Arizer Solo

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Ive got a 102 Black SS that is perfect except that it will rarely shut off way before 12 minutes has elapsed

CentiZen,

THCMuscle

Do all Solos of every kind make that noise while heating? I was performing another burnout on mine and I thought maybe I had gotten use to the noise because I couldn't hear it, i put my ear up close to it, and then lightly blew into the bowl and BAM the noise came back on again. Its definitely related to the heatup cycle. It leaves my ears very tender for about 20 min.

THCMuscle,

steiner666

Serial vapist
THCMuscle said:
Do all Solos of every kind make that noise while heating? I was performing another burnout on mine and I thought maybe I had gotten use to the noise because I couldn't hear it, i put my ear up close to it, and then lightly blew into the bowl and BAM the noise came back on again. Its definitely related to the heatup cycle. It leaves my ears very tender for about 20 min.

both my solos do it, i think they pretty much all do. it happens when the heater is actually running, whenever it needs to keep it within a certain range of the temp you set it to. thats why you'll hear it kick in a second or two after you start hitting, to compensate for the cooling effect of your draw. i can hear it plain as day, but it doesnt bother me, but i never vape in silence because silence bothers me. :cool:

steiner666,

THCMuscle

Well having this beautiful vape sitting here encouraged me to try to push through the noise. I let it burn-out sitting right next to me for 4-5 cycles and I am much more accustomed to the sound right now. I can still hear it clear as day, but its not as irritating. I wish it wasn't there, but I may be able to live with it.

So far I have put 1 stem through it and I'm quite impressed! It does have a heavy plastic smell though, so I will be performing an ISO wipe tomorrow and I will report back!

THCMuscle,

treecityrnd

vaplexus said:
Seizure time! But nice set up :)

Purchased my Solo about a week ago from PIU. Still waiting...I asked for the m105 and Randy said they were out of stock. Keeping my fingers crossed for a weekend surprise. I'll report back smell, etc. ASAP.

Nice THC, habituation is a beautiful thing. I've got that ultrasonic hearing range too from signal detection training. It's a bitch. I couldn't sleep for days after my new cable box arrived because it was emitting +20,000Hz frequencies.

Thanks everyone for the info. Great pics boobs.

treecityrnd,

vape4life

Banned for life
I too have the ultrasonic hearing range, CRT tv's KILL me! Anyways, they don't all do it. My very first solo didn't do it at first, and then it got really bad (only when heating), this solo also stunk horribly and had major chemical after taste. My replacement ceramic m102 (which samsquanch now owns) is flawless and never had that sound. Maybe samsquanch can chime in though because I can't remember if I put it up to my ear or not. Regardless, if you have to do that I still don't think it's an issue. Also m105 SS did not have the sound for me.

THC thanks for your input on the Solo...it's in line with most other's experiences. If the chemical burn in smell doesn't go away in a bunch of cycles, i'd want a warranty exchange. Smell, taste, and airflow are pretty big considerations for a vape.

vape4life,

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
Great photos, Iloveboobs. Where did you get that GonG adapter?
(My oh my, I love pie!)
Thanx

Papa Woody,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
M102 - no sound issues at all .

With my EQ , ya , I can hear it when it heats up sometimes but I find its dependent of its location in regards to other electronic devices . Computers and amplifiers and anything with a rotating electrical motor (fans) are the worse source I find to affect my EQ . Mind you my EQ worked itself to this state . Out of the box there were no sound issues . Is the intensity of sound coming off the solo affected by other sources around it ?

Does anyone know what the specs are on the AC adapter ? , not the specs on the included charger .

ilovebOObs - nice attachment , the exact direction I will be going in . I was messing around with an EQ elbow and the stem but the right angle was a pita .

Samsquanch,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
thanks for the compliments, I just started to get into photography so I really enjoy taking those pics.
I made it out of an 18mm adapter from my eclipse kit and just use some tubing to attach it, sorry if I made it sound like it was custom glass or something fancy, hehehe
I actually like this setup, if not using it with my bong i can just pull the adapter out and use the tubing like a mouth piece, put on some cherry chap stick and i gots me flavored tips, hahahah but seriously the mouth piece feels nice and doesn't dry my lips as much as just the plan glass imo.

pc020623.jpg

pc020624.jpg

pc020625.jpg

ilovebOObs,

ilovebOObs

Samsquanch said:
M102 - no sound issues at all .

With my EQ , ya , I can hear it when it heats up sometimes but I find its dependent of its location in regards to other electronic devices . Computers and amplifiers and anything with a rotating electrical motor (fans) are the worse source I find to affect my EQ . Mind you my EQ worked itself to this state . Out of the box there were no sound issues . Is the intensity of sound coming off the solo affected by other sources around it ?

Does anyone know what the specs are on the AC adapter ? , not the specs on the included charger .

Phineas T. Freakears said:
Here are the specs read from the AC Adapter:

QILI POWER
MODEL: QL-09005-B0855000F
INPUT: AC 100-240V 50/60Hz 1.5A
OUTPUT: 8.5V 5000mA
LISTED 56HG E239831

here u go

ilovebOObs,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
^^^^thanks^^^^

Now thats gonna be a task to find an alternative with those values , damn , got me by the nads , I hate that feeling . Got us good for another $50

ok one more power question then . Are the batteries part of the circuit when using the above mentioned adapter ? Could you technically pull the batteries out and just run it off the AC adapter (like a laptop) or do the batteries need to be there to complete the circuit (like in an electric shaver) ?

Samsquanch,

darkrom

Great Scott!
charliedontsurf said:
Vaperlock said:
Regarding the reported smells, we have all customers who report smells or tastes send in their units for testing and we are unable to detect any smells or taste from any returned unit, let alone any unit at all. Nevertheless, we take such reports seriously and in most cases replace those units with new ones to keep our customers happy.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Arizer Tech
service@arizer.com"

Eh... I don't believe that that for one second. All three of my solos started out stinking, and only one has ended up stink free. Either everyone at Arizer has had their noses blown off in a terrible industrial accident or they just love to lie. At least they're replacing units, but they do so while basically implying that anyone with a stinky solo is making it up.

Edit: harsh words redacted.

They have been good about replacing units that don't require an expensive design change. The bowl changing to SS was something they could do easily. If the units stink/taste/gas/make noises by design then they would have to completely redo their whole product. I feel like they would not be willing to do this regardless of any issues they see quite honestly. They are already selling for about half the price they asked originally, and from the reports on here it's pretty much 2 for the price of one since the ceramic seems to go for MOST (not all) solos based on the population of this site (which doesn't mean real world numbers I know, but at the same time we aren't all just super unlucky because we happen to be members here). I mean they STILL don't even advertise this vape.

In the end the sad thing about this vaporizer is that they deny the smell issue. I find it literally impossible that NO ONE at arizer smells the vapes that get sent back in. I had a stinky solo that 100% of my friends and I were able to smell from a distance. Maybe they just really smell so many stinky solos that they forget what clean smells like? I find it honestly insulting that they would make a claim like this. It is basically calling everyone who sent in a robo fart solo a liar. Sending out a new replacement of a defective product is not the solution. I've been waiting for a re-design, but I give up at this point. It is obvious that the concerns some of us have will never be fixed if they don't even view them as real issues.

darkrom,

ilovebOObs

Samsquanch said:
^^^^thanks^^^^

Now thats gonna be a task to find an alternative with those values , damn , got me by the nads , I hate that feeling . Got us good for another $50

ok one more power question then . Are the batteries part of the circuit when using the above mentioned adapter ? Could you technically pull the batteries out and just run it off the AC adapter (like a laptop) or do the batteries need to be there to complete the circuit (like in an electric shaver) ?

yeah i wish i knew, but sadly i don't have one of those chargers. especially now that i have 2 solos, I don't really see a need for one, since I will always have atleast 1 fully charged at all times.

ilovebOObs,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Found an equivalent power source .

A PS2 slim ac adapter - 8.5 v 5000 ma , just gotta throw on a new end connector to match the solo

will report back my findings later

Samsquanch,

THCMuscle

I wiped down my solo this morning and much of the smell went away. After another burnout the smell is so minimal I don't care about it. I didn't get much/any residue from the inside of the can, but a decent amount from the screw off cap.

I have now run 3 lightly loaded stems through the solo and I am very very impressed. This thing is extremely efficient, tastes great and is pretty elegant in design. The clouds are better than any other vape I've tried.

I'll post a full review and pictures in a few days

THCMuscle,
Samsquanch said:

A PS2 slim ac adapter - 8.5 v 5000 ma , just gotta throw on a new end connector to match the solo

Someone tried this earlier and his solo just stopped working.

biojuggernaut,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Samsquanch said:

Perhaps you should read the thread mate. This has already been tried. Some work, some don't, some melt, some kill Solo's.

OhTheAgony,

Kaptan

Samsquanch said:

Other members have already gone this route with varying results. One stated the power supply brick got uncomfortably warm and was melting. YMMV

Kaptan,

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
Thanks Iloveboobs, now that I can see what you did to make your adaptor in your new photos, it is a simple solution easily done.

Papa Woody,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Kaptan said:
Samsquanch said:

Other members have already gone this route with varying results. One stated the power supply brick got uncomfortably warm and was melting. YMMV

That would be me, and that happened when the brick was just plugged into a power strip. It wasn't even in use and was maybe plugged for 1.5-2hrs and the melting/warping is physically noticeable. That combined with the general cheapness of those power supplies makes it worth it to just buy the $40 one Arizer sells if you use your solo enough.

aesthyrian,
Top Bottom