Arizer Solo

OF

Thanks. Looks like it should be okay for charging but in PA mode 2A is likely not enough from what I've read. Doesn't really matter though since charging it between seshes should keep it from running low.

Not enough? I've actually measured mine as I said, I'm fairly sure that number is right. What is it you've read that makes you so sure I'm wrong?

TIA

OF

OF,

GPR360

IMG_20130331_145802.jpg
I

is this dome screen the right size/orientation?

Also, are there any tips for loading the stem quicker? I still fumble around with the pinch and stuff method a bit, compared to doing the same thing on an MFLB.

GPR360,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Good orientation for an SSV wand... the dome is the thing
It will work here too but reduces the size of load.
I like my Solo screens dead flat~

Vitolo,
Reactions: ataxian

poonman

IMG_20130331_145802.jpg
I

Also, are there any tips for loading the stem quicker? I still fumble around with the pinch and stuff method a bit, compared to doing the same thing on an MFLB.

Since you already have a screen in ,
Just inhale , suck up the herb like a straw .

I put my screen in the other way , concave ...or is it convex...?
yes , so it can hold more .

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Thanks. Looks like it should be okay for charging but in PA mode 2A is likely not enough from what I've read. Doesn't really matter though since charging it between seshes should keep it from running low.

If it was my post you read about needing upwards of 4 amps; I was giving bad information. Sorry. OF is right, it's 2A.

CentiZen,
Reactions: OF

poonman

Hey Soloists ,
I'm experiencing this problem with my Solo .
It doesn't seem to get as hot as it used to .
I never was able to vape on level 7 , too harsh .
But now I can and want to , plus holding it , I can tell it doesn't get as hot as it used to .
Even after an hour's usage .

It's still under warranty , but I've heard of owners going on 3 years with no problems .
Now I know why some of you have 2 Solos .

Is there a reset procedure for this problem ?

poonman,

OF

Good orientation for an SSV wand... the dome is the thing
It will work here too but reduces the size of load.
I like my Solo screens dead flat~

I think, once again, 'the Sage of the High Desert' has hit it out of the park. Right idea, but the screen seems a little large; it's taking a lot of the bowl volume away. I use a 5/8 screen and smash the dome top flat so it's closer to 1/4 the height of the bowl, not half. I used half inch laying flat before (what I think Vito is doing) but found only a fraction of the screen 'worked' (the rest being blocked by the glass). This made it restrict the airflow too much for my taste and made if foul too quickly (you could see the four spots on the screen when you took it out).

My advice is you're young, try 'em all and see what 'fits your pistol' best?

Even when it's really wrong it can still be pretty good.

OF

Monsoon

If it was my post you read about needing upwards of 4 amps; I was giving bad information. Sorry. OF is right, it's 2A.
It may have been, good to know. Looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on both this week so I've report back to let you guys know how it works. Having a portable unit that can both charge and power the Solo would be awesome if it works.

Monsoon,

Yoshi

Woah
My 5th LED might not be connected right somewhere, it periodically starts flashing as if it's going out.:bang:

Edit:
I

Mine looks like this, and the lip is there so I can grab it with a paper clip or mechanical pencil:

aeec448d-5365-4771-99a2-3b78eb5f0cba_zpsf13c4a2e.jpg

IMG_20130401_242252_774_zps4ec09448.jpg

Yoshi,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey Soloists ,
I'm experiencing this problem with my Solo .
It doesn't seem to get as hot as it used to .
I never was able to vape on level 7 , too harsh .
But now I can and want to , plus holding it , I can tell it doesn't get as hot as it used to .
Even after an hour's usage .

It's still under warranty , but I've heard of owners going on 3 years with no problems .
Now I know why some of you have 2 Solos .

Is there a reset procedure for this problem ?
I switched to some fresh batteries in one of my SOLO's.
Its now the stronger more powerful of the two I have,
I put my tester on the old batteries and found one of the two batteries had a bad cell.
Now I have two units as my daily drivers.

In the future I'll just buy another one.
They are really cheap now

The DIY method cost about $26 dollars and about 1 hour of your time.
gutofsolo_zpsb9af56ff.jpg

theshorelinemarket_2255_3147018073

$21.95 pre-shipping
http://www.batteryjunction.com/tenergy-18650-2200-pk.html
Or you can always just get a PA.

ataxian,

bluemonkey

4013221f-c65c-4749-a4ed-abe9c2497e3e.jpg

The shorty's from planet vape are 30% smaller(middle), and are perfect,
i know they are hard to get hold of but i would say well worth it

bluemonkey,

Monsoon

FYI, the 14mm no-carb regular GonG adapters are in stock at PV. Didn't see them in stock before and I managed to snag two with my Solo order. I was hoping for the pvhes but I'll just try the screen/paperclip trick in the meantime.

Monsoon,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
FYI, the 14mm no-carb regular GonG adapters are in stock at PV. Didn't see them in stock before and I managed to snag two with my Solo order. I was hoping for the pvhes but I'll just try the screen/paperclip trick in the meantime.
With the 14mm I would need a 18mm to 14mm reducer to connect to my BUBBLER.
At least I was able to get a 18mm no-carb Gong Adapter:
IMG_02951_zps76504180.jpg

IMG_02881_zps19c79b9d.jpg

solo-ash-catcher_zps5b0f95d9.jpg

ataxian,
Reactions: P666R

John Lewus

Has anyone tried the chocolate milk trick for cleaning Eds stems? I quit using mine after a month because it stinks from the buildup and I scraping was not that effective. I can see how iso would ruin the wood finish but what about hot milk?

John Lewus,

mlo4sho

In for one of the Shorty PHVES Stems. I only fill the stock bowl about half way so I figured this would be perfect. I already LOVE my Solo so if these stems are an improvement I'm in for a treat.

mlo4sho,
Reactions: P666R

OF

Has anyone tried the chocolate milk trick for cleaning Eds stems? I quit using mine after a month because it stinks from the buildup and I scraping was not that effective. I can see how iso would ruin the wood finish but what about hot milk?

Don't do it. Saturating the wood with water is asking for trouble with cracks and such, saturating it with a food product you can't wash clean is sucking around for bacteria and stuff that's not even nice to think about.

My advice is to clean it mechanically only. Be a shame to wreck one of those lovely stems.

OF

John Lewus

Having milk spoil in the wood was my big concern. It's just a thought. The reclaim must be built up nicely by now but I don't know how to effectively get it.

John Lewus,

Curiousone

Don't do it. Saturating the wood with water is asking for trouble with cracks and such, saturating it with a food product you can't wash clean is sucking around for bacteria and stuff that's not even nice to think about.

My advice is to clean it mechanically only. Be a shame to wreck one of those lovely stems.

OF

I bought an Ed's stem off an FC member last week...so I plan to clean on arrival. I remember in the Ed's TNT thread that he mentioned the metal sleeve on the inside can be pushed out. You can then soak the metal tube. Did you do that? Seems like that would solve the problem...or am I just ignorant in this assumption? Mine hasn't arrived yet...

Curiousone,
I just aquired on of the 14mm GonG pvHES from a friend. fairly excited to use it. A note before buying, don't think just buy. The stems from what i have seen tried and heard are absolutely ideal for using your SOLO with Glass
So true - Solo rocks paired with the Pinnacle HT. Have a non-PVHE GonG, but just received a PVHE turbo - will be testing to see if I can tell much of a difference.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
ataxian why is your solo in pieces? I thought if you take off the four screws at the bottom it just slips out leaving you with a tube/can and the other piece the circuit board. Now I am more confused the usual.

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom