Arizer Solo

Lefthook

VapoMiner
NIce video as always vitolo.
Received my PVHES 2x straight and all I can say is "WOW"
The bowl seem to last longer .

Does any one use a finner steel mesh then the PV ones , just wondering if the finer mesh would hinder airflow ?

Lefthook,

u bwade wunner

thanks Vitolo for the Video.Just awesome to see you enjoy youre solo out on the front porch.made my day Man! that coco stem of yours is a real cracker

Jcat its nice to read about youre expectations and excitement Re Eds stems.This ones for you. Welcome to FC.enjoy youre stay.May it be a happy one:)

It had been a busy day at work so i was relieved to get home and find Eds Package had arrived in my postbox.

Eds stems, dreamy cocobolo and Irish bog oak.

you will notice white grains running through the bog oak piece.Its just wax that hasn t sunk in yet.I use a little organic wax on my wood pieces the first few weeks i recieve them.they respond very well to a little bit of TLC.It helps to make the grains Pop in the wood and allows the wood to relax.

20120614153344.jpg

the bog oak has the heavier grain of the two and is a beauty and so tactile, your fingers follow the grain as you hold it between hits.In contrast the Cocobolo is glasslike and smooth as a billiard ball, although,looking at the piece it doesn t appear so, which is the beauty of Cocobolo.It finishes so smooth,Both are beautiful and look really striking in my black solo.The pictures don t do them justice imoa.

20120614153509.jpg

So I have had a session with the bogoak stem and all i can say is Wow.Im very attached to it already:D .It tones down the hi tech look and feel of the solo and replaces it with a natural but refined look and feel.

In use the restriction I used to experience with solo stems isnt there with this stem.the vapor whistles lightly through the screen turbolike on inhale and the flavour is mmmm mmmm.I started on 2 on my m103 and had a 12m session there and stayed there,did nt move it.It was perfect:)

Ed encountered lots of teething problems developing these stems, which is documented on his thread here on FC.He makes it his business to deliver a top quality product.I have a few of his pieces now but I think he surpassed himself here.this stem is a joy to use and in looks and feel takes the solo to another level.The steel bowl is solid,quite thin and featherlight,Its tapered slightly at the end to help insertion and it fits tight.the wood stem part is bored out fully to help airflow.the screen has a circlip to hold the screen in.Does it need it? i dont think so.The bog oak just oozes character.the wood is 1000-3000 years old and was dragged from a lakebed in a peatbog in Ireland.I wonder what was going on 3000 years ago when this wood lived?...Oh well that was the past...now it lives again. Vape On:science:

Thank you ED.I'm glad i did :tup:

Ed can be found here

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow what a great way to start my day! A really nice video from Vito and a great review from Ubwade makes all my hard work worth the effort. Thank you so much guys, I appreciate you all here at FC. You all are very helpful and considerate of my work. I do hope you all enjoy these pieces.

Jcat, you will ship first thing Monday!

natural farmer

I thought the screens I have were a little to fine a mesh, was thinking that I could increase airflow more with a wider mesh. Thanks for the saying that. Have gotten with Randy at Puffitup and he is supposed to have some screens that have the wider mesh and should be sending me some soon. Whats you guys thoughts on the wider mesh screens over the fine mesh?

I recently got some of Randy's screens but the mesh is so open that my mouth gets lots of bits and pieces. I haven't tried yours yet but I hope they are much much finer. I am using a screen from Apple's headphones for now and the mesh seems to be hammered and you can barely see through. I haven't noticed any difference in airflow compared to Randy's wide open screens.... So go with the finer you can get IMO. I was also looking for that titanium screens at ALT which look super dense but no half inchers...

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I recently got some of Randy's screens but the mesh is so open that my mouth gets lots of bits and pieces. I haven't tried yours yet but I hope they are much much finer. I am using a screen from Apple's headphones for now and the mesh seems to be hammered and you can barely see through. I haven't noticed any difference in airflow compared to Randy's wide open screens.... So go with the finer you can get IMO. I was also looking for that titanium screens at ALT which look super dense but no half inchers...

Mine are finer than his, thought the wider would be better but trash in the mouth aint cool!

Ed's TnT,
Reactions: ili

Adobewan

About my Solo.... PlanetVapes glass stems... and Ed's TNT Solo Stems.....

I sure took my time in thinking about this one… and exactly what to write.
This is kind of a double header, because I have two entities to address here.
I never cared for the Solo...

Wow V, I had no idea you weren't a Solo fan. Had I not read your post this AM and heard you weren't into the Solo, we would have talked. Sessnet(cheers bro!) did his due diligence getting you on board. It is just not right to have the Sage of Vaporization not enjoying a Solo.

And here you go, from a non-fan, to offering sagely wisdom, about a piece I wasn't aware of, that will make my enjoyment of the Solo greater. You're the best bro!

I think all manufacturers should take note of how Ed's stems are about to get the "Vitola Bump" and should consider gifting V their new vaporizers as they produce them, because nobody breaks it down, gives you the skinny, and (if it's a good vape) makes you want to purchase it, like Vito does!

Now how about a link to Ed's stems...

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner

Great to know, Ed screens are awesome ... I need more!

natural farmer

Ed's does use the very finest of the grades I have seen for the Solo
Here you see PV's Original, and their fine screen... with an Ed's TNT set to the extreme right
screens.jpg

PV sent me the left ones with my order... :( I wish I knew they had the finer ones too (middle)... I 'll have to wait until I get my Bog Oak from Ed! :D

natural farmer,
has anyone experienced the solo not wanting to charge right away? i just got mine and i let the battery die and i didnt charge it for a few days and when i went to plug it in it took forever for the lights to come on? just wondering if that normal or if i should return it and get a new one?

Ronald Shepard,

al bundy

Vaporist
shouldn't let the battery die all the way.
the same thing happens to my iphone ,
if i let it get to zero it takes a few minutes to turn on after i plug the charger in.

al bundy,
Reactions: Vitolo

Adobewan

@Ed
Thanks.
I just hit the "Buy Now" button on one of those beautiful Cocobolos. Hard to choose between it's beauty and the color match the Bog Oak has to my black Solo, but the Colo beauty won out. It would look awesome on my UD as well.
Let me again remind you, this purchase, and new relationship, is a direct result of V spreading the love.
"Manufacturers can I get an Amen?"

Adobewan,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@Ed
Thanks.
I just hit the "Buy Now" button on one of those beautiful Cocobolos. Hard to choose between it's beauty and the color match the Bog Oak has to my black Solo, but the Colo beauty won out. It would look awesome on my UD as well.
Let me again remind you, this purchase, and new relationship, is a direct result of V spreading the love.
"Manufacturers can I get an Amen?"

Amen my brother Amen! Vito is the man, I tell him that all the time and how much I appreciate him. I know he has heard it from me enough through out the past, he has been a big part of my wood for a while. Glad you got in on these, been spinning these for a couple days now. Picked up my third store the other day and just spun a couple really sweet Coco and BO as well as a bunch of Granadillo. Even have a couple of one of a kind pieces also, have a two tone Amboyna Stem and really nice African Blackwood which finishes like the Coco and is a super match for the Solo. Not as much of a story as the BogOak but is damn sure a top shelf kinda piece. I made a short 3" stem and even tried making a Solo Dugout for the shorty. I learned that I am gonna have to buy some more tooling to make that happen and figure those would be great for shorty's. Will be hard at it all day tomorrow making Solo Stems, gonna finish off turning and installing the rest of the SS I have. Gotta get back on dugouts while I have a chance. Not sure you all know how many products I have and how much work goes into it all. Gotta give Mrs. Ed a hand for the couple extra she gives me!

Ed's TnT,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Wow what a great way to start my day! A really nice video from Vito and a great review from Ubwade makes all my hard work worth the effort. Thank you so much guys, I appreciate you all here at FC. You all are very helpful and considerate of my work. I do hope you all enjoy these pieces.

Jcat, you will ship first thing Monday!

Hi Ed,

Not sure what the shipping options are, but depending what the price differences are, I'd be willing to pay a little extra to get them here quicker too! (I hate waiting :), and being in a pretty remote location in Northern Ontario, shipping things here can take a while, heck it takes 2 days minimum to Purolate, UPS, or Express Post something here even from Toronto! :))

Shipping out Monday is fine by the way, not too concerned about the 1 business day, more about the days to weeks it might take to get here over the border (and I really would like to have them well in advance of my trip out East at the end of the month ... leaving in just over 2 weeks!)

Oh yeah ... just another side note ... I was wondering if you might consider selling "kits" as well for building these stems ... ie. hardware and instructions ... you might find you get some interest from those of us out there that tinker with woodworking.

Thanks!

JCat,

hookedonvape

Question for the PV rep. Love the new stems.btw. I recived a damaged shortie which you took care of. But after 3 uses of my normal hes I developed a hairline crack that you can actually hear breaking the glass when inserted. I brought te fact that it was a really tight fit for my solos top which he said was normal. After talking to the same rep today he made it seem like I needed to order another. Which i know are out of stock now. But after purchasing two bad stems out of all the good ones i didnt think i should have to order anothet. I will be happy to if thats the case, as they make the solo a whole different machine. Ty Vaped

hookedonvape,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
ru_frothi,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Go back and read my post.
The original stems have a tip that can come off, the newer ones do not, they are attached in place.
When the tip and the wood are both at room temp again, (completely) you will find the tip is in place again well. If you find it too loose, and not to your liking, Ed will fix it for you I am certain!

Vitolo,
Top Bottom