• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

Vitolo

Vaporist
My bad! His vid was just so "pro" .. I got lost in the titles, and forgot which unit I was looking for!
(that's a compliment stonemonkey!)

Vitolo,

Rockwise

Rockwise
Retailer
Sorry I'm not quoting the original questions, but I've got a few more answers here:

Q. How Much does it weigh?
A. 0.4 Lbs

Q. Does the unit make any sound when in use?
A. No

Q. Do the temperatures reflect those of the EQ?
A. Yes, but the heater design is quite a bit different, the Solo is more efficient and accurate. The EQ temp settings are an average of three heat sensors strategically placed around the air flow and heater. The Solo heater is a very unique design and the temp settings are the most accurate vape temps I have encountered. When attached to the unit, the bat chamber is completely surrounded by the ceramic heater so the glass and herbals all heat up quite evenly.
Side Note: I would love to hear user feedback about this rather than speculation. Anyone who has a Solo or plans to buy one, please let me know your thoughts on accuracy of temp settings and unit efficiency.

vapeinacape

I dont have any way to read the temps, but typically the herbals dehydrate evenly, never any need to stir.
HD video will be up in 20 minutes.

vapeinacape,

vapeinacape

Video Description:

Shown are some of the contents of the box. You get two glass tubes (only one shown in vid), a glass bowl, a bag of Wild Flower, and of course the Solo itself. I have placed a regular Bic lighter next to it for scale.

Note when you turn the unit on it does flash the remaining battery level for a momment. Holding the down arrow resulted in it reloading my favorite heat setting, number 4.

I usually only put in a .1 instead of a .2, but hey, thats what I grabbed and I wasnt going to complain. The unit only ran for roughly five minutes (three if you dont count heatup time) and as you can see the 4 hits was nowhere near enough to get it all vaped. Well before the full 12 minute auto shutoff, though, the after-product resembles tobacco in colour (I can upload a picture).

Cleaning the tube is the only maitenance so far and for that I use warm water and a light isopropyl alcohol spray, as small particles do tend to get sucked into the tube through the two small holes.

The first charge took a little under 4 hours, the unit came out of the box with about 10 minutes of charge before dieing. First full charge has not depleated yet so cant say how many minutes of use a full charge is, but since its rechargeable I assume this will change over the life of the product anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEPYwHhrxzk

jetdoc420

Being a purchaser of Arizer's V-Tower and Extreme Q 4.0 2011 models of vaporizers, I'd have to say.... if I'm anymore satisfied with "The Solo" (when I purchase it :brow: ) than I am with the aforementioned Arizer models, I'll be ECSTATIC. I know there's a lot of Volcano people on here, but there's NOTHING that the Volcano does that the Arizer Extreme Q doesn't also do, and for a whole helluva lot less $$$$ too. I've tried SO MANY different Vapes, both portable and plug-ins and if it weren't for the Extreme Q, I wouldn't have gotten one. First of all, I couldn't see spending $700 on a Volcano and I WOULDN'T spend $700 on ANY kind of vaporizer. Second the others that I'd tried didn't really turn me on, IYKWIM? For what I purchased my Extreme Q for, compared to the cost of the Volcano, I was able to purchase quite a bit more product to vape through it, than I'd have been able to, if I purchased the Volcano. I'd have had to wait til the 2nd Quarter of the year in order to be able to AFFORD product after purchasing the Volcano, ya know? :lol: :lol:

So bottom line is, this is NOT going to be sold for $300 ONLY! I'd venture to guess that these will be found on e-bay before too long for a lot less $$$....... a lot less. If they're serializing each of them, that's great but my Extreme Q and V-Tower both have serial numbers, so IMHO, that's not going to stop the importers/exporters from selling them. I mean honestly, if you want something bad enough and you're willing to look for it, purchase a HUGE Quantity of them with promise of repeat business..... SOMEONE'S gonna sell it to you. Sorry.... not trying to be a "Kiljoy", I'm just a REALIST

jetdoc420,
Good video.. That loud-ass beep when you turn on the unit should be designed out by Rockwise, that could be problematic given the stealth nature of the vape.

Also, it seems that designing a stem with a GonG joint instead of a mouthpiece (a simple and inexpensive task most likely given the abundance of glass provided with the Extreme) would allow effortless vape bonging.

vapeinacape said:
If you hold down the UP button it turns off all sounds. I just wanted to let y'all hear it.

Bitching.

I'd probably buy this vape within the next few weeks if the price wasn't out of my range.

charliedontsurf,
Reactions: JoeKickass

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
vapeworld is selling Extreme-Qs for $155 fully warranted, thru their ebay site warehousegoodsonline, add $84 for portable battery pack and maybe FC discount to make it a heck of a nice deal. Not as stealthy but portable power and reliability of Extreme-Q.

Silver420Surfer,

jetdoc420

Silver420Surfer said:
vapeworld is selling Extreme-Qs for $155 fully warranted, thru their ebay site warehousegoodsonline, add $84 for portable battery pack and maybe FC discount to make it a heck of a nice deal. Not as stealthy but portable power and reliability of Extreme-Q.

That's what I'm talkin about. I got my Extreme Q 4.0 fully warranted, (how do I know? I had to warranty a problem.) They sent me a new one.... for LESS than $155 on e-bay. About $30 cheaper SHIPPING Included. So like I said, SOMEONE will sell them for a lot less and make their money in volume. Hell, if I had the $$$ I'D DO IT!!! :brow:

jetdoc420,

lwien

I'm not quite sure I understand what is going on here.

Arizer made it quite clear in the Extreme thread in an email that Extreme's sold below the 299 dollar price point were done so by unauthorized dealers and as such, their warranties would be null and void. How can VapeWorld bypass this restriction by just using another name on Ebay?

lwien,

Rockwise

Rockwise
Retailer
This EQ discussion would be more suitable in the EQ thread. Nevertheless, I will quickly respond about the $299 minimum advertised price. All units have always had serial numbers. Only recently have the units been Individually serialized, meaning every single unit has a unique serial number. This is the beginning of tracking the movement of units to clamp down on retailers who are selling below the authorized retail pricing. The main problem, and reason there has been units available below MAP (minimum advertised price) for so long is that retailers with multiple business names and addresses get cut off and simply re-order under a new or different business name and address, and it was impossible to track the flow of units. Arizer does not want their products, brand, or warranty service devalued by retailers who sell their products for cheap but provide no service for their customers. If you like Arizer products and wish to see them continue to manufacture products and innovate/create new products, supporting them by ONLY purchasing from Authorized Arizer Dealers who abide by the MAP is very important. By purchasing your unit for $160 from someone who will not help you out if you need help, you ultimately make things harder and more expensive for yourself if you need your unit serviced. By purchasing from Authorized Arizer Dealers, you get the added benefit of knowing you can receive full service on your unit locally, rather than shipping back and forth to Ontario if service is required --saving you time and money on service and shipping.

lwien

Rockwise, I don't necessarily agree that this issue is more suitable for the EQ thread because the same dynamics that that apply to the Extreme in regards to factory warranty service applies here as well, no?

My question is this. If VapeWord is trying to do an end run by offering vapes below map pricing simply by offering them under another company name on Ebay, why do they not lose their Arizer franchise? Why does Arizer continue to sell them product?

(to the mods, if you agree that this topic does not belong in this thread, I'd be more than willing to start another just on this topic, because I think gray market pricing is worthy of discussion, eh?)

Willeh

I've got a quick question about the function of the vape. Does the bat 'snap' into place? (it almost seemed like it did in vapeinacape's video), and if it does, could you invert it without it falling out?

Willeh,

vapeinacape

Willeh said:
I've got a quick question about the function of the vape. Does the bat 'snap' into place? (it almost seemed like it did in vapeinacape's video), and if it does, could you invert it without it falling out?

no it doesnt snap in, it will fall out

vapeinacape,

Vitolo

Vaporist
lwien said:
I think gray market pricing is worthy of discussion, eh?
I talked to "A Vaporizer Company" when they began stopping the warranties on units sold for less by previously authorized distributors. They still kept selling to them (of course they want money).
I asked "If they are not authorized Distributors, and you still sold them units... what did you think they were going to do with them... Eat the 2000 units for lunch?"

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yeah, I really don't understand why a manufacturer would sell products at a wholesale price (in bulk no doubt) and then call the very people they sold the products to "un-authorized re-sellers". If they are not "authorized" to resell the product, why did you sell to them at a wholesale cost in the first place???
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

lwien

Stu said:
Yeah, I really don't understand why a manufacturer would sell products at a wholesale price (in bulk no doubt) and then call the very people they sold the products to "un-authorized re-sellers". If they are no "authorized" to resell the product, why did you sell to them at a wholesale cost in the first place???

In VapeWorlds case, they are authorized, so what more than likely happened is that VapoWorld purchased the product from Arizer, and then VapeWorld took a portion of that product and moved it sideways to their other Ebay affiliated company to be sold at a discount. The thing that's really odd is that this is soooo transparent, I'm a bit surprised that Arizer is allowing this to happen being that they openly state their warranty restrictions.

If this is happening with the Extreme, I see no reason why this wouldn't also happen with the Solo.

lwien,

jetdoc420

Sorry guys.... I didn't mean to cause a crap storm. I really didn't. I was just to me... stating the obvious. Rockwise, I understand exactly what you're saying and I agree with you in a perfect world. I just don't understand how some people are able to sell them for this, yet others can't? Let's say it cost you a Vaporizer in warranty once out of 500 units. They're STILL making a crap load of money and purchasing TENS of THOUSANDS of units in a year from the OEM. They ask some to play by the rules, yet those with A LOT of money, can purchase as many as they want in bulk and still sell them at a profit. I know that y'all SHOULD be paying the same price for them, but you're not. If you are and STILL selling it at that $299 price, then shame on ya. The American consumer will be loyal only til it starts to hurt. At that time, screw it, it's every man for himself. So you're telling me that I should go ahead and purchase from VapeWorld, etc... at their INFLATED price just out of principle? I wish I had the $$$ to do that sorta thing, and if this were 2005, I'd tell ya to go for it and I'd buy one on "principle". But in 2011, I've got to save every penny I can just to SURVIVE! Disability doesn't allow me to be so principled anymore. Before that I learned to live within my means and SAVE some $$$. Now I spend it all in the grocery store or at the Gas pump. More prudent use of my resources in today's economy. I'm really not trying to cause a "Crap Storm", I'm just asking what I think are obvious questions to ask. :2c: :peace:

jetdoc420,

lwien

I agree Jet.

Rockwise said:
If you like Arizer products and wish to see them continue to manufacture products and innovate/create new products, supporting them by ONLY purchasing from Authorized Arizer Dealers who abide by the MAP is very important.

And I don't agree with the above quote.

It is not the consumers responsibility to keep a manufacture viable. It is the manufacturers responsibility to keep themselves viable and if they need to maintain MAP pricing to accomplish this, than they need to do what they need to do to do that. Allowing VapeWorld to move their product sideways to an alternate distribution channel does not serve their purpose in this regard. It's always a balancing act of moving volume and yet still be able maintain their desired pricing structure, but to imply that it is the consumers responsibility to help maintain this pricing structure is, in my opinion, totally misplaced.

And to carry it a bit further, I don't think that VapeWorld is really doing anything wrong either. VapeWorlds responsability is to be profitable, and if they can buy large quantities of vapes, therefore being able to negotiate volume discounts, and the way they accomplish this is by having two distribution channels, one of which can offer heavy discounts to the consumer, and if the manufacturer does not do anything to control that, than I say.............more power to them.

The responsibility totally falls on Arizer. And believe me, after working in the consumer electronics field for decades and having to deal with gray market distribution headquartered offshore, I know that this is no easy task.

On the other hand, I sure do like the looks of the Solo. :)

Stu said:
Yeah, I really don't understand why a manufacturer would sell products at a wholesale price (in bulk no doubt) and then call the very people they sold the products to "un-authorized re-sellers". If they are no "authorized" to resell the product, why did you sell to them at a wholesale cost in the first place???

Awesome points hilariously stated.

I think alot of us simply think a 300 dollar and up vape needs to be completely earth shattering or include something of fat additional worth, like the VXC is going to provide with its beautiful glass tubes and dense cloud abilities. We don't have that kind of cash. 300 dollars, with no promise of long term battery reliability especially, seems a bitter pill to swallow. If the Solo had Extreme Q ebay pricing, a product whose MAP is at a similar (indentical?) point, I'd of already bought one.

charliedontsurf,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
lwien said:
I agree Jet.

Rockwise said:
If you like Arizer products and wish to see them continue to manufacture products and innovate/create new products, supporting them by ONLY purchasing from Authorized Arizer Dealers who abide by the MAP is very important.

And I don't agree with the above quote.

It is not the consumers responsibility to keep a manufacture viable. It is the manufacturers responsibility to keep themselves viable and if they need to maintain MAP pricing to accomplish this, than they need to do what they need to do to do that. Allowing VapeWorld to move their product sideways to an alternate distribution channel does not serve their purpose in this regard. It's always a balancing act of moving volume and yet still be able maintain their desired pricing structure, but to imply that it is the consumers responsibility to help maintain this pricing structure is, in my opinion, totally misplaced.

And to carry it a bit further, I don't think that VapeWorld is really doing anything wrong either. VapeWorlds responsability is to be profitable, and if they can buy large quantities of vapes, therefore being able to negotiate high volume discounts, and the way they accomplish this is by having two distribution channels, one of which can offer heavy discounts to the consumer, and if the manufacturer does not do anything to control that, than I say.............more power to them.

The responsibility totally falls on Arizer. And believe me, after working in the consumer electronics field for decades and having to deal with gray market distribution headquartered offshore, I know that this is no easy task.

On the other hand, I sure do like the looks of the Solo. :)

Welcome to the party lwien, have to agree with you.

IAmKrazy2,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Vitolo said:
My bad! His vid was just so "pro" .. I got lost in the titles, and forgot which unit I was looking for!
(that's a compliment stonemonkey!)

Vitolo - no worries, I figured you just had me mistaken for someone else but appreciate the kudos, I changed the video in my signature just to give you a little more eye candy.

Re - authorized dealers - I agree that it is not up to the consumer to figure out who they should be buying from other than finding the best deal. With that said, I bought my Solo from Rockwise because of his presence on his board and being an all around good guy. I'm also the type of guy that tends to go to mom and pop shops to support them even if I could get a slightly better deal at PetSmart or Starbucks. Lot's of good lessons to be learned from this for my very own launch and even more reason why we are keeping our distribution channels as limited as possible.

Not to derail this track any further - that was a great video of the Solo in action, makes me even more excited to get my unit.

stonemonkey55,

vapeinacape

I think we're losing sight of the point here... if you are unhappy with a manufacturers relationship with a distributor you are free to spend your money elseware. But dont think for a second Arizer is in the business of not generating revenue like any other company out there. They must need to make decisions in the best interest of not only their brand image but their employees as well, and I dont think we're in any place to fully understand all the implications.

Until you can show me a smaller, better vape for under 300, they are in the posistion to do whatever they like. Thats what being a market leader is, and after using this product for a few days now that is exactly my oppinion of what they are.

ps. glad you liked the vid.... i wanted to run it for the full 12 minute cycle but at 720p it would have taken 2 years to upload :) 12 minutes is too long anyway, im usually really messed up by then!

vapeinacape,
Top Bottom