Arizer Solo

clouded vision

you leave the stock ring in and put it between that and the metal cap. your cap may or may not screw on tight again but shouldn't stop any earlier than about 3/4 turn short. just don't force it or you could break the plastic housing in the bottom by the screw holes

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
You put the stem in the ring before you screw the cap back on so it stays in place.
Pipes what do you think about the solo so far?

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Pipes

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Thanks Stu, great offer. I still need to look through the packaging again. If I do not find, I'll contact PV. I'm sure they'll make good. No instructions neither. Although I did find the info slip regarding heating to get stem on the first time. After I asked here. :doh:
I take it that you replace the existing ring then? So good for both stock and PVHES?
Thanks again for the quick responses and support. Awesome. :clap:
No worries. Even after I managed to lose some o rings that OF sent me, another member sent me a few. That's one of the reasons I love this place.

FWIW you probably won't need the o ring for some time. They seem to loosen up over time, but when they're new, the stems are very tight as you have already noted.

:peace:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
You put the stem in the ring before you screw the cap back on so it stays in place.
Pipes what do you think about the solo so far?

So far I think I need to play with the temperature a bit and find the proper packing density. I have only done two loads so far. First was at temp 5 and get some nice pulls (5-6) then tapers off. Upon inspection it looks darker at the bottom (conduction part) and the upper 1/2 looks like it could go some more. I'm sure it's just me as early to make any accurate opinions.
I like the fact that you don't have to think about what you're doing. My first effortless vape and think I'm going to really love it. Taste is sweet.
Is there any recommended wait time for batteries to cool after a session before you put back onto the charger? I waited a few minutes before putting back on after use.
Going to fire it up again now actually. :brow:

Dreamerr

If you had a PA lmfao you would know that the number one light stays on forever and a day after off. I don't know if it is bad for the battery but if I feel like charging I just do. I have never seen anything that said it was bad but maybe OF or centi can answer cause I don't know:shrug: jack about batteries. I had a hard enough time changing them in my TV remote today:rofl: .

OF

So far I think I need to play with the temperature a bit and find the proper packing density.

My first effortless vape and think I'm going to really love it. Taste is sweet.
Is there any recommended wait time for batteries to cool after a session before you put back onto the charger? I waited a few minutes before putting back on after use.

By all means do. I'd say most guys use 3 or 4 the most? I agree it's a neat little device, you're going to like it.

The o-ring, if and when you use it, goes above the factory ring seal (which isn't really an o-ring). You trap it between the top of the heater assembly and the top cover. You need to be careful not to get it too tight (there are at least two thicknesses of caps) you can screw it down hard enough to break the tabs on the bottom that hold the cover on the unit if you gronk down on it too hard. You want it just tight enough to keep the ring from rotating with the stem.

The batteries are being pretty conservatively run and therefore don't self heat as much as many other do, IMO no real need for concerns here past what you'd do for a laptop say?

Dreamer has a good point, you should have a PA so you don't have to slow down for charges.....

OF

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Inside of all of the Solo's stock packs there is a 65c ambient temperature switch which cuts off all power to the vape if the temperature exceeds that. That has only ever happened to me on an older version of the Solo after about four runs in a row during some testing. The newer models can be run pretty much perpetually without issue.

CentiZen,
Reactions: ou812?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

If you had a PA lmfao you would know that the number one light stays on forever and a day after off. I don't know if it is bad for the battery but if I feel like charging I just do. I have never seen anything that said it was bad but maybe OF or centi can answer cause I don't know:shrug: jack about batteries. I had a hard enough time changing them in my TV remote today:rofl: .
Try this!

wilvape

[quote="OF, post: 411403, member: 7683"

You need to be careful not to get it too tight (there are at least two thicknesses of caps) you can screw it down hard enough to break the tabs on the bottom that hold the cover on the unit if you gronk down on it too hard. You want it just tight enough to keep the ring from rotating with the stem.

I have one of the 113 orings in mine and I'm afraid if I tighten it down till it bottoms out it might break the tabs off also, there is small gap it doesn't bottom closed because the oring dia. is 3/32". if it was a little smaller cross-section I'd be able to tighten it all the way down. I retired from a hydraulic shop and I have to get my buddy to check on metric O-rings to see if they are available in Viton or high-heat. A 113 oring is 9/16" inside which is .556" Metric orings are available in 14mm which is .551". These will fit perfect over the stem and are available in a number of different cross-sections. I am gonna try a couple different ones. 14x1.5 and 14x1. Guaranteed one of them will work to be able to tighten all the way done and do it's job. These sizes would be a lot easier for our European members to get also. Hopefully by next week I can do.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
The more I use it the more I love it! Ed's Wood stem for the Solo: Holds in place tight (whole unit together can be lifted from the stem)! Screened with ring clip! Draws sublime compared to the OEM! Looks real good mounted! Raises the bar on the whole experience!

Snappo,
Reactions: Maine420

axl_rose

holy shit, that PN WT bong attachment looks freaking dope! do you need a different bowl piece for the solo or will the one that comes in that auction work? if not, i assume i would simply need a bowl with a 14mm male glass-on-glass "slide"?

edit: just searched the forum and it appears you would need the gong adaptor.

axl_rose,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
ataxian that is so cute
I don't need a stinking PN WT.
I added a clip to keep it together.
This is all I needed for the SOLO.
Oh! I forgot about the "OF" PA that works amazing!
Mac Giver lives!
$80.00 set up (all H2O fittings - Everything including GonG adapter even the PA)!
GOD'S GIFT and GIRL SCOUT COOKIES taste great!

ataxian,
Reactions: Dreamerr

SirDarkened

Later tonight I'll post a picture of my LED issue. I feel its more cosmetic rather then being a problem but I'm not completely sure and it bothers me. :(

Basically I have seen in all of your solo photos if you are on temp 4 1-4 lights up but on mine 5 lights up also. If I'm on 6 then 7 lights up as well.

When I turn it on 1 lights up blue everytime.

I did 4 sessions back to back to back to back with the PA of top shelf bud and I was completely and utterly obliterated to the point where I felt constant rushes. It was incredible ;).

With the PA my solo runs like a tank without it I find it slower to heat up as compared to the Pax I used to own. Could be due to the LEDs.

I have also noticed after each hit the temperature drops by one and then it reheats to the desired temp. So I have to wait twice as long for the red heating light to turn off but with the PA this has yet to occur.

SirDarkened,
Reactions: ataxian

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Later tonight I'll post a picture of my LED issue. I feel its more cosmetic rather then being a problem but I'm not completely sure and it bothers me. :(

Basically I have seen in all of your solo photos if you are on temp 4 1-4 lights up but on mine 5 lights up also. If I'm on 6 then 7 lights up as well.

When I turn it on 1 lights up blue everytime.

I did 4 sessions back to back to back to back with the PA of top shelf bud and I was completely and utterly obliterated to the point where I felt constant rushes. It was incredible ;).

With the PA my solo runs like a tank without it I find it slower to heat up as compared to the Pax I used to own. Could be due to the LEDs.

I have also noticed after each hit the temperature drops by one and then it reheats to the desired temp. So I have to wait twice as long for the red heating light to turn off but with the PA this has yet to occur.
All I can say is "very interesting observations"! Haven't seen that on mine...I preset my temp one click up at a time; when it heats to that point is where it lights up, and no higher or lower. I am still waiting to recv. shipment on the PA, so will look for some performance enhancement when in use.
Hope this adds to the discussion.

Snappo,

Dreamerr

Something strange happened today. I was giving this guy an o-ring and his stem was still really loose with it wtf. I gave him my washer that was to tight that I couldn't do anything and it still fits looser then our o-rings but tight enough. I was surprised.

Dreamerr,

exit

So far I think I need to play with the temperature a bit and find the proper packing density. I have only done two loads so far. First was at temp 5 and get some nice pulls (5-6) then tapers off. Upon inspection it looks darker at the bottom (conduction part) and the upper 1/2 looks like it could go some more. I'm sure it's just me as early to make any accurate opinions.
I like the fact that you don't have to think about what you're doing. My first effortless vape and think I'm going to really love it. Taste is sweet.

I also wait a few minutes before throwing it back on the charger. It's probably fine but I don't like throwing hot batteries on a charger! Its just a habit i have with all battery vapes though (except the NO2 because the battery section never got hot) Who knows if it's actually anything to worry about, leftover worries from the very first laptops :lol:

I always pack my stem tight - fill it up with medium/fluffy grind and pack it down each time until there's no room left. Not so full that it's spilling out but where it ends so nothing is sticking/falling outside of the bowl. Then I get 1.5-2 full sessions out of it at heat 6 and it comes out very uniformly cooked :tup:

I also noticed the retaining ring got a lot looser since I bought mine. The stem used to sit in there really really tight but now it moves around a tiny bit.

Edit: I dont have a screen in the chamber or in the bowl section of the stem. I keep a screen most of the way down the stem to prevent particles of ABV from going into my mouth.

exit,
Reactions: Pipes

clouded vision

If you haven't tried putting a domed screen in the stem, you really should, it helps it brown more evenly and prevents the holes from getting clogged up. You will still get a thin darker layer that's next to the heater.

OF

I retired from a hydraulic shop and I have to get my buddy to check on metric O-rings to see if they are available in Viton or high-heat. A 113 oring is 9/16" inside which is .556" Metric orings are available in 14mm which is .551". These will fit perfect over the stem and are available in a number of different cross-sections. I am gonna try a couple different ones. 14x1.5 and 14x1. Guaranteed one of them will work to be able to tighten all the way done and do it's job. These sizes would be a lot easier for our European members to get also. Hopefully by next week I can do.

Sounds like a good plan to me, I looked at metric rings but the 113 fit 'ideally' on mine. Be careful of materials, Viton and normal high temp rings won't cut it, you need Silicone ones with 400F plus ratings.

The cord on the 113 is about .100 inches (2.5mm) I doubt 1.5 will be thick enough, for sure 1.0 won't. The major issue is the ID of the ring.

Good luck with it.

I'm pretty confident you're looking at 'bleed through' the masking from the lit LED below. I've seen this on all 3 units I've used. The clue is the 'ghost' comes on with the light below it, not later as would be the case if it was a real indication? Notice on power on, the number 1 LED lights blue a bit from the blue one below? There are no red/blue LEDs......the number 1 LED can only light red. The blue is bleed through.

You can also see it at each stage as it 'steps up'.

And, of course, the light level is lower with the ghost (not always easy to see). Photos should show that.

In a somewhat larger sense, what difference does it make it the Solo is functioning correctly? It's just an indicator.........

EDIT: Here's another test. Shut it down on battery power at some middle step (say 4). Then power up again and let it do battery check and drop into idle. Then press and hold the down key until the prior saved level (3) LED alone is lit....notice the 'ghost above and below that LED? That is 2 and 4 (above and below) are dimly lit. Bleedthrough.

OF

Dreamerr

OF no comment on what I wrote before? It was very loose and strange. Can the stem be that much smaller it felt ok in the normal way...normal loose.

Something strange happened today. I was giving this guy an o-ring and his stem was still really loose with it wtf. I gave him my washer that was to tight that I couldn't do anything and it still fits looser then our o-rings but tight enough. I was surprised.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

420HazeCandykushkush

I noticed when you hit the solo dry with the original stem and you close the 3 holes (on the screwcap) with your finger while taking a toke you have more vapor coming out of the stem. Somebody agrees?

420HazeCandykushkush,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I noticed when you hit the solo dry with the original stem and you close the 3 holes (on the screwcap) with your finger while taking a toke you have more vapor coming out of the stem. Somebody agrees?

I don't think so, there are so many different elements that determinate this, draw power,longevity, and the herb itself for example...

m0sh,
Top Bottom