.

kelper,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Kingofnull, i think people did not notice the words because they were caught up with that fine caramel resin.. :D

Do you people use the milk+stem with whole milk? The one time i did it i used half-fat (?) milk and i accidently boiled it a bit and the milk got a little stringy.. the fat kind of aggregated..

vorrange,
Kingofnull, i think people did not notice the words because they were caught up with that fine caramel resin.. :D

Do you people use the milk+stem with whole milk? The one time i did it i used half-fat (?) milk and i accidently boiled it a bit and the milk got a little stringy.. the fat kind of aggregated..
Whole milk will work better because it has a higher fat content. Don't boil the milk, scald it with the stem in - below the boiling point. Might need to let it soak for longer, but you're not burning the milk at least.

Dreamerr

Vorrange I did it with water and butter and it worked well. I was thinking if you put the stem in like that, removed it then you can just cook some more of the water off and then cook dinner. Lot's of sauces you add a bit of water anyhow so just cook off until it looks right. I am sure you can do it with veggie oil or olive oil as well.

clouded vision

Ok I understand needing a fat source when cooking with fresh flowers but the stem oil should be decarbed and ready to consume just like abv would be so why is a highly fatty milk necessary? why wouldn't dissolving the oil in hot water (except the taste of course) or skim milk or even just consuming the oil straight off some sort of scraper work just as well? please educate me!!

clouded vision,

pancreas_fractum

Just wanted to drop by to say I finally picked up a PVHES stem...now I just have to wait for it to arrive!

I'm about 2 weeks into using my Solo and love it, and am already contemplating my next purchase...probably the SSV!

pancreas_fractum,

OF

why wouldn't dissolving the oil in hot water (except the taste of course) or skim milk or even just consuming the oil straight off some sort of scraper work just as well? please educate me!!

Well, maybe because "oil and water don't mix"? You've heard it no doubt......

It has nothing to do with 'being decarbed' and everything to do with being absorbed by you. The THC can bond to the fats and they will ba absorbed by you carrying the THC with them.

If you guys are really serious about this you should lay in a supply of (or similar):
http://www.amazon.com/Nutiva-Organic-Virgin-Coconut-15-Ounce/dp/B001EO5Q64/ref=sr_1_4?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1365102044&sr=1-4&keywords=coconut oil

This is seriously heavy oil, absorbs THC like a big dog, works well with most foods (you'll find it used a lot in prepared foods if you look), keeps well, adds little taste........

Just boil it up in water with a spoon or two of the oil in it, let it cool fully (I put it in the refrigerator) and scoop the good stuff off the top (remember, oil and water don't mix....). The nasty stuff stays in the water and you can use it as you wish. Even put it in non fat hot chocolate if that's the idea? Or eat it cold on a cracker. Or on your finger (don't bite, just lick).

Clarified butter will also work, but the coconut oil is better.

OF

clouded vision

Yes I understand oil and water don't mix. In the point I brought up though I was only using the water as a medium to melt the oil off the stem so it can be easily consumed. I also understand its not about decarbing and I guess I mis-spoke. I guess my real question is why is drinking the stem oil suspended in (not dissolved in) hot water any different than eating a spoonful of abv, which I am led to believe after reading through several posts in these forums, is both acommon practice and effective?

clouded vision,

OF

I guess my real question is why is drinking the stem oil suspended in (not dissolved in) hot water any different than eating a spoonful of abv, which I am led to believe after reading through several posts in these forums, is both acommon practice and effective?

At the risk of repeating myself, my understanding is the edible oil is absorbed (quickly) and carries the THC with it.

The same reason you use Peanut Butter with AVB Firecrackers and cook them, the fat available.

Try it both ways and see for yourself?

OF

OF,
Yes I understand oil and water don't mix. In the point I brought up though I was only using the water as a medium to melt the oil off the stem so it can be easily consumed. I also understand its not about decarbing and I guess I mis-spoke. I guess my real question is why is drinking the stem oil suspended in (not dissolved in) hot water any different than eating a spoonful of abv, which I am led to believe after reading through several posts in these forums, is both acommon practice and effective?
Oil and water do mix, but then tend to separate. Milk consists of oils/fats and water and stay mixed quite well when refrigerated.

kelper,

OF

Oil and water do mix, but then tend to separate. Milk consists of oils/fats and water and stay mixed quite well when refrigerated.

And what does the butterfat (cream) do if not homogenized? Don't confuse suspension with a solution. Your body is made of water most, oils will pass right on by. Most of those that don't are absorbed slowly....something most are not big on.

FWIW THC 'vapor' in air is basically the same deal I think. An aerosol suspended in air, not a true gas mixed in the room. It just settles very slowly being small particles.

So what do you think is happening?

OF

OF,

Dreamerr

I agree with OF but some of us hate the taste of coconut but it is the best to use. Saying that I do make coconut capsules but not strong enough for me. Since I swallow them or coconut oil with abv I don't care about the taste. For cooking it is a different ballgame. I used coconut infused oil once and was surprised how over whelming the taste was. I am unusual though. I can taste coconut even if it is the last ingredient on a list. I eat partridge farm cookies Sausalito and can easily taste the coconut.

Dreamerr,
And what does the butterfat (cream) do if not homogenized? Don't confuse suspension with a solution. Your body is made of water most, oils will pass right on by. Most of those that don't are absorbed slowly....something most are not big on.

FWIW THC 'vapor' in air is basically the same deal I think. An aerosol suspended in air, not a true gas mixed in the room. It just settles very slowly being small particles.

OF
The word "mix" has a more general definition that can include suspension and solution. If you operationally define the term, then you can begin to scientifically test a hypothesis about what substances can be mixed.

kelper,

OF

I used coconut infused oil once and was surprised how over whelming the taste was. I am unusual though. I can taste coconut even if it is the last ingredient on a list. I eat partridge farm cookies Sausalito and can easily taste the coconut.

Wow! Ya know Lady, I always knew you had a lot of taste and all, but I sure didn't think it ran that way too......

I too like the gel caps, somewhere around I've even got a bulk loader I bought that doesn't work all that well. I don't like the texture more that the taste I guess. A while back I made a batch of coconut oil and put some in cookies (so so) but then I tried it in some curry.....man that went fast. Two or 3 more batches of curry and it was all gone. Which was OK, I was getting tired of curry anyway.....

I bet it's good in Chili as well? Maybe time to make some more?

Another fun trick is a 1/4 gram or a bit more herb, very fine ground, in a tablespoon or so of butter in a pan. Gently heat it slowly until you get wisps of vapor coming off, then quickly scramble a couple eggs in it. Don't forget to start the toast.....

Fast, pretty tasty (with the right stuff to add to the eggs, I like salsa and onions myself), and scary effective.

OF

OF

The word "mix" has a more general definition that can include suspension and solution. If you operationally define the term, then you can begin to scientifically test a hypothesis about what substances can be mixed.

Didn't answer the question.....

I'm trying to contribute here. The topic is, I think, eating THC, not quibbling over unrelated stuff?

OF

OF,
Ok I understand needing a fat source when cooking with fresh flowers but the stem oil should be decarbed and ready to consume just like abv would be so why is a highly fatty milk necessary? why wouldn't dissolving the oil in hot water (except the taste of course) or skim milk or even just consuming the oil straight off some sort of scraper work just as well? please educate me!!
It will work if the water is hot enough and you boil it long enough - I have done this. Pre-mixing the water with an oil will work quicker because the resin oil mixes more easily with other oils.

kelper,

clouded vision

It will work if the water is hot enough and you boil it long enough - I have done this. Pre-mixing the water with an oil will work quicker because the resin oil mixes more easily with other oils.
Thank you, that was exactly the type of answer I was looking for and it makes sense that it would work in plain water but mixing into some sort of lipid would be MORE efficient/effective, although I don't fully grasp why you said the water has to be "hot enough" and "boil it long enough." As soon as the oil is off the stem and suspended in the water it should immediately be ready to drink. This is where the oil already being decarbed comes in to play (I knew I misspoke for a reason lol)

edit: after re-reading your post I think you were saying you need to boil the water longer with the stem in it just to get the oils off.of the stem and that would make sense why you said it needed to be hot and boiled longer. Please correct me if I'm mistaken. I just got home from work and packed my solo so I should be much more patient with my reading now.

clouded vision,
Thank you, that was exactly the type of answer I was looking for and it makes sense that it would work in plain water but mixing into some sort of lipid would be MORE efficient/effective, although I don't fully grasp why you said the water has to be "hot enough" and "boil it long enough." As soon as the oil is off the stem and suspended in the water it should immediately be ready to drink. This is where the oil already being decarbed comes in to play (I knew I misspoke for a reason lol)
You're welcome. Just long enough for the oil to be off the stem, so you got it. I used to boil old school glass and brass this way. I'd go hot enough for a good roiling boil.

kelper,
Top Bottom