Arizer Solo

bopper

I have been trying to order the PVHGonG Turbo and Short Stem for over a year now with no luck.
That why I just have the Stock Straight Tubes.

We're just following the general sentiment that the PVHEGonG works better than the standard GonG, but have no experience of either one. In researching the subject on FC, it was noted that some folks with access to both preferred the standard. We plan to get one when the no carb version becomes available again and perhaps a non turbo PVHE version as well.

The continued supply problems PV has with their solo GonGs and stems would seem to afford an opportunity for some enterprising glass worker to provide alternative optimized versions. :cool:

bopper,

hoptimum

Its just seems faster and easier to go in the other room and rip my beaker acoupl times and spray some ozium

Vaporizing takes more time than smoking. When you smoke, you combust everything at once, including some chemicals that may not be good for you. The actives in cannabis are released at different temperatures, so one of the advantages to vaporizing is to start at a low temp to release the thc-9 then work your way up to releasing CBNs and CBDs, etc. at higher temps. you can approximate smoking using a vaporizer by cranking the temperature as close to combustion as you dare to go. But that sort of defeats the purpose. Long story short, vaporizing and smoking are different.

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
Have some faith vapeNstone...maybe she will come around. I loved the quickness of taking a hit off a joint. It was also way better for my spasms and I still won't go back.

Not to get too off topic, and I hope you don't mind me asking, but how are your spasms different with vaping v. smoking? I'm using for medical purposes as well (thought not spasms), and am curious about the different effects.

Its just seems faster and easier to go in the other room and rip my beaker acoupl times and spray some ozium

If you're looking for quick and easy, maybe look at the MFLB? It's no Solo, but it's perfect for quick hits.

sam reynolds,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Sam, vaping is very different and with effects as well. There is a thread I believe in the vapor lounge. I suppose some of the stuff that is no good for us worked on the spasms way better and faster almost instant. vaping is not instant to say the least and you do have to warm up your vape as well. For whatever reason it reduces my spasms but doesn't take them away as smoking did. It does great on most of my other issues. I was very upset about the spasms for various reasons but even given that I couldn't go back to smoking. I even tried one day when the spasms where bad and hurt a lot cause they don't always hurt it depends on the kind and where and if it is effected the rest of my body. I hope that answers your question.

P666R

just ordered a SOLO. really excited to use it with some glass.
was told its a heavy hitter and i will love it. thanks everyone for this thread <3

Yoshi

Woah
You won't regret your buy! I always use mine through water and it's an awesome vape.

I'm really scared to try it with water until I get a GonG adapter from PV or somewhere else or get some sort of rubber grommet. I put in my stem in and it chipped the stem! Bong downstem is fine, and I'm still using this stem (sanded it), but I'm not making that mistake again! :nod:

Yoshi,

exhaleclouds

floatin' with the clouds
I'm really scared to try it with water until I get a GonG adapter from PV or somewhere else or get some sort of rubber grommet. I put in my stem in and it chipped the stem! Bong downstem is fine, and I'm still using this stem (sanded it), but I'm not making that mistake again! :nod:

Yeah its super lame how PV runs out of non carbed versions of the gong adapter so quickly. I cant seem to get my hands on one so i never end up buying glass to vaporbong. :[

exhaleclouds,

Yoshi

Woah
Yeah its super lame how PV runs out of non carbed versions of the gong adapter so quickly. I cant seem to get my hands on one so i never end up buying glass to vaporbong. :[

You just have to keep checking! I've been very loosely following the GonG posts on here, and at one point I think it came in stock then went out of stock within the same day.

Me? I just don't have the money, college man :argh:

Yoshi,

exhaleclouds

floatin' with the clouds
^^ Yeah i've used O-rings with my friends piece but just not fond of it. The glass on glass just feels, right :p

exhaleclouds,

Yoshi

Woah
I saw you had a DBV in your sig, so i figured you'd have some lying around ;)

Useful to have vapes up in the sig. :cheers:

Took two fatty hits out of this now:

IMG_20130328_244650_830_zps14dc4e25.jpg

XGerpXDerpX

after day two I got it working good, I barely notice draw restriction. Im suppose to loosely fill whole stem/bowl though right.

XGerpXDerpX,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Sam, vaping is very different and with effects as well. There is a thread I believe in the vapor lounge. I suppose some of the stuff that is no good for us worked on the spasms way better and faster almost instant. vaping is not instant to say the least and you do have to warm up your vape as well. For whatever reason it reduces my spasms but doesn't take them away as smoking did. It does great on most of my other issues. I was very upset about the spasms for various reasons but even given that I couldn't go back to smoking. I even tried one day when the spasms where bad and hurt a lot cause they don't always hurt it depends on the kind and where and if it is effected the rest of my body. I hope that answers your question.
I get stomach spams sometimes.
Smoking (Combustion) works fast however I go into a coughing fit. (I can't handle joints)
Vaporizing keeps me at a even balance for my condition.
I use PURE GOLD for a quick fix when needed.
FLOWERS keep me even.
WAXES for heavy medication.

ataxian,

OF

IMO it's pretty hard to condemn PV for offering a unique product that's too popular with consumers.

If you really want a GonG stem, why not buy the carb version like I did? It's the same price and as I posted here is very easy to plug the really very small hole in. I'm using half a dozen turns of teflon plumbing tape from the hardware store on mine. Works like a champ.

OF

What happened to helping out newbies? Instead of trying to guide her into vapourizing you're telling her she shouldn't. That's not one of the things we want FC to be known for. :disgust:
Oh I know. But some people just can't be helped. I have this thread and this person is exact what I'm explaining.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/friends-that-hate-vapes-vapor.4216/

thats funny cause i pack mine tight all the time...maybe another secret to the goodness :)
I pack mine too, but I use a PVHES stem so that could be why.

VapeNStone,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Curiousone

^^I thought the guy was just cracking a joke on the use of "meds". It is weird (not in a bad way) to non-med members who don't live in those particular states...The entire dispensary experience seems unreal, imo.

Anyway, about a couple months now of owning the Solo. F*cked combustion on arrival, no looking back. Holding up well. THough I am seeing paint rubbing off along the edges of the unit (top and bottom), but no functional problems at all. Consumption is lower than half before Solo, yet I feel more "medicated" for longer periods of time. I could def. use a P.A. because I sometimes forget to plug it up after use because it needs to cool first.

Prob getting a Ed's solo stem in a day or so, which will give non-breakable portability. Right now, I wrap the straight stock stem with the bubble wrap it came in to take away from home. Also, it will be interesting to experience better draw resistance in the Ed's stem with this unit. I just don't see how I've lived without this thing for so long...

I do predict a newer portable vape in my future as the bugs get worked out of the XP or something else catches my attention, but I think I bought the best first vape available at the moment. Even with a new replacement for on the go use and with friends, I see the Solo as my goto for solo home use for a while.

Anyone on the fence about this product, go for it!

Curiousone,

b0

Cloudy...
THough I am seeing paint rubbing off along the edges of the unit (top and bottom), but no functional problems at all.

Solo is not painted, is anodized. Unless yours have some problem in the anodization or you have hit it, it's nearly imposible to "rub off" anodizing. The only chance is that you have a real acid sweat, in fact I had that problem with some glasses (now I wear titanium glasses :cool: ) but not with my Solo or other anodized things I have.

b0,
Reactions: OF

toros23

Hi Everyone - I was able to get my PVHES/PVHEGonG recently but I know many others could not. I just started an availability thread so people who need them can subscribe and be alerted by other members who see them in stock. I will keep stalking the PlanetVape site and will be sure to post there if I see anything in stock, hopefully others will to.

Here is a link:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pvhes-pvhegong-availability-thread.9001/

Good luck, hopefully they come back in stock soon.

toros23,
Reactions: b0

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
curiousone brought up something that I had forgotten about....waiting till you charge . Using the PA I see how long the solo takes to cool down...hours. How long should we safely wait till we charge after a full session?

Toros you could have just put it in the PV thread which is what most of us do and I think you did as well.

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom