• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Rockwise; is the Solo incapable of reaching temperatures between 50 and 185?

thanks

Tom

tdavie,

Rockwise

Rockwise
Retailer
tdavie said:

thanks

Tom

That is correct. Temp setting 1 - 50 C. Temp setting 2 - 185 C. I understand your concern about this gap in temperatures, but before you get too concerned with this, I would suggest giving it a try on the lower temp settings. Temp setting 2 is extremely light vapor. I am a very low temp vapist, and I've only used setting 2 once or twice because I found it to be too light for my preference.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
tdavie said:
Rockwise said:
What temps do the numbers represent?
Temp's are:
7 210
6 205
5 200
4 195
3 190
2 185
1 50

Do I take this correctly to mean that the Solo can not reach a temperature of less than 185 but greater than 50? If so, very big mistake. Some of the best anti inflammatory properties of MJ components are at temperatures less than 185.

Tom

We don't know if that 185C is a heater temperature or the temperature at the medicinal phytosubstrates.

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Rockwise said:
tdavie said:

thanks

Tom

That is correct. Temp setting 1 - 50 C. Temp setting 2 - 185 C. I understand your concern about this gap in temperatures, but before you get too concerned with this, I would suggest giving it a try on the lower temp settings. Temp setting 2 is extremely light vapor. I am a very low temp vapist, and I've only used setting 2 once or twice because I found it to be too light for my preference.

I have used lower temperature settings. Using my EQ I typically walk a bowl from 145-190. I think it's a gap, but given that it is what it is I won't comment further about this until I buy a unit. Peace :)

Tom

tdavie,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I start at 160C and move up by 10 to 190C usually, but again, we don't know how those numbers relate to the Extreme.

Rockwise, how much does it weigh?

darkrom

Great Scott!
Does the unit make any sound when in use? Big request here...when you show a video please do it with just talking and the vape sounds. No bar fights or techno music in the background PLEASE?

I am following this thread closely. I'm very impressed and don't mind the missing temp range so much with this particular vape. I feel my MFLB is better for the light sipping of vapor anyway. This looks like more of a hard hitter than the way I personally use my MFLB.

darkrom,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Rockwise, thank you for the information about what the temperature settings represent, but I still have some follow-up questions.

Are the temperature settings controlled by the readings of a sensor or by a set frequency of electronic pulses for each setting?

Also, do the temperature settings reflect those of the EQ (if not, then why would they make them different? ... if so, I generally use the EQ between 155C & 165C and wonder if this device may start at a temp that is too hot for me to enjoy it).

Otherwise this little, nifty gadget is quite promising.

A video with actual sound (and some common object to use to reference the size of he unit) would be nice.

Thanks for taking the time to introduce this unit and field some of our questions about it. :) I know that, if I purchase one of these, I will be ordering it from you. ;)

Progress,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
WatTyler said:

Hey Wat,

Do you own the Aromed or have you just used it? If you own it, does it make its way into your lineup often (you gotta nice list of vapes)? It was one of the first vapes I considered buying and have always wnated to try it.

(sorry for the derail...feel free to answer this in the Aromed thread...I just noticed your signature and wanted to ask.)

stickstones,

SD_haze

Since the battery charge lasts 3-4 hours, it seems like near the end it'd get hard to gauge when its done.
Seems like a battery indicator would be a big plus, considering @ $300 this should be a high-end portable vape compared to most of the others out there. :2c:

Digging the all glass pathway in my pocket though !!

SD_haze,

steiner666

Serial vapist
yeah a charge indicator is pretty essential IMO, especially when you're using the device for something that, at least for me anyway, usually messes with my sense of time. i could see myself compulsively charging the battery to be safe, but constant partial discharges/recharges arent good for most types of batteries...

in the end i think it will be actual quality and lifespan of the battery that makes this vape a good deal or not. at $300, im definitely not planning on trying it personally though, there isnt anything that special or expensive about the unit itself to justify that sort of price from what i can tell. It's basically a smaller vapolution as i see it, as far as actual usage goes. If the battery truly lasts 3-4 hours straight of maintaining actual vaping temps, i guess i could see it being worth it to some people though but IME, official battery life ratings are usually at least 2x what people actually can get out of them, so i'm skeptical.

but when my need for portable vaping is satisfied by a <$100 vape already, a glass airpath and pure convection isnt worth the extra $200 and added risk of breakable parts. IMO At $150-$200 i'd buy one up tho. plus i think if the things cost $300, the use while you charge type adapter should be included.

Willeh

I am not personally to worried about the charge as I feel I only spend 50-60 minutes tops in a day on the vape. It takes under two to heat up then a bowl can be vaped in less than 5 minutes if you focus on it. I usually have 3-4 10-20 minute sessions throughout the day, and usually average 0.75-1g vaped a day depending on how much I share. I assume I'll be able to go a full day without needing to charge, even in a couple of years the battery life is only an hour (or a quarter their projection).

I am expecting slightly restrictive airflow or generally 'smaller' tokes compared to a desktop. Especially since it is a screenless design. It will be interesting to see how two holes fare at spreading the heat throughout the bowl, and how much airflow it manages it keep. My guess is arizer made this move to move away from the fast clogging dome screens that required cleaning between every few sessions. I assume you can still throw a pipe-screen in there for kief no problem. My grinder luckily doesn't powder too much anyway and I assume this will work best with more coarsely ground herbs.

I personally do feel this is worth a lot more than my magic-flight launchbox or vaporgenie, if my water pipe adapter idea works out (I have made relatively unsatisfying water pipe adapters for both the former and the latter vaporizers). I plan on sliding a 2 inch clipping of the 3/8'' ID dabuddha tubing over the 1/2'' mouthpiece to make an airtight adaptor for 14mm waterpipes. I'll pay 300$ for portable satisfying waterfiltered vaporization without fire.

Anyway, there's no way for me to know any of this until it gets here! Sadly paypal has decided to launch an 'inquiry' into my transaction and is holding the money, demanded a bunch of personal information, and has had the transaction on temporary hold for four days now, and it wont be shipped until paypal decides to release my money... :rolleyes:

Edit: I got paypal to release the funds, though it took 45 minutes of phone time being transferred department to department, and they all spoke with accents making it hard to comprehend after too much vaping :/ . So long as Canada post doesn't strike too much, I should have a solid review and maybe even some videos of this coming up in a week and a half.

Willeh,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
SD_haze said:
Since the battery charge lasts 3-4 hours, it seems like near the end it'd get hard to gauge when its done.
Seems like a battery indicator would be a big plus, considering @ $300 this should be a high-end portable vape compared to most of the others out there. :2c:

The battery is Lithium Ion. The discharge curve is similar to NiMh, in that there is a slight drop at the beginning, then the discharge is pretty constant until there is a sharp drop at the end of the cycle. The problem is telling how much you have left before the power disappears. I'd expect a sudden and possibly frustrating end of charge. Beta testers might like to comment here.

Li-Ion batteries don't have a memory. What they do have is a permanent loss of capacity every charging cycle. This problem is accentuated in a high demand application, which the Solo surely must be. The pertinent questions then are:

1. What is the expected life of the Li-Ion battery pack?
2. What will it cost to replace them?
3. Can the user replace the batteries or are we stuck with Apple-think?

pakalolo,

steiner666

Serial vapist
pakalolo said:
SD_haze said:

The battery is Lithium Ion. The discharge curve is similar to NiMh, in that there is a slight drop at the beginning, then the discharge is pretty constant until there is a sharp drop at the end of the cycle. The problem is telling how much you have left before the power disappears. I'd expect a sudden and possibly frustrating end of charge. Beta testers might like to comment here.

Li-Ion batteries don't have a memory. What they do have is a permanent loss of capacity every charging cycle. This problem is accentuated in a high demand application, which the Solo surely must be. The pertinent questions then are:

1. What is the expected life of the Li-Ion battery pack?
2. What will it cost to replace them?
3. Can the user replace the batteries or are we stuck with Apple-think?

exactly what i was saying, if the battery dies in a year and costs $100 to be replaced or something crazy like that, plus the initial buy in price of $300, plus the charge and use adapter... just kinda steep. But if the battery lasts a long ass time and/or is cheap to replace it wont be as bad. if it lasts a long time AND is cheap to replace, that would make it a decent deal. all comes down to battery life, as in how long each charge is and how many charges you'll get. i just dont like the guessing game of not having a charge indicator, othher than that it looks like a solid design/

steiner666,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I still want this but I MUST see a video of it in use from bowl pack to ABV and most importantly with sound. Then I'd be ready to give it a shot.

darkrom,

max

Out to lunch
steiner666 said:
if the battery dies in a year and costs $100 to be replaced or something crazy like that, plus the initial buy in price of $300, plus the charge and use adapter... just kinda steep.

Rockwise said:
We can replace the batteries no problem. The cost of parts/labor to do it is $95.00 (+ tax & shipping)

$100 to replace the battery, whether that's shipping it someplace, or just user replaceable (doesn't sound like it), would be a deal breaker for me.

max,

staliNN

Hi all first post here.

Guess there is no way to avoid looking like a shill but as an owner of an arizer extreme, the solo is amazing.

Mine arrived yesterday and I used it from around 1 am to 6 AM, then again tonight for 30 mins before it died.

It was NOT on for 6hrs and 30 mins.. but at temp 2 (which is all you need for herbs) it must have lasted 4 as others cited.

Heats up in about 1 min absolute max... usually I get vapor within like 30 seconds.

Hefty... well built and solid aluminum finish that is not shown well in photos.

My friend with the MFLB though it was equally amazing and is considering selling his to a buddy to buy a solo.

Really... other than no charge and vape (right now anyways) it is a pretty solid product... minus bag ability haha.

It feels expensive and looks sleek. No one is going to think it was cheap and it doesnt feel or perform cheaply so while the price does indeed suck... you get what you paid for.

Cheers

EDIT:

vape is not as "fresh" as the extreme and I think it is because the of the way the bowl works on the solo. However at temp 2, it never burns and the flavour/potency is directly comparable to the extreme. At higher than temp 2 I found it to be too hot and will only use higher temps for resins.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
staliNN said:
Hi all first post here.

Guess there is no way to avoid looking like a shill but as an owner of an arizer extreme, the solo is amazing.

Mine arrived yesterday and I used it from around 1 am to 6 AM, then again tonight for 30 mins before it died.

It was NOT on for 6hrs and 30 mins.. but at temp 2 (which is all you need for herbs) it must have lasted 4 as others cited.

Heats up in about 1 min absolute max... usually I get vapor within like 30 seconds.

Hefty... well built and solid aluminum finish that is not shown well in photos.

My friend with the MFLB though it was equally amazing and is considering selling his to a buddy to buy a solo.

Really... other than no charge and vape (right now anyways) it is a pretty solid product... minus bag ability haha.

It feels expensive and looks sleek. No one is going to think it was cheap and it doesnt feel or perform cheaply so while the price does indeed suck... you get what you paid for.

Cheers

EDIT:

vape is not as "fresh" as the extreme and I think it is because the of the way the bowl works on the solo. However at temp 2, it never burns and the flavour/potency is directly comparable to the extreme. At higher than temp 2 I found it to be too hot and will only use higher temps for resins.

Welcome to fc! Glad to hear your review...could you possibly post an accompanying video? That would be great! Mostly want to see the unit, bowl setup etc and vapor production....

Purpl3_Haz3,

staliNN

Yeah I will try this weekend. I have never posted any videos up on youtube or anything but it can't be too hard.

staliNN,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Just ordered mine! Can't wait to try it out! My wife won't let me bring the supreme out anymore and I got rid of my no2 a while ago so I haven't been able to Vape on the go for quite some time. My past experience with Arizer has gotten me very excited about this unit!

stonemonkey55,
Reactions: JoeKickass

vapeinacape

Hello. I have an 8 minute HD video, 1 take, of many of the things members are requesting to see.
Before I upload to youtube, are there any rules I should be aware of in terms of content of the video?

Mods pls advise. :peace:

vapeinacape,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Good man! (or lady). I'm no mod, but would love to see the video, and can't wait. Happy to be corrected, but I don't believe there are any FC limitations on what you link to or put up on You Tube. FC Rules

8 min of HD will maybe take a while for You Tube to process? What are you waiting for! :lol:

WatTyler,

Vitolo

Vaporist
stonemonkey55 said:
Just ordered mine! Can't wait to try it out! My wife won't let me bring the supreme out anymore and I got rid of my no2 a while ago so I haven't been able to Vape on the go for quite some time. My past experience with Arizer has gotten me very excited about this unit!
Just a bit curious....
You say you just ordered yours... you can't wait to try it out.
But according to Youtube, YOU made the video!
I am just saying..... :uhoh:

Vitolo,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Vitolo said:
stonemonkey55 said:
Just a bit curious....
You say you just ordered yours... you can't wait to try it out.
But according to Youtube, YOU made the video!
I am just saying..... :uhoh:

If you can link meto the video I would love to see it but I'm pretty sure you have me mistaken for someone else....

@vapeincape - there are no real rules for your video other than just keeping it Rated R or lower ;)

stonemonkey55,
Top Bottom