Arizer Solo

u bwade wunner

just my :2c: the issue with popping off the stem for cleaning is the wood will become a very loose fit over time.The more i think about it the more I think the two parts will need to be riveted together.There is so much pressure on these parts from heat.There have been some interesting suggestions already.I say keep it up test all rigorously and lets find a way to help Ed out.There aren t any silly suggestions if they work out.I can t do without my wood stem now:D.

saying all this the hemp mod is holding tight and solid so far:)

VisiblyVaped

Now I'm confused....should I get pvhes or eds grenadillo stem i think its called. can't spend more than 30....

Are there issues now?

VisiblyVaped,

A fish

What size water pipe adapter is right for this piece? Sorry, I couldn't find it specifically stated anywhere.

A fish,

Gandalf

Gah, I couldn't resist and just purchased a Solo from PuffItUp. I've been on a vaporizer kick lately and I had been eyeing the Solo for a while. I love log vapes and I really wanted something similar that I could take outdoors easily for a relaxing session or two, or on a weekend trip. Looking forward to getting it this week!

One question that I'm still not clear about: when you load a bowl and put it in the solo to warm up, don't little pieces of herb fall into the heating chamber? I was initially afraid of this with my PD, but discovered that I could easily pack the herb in with my finger and have nothing fall out at all. But when I tried the same technique with my underdog, the bowl was a good deal larger and little pieces kept falling out. I imagine I'd have a similar problem with the solo? Any workarounds? Is this easier with the PVHES stems?

Gandalf,
Reactions: Vitolo

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
depending on how dry or if you grind, and how fine usually a few small bits will fall down and that can't be helped unless some users find a screen that fits on the end after you pack down your herbs works well. I only pack in nuggets and give them a little squeeze with an flat end of a pen, everything stays in one place for me. again all depends on how you plan to prepare your herbs for vaping

kushcabbage,

VisiblyVaped

Can someone please lay it out in summary pros/cons of
Pvhes vs eds stems
Want both but only afford one.....

VisiblyVaped,

VisiblyVaped

Gah, I couldn't resist and just purchased a Solo from PuffItUp. I've been on a vaporizer kick lately and I had been eyeing the Solo for a while. I love log vapes and I really wanted something similar that I could take outdoors easily for a relaxing session or two, or on a weekend trip. Looking forward to getting it this week!

One question that I'm still not clear about: when you load a bowl and put it in the solo to warm up, don't little pieces of herb fall into the heating chamber? I was initially afraid of this with my PD, but discovered that I could easily pack the herb in with my finger and have nothing fall out at all. But when I tried the same technique with my underdog, the bowl was a good deal larger and little pieces kept falling out. I imagine I'd have a similar problem with the solo? Any workarounds? Is this easier with the PVHES stems?
Just got one, stock stems can have a bit of herb falling through and sucking through but not enough to even be a hassle. Great vape

VisiblyVaped,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I hold my stem ....herb toward the sky,.....
when the solo is hot, I place stem in that way... up
then I do a hit or two that way, causing the herb to be "heat glued' in place... and no crumbs can fall.
(as long as the herb is pretty good, it will stick in place with heat.)

Vitolo,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
Pvhes vs eds stems
I can only comment on the PVHES, I have two straights and I love them .
The airflow is alot better and I would only use the stock stems in an emergency .
I am reading great things about ED's stems .
All you can do is go with what u think and then save and get the other choice later

Lefthook,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Pvhes vs eds stems

I will let you know very soon as I'm waiting for my PHVES...

I love Ed stem and I might still prefer him but we'll see

Quick notes: Wood is not getting hot like the glass,the ABV looks great and double screen is on demand...
But it will be much easier to clean glass and reclaim...
The wood fits my bong amazingly (glass stock I use silicon as well).

So this is the major points...I have a feeling the wood stem lasts a bit longer but also takes a little longer to exhale...but an answer will be hopefully this week! :)

TheKeeper

Former Combuster
What is the best compact case for the Arizer Solo that will also fit a couple stems and the charger?
I would greatly appreciate it if you would take the time to post a photo and where to purchase.

Also, I just purchased both a PVHES and Ed's TnT stem and will report back after trying both.

Best!

TheKeeper,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
What is the best compact case for the Arizer Solo that will also fit a couple stems and the charger?
I would greatly appreciate it if you would take the time to post a photo and where to purchase.

Also, I just purchased both a PVHES and Ed's TnT stem and will report back after trying both.

Best!
I'll post a picture later, but most psp cases will work they have a section for the psp (solo) place for the games and memory (stems and extra herb) and mine has an outside pocket I keep the charger if I need.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
"Best" is a useless term...its a matter of taste and what need with it...honestly, for me - when I go with a bag its usually a normal school bag and I would put the solo in it nice and safely bubble wrapped...

Gandalf

I hold my stem ....herb toward the sky,.....
when the solo is hot, I place stem in that way... up
then I do a hit or two that way, causing the herb to be "heat glued' in place... and no crumbs can fall.
(as long as the herb is pretty good, it will stick in place with heat.)

Thanks a lot, I'll try this technique when I get my solo.

Gandalf,

katie

As a women that's planning on getting pregnant later this year I wanted to find a vape that was extremely safe. I wanted a small portable one because I really only take one or two hits ever. (I do it by myself for medicinal purposes) All the talk on this forum of electronics, batteries, wires, and mica dust in the air path has me really concerned. Has this all been resolved or is there still any question of the safety of the air path? If so, is there a safer option for me? Thanks!!

katie,
Reactions: Ansel

natural farmer

As a women that's planning on getting pregnant later this year I wanted to find a vape that was extremely safe. I wanted a small portable one because I really only take one or two hits ever. (I do it by myself for medicinal purposes) All the talk on this forum of electronics, batteries, wires, and mica dust in the air path has me really concerned. Has this all been resolved or is there still any question of the safety of the air path? If so, is there a safer option for me? Thanks!!

I wouldn't worry about health issues as the only thing that could happen, but should happen rarely, is some ceramic (and not mica) particles, much safer than most of the things you possibly breath every day... The air path is only at the top of the unit and you don't draw air from the lower part but from the top.
You should be more worried of your choice instead. Solo is great but for the couple of hits you need, you might as well go with Thermovape Evolution or the T1. They would suit you better IMHO... :) Take a draw, put it in your pocket, take a draw again whenever etc. The Solo is more suitable for a whole session as you need to damp the partially vaped herb and reload it again when you need some more... Too much trouble... Now, if you have sessions with your partner or friends, the Thermo might not be up to the game... It's more solo than the Solo... :lol:
Good luck!

Vitolo

Vaporist
A case for the case and another case for the case of the case!!! :lol:
Photoon2012-06-17at0834.gif

stickstones

Vapor concierge
katie, I would be more concerned about the herb itself during pregnancy than the vaporizer. That being said, and given you have medical reasons that require small, infrequent hits, I would suggest the Magic Flight Launch Box. It is a little harder to learn to use, but will work great for needing the occassional hit every now and then. The Solo, Iolite and others like it will bake through the whole chamber even if you only want one or two hits. The Launch Box doesn't do this. When it is off, it is done heating. You could load a trench in that thing and have it last for days, it sounds like.

Lefthook

VapoMiner
A case for the case and another case for the case of the case!!! :lol:
My solo... My precious... No offense Lefthook. :)
Maybe a big Russian babushka doll would be ideal for safe traveling!!! :lol:

Lol none taken good sir and nice idea

Lefthook,

jambandphan03

in flavor country

The Solo can be used this way, you would simply have to remove the stem between hits to keep the herb from cooking away. It takes about a minute or so to warm up, and you can turn it off at any time in a session. I can't vouch for the safety of the air path, I have no way of testing this myself. I can say though the Thermovape T1 might be more of what you are looking for, simple device, works well, and made with medical grade materials. 10-15 sec heat time, manual on off switch you activate when you want power, so if you are looking for a fast one -two hits, you don't have to wait long, and you can get your meds. anywhere, it's pretty stealthy. You can read more about it here: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/thermovape.4770/

Adobewan

@ Katie
Don't like disagreeing with lovely and sagely Jambandphan, but as smartly designed as it is, and I have three of the companies products, I haven't had the luck the the Thermovape some of the more seasoned vaporists on the forum have.
I find the Solo extremely user friendly. If that is any issue I'd consiider it.
All due respect Jam!

Adobewan,
Reactions: katie
Top Bottom