Arizer Solo

OF

I noticed when you hit the solo dry with the original stem and you close the 3 holes (on the screwcap) with your finger while taking a toke you have more vapor coming out of the stem. Somebody agrees?

There are 8 holes in my top cap.....four small round ones, four slots? Taping all of them shut didn't seem to effect things much. Air still comes in the bottom and down around the stem (unless you have fitted an extra o-ring, or tape that up too).

Or at least it did for me.

Sorry, it'll have to be someone else......

OF no comment on what I wrote before? It was very loose and strange. Can the stem be that much smaller it felt ok in the normal way...normal loose.

Nothing to say, really, I wasn't there....

sounds pretty normal.....

For Dreamer? I agree. Then again with her 'pretty normal' can cover a lot of ground.......

OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
It shouldn't have been so loose. It was like nothing was there giving any resistance. I guess it was cut narrow. Oh forget it punchy from no forum today and hanging with the boys all day in chat.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm pretty confident you're looking at 'bleed through' the masking from the lit LED below. I've seen this on all 3 units I've used. The clue is the 'ghost' comes on with the light below it, not later as would be the case if it was a real indication? Notice on power on, the number 1 LED lights blue a bit from the blue one below? There are no red/blue LEDs......the number 1 LED can only light red. The blue is bleed through.

You can also see it at each stage as it 'steps up'.

And, of course, the light level is lower with the ghost (not always easy to see). Photos should show that.

In a somewhat larger sense, what difference does it make it the Solo is functioning correctly? It's just an indicator.........

EDIT: Here's another test. Shut it down on battery power at some middle step (say 4). Then power up again and let it do battery check and drop into idle. Then press and hold the down key until the prior saved level (3) LED alone is lit....notice the 'ghost above and below that LED? That is 2 and 4 (above and below) are dimly lit. Bleedthrough.

OF

I also think that the issue is bleed-through, but I don't see it happening on mine. It sounds like a mounting issue. I wonder if pressing gently on the faceplate changes anything.

For future reference, o colour-blind one, the LEDs aren't red, they're yellowish orange.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I don't need a stinking PN WT.
I added a clip to keep it together.
This is all I needed for the SOLO.
Oh! I forgot about the "OF" PA that works amazing!
Mac Giver lives!
$80.00 set up (all H2O fittings - Everything including GonG adapter even the PA)!
GOD'S GIFT and GIRL SCOUT COOKIES taste great!
Wow 80 bucks for jhook, k clip, jameco pa, maverick ac, and a solo that is amazing!

SSVUN~YAH,

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Ya for sure jhook hard to find with sh under twenty minimum, pa 20 could easily be 45, clip 3-5, brand name ac could easily run the 80 by itself! Good work even without solo...

SSVUN~YAH,
Reactions: ataxian

OF

Gentle Friends,

Now that our favorite Forum is back, I thought I'd report the results of an interesting issue Dreamer raised, battery life while using a PA. A while back she tried to put some numbers on the issue we've noticed (the Solo battery still needs to be charged from time to time when you use the PA) saying something like 'it goes down at least 'one light' per day of heavy use'. PA Queen she is, she'd surely know?

So I had to 'crack' the Solo once again for other reasons so I decided to check it out. The JST connectors used for the battery can be disassembled on the battery end easily. If you look carefully you'll see a little rectangular tab from the pin sticking up into a slot in the plastic retaining the pin? Pressing it down a bit lets you slide the contact and wire out. Then I inserted a piece of fine copper wire into the connector and out the slot, folded it over, and reassembled it. Then I could clip my DMM (in 10 Amp current mode) in series (one lead on the pin, the other on my test wire).

In broad terms about half an Amp of battery is needed to run the heater in PA mode. When the heater light is off, current demand from the battery is low (as you'd expect), .01 Amps, the minimum reading on my meter. However when on it jumps to .5 Amps or so. Without the PA, the current starts out 3.0 or so and rapidly (over several seconds) drops to about 2.5 as the heater warms up some. In PA mode about 2 Amps of that comes from the PA.

So, in broad terms, using the PA gives you 5 times the sessions between charges. Next time someone stops you in the street and asks, you've got the answer........

Good weekend to all, the days are already getting shorter, best to make the best of the season. For me, that means filling the bird feeders......I think I'll take the Solo along for company, never know where a trip the garden might take you.

Best wishes,

OF

jds32

Next time someone stops you in the street and asks, you've got the answer....

Thanks OF, many of us have been awake at night wondering when you'd get back to us on this. It certainly is an interesting design compromise. Care to take a shot at the justification?

Always remember: "luck favors the well prepared"

jds32

wilvape

Sounds like a good plan to me, I looked at metric rings but the 113 fit 'ideally' on mine. Be careful of materials, Viton and normal high temp rings won't cut it, you need Silicone ones with 400F plus ratings.

The cord on the 113 is about .100 inches (2.5mm) I doubt 1.5 will be thick enough, for sure 1.0 won't. The major issue is the ID of the ring.

Your right OF with the 1.5 not thick enough, what I should have said was 14x2mm. I will try this as there is a lot of different cross sections available 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5. Thanks for the tip on the material of oring , I was thinking Viton was the material but silicone makes sense. I'll see what I can find.[/quote]

OF

Thanks OF, many of us have been awake at night wondering when you'd get back to us on this. It certainly is an interesting design compromise. Care to take a shot at the justification?

Always remember: "luck favors the well prepared"

jds32

I'm not sure why, I've got a couple of ideas that need looking into some.....when I get really, really bored.

I get what you say about luck and being prepared.....with the luck I have I sure am glad I was a Boy Scout (who's motto is "Be Prepared" for those who sat it out.....)

Your right OF with the 1.5 not thick enough, what I should have said was 14x2mm. I will try this as there is a lot of different cross sections available 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5. Thanks for the tip on the material of oring , I was thinking Viton was the material but silicone makes sense. I'll see what I can find.
You're welcome, good luck in the search.

You can shave the 113 down a bit and make it fit. I 'walked' my vice grips around the ring pinching a section at a time ('from below') and shaving the part above the jaw ends off before moving it around for the next go. The top 1/4 or so seemed to work?

Ugly and a PITA, but it does work and hopefully you only need to do it once. It doesn't have to be all that uniform to work, in fact my current design has four notches on the 'bottom surface' (the side against the heater) for additional air.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

Dreamerr

Woooooooooohoooooo I was right lol.

I got the bags of bird seed but then those dumb ass pigeons come and I hate those things and they are pigs to boot.

Dreamerr,

exit

Well I mean i use the same stem all the time and half the time I put it in its a little loose and half the time its pretty locked in there.

exit,
Hey where do I buy an extra solo charger locally? Mine is still in transit from my house so I just need a second one to charge it now@!

VapeNStone,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Hey where do I buy an extra solo charger locally? Mine is still in transit from my house so I just need a second one to charge it now@!

I would guess every proper electronic store should have one like this...just take a picture of the specs and measure the pin size.

Its a standard charger...

Dreamerr

How was the move? Guess you got there safely. I Think there is a radio shack option a bunch of pages back.

Dreamerr,
Well I got here lol. Nothing went smoothly though :( I went to radio Shack yesterday but I didn't know the pin size and what not so they really couldn't help me. Guess I'll have to bring the thing in so I can get the right charger. I NEED my portable back!! I finally have all this weed and no way to vape it lol.

VapeNStone,
Reactions: OF

exit

anything 12V, 1 Amp or higher, and center positive will charge it if the plug fits, it's more common than you might think

hint 1000mA = 1 Amp ;)

MAKE SURE ITS CENTER POSITIVE!
2Mld0IG.gif

OF

I went to radio Shack yesterday but I didn't know the pin size and what not so they really couldn't help me.

Sorry to hear you're having troubles, but hopefully it'll sort out. The missing piece to the puzzle at Radio Shack is you want 4X1.7mm, what they call "Type B" in their 'adaptaplug line':
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3780266

I think you get a free adapter with the supply? The connector is also known as "EIAJ-02"

anything 12V, 1 Amp or higher, and center positive will charge it if the plug fits, it's more common than you might think

hint 1000mA = 1 Amp ;)

MAKE SURE ITS CENTER POSITIVE!

Exit's got it, center positive 12VDC at 1 Amp (1000 mA). While that supply is common, it's almost always with the 5.5X2.1mm.

Good luck. PM me if you want to try ordering it.

OF

m0sh

Well I got here lol. Nothing went smoothly though :( I went to radio Shack yesterday but I didn't know the pin size and what not so they really couldn't help me. Guess I'll have to bring the thing in so I can get the right charger. I NEED my portable back!! I finally have all this weed and no way to vape it lol.

I bet I can find the charger spec pic in few minutes...if you need so I will look into it.

m0sh,

420HazeCandykushkush

Hi, so which are the best screens for the solo gonna use it with the stock stem and 14mm GonG

Did some research, brass seems to be not so good, stainless steel screens and dome screens are better.

So what do you guys use most and what's better?

420HazeCandykushkush,

m0sh

Hi, so which are the best screens for the solo gonna use it with the stock stem and 14mm GonG

Did some research, brass seems to be not so good, stainless steel screens and dome screens are better.

Most of us uses PV screens...they are steel I think.

m0sh,

poonman

Any 0.5 inch SS screens will do .
You can always trim bigger screens down to size to fit them in .
The ' finer ' the screen , the more restrictive air flow you'll experience . imo
Here's one link .
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MNBRTE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Everything you quoted except the SOLO.

Hey ataxian ,
I got the PVHES straight stem and PVHES Gong adapter .
I did the ' side by side ' test between the stock stem and the PVHES , with the Omicron tips .
The PVHES stem wins , hands down . You can def. notice an improved air flow over the stock
stem . I will be ordering more , for sure .

I didn't get any O-rings , but I did get a screen with both glass pieces . ( plus extra Omi-tips )
I think the screens are removable , but they're wedged in there quite secure .
I'll know soon enough , when it's time for iso cleaning .
I've also noticed , the PVHES stems are thinner in glass thickness .
You can see and feel the difference in the 2 stems . They also fit inside the chamber quite looser .

Woooooooooohoooooo I was right lol.

I got the bags of bird seed but then those dumb ass pigeons come and I hate those things and they are pigs to boot.

Huh ?
I know FC was down , but what I miss ?
Bird seeds ?

poonman,
Sorry to hear you're having troubles, but hopefully it'll sort out. The missing piece to the puzzle at Radio Shack is you want 4X1.7mm, what they call "Type B" in their 'adaptaplug line':
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3780266

I think you get a free adapter with the supply? The connector is also known as "EIAJ-02"

Exit's got it, center positive 12VDC at 1 Amp (1000 mA). While that supply is common, it's almost always with the 5.5X2.1mm.

Good luck. PM me if you want to try ordering it.

OF

thank you so much. At least now i can charge it for the time being.

VapeNStone,
Top Bottom