• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

smokecity

@dorkus_molorkus
Cool. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only still using it.

@al bundy
Yes, they are changing the bowl to stainless steel so that there will be no more issues with flaking inside the bowl.

smokecity,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
^^My white clipped Solo has chipping and is effacing but no peeling. To Arizer's credit though they are letting the guys keep their old one and they really are not putting up much warranty fuss.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

jackmormon

Question-

Has anyone NOT had any issues with their Solo?

Mine has been used daily for almost two months and I have no chipping, flaking, or odors. It has worked extremely well. Just curious because it seems like I may be the only one with this experience?

jackmormon,

Vaped Ape

^^What color is the outside and what color is the nylon clip affair under the chamber? The chipping is really a speckling on the chamber wall. Nothing like this? Loose or tight stem? Does it spin easily or fall out if turned upside down?

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

jackmormon

Black on the outside, an off white on the nylon clip, and both stems are very loose. They spin and can move side to side. I can adjust the airflow by adjusting how the stem sits in the chamber.

jackmormon,

Vaped Ape

There seems to be no consistency in any of this...so far.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

McNerdius

god of nerds
Some pics. I don't know if this is some of the stuff that's being discussed or if these have been posted, but my curiosity regarding the four holes has been great.

[disclaimer: do the following at your own risk, being very careful not to break clips, tug on wiring, lose screws, or otherwise fuck up. I include these disclaimers assuming that even though these photos are here, someone will inevitably take theirs apart for some reason to see the very same things, and break it - later blaming it on me. :) ]

Removing the four screws under the top screw cap, and removing the "top half" of the inniard-bits:

32964241.png

Inniard-Bits with ring thingy on top:

79595224.png

Inniard-bits angled up: [the wiring is connected to this, careful]

15777492.png

The last two pics are the 'gold' of this post.

THE FOUR HOLES DO NOT GO THROUGH !

23034625.png

HOWEVER !!!!!!!

11337409.png

Looking at this pic, you will notice there is an 'inner' and 'outer' ring of sorts separating the plastic from the main bowl area [where stem goes in]. The main bowl is completely solid except the four holes. We know the holes don't go through the plastic, but notice the gap between the bowl itself and the plastic. It is divided into four quadrants. Perhaps each hole 'leaks through' this air gap internally. I didn't have any clever way to check this, but it should be as simple as getting some tubing whose OD matches the ID of the bowl area so there is a very snug fit, and blowing [or sucking]. No such tubing laying around here, but mayhaps a daring individual with such tubing could take this research to the next level.

Note that if someone does this, there are two things to be careful of, as mentioned earlier:

#1 After removing the 4 phillips screws, Not only is the top half clipped in by the two side clips, but the two halves are clipped together. Keep this in mind and be careful ! Don't go tugging shit ! Which brings me to #2 which is really a re-worded reiteration of #1:

#2 After carefully undoing all 4 clips, the top half will come off. THE BOTTOM WONT. It's wired in ! DUH ! If you have balls, the only thing you will do at this point is give it a 30 degree angle or so, such as in my pic. Don't be dumb !

Sorry to sound like a bitchy grandmother talking to an idiotic toddler, but i gotta cover my ass...

Peace !

PS: My bowl is raunchily soaked with greasy splooge. Any ideas on how to clean it up ? I haven't attempted anything as i'm just too paranoid. Unfamiliar territory, this heating mechanism.

McNerdius,
Reactions: Egzoset

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Wow, great pics, McNerdius. Thanks for doing this. I bet that your theory is correct in that the air travels down the 4 quadrants between the inner and outer bowl and enters the bowl through the 4 tiny holes in the floor of the heating chamber. It would be nice to confirm this, though.

:peace:

Stu,

Vaped Ape

@Mcnerdius

"I didn't have any clever way to check this, but it should be as simple as getting some tubing whose OD matches the ID of the bowl area so there is a very snug fit, and blowing [or sucking."

Read back a bit and you will see a post about me putting a 1 inch long very tight hose into the chamber and I could not suck a damn thing raising big question about the 4 holes.

Thanks so much for the pics. also hope it goes back together right so the elect stink issue does not surface.

@Stu Mcnerdius has confirmed the holes don't go through if you look back

The holes must be a way of staking the chamber to hold it for machining?? Can't really visualize it though..not yet. It's interesting that the holes have not been filled during the coating process leading me to believe the coating process is a sleeve and not a spray?

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

McNerdius

god of nerds
Vaped Ape said:
Read back a bit and you will see a post about me putting a 1 inch long very tight hose into the chamber and I could not suck a damn thing raising big question about the 4 holes.

Yeah after re-reading that post i realize now what you were saying lol... i misinterpreted it somehow the first time i read it.

And yeah he's back together fine. It's really a dull disassemble/reassemble. I thought there was gonna be more to it, TBH. Actually had it apart twice. I wasn't gonna get a pic of the bottom, and just say 'no holes in the bottom' but then i said to myself "u must post the most important pic u dumbass" so i did :)

:bigleaf:

McNerdius,

Vaped Ape

@ McNerdius

What keeps the rotating top ring in place?

Da Ape

Edit: sets in a groove in the plastic?

Vaped Ape,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
jackmormon said:
Question-

Has anyone NOT had any issues with their Solo?

Mine has been used daily for almost two months and I have no chipping, flaking, or odors. It has worked extremely well. Just curious because it seems like I may be the only one with this experience?

I am right there with you. My solo has no issues at all. I love it and haven't used another vape since I got it.

aesthyrian,

Vaped Ape

So as the air in the 4 quadrants heats and dissipates it draws it own air from around the ring? But the only air we vape comes from in and around the cap vents and center hole.Or the quadrants don't care about an air supply they simply are designed to make the chamber material less dense so it will heat quicker.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Vaped Ape

@McNerdius

The "plastic" really is a heat resistant polymer of sorts-two piece, the part that holds the ring and the underneath piece that clips (comes in white and black) that contains the quadrant and holds the actual chamber. Phew.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Vaped Ape

Now we know all the air comes from the vents in the cap, to include what it can around the circumference of the big stem hole. That means cross cutting the bottom of the stem slightly as I mentioned a couple of pages back will help feed the dope bowl of the stem on tight fitting Solos.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

McNerdius

god of nerds
Vaped Ape said:
@ McNerdius

What keeps the rotating top ring in place?

Da Ape

Edit: sets in a groove in the plastic?

Yeah, just the fact that it's slightly smaller in diameter where it sits in the top plastic bit.

Vaped Ape said:

Thing is though, how far in was the tubing ? If it was in too far, the tubing would bridge the gap between the ring and the bowl, thus [partially] blocking what *could* be a secondary air path. [probably didnt have it in that far but i gotta check ! :) ]

I honestly don't think the holes go anywhere, to he honest, but the curiosity is killing me.

One thing i didnt mention with my pictures is that even the tightest of my stems are very very loose in the bowl when it is disassembled like this. It seems to me that because when you insert the stem, it is effectively coming into contact with three separate parts, all slightly misaligned, it *seems* alot tighter than it is. Put differently, it is *mechanically* tight, but nowhere near as *airtight* as our brains would have us believe. The most significant variable as has been mentioned by Vaped Ape, seems to be the gap between the bottom of the bowl and the glass itself. Perhaps even moreso than the stem's 'tightness'

McNerdius,

Vaped Ape

^^^ you confirmed the 4 holes go nowhere. Here is a piece of what I posted a couple of days ago.

"What if one took a die grinder or dremel with a cutting disc and made an ever so slight cut across the end diameter of the stem bowl. So slight that powdered piff will not leak into the chamber. If you like that, turn the stem 90* and make a second cut. First cut should be the thickness of dental floss. Just about a scuff.You can always cut deeper but you can't reverse it."

Make sure you wear gloves and safety glasses if using a die grinder or Dremel.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Vaped Ape

It's 2pm in NSW AU. Won't Dorkus be surprised at the new findings when he gets home from work. Assuming he works. :D Funny thing is.... he is out of stash so he will have to wait to experiment.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

dorkus_molorkus

@ Da ape, I am here, I am lucky enough to be able to work from home, so I am mostly here lurking.

its now 3pm, my drought ends at 5pm hopefully and it has definately not been funny. lol

Now, I am trying to get my head around these holes etc, and must admit, I dont get it??
Wasnt it established earlier that increased airflow via making holes bigger etc resulted in a decresed air/vapor ratio?? that had unsatisfactory results?

Now from what I think Da Ape is suggesting is to basically cut a very, very shallow V in the bottom of the stem so the point of the very shallow V sits in the bottom of the heating bowl, which will allow the stem to ever so slightly rock from side to side ( or just create some play) thus letting more air thu the stem?

or have I totally got this wrong??

C'mon 5pm, I could chew on broken glass right about now. big baggie on its way!! (half zip) woo-hoo

Wife is out tonight, might have to get drunk & make some milk vids to celebrate.
get my speilberg on! :p

dorkus_molorkus,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
We've confirmed that the 4 holes don't go through to the bottom, but might they be part of a channel to the 4 "chambers" of the space between the inner and outer bowls that he discovered? That's the part I don't understand.

Stu,

dorkus_molorkus

@ Da Ape- just had a re-read of some stuff and did you mean putting a taper on the bottom the stem?
so reducing the outer diameter of the bottom of the stem slightly without reducing the inner diameter.
so as to not change the perfomance, but just to get the solo to accept the tight stems easier & doesnt change anything else?

or am I still totally wrong??

dorkus_molorkus,

McNerdius

god of nerds
Stu said:
We've confirmed that the 4 holes don't go through to the bottom, but might they be part of a channel to the 4 "chambers" of the space between the inner and outer bowls that he discovered? That's the part I don't understand.

Yeah, if the 4 holes go anywhere, that's the only possibility. I don't think they do though, i think they are just a part of manufacturing like Da Ape suggested a while back.

dorkus_molorkus - Looking at the stem from the side:

we want to change: |____|

into: |__/\__|

lol... ascii art FTW. Of course that is not at all proportionate it's just one of those pics that's worth about 10-15 well-chosen words. :)

For my purposes, the idea behind this [or something functionally equivalent] wouldn't be so much about increasing airflow as it would be ensuring it. In all actuality, the stem butting up against the inside of the bowl can be a much greater bottleneck than the small size of the holes in the stem itself. By notching the stem like this, we would hope to ensure that the bottleneck is the two holes in the stem.

Put a sploof against your palm and blow. Hard. It might do nothing, or it might sound like flatulence. The sploof is fat, but no air is moving. :D

McNerdius,

dorkus_molorkus

Ok,I get it, I was close, sorta not really-

I had it back to to front (prolly from living down under- lol) thanks for the diagram & the explanation.

Righto then, someone with a dremel and a sense of adventure might need to man up & put a stem to the grind
and see what happens.

any volunteers?? I dont own a dremel, and my sense of adventure is at the cleaners. lol

UPDATE- just for fun I just got my solo a put my lips to the hole where you place the stem, and sucked to check the airpath.

well 2 things, I got a mouthful of ABV everytime I sucked on it.
even tho the ceramic chamber appears empty, I sucked on it 6 times got heaps of ABV in my mouth each time.

I took the cap off, still cant see any ABV but shake the solo upside down & ABV falls out. WTF??

now if you suck on the ceramic bowl with the cap off, you can actually hear where the air appears to be coming from.

For example, suck on it with the cap on apart from gthe ABV in your mouth, you can hear the air being sucked thru the holes in the top of the cap. take the cap off & suck, you can hear the air being drawn down the sides of the solo, & it coming up thru the bottom of the ceramic chamber.

So, the air comes thru the holes in the cap & is drawn down underneath the creamic chamber & enters the chamber thru the 4 little holes in the bottom of the chamber.

Now this is the result of a 30 second inspection, if I am wrong or mistaken, I apologise.

Can someone else wrap their laughing gear around their solo to test whether I am a legend or a numbty.
If this has been discussed before, please forgive me I am a stoner & my short term memory is not what it used to be.

dorkus_molorkus,

dorkus_molorkus

Just checked my other solo, took the cap off and tipped it upside down.
about half a stems worth of ABV fell out.

Both of them are now flaking.- :(

Both of them are black, but they have 2 different coloured nylon rings. one black, the other white.

dorkus_molorkus,
Top Bottom