• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
Ok, I notched the bottom of one of my stems. I will say that you should start with a new blade. Don't want a frayed cutting disc to catch and bust the SOB. I used a die grinder as my Dremel is loaned out. Cut just one tiny ^ about the size of a pencil lead. I would like to be able to put one more in opposite the cut I made to balance it out but we will try it first. I have dry tested it and it seems to work. Tomorrow I will line up some herb to give it the big go. Yes it is dry in my house tonite. Sweeter than a mutha fucka. :rofl:

Da Ape.

Vaped Ape,

Vaped Ape

Dorkus
Your ABV I bet is very fine and it has gotten under the rotating ring and into the 4 quadrants we have now named them. see the pics above. Nothing really to worry about. Are you setting on any herb tonite. If so you better get after it.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

dorkus_molorkus

Vaped Ape said:
Dorkus
Your ABV I bet is very fine and it has gotten under the rotating ring and into the 4 quadrants we have now named them. see the pics above. Nothing really to worry about. Are you setting on any herb tonite. If so you better get after it.

Da Ape

Nup, the ABV is just your typical grind nothing to indicate that is really small particles only, typically ground weed is all.

Sorry to hear that you are stashless ATM, mutha fuckas are not answering at my end, I just wish they would hurry the fuck up.

Its friday arvo, and its beer & bong oclock, and I can t do either till these muthas get home.

deep breaths- in with the love & out with the jive (thankyou monty burns)

dorkus_molorkus,

vape4life

Banned for life
I'm somewhat bummed that the new SS solos weren't fit for shipping. Especially after this flaking ceramic fiasco which is starting to sound like it's not just an "isolated batch". If Arizer spent years designing and "testing" this thing, would it be so simple as to remove the ceramic? Seems like it effects performance and maybe a new type design won't be far off. Any predictions for when v1.2 will be released? lol

Oh and saw a pretty sweet hard case on ebay....was way too expensive with shipping though.

Still loving my solo, chip and all... and SO grateful for no smell! (bothered me more than the chipping).

vape4life,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
So, the air comes thru the holes in the cap & is drawn down underneath the creamic chamber & enters the chamber thru the 4 little holes in the bottom of the chamber.

This can certainly work -- this is the design i use in my BT, my 4 little holes are 0.75mm diameter and from the pictures my vial looks to be about the size of your stem -- 10 mm ID by 26 mm long. i tried more holes -- 7 in the beginning -- but 4 holes gives just noticably (3 db?) thicker hits.

Hippie Dickie,

Vaped Ape

^^^Hippie Dickie

This info you quoted me on appears to be dispelled after the pics of the chamber were posted. The four holes we are speaking of are in the floor of the chamber-not in the stem. They are very tiny maybe .15 and they are a bit hard to spot. I won't be totally convinced the 4 holes have no function at all until I can hold a removed chamber to the light and probe the holes. There might be tiny passages back to the 4 quadrants.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Vaped Ape

@McNerdius

You didn't per chance try to lift out the chamber whilst hold the bottom plastic. I realize there are wires most like attached to the chamber but I sure would like to see the bottom of the exposed chamber. As for cleaning the chamber I always dry swab mine with Qtips while the chamber is still a bit warm and have never had to use iso. I use only ground herb though.

@vape4life

I am convinced that simply removing the ceramic coating would leave a chamber that would oxides just as the uncoated top ring does. There is allot of moisture being pulled into the chamber when drawing. I think in a short while it would look pretty rusty and that is why the SS is being pursued.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
aesthyrian said:
jackmormon said:
Question-

Has anyone NOT had any issues with their Solo?

Mine has been used daily for almost two months and I have no chipping, flaking, or odors. It has worked extremely well. Just curious because it seems like I may be the only one with this experience?

I am right there with you. My solo has no issues at all. I love it and haven't used another vape since I got it.

Same here, the only issue I had was with a stem that was so big it wouldn't fit unless I screwed the cap off. I have a black unit with a white ring btw, but I guess it's clear by now that that doesn't mean anything.

Interesting stuff y'all came up with while I was sleeping btw, nice work guys!

Vaped ape:

I tried the suck&blow test again just now and I can definitely hear the air move around in the upper part of the chamber (or in the thing that surrounds the chamber anyway, not sure what to call what). Otherwise I find it very hard to determine what is going on there just by ear. Not a single speck of ABV came out of mine when I tried that btw, but I'm guessing that's because I mainly vape nugs of weed in my Solo and rarely grind it.

OhTheAgony,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
So the question about the mechanical utility of the 4 tiny holes...which I think I was the first to ask for (as I trully believed they were the air intake at some point) isn't totally clarified right???
Common guys, you have got me used to much faster and 100% sure answers!!! :D (just jokin' and great work on dissassembling the unit + pics!)

FLskwat,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I guess we're still guessing :lol:

If anyone has a non working Solo he/she could try filling the heater chamber (where the glass stem is inserted to) with a bit of water (just enough to cover the bottom with one or two mm's) or another better suited fluid and blow in the bowl to see where it comes out. I tried if one of my syringes would fit in one of the four holes, but no such luck unfortunately. Perhaps it's even better to take a unscrewed heater and fill up one of the four little chambers McNerdius discovered with fluid and blow in that to see where it comes out?

OhTheAgony,

Vaped Ape

I scraped of enough shake to give me a couple of bowls to try out my new notched stem and domed screen. Results were great. I can even hear a bit of air exchange now as I draw. Clouds were better than I expected with the dried out shake I had to test with. 4-5 visible clouds before I kicked it up to 7 for one last good one. My Solo only dropped one light @ heat setting 4 on a long draw and did not drop at all on 7. Virtually no change from stock stem in that regard and that was what I was concerned about. Too much air thru the thing and I think the chamber will cool a bit and drop lights more than it should. I won't put a second notch in it until after I have tried some good piff thru it. Yes I would recommend the notch cut if you use gloves and safety glasses and a new cutting disk so it does not catch. Make sure that you set up with excellent lighting too before you start the notch cut.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Not having a Solo makes it hard to follow some of these descriptions, but...

Would you not learn something by blowing smoke/visible vapour back through the stem and/or unit to see where it comes out? If someone did that already, I missed it.

pakalolo,

Vaped Ape

@OhtheAgony

There is only 2 places it can go and neither is visible without taking it apart. I don't see any way you will blow water thru the holes anyway.

I probed the holes this morning with one of my son's insulin needles and was able to penetrate the length of the needle which is 7mm or 1/4 inch in two of the 4 holes and bending 3 needles. Clearly the holes were plugged. Really there is no way that they would not plug when you think about it. They are smaller than a screen hole and given the resins and powder they are subjected to they would have to plug. I stand by my claim that hey were put there only to let air escape from beneath as they were mechanically pressed in during the seating of the chamber during the assy process. I would know absolutely if I knew how tight the interference fit was.

I have sent an e-mail to the one guy I know of that has a broken Solo to ask if he would consider disassembling his Solo and he has not gotten back to me.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Vaped Ape

Pakalolo blowing smoke thru the hole would be just like the water. You can not see when it goes as it is enclosed there. I am positive they are of no function.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,
jackmormon said:
Question-

Has anyone NOT had any issues with their Solo?

Mine has been used daily for almost two months and I have no chipping, flaking, or odors. It has worked extremely well. Just curious because it seems like I may be the only one with this experience?
I have had my solo for a little over 2 months now and no problems either. (crosses fingers)

VapeNStone,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've got the stainless bowl blues. Good thing I've got my underdog vape to hold me over while I wait for this shit to get fixed someday...

darkrom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Vaped Ape said:
@OhtheAgony

There is only 2 places it can go and neither is visible without taking it apart. I don't see any way you will blow water thru the holes anyway.

I probed the holes this morning with one of my son's insulin needles and was able to penetrate the length of the needle which is 7mm or 1/4 inch in two of the 4 holes and bending 3 needles. Clearly the holes were plugged. Really there is no way that they would not plug when you think about it. They are smaller than a screen hole and given the resins and powder they are subjected to they would have to plug. I stand by my claim that hey were put there only to let air escape from beneath as they were mechanically pressed in during the seating of the chamber during the assy process. I would know absolutely if I knew how tight the interference fit was.

I have sent an e-mail to the one guy I know of that has a broken Solo to ask if he would consider disassembling his Solo and he has not gotten back to me.

Da Ape

I still like to see this tested. As the reason that your needle couldn't go in any further could also mean that the canals simply aren't straight all the way through. They could still lead back to the 4 cavities around the heating chamber that McNerdius discovered, couldn't they? I just like to make sure that this is or isn't the case. Do you have any specifications on the needles you use for your sons insulin perhaps? I'm considering picking one up if our local pharmacy has them and screw my Solo apart and spray something in there just to see what happens. I like Pakalolo's smoke idea as well, but I don't want my vape to smell or taste like smoke so I think I'll go with alcohol or distiled water instead.

Perhaps it would have been easier to just email the Arizer guys and asked them about the details of the Solo's airpath though :lol:

OhTheAgony,

vapeinacape

@Vaped Ape

Got your email. Here is an update:

This morning I shipped my broken Solo to Arizer via Canada Post Xpress, it should arrive at Arizer on Monday. I emailed the gmail address you gave me for Steve, but in response recieved a reply from Kevin at service@arizer.com.

In the reply he asked me for my full name, a copy of my original sales reciept, the serial number of the unit and my address. "This issue sounds like it will be covered under the warranty" the email stated. So I sent that info in...

The second response contained shipping information and instructions for sending the unit back to Arizer for repair. It said "Once your parcel has been received we'll repair your unit and return it to you with express shipping. Sometimes a unit may not be repairable, in which case a new unit will be issued at no extra charge."

Wish they let me keep it so I could take it completely apart and show you guys, BUT TO BE HONEST, I'de rather them fix my original unit as it has no peeling issues like people are experiencing here.

I was one of the original users of the solo on this site with regular use of the unit on average 4 or 5 times a day, so I like to think that what hapened to my Solo WILL eventually happen to other Solos (if not all of them) since it was not a result of trauma or overheating, simply regular use. I kept it very clean (compared to pics I've seen from other users on here) so its not like resin melted over the silicon or anything...

I really hope they give me details about what broke on my Solo and why so I can share with all of you.

vapeinacape,

Egzoset

Banned
I am thinking...

After the Solo v2 why not a Solo Halogen?!... Imagine!!! From room temperature to 191C (376 F) in twenty seconds instead of two minutes! As a bonus it would be a perfect "stealth" vaporizer since it would also double as a fancy portable spotlight!

:peace:

Egzoset,

vape4life

Banned for life
That sounds rather awesome!

Egzoset said:
I am thinking...

After the Solo v2 why not a Solo Halogen?!... Imagine!!! From room temperature to 191C (376 F) in twenty seconds instead of two minutes! As a bonus it would be a perfect "stealth" vaporizer since it would also double as a fancy portable spotlight!

:peace:

vape4life,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
The four holes we are speaking of are in the floor of the chamber-not in the stem.

understood -- that's like my BT, there are holes in the bottom of the vial (similar to the chamber) and holes in the bottom of my stem.

From room temperature to 191C (376 F) in twenty seconds instead of two minutes

Getting to vape temp is pretty fast (20 sec on my BT), the rest of the two minutes is to heat saturate the chamber to reach equilibrium for constant hits.

Hippie Dickie,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
There is always the Wicked Lasers Torch flashlight. 100watt halogen lamp and 4100 lumens. That should get hot enough to vaporize. The cost is within the range of a vaporizer too. I can see some sort glass enclosure that holds the herb and you just shine the light through it. Maybe something that just connects to the flashlight.

Check the video here

267-600x450.jpg

You could actually use it with just about any glass bong / combustion system. Just adjust the distance from the bowl for temperature control. You may need to wear sunglasses while vaping though. :cool:
I understand it really eats the batteries.

Alan,

McNerdius

god of nerds
OhTheAgony said:
I still like to see this tested. As the reason that your needle couldn't go in any further could also mean that the canals simply aren't straight all the way through. They could still lead back to the 4 cavities around the heating chamber that McNerdius discovered, couldn't they? I just like to make sure that this is or isn't the case.

I quote you since you've been the only one to put the two ideas side by side: the needle wont go in very far, check. It could still be connected to the four surrounding cavities, check.

I'll be the first to say it this bluntly though: The needle can't make the u-turn that the air would need to. :uhoh:

I'm with Da Ape on this one though -

They are smaller than a screen hole and given the resins and powder they are subjected to they would have to plug. I stand by my claim that hey were put there only to let air escape from beneath as they were mechanically pressed in during the seating of the chamber during the assy process.

I only presented the four channels theory to be a dick and leave things a mystery. :D :rofl:

ok now let's continue :horse:

McNerdius,

Egzoset

Banned
All right! Lets drop the whole "Solo Halogen" thing as it would become obsolete by the time Arizer gets it working: there are other players in the game who established a presence so strong it would be risky to compete with their existing tried & tested halogen solutions! I had forgotten about it momentarily but i seem to vaguely recall that halogen lamps are too fragile for use in a mobile application anyway!

No, really... Now that i think of it i'd say Arizer should consider getting a free niche which hasn't been exploited yet! I mean, why not use one of the most efficient ways to convert energy into heat? Go electro-magnetic in a fancy way, go induction with the Solo Induction!!!

:science:

Egzoset,
Top Bottom