• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
@OhtheAgony

"Same here, the only issue I had was with a stem that was so big it wouldn't fit unless I screwed the cap off. I have a black unit with a white ring btw, but I guess it's clear by now that that doesn't mean anything."

Take a rat tail file and open the cap hole or take a piece of sandpaper and rap it around a Bic pen and work the hole a bit. Just a few .000 inch.

If you don't read anything else ask yourself if the holes will function if they are plugged with powder and residue? Now ask yourself if a hole, smaller than the hole in a screen, will plug? Screens plug don't they?
Forget about the holes. They are there to let air escape when the chamber is pressed into the nylon housing. If the air can't escape the plastic will split. I wish someone with a knowledge of hydraulics would agree with me here.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Vaped Ape

OhTheAgony has a plan to make his stem fit. The tight fit stems can improve draw if they follow my notch posts.

Now we need to find a fix for the guys who have a loose stem that flops even with the lid on.

Because of the bend in the stem a 1 piece bushing can not be pushed around the stem bend and it would scratch the glass anyway. The hose idea would mean that a thick wall hose would be suitable as it is flexible and with soap it would go past the bend no problem. Would prevent burnt fingers. But you would have to enlarge the hole in the cap to accept 1/16 inch of the hose. Anymore and the hose will hit the rotating ring at top of chamber. Don't think 1/16 of an inch is enough. Hose bad idea.

A BETTER way would be to find a 1/2 inch grommet made from alum/brass/stainless or a composite material that will not off gas. For you guys that might not know what a grommet is. Here is the best way to describe.

Edit: I have looked extensively for grommet or brass bushing and can't find right size. Anything other than metal has a temp rating of 250f so not acceptable.

Think of your car. If a wire or group of wires were to go through a hole in the body a rubber grommet would be inserted into the hole first to keep the wires from chaffing and shorting on the sharp metal.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Vaped Ape

@ OhTheAgony

says:
"Do you have any specifications on the needles you use for your sons insulin perhaps? I'm considering picking one up if our local pharmacy has them and screw my Solo apart and spray something in there just to see what happens."

8mm length 31 gauge referred to as Ultra Fine insulin needles by BD. You will need 4-5 as the holes are plugged and the needles will bend.

Da Ape.

Vaped Ape,

vape4health

Wouldn't the quadrants let the air out when inserting the bowl. My guess is the holes are part of the intended air path.

Edit: Plus I can shine a flash light into the 4 holes and see silver metal, part of the heating assembly I would say.

vape4health,

darkrom

Great Scott!
So we have to mail in our defective peeling solos? We have to pay to replace the faulty product that we already paid so much for? I'm pretty damn disappointed in that. I have NO issues with the solo other than the bowl, you think they'd wanna do the right thing here and help us early adopters out. I'm not sure why they made me take pics of the chipping bowl if I'm going to have to mail it back anyway. It's a solid vape overall, but IMO they really need to handle this issue better if they expect to get positive feedback on a $300 vape.

darkrom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Vaped Ape said:
@OhtheAgony

"Same here, the only issue I had was with a stem that was so big it wouldn't fit unless I screwed the cap off. I have a black unit with a white ring btw, but I guess it's clear by now that that doesn't mean anything."

Take a rat tail file and open the cap hole or take a piece of sandpaper and rap it around a Bic pen and work the hole a bit. Just a few .000 inch.

If you don't read anything else ask yourself if the holes will function if they are plugged with powder and residue? Now ask yourself if a hole, smaller than the hole in a screen, will plug? Screens plug don't they?
Forget about the holes. They are there to let air escape when the chamber is pressed into the nylon housing. If the air can't escape the plastic will split. I wish someone with a knowledge of hydraulics would agree with me here.

Da Ape

I've thought about that, but I hate loosing the black finish there, I think it will look like rubbish. Besides, the only tight stem I have has a hairline fracture in the mouthpiece so I wouldn't be using it unless I don't have anything else anyway.

I know you're pretty sure about those four holes, but I'm not completely convinced myself so I'd like to make sure. Like I said yesterday, there's no AVB in mine, not a single speck. Some of us keep our vapes clean ya know :p

I don't vape ground up bud in the Solo, just nugs (90% of the time at least), that probably has something to do with it. I use my unit every day since I got and have never seen anything plugging up those holes, so your theory doesn't work in my case.

I got a new idea anyways: fishing wire. Now if only I could find my fishing gear, it's been a while since I used it :rolleyes:

Darkrom: If you're replying to Vapeinacape his post; he doesn't have a flaking bowl but an electronic problem of some sort, I can imagine they want to have a closer look at his unit since he seems to be the first one with a problem like that. Pay attention plz ;)

Nice video's Blackbur! You still haven't mentioned if you like it or not though. Does the Solo have it's place between your other vapes or doesn't it get much use at all?

OhTheAgony,

vape4life

Banned for life
+1

Some people have to send them in (I did) and some people don't, that's fair? Arizer can have inconsistent customer service, i've had email exchanges with debbie and not receive replies sometimes to important questions. I personally think this thing was released far too soon with so many issues around it. And I hope there won't be any problems with the new SS bowl solos. It is a great portable vape but I can't wait till other vape manufacturers (like vapexhale) start making portables like this.

Has anyone used the a/c battery bypass adapter? Just curious about the quality? $40 seems pretty steep and I know the EQ's power adapters are crap and worth $10. I can't imagine them being different from the solo's.

darkrom said:
So we have to mail in our defective peeling solos? We have to pay to replace the faulty product that we already paid so much for? I'm pretty damn disappointed in that. I have NO issues with the solo other than the bowl, you think they'd wanna do the right thing here and help us early adopters out. I'm not sure why they made me take pics of the chipping bowl if I'm going to have to mail it back anyway. It's a solid vape overall, but IMO they really need to handle this issue better if they expect to get positive feedback on a $300 vape.

vape4life,

blackbur

I actually like it alot...This thing is pretty petite..when i first opened it i thought "no way it could measure up to my supreme". After my first hit..i was like damn..it's way too convenient for me to get huge hits..It's not really a chore using this vaporizer..its basically set it..forget it and come back and hit it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIsC6JpnmLY&feature=player_embedded

Pulling out my solo and pressing a couple buttons defiantly has a leg up over my supreme where i have to nab the torch every time i want vapor.Only thing i have to worry about is touching a hot glass stem compared to an extremely hot decent sized aluminum block.

To Vriptech..it needs quiet a bit of time to work up, i could probably have 3(12-minute sessions) before my vriptech is good to go. Also i'm not really afraid to drop the solo, only the stem would break and that's pretty replaceable. However it can't beat the taste of the vriptech heatwand.

il save the rest for a more full review. thanks..when i finally got it i was like..this is a black stud finder..

blackbur,
Try it through water, blackbur, you'll be very impressed. It fits crudely but effectively to a 14mm female joint, or you can find a piece of silicone to slide over the stem and mate to a 19mm. The reverse domed screen also helps with water usage, in my experience. I've been using the Solo ALOT lately, as its convenience and efficiency are impressive, even if the solo peels, my unit's taste is lacking and the battery life needs work and all the other bullshit gripes I can think of - it's still a very impressive vaporizer, and will make many instant vapor converts due to its ease of use and big ol' clouds.

I wouldn't have too much faith in the durability of the actual Solo unit. My first unit has a small but clear split in the plastic on the bottom, and it's never been dropped. Knocked over when sitting vertically on a table, but never dropped.

Has anyone gotten any more news since the new steel bowl solos were apparently rejected?

charliedontsurf,

blackbur

charliedontsurf said:
Try it through water, blackbur, you'll be very impressed. It fits crudely but effectively to a 14mm female joint, or you can find a piece of silicone to slide over the stem and mate to a 19mm. The reverse domed screen also helps with water usage, in my experience. ?

I'm really itching to try it with some water filtration, sadly i've sold all my bubs so i could pay off a custom bubbler i have in queue with GMD/GWO. Once i get it i will test it out. Next time i head out i defiantly need to pick up some stainless steel screens. Thanks for the tip Charlie.

blackbur,

Egzoset

Banned
Forget washing your vapor with water, trap the dust with fog: try a Mist Maker then come back here and tell me it's not working! I bet your precious vapor won't ever have to go through water again once you've given it some thought... Oh, and the multi-colour lights are hypnotizing!...

:D

Egzoset,

CaptainQ

I finally ordered one! While the AUD is dropping like bud out of my MFLB I decided to jump on board. I think it was dorkus who was ordering the domed screens through OzBongs (Fantastic Company imo) so will get some of them to try an extra small ball. Also going to get my PS2 Slim Adapter, my boss offered to chop it up for me and attach a solo connector (has anyone seen the eBay link?). Tempted to read the whole thread!

CaptainQ,

vape4life

Banned for life
what started out as a tiny spot, is now chipping a bit more and growing. It's on the bottom of the bowl close to the edge and near a hole, i've treated it really, really well. I'm not too concerned at the moment, and wait wait till the SS bowls come out before I warranty it for the second time.

I keep being impressed with the efficiency of this little thing and the super fast warmup time is the shit. I cannot go back to a whip or bag vape again. The cleanup for this is just too easy!

Arizer's website still has no mention of the Solo.

vape4life,

dorkus_molorkus

welcome to the solo club captain Q, get some of those uber screens from the fine peeps at ozbongs.com.au & watch the vapor experience turn on its head.

BTW, dont know if you have seen it or not, but there is an aussie thread in the vapor lounge, pls stop by and say hi sometime. :)

dorkus_molorkus,

Egzoset

Banned
All right Dorkus Molorkus, it will be my pleasure!

What it looks like {...and the correct manner to use it!}

What it's made of {Focus on the structure, discard the bubbling tube inside}

The theory behind

:peace:

Egzoset,

Vaped Ape

I drafted and sent an e-mail to Steve @ Arizer tech asking him to consider advancing the idea and production of a 14 mm rimmed stainless domed screen suitable for use in the Solo stem. Arizer sells a rimmed dome screen currently for use in the Arizer EQ but it is the wrong dimensions. I outlined to Steve that preserving as much bowl volume and still achieving the benefits of the dome style screen with the Solo would be ideal.

I will post his response when I receive it.

Da ape

Vaped Ape,

vape4life

Banned for life
thanks Ape! That's a great idea, and a feeler to see how receptable he is to customer feedback. He really would benefit from showing up here every now and then (much like stonemonkey55 on the cloud thread), would be a great service to us all, or at least kevin from arizer to act on steve's behalf as he has posted here before.

I still can't believe the flaking/chipping made it to mass production! Especially when it can happen so quickly and so widespread (if not all eventually).

Must admit i'm excited about the SS solo, and hearing back from you guys about it.

Vaped Ape said:
I drafted and sent an e-mail to Steve @ Arizer tech asking him to consider advancing the idea and production of a 14 mm rimmed stainless domed screen suitable for use in the Solo stem. Arizer sells a rimmed dome screen currently for use in the Arizer EQ but it is the wrong dimensions. I outlined to Steve that preserving as much bowl volume and still achieving the benefits of the dome style screen with the Solo would be ideal.

I will post his response when I receive it.

Da ape

vape4life,
vape4life said:
+1

Some people have to send them in (I did) and some people don't, that's fair? Arizer can have inconsistent customer service, i've had email exchanges with debbie and not receive replies sometimes to important questions. I personally think this thing was released far too soon with so many issues around it. And I hope there won't be any problems with the new SS bowl solos. It is a great portable vape but I can't wait till other vape manufacturers (like vapexhale) start making portables like this.

Has anyone used the a/c battery bypass adapter? Just curious about the quality? $40 seems pretty steep and I know the EQ's power adapters are crap and worth $10. I can't imagine them being different from the solo's.

darkrom said:

I think that if Arizer wants to solve this chipping issue is to just issue new SS Bowl vapes to everyone who has had chipping and/or smell issues. I don't agree with having to pay anything to have to mail MY VAPE for them to fix. There has already been posts stating some people got a new vape without sending theirs in so why are they going to start now? I would be happier if they were willing to pay to ship it both ways but even if they did that its not really fair if SOME people are getting to keep their vape and get a new one. :/

JoeFinny,

Vaped Ape

I think I have my Solo drawing and producing the best it ever has. I hope my stainless Solo will be as good when it gets here.

I would like to see the forum move towards expanding our knowledge of adjunct glassware for the Solo. This is an area where I could be taught allot. Water,mist, ice......lets put up a page of discussion on readily available glassware that can be adapted to the Solo without looking like a plumber's nightmare. Maybe something in a portable size that would fit with Solo and other accessories in a camera bag to the upper end glassware that would not leave the office or home.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

dorkus_molorkus

@ Da Ape,

I have to agree my solo is pumping.

& I have homework for you.

Go to the cloud thread & have a look at the pics on the 1st page (and a couple of others if you like), pay particular attention to the bottom of the hydratubes.

Now imagine a custom 18mm GonG joint coming out of the top of the solo.

Put the 2 together & what do you get??

NOW THAT IS EXCITING

:D

dorkus_molorkus,

vape4life

Banned for life
Completely agree, it's deceitful and not fair to those that spent $300 on this thing. Might have to send them a little email myself because that's BS.

JoeFinny said:
vape4life said:
+1

darkrom said:

I think that if Arizer wants to solve this chipping issue is to just issue new SS Bowl vapes to everyone who has had chipping and/or smell issues. I don't agree with having to pay anything to have to mail MY VAPE for them to fix. There has already been posts stating some people got a new vape without sending theirs in so why are they going to start now? I would be happier if they were willing to pay to ship it both ways but even if they did that its not really fair if SOME people are getting to keep their vape and get a new one. :/

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
How about the Ehle 100ml. That's the one I have my sights on.

Vaped Ape said:
I think I have my Solo drawing and producing the best it ever has. I hope my stainless Solo will be as good when it gets here.

I would like to see the forum move towards expanding our knowledge of adjunct glassware for the Solo. This is an area where I could be taught allot. Water,mist, ice......lets put up a page of discussion on readily available glassware that can be adapted to the Solo without looking like a plumber's nightmare. Maybe something in a portable size that would fit with Solo and other accessories in a camera bag to the upper end glassware that would not leave the office or home.

Da Ape

vape4life,
Top Bottom