Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I only do flowers and budda/wax , no access to oils , at least not on a regular basis .

For the main use of FLOWERS I have two SOLO's working and love them very much!

I tried different vaporizers and I won't say the brand names as not to offend anyone who disagrees however I can't handle any thing that destroys the taste of good FLOWERS.

I have complete respect for serious growers who are challenged to grow perfect GARDEN of EDEN style FLOWERS.

To put TOP SHELF FLOWERS in a device that turns the FLOWER into burnt POP CORN is IDIOTIC!

Regardless of your needs taste is at the top of the list.
Call me a flavor snob.
(I've been called much worse)!

For concentrates you know my choice.

PM me if you need anything?

ataxian,

OF

After a much needed visit to the garden with my Solo it occurs to me to bring up a couple of what I think are fun artifacts of the unit.

First off, when holding temperature (say at 4) the heat light flashes from time to time to make up for lost heat. If I let it idle the 4 lamp usually stays lit, but if I hit it hard enough it drops to 3 as the heater comes on (light flashes) and climbs back up to four, heats a bit more and goes off. All well and good, I assume others see this. But watch the top (number 4 in my example) light carefully and it winks off for a bit just as the flashing stops? This is a false reading, of course, the temperature didn't suddenly drop a notch and climb back on it's own. I think this is an all digital processor (it 'reads' temperature with it's only A/D, Analog to Digital, converter and decides when to heat and how many lights to show). The display is multiplexed, wave it around in a dark room and you get dots for trails, not streaks, it flashes the lights at us at a very fast rate. So I think that the software gets distracted when it shuts down the heating and misses some flashes on the top lamp?

And even more obscure one shows up as it boots up. Let it time out with a fairly full charge. Then click it back on and watch the display carefully. Let's say we were just running at level 4 again. I see the idle light come on, the top light flash, get the beep (enabled on mine at present) then the display of the battery condition (all normal) and then it shifts to temperature display mode. We know it's at four or just below because it was only a few seconds since it was on, but light number five comes on! And stays lit for several seconds, when it finally goes out, the number 4 flashes briefly and goes out since by then the temperature is really down. Sometimes 4 doesn't really come on but a fraction of a second. Where did the 5 come from?

If I do the same test with a nearly discharged battery the temperature 'overshoot' displayed doesn't happen.

I think there's only one A/D. They're a little expensive, it's easier and cheaper to share often. I think it uses that one channel to read the battery voltage then shifts to read the much lower signal representing temperature to convert it for the processor to 'read'. Such converters are typically filtered to remove noise, meaning they can respond to changes slowly but show stable numbers. My guess is errors in the timing of the samples are at the heart of this?

Both of these, I think, 'can be fixed in software'.....basically where they came from? I've got a MiA4, do you guys see these little artifacts? It's entirely possible I'm imagining the whole thing of course.....

TIA

OF

bluemonkey

Both of these, I think, 'can be fixed in software'.....basically where they came from? I've got a MiA4, do you guys see these little artifacts? It's entirely possible I'm imagining the whole thing of course.....

TIA

OF

i have the same model, and i have noticed the same "artifacts" though my knowledge of these things is not so developed, so i could not explain it. I appreciate the enlightenment
Also sometimes my device skips the battery display and goes into straight into idle, i think this could be related to how long i hold down the buttons

OF

i have the same model, and i have noticed the same "artifacts" though my knowledge of these things is not so developed, so i could not explain it. I appreciate the enlightenment
Also sometimes my device skips the battery display and goes into straight into idle, i think this could be related to how long i hold down the buttons

Thanks very much for the feedback. I noticed that bit too and figured I was being clumsy as well. I also use the 'hold the down arrow to get the last setting' feature which sometimes doesn't work......I think because I somehow drive the level all the way to the bottom?

For me it takes a lot of repeats on tests to eliminate my being clumsy.....and even then I fool myself sometimes. In this case it seems at least two of us are fooling ourselves, and in two different hemispheres no less?

Thanks again.

OF

Yoshi

Woah
For sake of saving space, OF, I'm not going to quote your post.

(M1A4) I've noticed if I'm using my Solo on 4 and I catch it on it's "cool down," it jumps down to 3, then stays there as if it can't catch up until I stop drawing. I think I have noticed the jump up but thought nothing of it and continued vaping. I'll have to try that one out to see if I can recreate it on purpose.

Also, I have held the buttons too long and noticed it skips battery indication.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I have not had battery skips on the M1A3 and have no idea what the hell you are talking about with the other stuff as always. I use my solo on three and it stays fairly steady with the heat light blinking on a slightly longer draw then normal. If I take a big draw or many repeated draws it drops to two and it is to cool to get a hit so I must wait. I do see the 3 light flickering as it heats back up and goes full solid at some point and soon after that the red goes off or visa versa cause you know I am brain dead. If this helps great if not I tried.

IMO it's pretty hard to condemn PV for offering a unique product that's too popular with consumers.

If you really want a GonG stem, why not buy the carb version like I did? It's the same price and as I posted here is very easy to plug the really very small hole in. I'm using half a dozen turns of teflon plumbing tape from the hardware store on mine. Works like a champ.

OF
Snipped skewer stick in the carb hole works for me.

Edit: 14mm GonG works great with the VaporBlunt Pinnacle Hydro-Tube. Great transportable size with plenty of cooling power for the Solo. A guy on eBay has them for sale. I find even with the non-PVHE-GonG, coupling the Solo w/ the HT really amplifies the suction power - much easier to hit than without the HT.

P666R

Extremely pleased with my recent m107 SOLO. heat setting #2-5 are my preference, it toasts the flower so perfectly.
@kelper - i have hit that same combination a friend of mine has both, its perfect. i am going to be contacting my local blower to see what he can work out. will be posting pics of my adventures.
same guy ^ was the selling point of the product for me so thanks out there guy

Yoshi

Woah
Extremely pleased with my recent m107 SOLO. heat setting #2-5 are my preference, it toasts the flower so perfectly.
@kelper - i have hit that same combination a friend of mine has both, its perfect. i am going to be contacting my local blower to see what he can work out. will be posting pics of my adventures.
same guy ^ was the selling point of the product for me so thanks out there guy

I'd love to see the outcome of the glassblower's work. Hope it comes out really well made and fits right!

Yoshi,

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
After a much needed visit to the garden with my Solo it occurs to me to bring up a couple of what I think are fun artifacts of the unit.
TIA
OF

I have noticed similar things happening on my M1A3 that did not occur on the M107 I used to have, so I think your deduction that this has to do with the software might be correct.
However, I didn't have the feeling that it hampers the use of the Solo in anyway, does it?

But still, it is weird and a bit confusing.

Red Indy,
Reactions: P666R

OF

However, I didn't have the feeling that it hampers the use of the Solo in anyway, does it?

But still, it is weird and a bit confusing.

No, the rules of physics seem to say what it shows can't really happen. It has to be a false indication of temperature since we know it can't change that fast. No doubt about it, it works no matter what the display says.

Yeah, I think it's kinda fun.

Thanks for the information.

OF

No, the rules of physics seem to say what it shows can't really happen. It has to be a false indication of temperature since we know it can't change that fast. No doubt about it, it works no matter what the display says.

Thanks for the information.

OF
Mine seems to misread temp if I heat initially with GonG in place (could be the same for any insert) rather than with oven covered by stopper. I need to test more to see if that hypothesis is true.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
OF

What I like about the SOLO is the different levels of TEMPERATURE depending on your needs.

I found this chart to be interesting concerning Temperature and Effects:
Vaporizing Effects by Temperature
C° F° Effects
140 284 2 x Anti-inflammatory[1]
150 302
160 320 Euphoriant[2], 2 x analgesic[3], 3 x anti-inflammatory[1], antiemetic[4], anxiolytic[5], antipsychotic[6], bronchodilator[7]
170 338 Anxiolytic[5], 2 x analgesic[3], antipsychotic[6], 2 x anti-inflammatory[1]
180 356 Antiemetic[4], antidepressant[8], 2 x anti-inflammatory[1], anxiolytic[5]
185 365 Sedative[9]
190 374 2 x sedative[9], antidepressant[8], anxiolytic[5]
200 392
210 410
220 428 Anti-inflammatory[1], analgesic[3], euphoriant[2], sedative[9]
225 437 Sedative[9]
230 446 Sedative[9]
  1. 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 [1] Anti-inflammatory refers to the property of a substance or treatment that reduces inflammation. Anti-inflammatory drugs make up about half of analgesics, remedying pain by reducing inflammation as opposed to opioids which affect the central nervous system. Read the full article at Wikipedia.
  2. 2.0 2.1 [2] A euphoriant (or euphorigenic) is a type of psychoactive drug which tends to induce feelings of euphoria, the effects of which may include relaxation, anxiolysis, stress relief, mood lift, pleasure, and a rush although these effects are not necessary for a drug to be a euphoriant. Read the full article at Wikipedia.
  3. 3.0 3.1 3.2 [3] An analgesic (also known as a painkiller) is any member of the group of drugs used to relieve pain (achieve analgesia).Read the full article at Wikipedia.
  4. 4.0 4.1 [4] An antiemetic is a drug that is effective against vomiting and nausea. Antiemetics are typically used to treat motion sickness and the side effects of opioid analgesics, general anaesthetics and chemotherapy directed against cancer. Read the full article at Wikipedia.
  5. 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 [5] An anxiolytic (also antipanic or antianxiety agent) is a drug used for the treatment of symptoms of anxiety. Anxiolytics have been shown to be useful in the treatment of anxiety disorders. Read the full article at Wikipedia.
  6. 6.0 6.1 [6] An antipsychotic (or neuroleptic) is a tranquilizing psychiatric medication primarily used to manage psychosis (including delusions or hallucinations, as well as disordered thought), particularly in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Read the full article at Wikipedia.
  7. [7] A bronchodilator is a substance that dilates the bronchi and bronchioles, decreasing airway resistance and thereby facilitating airflow. Read the full article at Wikipedia.
  8. 8.0 8.1 [8] An antidepressant is a psychiatric medication used to alleviate mood disorders, such as major depression and dysthymia and anxiety disorders such as social anxiety disorder. Read the full article at Wikipedia.
  9. 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 [9] A sedative (variant names, tranquilizer or tranq) is a substance that induces sedation by reducing irritability or excitement. Read the full article at Wikipedia, but caution: this article is poorly done.

Dreamerr

Well I gave in and bought the charging base for the solo since I couldn’t really see myself making one. Here is the ebay listing in case you didn’t see the post about it originally. http://www.ebay.com/itm/251237869695?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 I really like this base and for me it was worth the money.

The base is light which I thought would be an issue but once you put the solo in it the weight holds it just right. It makes charging a breeze and the extra cord helps not pull on the short cord that we got with the solo. It also helps put it better on the dresser or where ever you are charging it. Once you know the orientation for the plug it is easy to put the solo in with one hand. I can’t get it out with one hand but I think most can.

I got the cheapest model and the finish looks good. He does make different finishes for different prices. I got the green because I had to go by the pictures. I felt the green looked the smoothest but I don’t know if that is true in reality. I don’t even like green but I didn’t want to see the lines as stripes which is what it appeared in the pictures especially on the black. Again I don’t know if that is what it looks like in person. 3D printing is a cool new invention and I am sure we will be seeing a lot of new neat products eventually.

I would recommend this product for those who get annoyed like I do lying the solo down to charge it. This is not recommended for use with the PA because it isn’t very comfortable to hold and is a bit wobbly when holding. The guy who makes them is working on a different one for the PA. I am definitely in for that one when is is produced.

Jeff-K

^^Funny that's why I was doubting to buy the Solo, because the lowest temp is 185°C/365°F.

Jeff-K,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Nice charger base, Dreamerr...
I like laying my Solo down to charge it.
This is due to memory issues.
Standing up = charged and ready to go. (upon visual glance into room where Solo lives)
Laying down = charging
For those that do not like charging laying down as I do this thing looks good!

Dreamerr

Here are my own pics that I forgot duh what a surprise not..
GkiFTc8.jpg

T9gS8nR.jpg

xSirxSu.jpg

poonman

Here are my own pics that I forgot duh what a surprise not..
GkiFTc8.jpg

T9gS8nR.jpg

xSirxSu.jpg

Nice color Dreamerr ,
They say bright colors can alter one's mood in a positive way .

As for me ,
I do use it with the PA for an hour every morning before work .
I find the extra cord length with it , gives me enough to sit it on places while
I go about my business ....shaving/brushing teeth , making coffee/breakfast ....
Now I find , I'm just so use to having the Solo standing/cooking vertically .

It's a neat little gadget , I recommend it .

Monsoon

As long as it will actually do two Amps at 12 Volts you should be good. Actually you only need a little less than one Amp if yours' is like mine.

You can claim first to find it if you want. When I first got mine I tried my home made battery pack (3 18650s) I made for the PD originally and use to power the MFLB PA outside. It worked great once I got it's plug adapted over. But I don't think that counts......

It might even be worth a try at 9 Volts for 'PA mode'. Mine starts out a little above 2 Amps (just under 2.5), which that supply should deal with (?), before it rapidly dropped to under 2 Amps. It's certainly a reasonable thing for a consumer to try, the unit should 'gracefully' deal with it you'd think?

Fun little unit, a bit pricey perhaps, but fun.

OF

Thanks. Looks like it should be okay for charging but in PA mode 2A is likely not enough from what I've read. Doesn't really matter though since charging it between seshes should keep it from running low.

Monsoon,

Dreamerr

It is just a base with an piece of extra cord. It doesn't come with a PA or a the charger cord. You can use it with either. I just find it uncomfortable to use with the PA cause of the shape. The guy is changing the design for that purpose. I also don't want to have to switch the cords back and forth when I need to charge.

There is no power issues at all since it has none.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom