Arizer Solo

toros23

Hey Dreamerr - I must be losing it, I don't remember posting in a PV thread. I can ask a mod to delete my thread if there is already something in place for this. Just trying to help out those unfortunate souls who still need a gong or stem.

toros23,
curiousone brought up something that I had forgotten about....waiting till you charge . Using the PA I see how long the solo takes to cool down...hours. How long should we safely wait till we charge after a full session?

Toros you could have just put it in the PV thread which is what most of us do and I think you did as well.
I plug mine in directly after without a cool down. The only time it has problems charging is when it's really really cold.

VapeNStone,
Reactions: rcflo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Curious you can leave it but I don't know how much traffic you will get since we all look in the PV thread for updates as sometimes they even come on to tell us. I thought you posted there it doesn't mean you did. Someone did yesterday I believe that was saying they were in stock and gone the day before I believe. If you make a big order from PV like I did you can just email them and say you want all in one order to save shipping and that all the stuff is never in stock together. They through my stuff in a box over months and when all was in there I got my order.

Dreamerr,

toros23

Dreamerr - Thanks for the tips on PV. I screwed up and ended up with separate shipments. I am so late to the party on the Solo that it is hard to get caught up on the entire thread to get all the great tips.

toros23,

Curiousone

Solo is not painted, is anodized. Unless yours have some problem in the anodization or you have hit it, it's nearly imposible to "rub off" anodizing. The only chance is that you have a real acid sweat, in fact I had that problem with some glasses (now I wear titanium glasses :cool: ) but not with my Solo or other anodized things I have.
Umm, whatever it is, it is "rubbing or scratching" off the surface on the top edge (not the bottom as I incorrectly stated earlier). I see bare metal in spots along the top edge and on the upsidedown "U" shape surrounding the temp gauge/controls. I take the solo around with me with no protection (in a booksack mostly), so I get why its happening and I have no problems with it. Basically, just stating if that would be an issue for someone, protect it. (Obvious, but just saying).

Curiousone,
Reactions: OF

HSIHP

So I wasn't sure whether to put this in an "edibles" thread or not but since it stems from the love of the Solo (get it, stems!) I figured this was the place. I made my first batch of Solo Stem Hot Chocolate tonight and I on the road to having a wonderful evening. I've had my solo for about 5 months and my straight stock stem was looking pretty golden. Rather than washing it I just let it sit in a pan of warm milk for about 15 mins. and made some homemade hot chocolate.

We'll see how it goes!:D I made it at 7 and just about finished drinking it (far too much milk, noob mistake). Does anyone else have any good experiences with doing this?

hoptimum

So I wasn't sure whether to put this in an "edibles" thread or not but since it stems from the love of the Solo (get it, stems!) I figured this was the place. I made my first batch of Solo Stem Hot Chocolate tonight and I on the road to having a wonderful evening. I've had my solo for about 5 months and my straight stock stem was looking pretty golden. Rather than washing it I just let it sit in a pan of warm milk for about 15 mins. and made some homemade hot chocolate.

We'll see how it goes!:D I made it at 7 and just about finished drinking it (far too much milk, noob mistake). Does anyone else have any good experiences with doing this?

Yep, I've done it. Gets your stem nice and clean and you nice and baked. It lasted for quite a while for me once it kicked in.

hoptimum,

poonman

I get stomach spams sometimes.
Smoking (Combustion) works fast however I go into a coughing fit. (I can't handle joints)
Vaporizing keeps me at a even balance for my condition.
I use PURE GOLD for a quick fix when needed.
FLOWERS keep me even.
WAXES for heavy medication.

I'm surprise you don't combust thru water gear ataxian .
You seem to be such a big fan of water tools .:rockon:

As for the PVGong adapters ;
I find it incomprehensible why PV or any other vendors don't have extra inventory on hand .
We are talking about " Glass " not Uranium .....

poonman,
Reactions: JLG

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm surprise you don't combust thru water gear ataxian .
You seem to be such a big fan of water tools .:rockon:

As for the PVGong adapters ;
I find it incomprehensible why PV or any other vendors don't have extra inventory on hand .
We are talking about " Glass " not Uranium .....
Pooman I'm just a stoked NEWBIE to all this.
The Water Path is so cool!
I'm hooked!
I vape my SOLO's on 4 and it works great without com-busting.
My SOLO"S and my other devices all pass through water.

I hear you on the inventory issues Planet Vape seems to have repeatedly?

I have try for a year to get the PHVES Stem with no luck so I just stay with the stock straight ones for now.
I just broke another one so it looks like my back up is my ED'S wood stem.
At least it doesn't break when I drop it!

ataxian,
Reactions: poonman

Dreamerr

How did you break it wasn't it in the container thing? I do like that container a lot.

Dreamerr,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
How did you break it wasn't it in the container thing? I do like that container a lot.
I keep them in the travel tubes and they stay protected. (Generally)
My gear was in a disarray so I was organizing when I broke my stem and it as been a while so I guess it was due to happen sooner or later?
medical-devices_zpscdbe92b0.jpg

I have 4 tool drawers full of stuff.
This is only one of them.
I love medicating!
Keeps me balanced!

hoptimum

My gear was in a disarray so I was organizing when I broke my stem and it as been a while so I guess it was due to happen sooner or later?

I love medicating!
Keeps me balanced!

Cool drawer, Ataxian, I'm curious what the others look like.

hoptimum,
Reactions: poonman

Dreamerr

The funny thing is you only want the solo but have a trillion whatever those other things are...ecigs, oil pens ect. I guess you haven't found something in those realms that has been perfect for you yet. I know it is fun trying though. Eye spy a cute flash light, some really cheap lighters and some cute ones, and one of those ebay electric grinders and three others as well. Boy you keep your stuff neat. My stuff is on my dresser, some stuff on a small tray on the bed, more in my DV tin and a plastic shoebox. SSV in it's case in the closet for now it was getting on my nerves.

I heard his house is a mess:rofl:

Dreamerr,
Reactions: hoptimum

Dreamerr

I can't wait to see the pics, then can you drive a few hours to my house and organize it? I have been paying someone to do it for a year and it still isn't to my liking. Try ocd without being able to feed it ugh.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: ataxian

Tweek

I love medicating!
Keeps me balanced!

So organized! My shits all over the floor....

Tweek,

GPR360

How much do people load in a stem?

I put a dome screen inside like the ones I see posted in here, but it seems like that only leaves room for a small pinch, which comes out to about five or six pulls.

Did I put the Screen in wrong? It's convex to the opening and concave to the mouth piece.

GPR360,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The funny thing is you only want the solo but have a trillion whatever those other things are...ecigs, oil pens ect. I guess you haven't found something in those realms that has been perfect for you yet. I know it is fun trying though. Eye spy a cute flash light, some really cheap lighters and some cute ones, and one of those ebay electric grinders and three others as well. Boy you keep your stuff neat. My stuff is on my dresser, some stuff on a small tray on the bed, more in my DV tin and a plastic shoebox. SSV in it's case in the closet for now it was getting on my nerves.

I heard his house is a mess:rofl:
The SOLO's I love and their so easy to use.
The Ecigs were cheap and for PURE GOLD their fine.
The PERSEI's are very powerful and I love all their GIZMO Attachments they come with.
The BENDER in the RED pouch is for pure flavor enjoyment.
I only have one plug in VAPOLUTION all glass path.
Very sweet however I only use it once a week.
I want to get a SILVER SURFER Next. (Wish List)
I do FLOWERS and WAX for my medication.
PURE GOLD helps keep my THC Levels at a correct level!
I have some really cheap lighters however I use the $21.00 Torch on the right the most.

So organized! My shits all over the floor....
I have to keep stealth so my stuff is hidden in my tool box out in the garage!

I can't wait to see the pics, then can you drive a few hours to my house and organize it? I have been paying someone to do it for a year and it still isn't to my liking. Try ocd without being able to feed it ugh.

For me I need to know where everything is so I can get it done quickly and effectively!

Mod note: When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts. Last three posts merged.

ataxian,

Dreamerr

Oh I so agree if someone moves my stuff I throw a huge fit and being disabled has made this much much worse cause I want stuff in reach among other things.

Now to the stem question for GPR...Some of us do it that way cause it cooks more evenly and some want the smaller load. I personally don't dome it huge cause I want a bigger load but use flat sometimes as well. You can go beyond the six hits if you don't mind the taste but you should be able to still get vapor. I can run a stem twice on three and get vapor so that is two full timed sessions whatever this vape is I think ten mins each.

Dreamerr,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
How much do people load in a stem?

I put a dome screen inside like the ones I see posted in here, but it seems like that only leaves room for a small pinch, which comes out to about five or six pulls.

Did I put the Screen in wrong? It's convex to the opening and concave to the mouth piece.
Your screen might be a bit too big.
The highest point of the dome should be within like 1mm of the lowest part of the screen.

It sounds to me like you are using something closer to the "über screens" that were talked about a while back.
They reduce the depth of the bowl to 1-2mm, allowing for tiny packs.

You should be able to get around 0.1g in there without stuffing it in (when using a normal screen. With an uber screen setup, I used to use approx 0.03-0.05g).

Can you post a pic of your stem with the screen in?
That'd help quite a bit in determining if you've got the right screen :)

OF

Will a flat screen work just as well?

I didn't find that. Flat screens fouled faster and restricted airflow more even when clean. A slight 'dome' let's the full screen be active, not the fraction that covers the holes (blocking part of them).

While 1/2 screens fit fine flat, a 5/8 inch one slightly domed is MUCH better.

OF

Monsoon

I'm considering the Solo as a portable vape option to use with a bubbler/bong when I'm outside all day and want the option to charge it on the go (don't have a car). Would an external battery charger like this work? It can charge at 12v/2A and then I should just need the right connector, right? I can't be the first one who's thought of it though I didn't find anything when searching the thread.

Monsoon,
Reactions: OF

OF

Would an external battery charger like this work? It can charge at 12v/2A and then I should just need the right connector, right? I can't be the first one who's thought of it though I didn't find anything when searching the thread.

As long as it will actually do two Amps at 12 Volts you should be good. Actually you only need a little less than one Amp if yours' is like mine.

You can claim first to find it if you want. When I first got mine I tried my home made battery pack (3 18650s) I made for the PD originally and use to power the MFLB PA outside. It worked great once I got it's plug adapted over. But I don't think that counts......

It might even be worth a try at 9 Volts for 'PA mode'. Mine starts out a little above 2 Amps (just under 2.5), which that supply should deal with (?), before it rapidly dropped to under 2 Amps. It's certainly a reasonable thing for a consumer to try, the unit should 'gracefully' deal with it you'd think?

Fun little unit, a bit pricey perhaps, but fun.

OF

OF,

poonman

I love medicating!
Keeps me balanced!

Soooooooooo Jealous of your Persei collection .

I'm still deciding on whether to get the Omicron light or the Persei .
I only do flowers and budda/wax , no access to oils , at least not on a regular basis .
I get the " sports car and Ferrari " analogy ....
But as an " experienced driver " of over 30 some odd years .
I would just have to adjust/accustom myself to the new speed and handling of the vehicle .
I think ....

I will PM you later for you opinions on what to get later , so not to derail
this fantastic Solo thread .

poonman,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom