• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

vape4life

Banned for life
No kidding that would be awesome!!

dorkus_molorkus said:
@ Da Ape,

I have to agree my solo is pumping.

& I have homework for you.

Go to the cloud thread & have a look at the pics on the 1st page (and a couple of others if you like), pay particular attention to the bottom of the hydratubes.

Now imagine a custom 18mm GonG joint coming out of the top of the solo.

Put the 2 together & what do you get??

NOW THAT IS EXCITING

:D

vape4life,

MadWhack

Hey guys I was told by an online seller that arizer will be shipping out replacement steel bowls free of charges once they receive them to new buyers. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? The website is selling it for 199$ with free shipping.

MadWhack,
MadWhack said:
Hey guys I was told by an online seller that arizer will be shipping out replacement steel bowls free of charges once they receive them to new buyers. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? The website is selling it for 199$ with free shipping.
As far as I've been told its not as certain, I guess it depends on which Customer Support person you get. Some people have reported that they are receiving new solos without having to send them in. In the email I received about the flaking/chipping issue I was told I would have to mail my unit in for replacement/repair. A lot of the people who initially purchased this vape when it was $300.00 i'm assuming are having the same issue and we're really in the dark about this question. No offense to your post or question but the fact that people can get the solo for $100 less than what I paid for it only makes my argument even more valid and does not make me a satisfied customer. :( My only advice to you if your on the fence about purchasing a solo is to wait until Arizer addresses this issue and explains what they'll be doing unless you could possibly get stuck with a chipping/smell issue and have to pay to have it repaired...

JoeFinny,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
The Ehle 100 ml was mentioned. This piece comes well recommended.

Is there a piece that sits on top of the Solo and the two are held together like a Clarinet? Something with a docking station when at rest.

Da Ape.

Vaped Ape,

dorkus_molorkus

Egzoset said:
All right Dorkus Molorkus, it will be my pleasure!

http://oi52.tinypic.com/33m6b68.jpg
What it looks like {...and the correct manner to use it!}

http://i54.tinypic.com/30xbymg.jpg]http://i54.tinypic.com/30xbymg.jpg
What it's made of {Focus on the structure, discard the bubbling tube inside}

The theory behind

:peace:

wow! thanks for that. is this what you use?? I am very intrigued.
do you know why some mist makers are really really cheap, then others are supa expensive??
Sorry for all the questions, but I cant find any vids showing this being used in a bong like set up, do you know of any??

the mind boggles, then gets to work on design. the cogs are turning.

dorkus_molorkus,

Egzoset

Banned
Hello,

I did evaluate this fog-based filter concept extensively, mainly on harsh-tasting reclaims... It was quite a blessing! Well, until recently that is, 'cause i must have got a cheap Mist Maker module or else: that thing's water seal failed so i need to replace it now. Yet, the point is that i've used my filter as pictured for a prolongated period when i had to deal with "strong" tasting vapor - the kind which makes one caugh his lungs out, if you see what i mean!

:leaf:

Unfurtunately i must admit that the device, being a contribution of my own to the vaporist world, you'll find it's nowhere to be found.

Sorry, you'll have to go through the same trouble as i if you're willing to evaluate fog filtering by yourself.

Egzoset,
vape4life said:
thanks Ape! That's a great idea, and a feeler to see how receptable he is to customer feedback. He really would benefit from showing up here every now and then (much like stonemonkey55 on the cloud thread), would be a great service to us all, or at least kevin from arizer to act on steve's behalf as he has posted here before. Must admit i'm excited about the SS solo, and hearing back from you guys about it.

After having several back and forths with Steve over email, I decided to throw in some respectful suggestions about the Solo while also asking when the hell the steel bowls are going to ship. I mentioned things like better battery life, better screen setup, a GonG equipped stem, a stem with a better mouthpiece, a temperature setting between the currents temps of 1 and 2 for things like hops, and maybe one or two more things.

The only reply I got this time was from a lady in shipping, telling me it would ship in about 10 days. Since then someone else got an email saying that the new shipment of steel-bowl units weren't up to snuff and didn't ship - I have not been given that news.

Another forum member told me he had a less than awesome experience with Steve as well. I think Steve might be resistant to criticism about his vapes and also not particularly interested in what the community would like to see improved, and his lack of presence here is probably intentional.

charliedontsurf,

blackbur

@ego
That's a really neat setup.
i'm afraid i'm in love with scientific glass and glass on glass joints.
:D

blackbur,

Egzoset

Banned
Theory Dorkus Molorkus?

I've made much more progress with the implementation part than the theory behind it, actually!

The theory could be that everything gets encapsulated with a thin layer of water and it all ends up in the lungs but that coating stops the urge to caugh somehow... The bets are open, but i know this: it works!

Now, if Arizer wants to explore the concept to offer its customers a full-blown water toy designed to host a Mist Maker inside, with a standardized GonG joint as a bonus... Why not, if that's what it takes help vaporists stop caughing!...

Egzoset,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Oh dusty solo how I miss the joy you once gave. Maybe they will have an update on the stainless bowls this month.

darkrom,

dorkus_molorkus

@ egzoset- 'theory'=- poor choice of words, my bad.

Perhaps,
idea, proof of concept, prototype, contraption or many other more apt descriptions would have been more appropriate. I think its awesome & wasnt belittling or glossing over your efforts in any way.

Just a poor choice of words. The reason I am intrigued because I cough a fair bit, and would like to find a method to cease the hack. So, I truly am grateful for the info.

dorkus_molorkus,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi Dorkus Molorkus,

The parts are pretty much standard off-the-shelf stuff, if you have access to those i've provided references for then then you can implement the working principle yourself using hot glue and a soldering iron, euh... But i understand your desire for a neat professsional-finish product to match your vaporizer.

Well, i guess i'm stretching it beyond tolerable limits already. So, i've made my testimony in hope that my little insvetigation will help somebody else than my own person, eventually.

My appologies fot the long annecdote... Yet, i sincerely believe this item would kick ass if it could gain enough acceptance someday to become another popular water toy with nice glass work and all...

Egzoset,

dorkus_molorkus

fear not- I WILL give this a go, just for shits & giggles.
whether my wife or anyone else I know cares, this is my hobby & it brings me a lot of joy (for whatever reason)

I find it interesting, intriguing, expensive at times. But its the mad scientist stuff I love the most.
from QWISO to BHO to uber screens pimping out my solo, all the while wondering if the hydratubes from the cloud will fit the solo if you had a custom 18mm stem/GonG joint?
its great fun.

For me its about replicating the smoking experience as much as possible, while trying to make it more enjoyable on every level.

If a mistmaker can improve the experience or even just make it different yet again, hell yeah, why not.

I am currently wondering about making a gravity bong for the solo, seeing how the draw is tight I reckon you would need a big container, maybe 4lts or more.

So, when I got a couple of $$$ to spare on a mistmaker, I will give it a go & let you all know how it goes.

dorkus_molorkus,

Egzoset

Banned
Hello again!

It seems we have a lot to talk about together!

Does the fear of caughing ruin your "experience"? If so we've got something in common...

Relatively to a gravity bong, that's a negative pressure system which i've implemented without the water in it ("drag" is no longer an issue) but i feel we should find ourselves another spot to chat now!

Egzoset,

vape4life

Banned for life
I was very easily able to dome a brass screen over the end of a bic pen. Didn't need to cut it or anything and it was very easy to mold it to any size I wanted. I pushed it in about half way and still was able to get .1g in there to fit even though it looked like the dome used up half the bowl.

The end result was less than impressive, and actually no different than my other screens (that are cut and inserted normally, just covereing but probably not touching the holes). I will not be using domed screens in my stems. It's not the bottleneck, the shape of the glass stem is.

solo continues to put a grin on my face...even without the new SS bowls i'd get this flaking thing! And now with the recent announcement of the cloud, and possible GoG glass adapter for hydratubes down the road for the solo, how can life get any better with things to look foward to? :)

vape4life,

thecragus

Hey vape4life, any worries about the screens being brass? I order 100, have them, and then did some research and many seem to say that if these come from China (and I have no idea where mine were made) there is a good chance of lead being part of their composition. So I've ordered 100 SS screens off of Ebay,
I have tried putting a rubber grommet on the end of the mouthpiece, and pressing that against a bowl for good occlusion but found the draw too hard,
And yes, (and I almost feel guilty mentioning this) but I am one of those lucky ones who got an all black Solo early on and have had no problems with it. It really is the most efficient vape I own IMHO.
When I need a little water cooling, I use the elbow pack and return to my first vaporizer.

thecragus,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think the opinions are still a bit divided about the safety of brass.

I opted not to use it anymore just in case, but if you just look at the raw nr's it seems to be save with the temps we use to vape.

I did try one in my Solo when I was experimenting with the dome screens because I had a brass one that was larger than my SS ones and I wanted to try a bigger dome, but after two bowls I threw it away because I had the idea I could taste the difference between it and my regular SS screens. I have no idea if I could really taste it or that it was just a mental thing, but well, it seems to work better for my peace of mind this way and I guess that's what's most important to me.

There are several threads about the subject though, for those who want to know a little more.

Lets see, so many new posts..

Glad to hear you like your Solo Blackbur! I can relate to how you are experiencing yours. I don't have a lot of experience with other vapes besides the SSV, but it truly amazed me how easy it was to use when I first got it. Not that I mind a little tinkering at times, but for me it added so much to the whole vaping experience. I'm starting to get curious about your complete review.

I also saw a post of someone inquiring about glass that pairs well with the Solo. I don't have a 100ml (yet), but I pair these two together about 90% of the time that I use my Solo:

minip1010549.jpg

Was posted before about 40 pages ago btw, but I figured what the heck since many newcomers don't seem to pick this entire thread apart like I do when I get new-vape-fever... :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's a 250ml Ehle and the two of them are just a delight to use together. I also had a 500ml Ehle previously but I felt the chamber was just a tad to big for the Solo bowl. I have to add that I used my modified stem at the time with larger air holes and it was pretty difficult to fill up the 500ml with that one before the Solo cooled down to much to produce dense vapor. I'm not sure if I'd still feel the 500ml would be to big if I'd tired it with a regular stem, but I haven't and it's gone now so I can only guess.

OhTheAgony,

vape4life

Banned for life
@ thecraigus:

No, I just had the one brass screen lying around and tried it. When I realized it didn't make a difference I tossed it. I read the thread on here on brass and rather not chance it and just stick with SS.

@agony:

thanks for the pic of the beauty 250ml ehle. Guessing it fills the tube nicely? I want the 100ml still but it always seems out of stock and i'm still trying to decide if i'll be happy with the air flow. Does the solo aroma tube just slide into the downstem seemlessly?

vape4life,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It fills it fast and many times on one bowl, no problem at all. The Solo stem fits great in a 14,4mm downstem (they also come with 18,8mm joints so watch what you'll get), I even have to give it a little twist to get it out again just like normally with GG connections.

OhTheAgony,

vape4life

Banned for life
nice, so that means that you can just put your filled tube in the bong, and insert the solo on top like a lighter? Should make it pretty easy to use which was another one of my concerns.

OhTheAgony said:
It fills it fast and many times on one bowl, no problem at all. The Solo stem fits great in a 14,4mm downstem (they also come with 18,8mm joints so watch what you'll get), I even have to give it a little twist to get it out again just like normally with GG connections.

vape4life,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
Anyone know the dimensions on a Vapir NO2 screen. I know some of the guys over here have a Solo and a N02 and the reason I ask has to do with the domed screen that is available for them. I can not find dimensions on their screen but it looks in pictures to be about the right dome shape compromise.

Da ape.

Vaped Ape,
For those who use screens and have tons of honey backing up in their stems, you might want to consider just pulling the screen, inserting the stem into a 14mm GonG female and then gently heating the whole thing with a jet torch - basically turning it into a cheap Eclipse. I find this works really well and is the easiest way I can think of to "reclaim" your oil. The intake is such that hits are dense and rich.

charliedontsurf,

vape4life

Banned for life
I've got a regular sized mason jar filled with iso. I just throw the stem in there while using the clean stem and then swap them. I figure after some time i'll evaporate and reclaim. Already starting to see sediment on the bottom of the jar.

Earlier I mentioned the other vape that I thought arizer may have copied, it was the minivap. Not sure about copying them, but definitely many similarities. For the price, not sure how it could even compete with the solo.

vape4life,
Top Bottom