Arizer Solo

darebear999

I know I don't have to but when what was essentially a witty barb against someone most of us will admit was being a real jerk is removed and met with the email "Your comment serves no purpose, other than to escalate arguing. Please stick to the thread topic or refrain from posting." that tells me the moderator here has no sense of humor and probably isn't all that bright. I prefer to communicate in a genuine open forum of real ideas rather than this kinda BS.:rolleyes:

Modnote: You need to review the rules if you choose to return when your ban expires. Here are some rules that you've broken after multiple warnings:

Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.

No selling or soliciting items on the forum.

No flaming.

If you feel someone is breaking the rules or causing some kind of problem, don't try to deal with it yourself. Use the Report feature located near the lower right of each post.

darebear999,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
steven22 said:
quick question, do all the stems have the same diameter?.. the ones that came with the ceramic and the new ones that come with the SS.

so pretty much its the new SS bowl itself that was revised to help the stems fit properly?.

or was the stems that were changed to sit better?

thanks

----

Does anyone think there could be something related to the color of the solos and smells?... (black units being smellers)

The diameter of the bowls didn't change as far I can tell, but the depth of the bowl certainly did and now you can pack more into a bowl. All of my 2 hole stems has smaller bowls, and now the 4 hole stems have deeper bowls. Since Arizer has said that they are no longer making 2 hole stems, you better go buy up some old 2 hole stems if you like a smaller bowl.

And the Ceramic to SS change had nothing to do with the stems fitting, it was to address a problem with the ceramic coating flaking off. They are now only producing SS versions.

darebear999 said:
The moderator here is obviously an idiot so peace out everyone. Enjoy the nazi forum!

Ok see ya! Btw when you say you're leaving you usually don't post two more comments afterward. So you staying or going? If you stay It would be nice to see you post something relevant to vaping, instead of empty threats of leaving this forum. And please, double posting is against the "nazi" forum rules!

aesthyrian,

Vaperlock

Okay so let me put some things to rest. I am communicating with Kevin at Arizer letting him know what is going on in the world of Solo users on the forum in the hopes that it will help somehow. I also want to make sure that I get the most greatest and wonderful unit sent back as well (with a selfishly wide grin)

This should put a lot of things to rest if you believe what Kevin is stating. Myself I'm being neutral and reporting what is being said and letting you guys decide for yourselves. No spin over here just fair and balanced reporting ;)

"Kevin

I thought you'd be interested to know I am taking a survey asking Solo customers certain questions to see if there is a commonality amongst the issues that you're probably aware of. Here are the issues known to me at least:

1. Ceramic heater chipping
2. Glass stem too loose
3. A vague electronic smell that comes through the vaping experience
4. AC adapter plug too lose and coming out easily

So far with a small sample M105 seems to be putting out a much smaller smell that typically goes away quickly upon one cycle without cleaning the unit with iso-alcohol or baking the plastic. Yes that is being discussed openly on the forum to help rid the smell.

The M105 has a tighter stem which is excellent news. The chipping ceramic heater issue is still unknown as I don't have enough information from the survey. I also don't know if you have looked into fixing the AC adapter jack (female).

I hope this helps and obviously I'm going to want the same unit that seem to be getting these issues fixed and hopefully the AC adapter issue rectified

regards

Don"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hello Don,

Thank you for your email. I appreciate you taking the time to report this information back to me. We are aware of all of the issues, however we do not consider a loose stem to be problematic. All hand-blown glass will vary in size slightly, and inevitably some Solo Aroma Tubes fit more snugly or loosely than others. Also, I have only received a single report about the Power Adapter not fitting snugly, but I have reported this issue to my manager for consideration. Regarding the reported smells, we have all customers who report smells or tastes send in their units for testing and we are unable to detect any smells or taste from any returned unit, let alone any unit at all. Nevertheless, we take such reports seriously and in most cases replace those units with new ones to keep our customers happy.

Your unit will be replaced with an M105 unit with Stainless Steel heater.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Arizer Tech
service@arizer.com"

Vaperlock,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
all my stems are the same diameter. just the ring thingy on the ss one makes it fit tighter.

ilovebOObs,

vape4life

Banned for life
Word Samsquanch, thanks for the flawless transaction. Happy to hear you're liking the solo! Let us know how those experiments go.

Samsquanch said:
OK , so I caved and got one finally , thanks vape4life

Yep , it kicks my iolite to the curb in a second . :D

And so , the journey of experimental attachment discovery begins .....

:cool:

vape4life,
Vaperlock said:
Regarding the reported smells, we have all customers who report smells or tastes send in their units for testing and we are unable to detect any smells or taste from any returned unit, let alone any unit at all. Nevertheless, we take such reports seriously and in most cases replace those units with new ones to keep our customers happy.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Arizer Tech
service@arizer.com"

Eh... I don't believe that that for one second. All three of my solos started out stinking, and only one has ended up stink free. Either everyone at Arizer has had their noses blown off in a terrible industrial accident or they just love to lie. At least they're replacing units, but they do so while basically implying that anyone with a stinky solo is making it up.

Edit: harsh words redacted.

charliedontsurf,

BossBrew

Metalhead
I have always respected Arizer and their terrific customer service but I can't see how they don't notice the smell that countless reputable FC members are experiencing. I'm not accusing Arizer of wilfully denying the issue because they have been extremely honest with us so far but this whole situation stinks (literally).

I think the employees over at Arizer need their sense of smell checked because we aren't making this stuff up.
:uhoh:

BossBrew,

steven22

ilovebOObs said:
all my stems are the same diameter. just the ring thingy on the ss one makes it fit tighter.

what do you mean by ring thingy?... is it the grey ring that spins , sits atop the bowl?... so those things are now made a little smaller thus enough friction to hold the stem in place?

have you swapped stems around and come to that conclusion?

thanks

steven22,

ilovebOObs

steven22 said:
ilovebOObs said:

what do you mean by ring thingy?... is it the grey ring that spins , sits atop the bowl?... so those things are now made a little smaller thus enough friction to hold the stem in place?

have you swapped stems around and come to that conclusion?

thanks
yes the ring that spins around, sorry i'm not too good with technical terms, hahah

yeah tested using all 4 of my stems. 2 old version bent w/ 2 holes and 1 straight and 1 bent with 4 holes.
there is a slight ridge on the ring thingy on the 105 ss model. i will take pics when i have time.

ilovebOObs,

hellomyfrients

Matuszak said:
Hey all, just thought I'd make a quick mention that Arizer has released a new vaporizer called the Extreme-Q. It will be widely available soon.
I also want to rant and rave about how excellent this new vape is, but I'll let you all be the judges. Check it out, then let me know what you think and feel free to ask any questions. I'll check back often and do my best to answer all inquiries.
The same one they released years ago?

hellomyfrients,
hello everyone!

I just found out from my friend who got banned on this thread that the moderator incorrectly banned Vaperlock stating he removed his moderation notes. He did not! This moderator is out of control and banning everybody.

The word is out in the street that he is in cahoots with some of the vendors and doesn't like the negative comments.
If you look back in the postings you will see that Vaperlock did not erase anything and you can see the moderation notes are still there.

What the hell is going on here???????????

Modnote:
Since multiple mods have taken action on the last couple of pages in this thread, and the post was clearly edited by Vaperlock, your claim has zero merit, and it's obvious what your intent is in posting here.

You and your friend seem to have trouble reading and/or comprehending the forum rules you agreed to when registering. Since you've managed to break two with your first post you can take 3 days off to study them. http://www.fuckcombustion.com/misc.php?action=rules

ANY FURTHER OFF TOPIC POSTS IN THIS THREAD WILL LIKELY EARN THE AUTHOR AN INFRACTION

vapersmaper,

thecragus

M102 Black Cer. = "perfect"
M103 Black Cer. = terrible smell, not possible to fix, replaced by Arizer for the following entry
M105 Black SS = very very slight smell, gone after a few buns, so now "perfect"
M104 Black Cer. = only slight smell, but does not want to leave....but not bad enough to return at the moment. This is to be a Christmas gift for my adult son (who will appreciate the longer battery life) so he can exchange it if he finds the smell distasteful :) ) If I planned to keep it, I'd try the bake/iso wash and return it if that didn't fix it.

Like most, I have to use setting 5 on my SS which seems like setting 4 on a Cer. model.
The SS is really a great unit but does not have the battery life of a cer. model (which is no problem for me in my usage patterns).
My four hole straight stems have the same sized chamber for herbs that my two hole stems have. The area above the chamber is larger before it tapers to the straight glass.
And what it's worth, I've had nothing but great service from Arizer with the one exchange and also when inquiring about battery life.

But they do need to address the auto-shutoff "problem" and allow the user to change the allotted time or disable this function. Having a power supply to the wall and still having the unit turn off every 12 minutes is not good IMHO.

thecragus,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
After 129 pages , thecragus , nice summary , and with 24hrs under my belt with this unit I have to totally agree with you . My unit is -

M102 Silver Cer = "perfect"

Personal finding are the addition of screens to stems is essential unless you like to eat fresh herb . I haven't run the battery all the way down yet , I keep recharging . Over the weekend I will see how many actual 12 min sessions this thing will last without a charge . It would be nice if this unit could run straight off a power source without having to worry about a battery .

As for the life of a stem , I fill the stem by straw suck style , this will last 2 sessions . The first 12 mins are at "4" , for the second 12mins the first half at "5" and the last half at "7" to get any leftover goodness out of it . after that , it is nice and evenly toasted to a rich dark brown .

So another awesome efficient vape out of the Arizer stable , - Good things grow in Ontario -

Samsquanch,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Samsquanch said:
It would be nice if this unit could run straight off a power source without having to worry about a battery .

It can, just buy the AC power supply.

OhTheAgony,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Oh I know I can pay for another adapter , running strictly off the adapter should be something I should be able to do right out of the box . The Solo isnt cheap to begin with so having to pay an extra $50 for something that should already be a stock item is kind of a hard thing to do . But you got me by the nads so what am I gonna have to do , fork out more coin ? :2c:

Samsquanch,

THCMuscle

Well guys, my Solo came today. I got a M104 Ceramic. I have yet to use it, however I've powered it up for a burn-out and yes, it smells strongly of electronics. I'm not worried about THAT because I have yet to do a rub down with ISO. However durring the heating up cycle I can hear that horrible high pitched tone! I have incredible hearing and I must say this is a HORRIBLE sound, it makes my ears ring and even after having turned the unit off 10 minutes ago my ear drums still feel it.

I saw someone mention this previously in this thread, has anyone else experienced it? If this is going to be present durring every heating cycle I need to return this unit. This will ruin the experience for me.

If this is present on all Solo's I dont think I'll be able to use one! This sucks! :( :uhoh:

THCMuscle,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
THCMuscle said:
Well guys, my Solo came today. I got a M104 Ceramic. I have yet to use it, however I've powered it up for a burn-out and yes, it smells strongly of electronics. I'm not worried about THAT because I have yet to do a rub down with ISO. However durring the heating up cycle I can hear that horrible high pitched tone! I have incredible hearing and I must say this is a HORRIBLE sound, it makes my ears ring and even after having turned the unit off 10 minutes ago my ear drums still feel it.

I saw someone mention this previously in this thread, has anyone else experienced it? If this is going to be present durring every heating cycle I need to return this unit. This will ruin the experience for me.

If this is present on all Solo's I dont think I'll be able to use one! This sucks! :( :uhoh:
I believe the sound is present with all Solos, so exchanging it will probably do you no good. I guess I'm lucky that I'm completely deaf to it.

That really sucks, I'm sorry for you. I'm vaporbonging some super tasty Tahoe right now and I can't hear a thing.

:peace:

Stu,

MG23

Relaxin'
If it makes you feel any better it bugged the hell out of me at first but my ears have almost stopped picking it up now. Guess they got accustomed to it. Also, try using the unit with the buttons and lights facing away from you to tone it down.

MG23,

ilovebOObs

when does the sound kick in? i never heard anything from either of my units.

ilovebOObs,

ilovebOObs

oh so its one of those thing that only certain people can hear only. thanks for clearing that up.

ilovebOObs,

THCMuscle

I talked to Randy at PUI and he's going to talk to Arizer and get back to me.

My ears ring for about 10 minutes after turning the Solo. Just getting this thing next to my face makes my ears hurt. This would RUIN the high experience.

I am worried the solo isn't for me :( . I am not going to be using this unit at all.

*To anyone second-thinking a solo because of this please note that I have PHENOMENAL hearing. I can tell what anyone is listening to with headphones in just standing next to them, and I can hear a phone buzz rooms away. Concerts are so unpleasently loud to me I can't attend one.*

THCMuscle,

ilovebOObs

so here is a shot of the new ring thingy on my silver ss 105 vs my black ceramic 104.
notice on the black one the ring is totally smooth the newer version has a slight ridge in the middle.
pc010596.jpg

a shot of the stems pretty much all the same diameter.
pc010597.jpg

i can totally not worry about the stem not falling out, yet the stems are pretty easy to pull out
pc010600.jpg

just a gong adapter a made for the solo
pc010590.jpg

cherry pie yummy!!!
pc010603.jpg

ilovebOObs,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Seeing that solo GonG stem makes me a little bit pissed off. I commissioned 4 of them to be made about 6 weeks ago. The glass blower I contracted doesn't even return my emails now. :mad:

Stu,
Top Bottom