Arizer Solo

Greenscreen

darkrom said:
They have been good about replacing units that don't require an expensive design change. The bowl changing to SS was something they could do easily. If the units stink/taste/gas/make noises by design then they would have to completely redo their whole product. I feel like they would not be willing to do this regardless of any issues they see quite honestly. They are already selling for about half the price they asked originally, and from the reports on here it's pretty much 2 for the price of one since the ceramic seems to go for MOST (not all) solos based on the population of this site (which doesn't mean real world numbers I know, but at the same time we aren't all just super unlucky because we happen to be members here). I mean they STILL don't even advertise this vape.

In the end the sad thing about this vaporizer is that they deny the smell issue. I find it literally impossible that NO ONE at arizer smells the vapes that get sent back in. I had a stinky solo that 100% of my friends and I were able to smell from a distance. Maybe they just really smell so many stinky solos that they forget what clean smells like? I find it honestly insulting that they would make a claim like this. It is basically calling everyone who sent in a robo fart solo a liar. Sending out a new replacement of a defective product is not the solution. I've been waiting for a re-design, but I give up at this point. It is obvious that the concerns some of us have will never be fixed if they don't even view them as real issues.

Well said, mine is also undeniably smelly. I have ISO washed and baked the casing, but to be honest after doing that i know for a fact the smells coming not from the casing but the unit itself.

I've just kept the casing off the unit so it can breathe more and keep letting it run cycles on 7 to see if it improves. It's not so bad with the casing off, but with the casing on the smell builds. Not going to contact Arizer just yet will wait to see if it improves, if it doesn't i will contact Randy from puff it up or Kevin at Arizer..

One things for sure with this vape, its worth finding out a serial number before you purchase and maybe paying a little more then you should to ensure you receive a decent unit rather then a stinky one off ebay for cheaper price..

I know a lot of people rate Puffitup on here and have said go to them for your solo, personally i wouldn't although they are a solid reasonably cheap option, i think they are well aware the M104's they were / are selling were slightly defective when compared to other solo's on the market... just my opinion but there you are...

Greenscreen,

THCMuscle

Just had another stem. Holy wow am I vaked. I am very impressed with this vape. I love the use of glass in a portable. Its such a simple, efficent design. Thus far I have only put in tiny pinches of herb into the stem, approx 1/6th full and I'm getting decent clouds with no thought into draw technique. Taste is great, and as of now I can't really honestly say I detect a plastic smell. There is that slight, slight smell of something being heated but only when I stick my nose in the hole on heat lvl7. It is not by any means a worry-evoking smell. It doesnt trigger any warning flags in my brain. There is no taste when drawing through an empty stem. It hardly smells like anything right now, but more bud than anything.

THCMuscle,

max

Out to lunch
griff9 said:
One things for sure with this vape, its worth finding out a serial number before you purchase and maybe paying a little more then you should to ensure you receive a decent unit rather then a stinky one off ebay for cheaper price... I know a lot of people rate Puffitup on here and have said go to them for your solo, personally i wouldn't although they are a solid reasonably cheap option, i think they are well aware the M104's they were / are selling were slightly defective when compared to other solo's on the market... just my opinion but there you are...
Putting dealers under the gun for this issue, whether it's seller xyz on eBay, or an authorized dealer like puffitup, is 100% wrong IMO, and that's gonna be the official FC stance as well. Dealers are in no way responsible for defects in the products, and thinking that they have the time or inclination to keep up with forum complaints is just not realistic. I doubt you'll find a dealer anywhere that's going to sell units only according to serial number, on the basis of some forum complaints. Nor do I think that any dealers are going to stop selling this model due to these issues. If there's an issue with a particular vape model, unless they're melting down when turned on, or other extreme and hazardous condition, dealers should not be expected to sort out units according to serial number. Defects are on the manufacturer. I'm sure that quite a few Solo sellers don't even know this forum exists. If you feel it necessary to drag resellers into this mess, please do it on another forum.

max,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Success !

PS2 Slim adapter works like a charm , just had to change the end . I haven't noticed any heat issues with the brick yet but I will keep a close watch on it . Seeing as this is a power supply I dont think I would leave it plugged into the solo unless it was in use . Let be real here. The portability of batteries is awesome , but there are times when we get into heavy sessions , glassworks , friends , experimentation , that stuff requires much more time than 12 minutes x7 plus wait time to charge or whatever it is .

Just a note , I used an adapter brick , not a wall wart .

ac-power-supply-brick-cord-cable-slimline-ps2-console-2add.jpg

My current set up - EQ elbow connected to the stem with a bit of hose , showerhead , piece of hose connecting another elbow with a stem

35a9oh3.jpg

Samsquanch,

steven22

hey guys, been using the solo heavily for a few days now..... not sure if its exactly what I thought it would be. yes, it performs great .... just not providing the same convenience that the LB provides me .. which is something I would need in a true portable vape.

LB gave me lots of flexibility , I can toss it around and not worry about stem falling out, herbs falling out. As soon as I let go of the battery in the LB, the unit turns off. It holds up better to falls (durable)

the solo rechargeable battery is nice, but I doesnt fit my needs. It will not last an entire day for me. so I have to carry the charger. and it doesnt run the unit, only charges... (I am aware of the power adapter upgrade) with the LB, its just a matter of carrying an extra battey (I only use 2 to 3 a day at the most)

the solo has its place, and its not as a daily driver for me at least... I will be giving it a different set of responsibilities instead. (will not be using it as much as the LB and other desktop vapes)

Im thinking of picking up an LB power adapter to increase the cloudage ... that isnt to say the LB+batteries does NOT get my high, or performs bad.

steven22,

THCMuscle

steven22 said:
hey guys, been using the solo heavily for a few days now..... not sure if its exactly what I thought it would be. yes, it performs great .... just not providing the same convenience that the LB provides me .. which is something I would need in a true portable vape.

LB gave me lots of flexibility , I can toss it around and not worry about stem falling out, herbs falling out. As soon as I let go of the battery in the LB, the unit turns off. It holds up better to falls (durable)

the solo rechargeable battery is nice, but I doesnt fit my needs. It will not last an entire day for me. so I have to carry the charger. and it doesnt run the unit, only charges... (I am aware of the power adapter upgrade) with the LB, its just a matter of carrying an extra battey (I only use 2 to 3 a day at the most)

the solo has its place, and its not as a daily driver for me at least... I will be giving it a different set of responsibilities instead. (will not be using it as much as the LB and other desktop vapes)

Im thinking of picking up an LB power adapter to increase the cloudage ... that isnt to say the LB+batteries does NOT get my high, or performs bad.

I totally side with you on all aspects of the LB being more portable, higher convienence, more durrable. But how in the world you can achieve more medicating with 3 LB batts than a fully charged Solo is beyond me. If the Solo is on a high setting you can nuke stem after stem after stem, totally much more herb than I could get out of 3 LB bats.

THCMuscle,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
THCMuscle said:
I totally side with you on all aspects of the LB being more portable, higher convienence, more durrable. But how in the world you can achieve more medicating with 3 LB batts than a fully charged Solo is beyond me. If the Solo is on a high setting you can nuke stem after stem after stem, totally much more herb than I could get out of 3 LB bats.

He has learned to use his LB effectively, which isn't all that difficult.

pakalolo,

MG23

Relaxin'
I'm not sure how anyone could stretch 2-3 LB batteries as far as a full Solo charge either, seems like a bit of an exaggeration to me.
I get about 2 full trenches out of each 2700 battery using the LB's standard slow draw style vs. 14 stems with the same amount of material per single Solo charge... so I'd need 7 LB batteries to last as many sessions as a fully charged Solo. Good luck getting 14 trenches out of 2-3 batteries...

Makes me wonder how someone would be perfectly fine making 2-3 LB batts last all day but couldn't swing it with the Solo.
I guess if you're the type that takes one hit and then pockets the vape til later the LB heating style would be more battery efficient than letting the Solo heat all the way up for a single hit and then turning it off. But if that's your style than I'm not sure why the LB left you wanting to grab a Solo in the first place.

Also Steven (and anyone else with a stinky Solo), if you're still having any taste/smell issues from your unit after ISO wiping the cap undo the bottom 4 screws to take out the guts of your unit and do an ISO wipe on the interior of your shell, it should fix your problem.

MG23,

guitarscreamngrowler

i love the solo after two weeks of use i got a perfect 103m ceramic silver. no smell wonderful taste. an no chipping so far, an my stem fits tight i can turn upside down an shake hard an wont move. i would like straight tubes tho. out of a bong or hitting straight the solo is amazing. being able to walk here an there without wires an charge lasts so long. defiantly great hits thick big clouds an the load size small about same size of a extreme q elbow pack, maybe little less. but 17-19 iv gotten from one pack. If you find a flawless unit then you are money. i have ssv, extreme q, an rock Zap had hotbox da buddha. def hits just hard as extreme an da buddha

guitarscreamngrowler,

Calvin

So I got a solo from Vape4life, and I have to say that I am extremely happy with it so far. Myself and my roommates put it through a rigorous night, 6 or 7 bowls. And it worked perfectly every time, no smell, minor noise(I may just not hear it that much). I dont have a ceramic to compare to, but when taking the vaped herb and putting it in the extreme not much came out. This makes me think the efficiency is excellent. Overall I am very happy with the product.

Calvin,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Efficiency is the word , I think the Solo cooks just a bit better than the Extreme . I notice the duff coming out of the Solo is slightly darker then what comes out of the Q . I will try to iso a bit of it once i have some surplus but I highly doubt that experiment will yield anything useable . I have a bunch of iolite duff kicking around so I thought Id try her out in the Solo . I usually start out on setting 3 or 4 with fresh stuff . I got clouds on setting 4 and kept ramping from there , and I really cook it when its in the iolite . The Solo cooks more like an HA . Love it , With constant power to the Solo and a 14mm connector Im set . I cleaned and packed away my iolite and EQ last night .

Samsquanch,

Calvin

I packed up my iolite this morning. In comparison to the solo its a big waste of time. Unless of course you are going somewhere where you cant charge the solo like a long camping trip. Other than that the solo kicks ass, variable temp and fat hits all night long.

Edit for question

When charging the solo, is there any reason to unplug the unit when it hits the fully charged mark. Or can I leave it plugged in all day with no problems.

Calvin,

MrNorml

ilovebOObs said:
I just ordered the solo with the hard case from ebay. I have an extreme Q as my main piece so getting the solo completes my arizer set.:D

I ordered the same - mine is SS - ordered it because the Q is such a quality weapon. I will likely bake the top if there is a smell, but am hopeful the Solo has the integrity of the Q. And it appears Arizer is right on top in terms of trying to keep the customer happy.

MrNorml,

MG23

Relaxin'
MrNorml said:
ilovebOObs said:
I just ordered the solo with the hard case from ebay. I have an extreme Q as my main piece so getting the solo completes my arizer set.:D

I ordered the same - mine is SS - ordered it because the Q is such a quality weapon. I will likely bake the top if there is a smell, but am hopeful the Solo has the integrity of the Q. And it appears Arizer is right on top in terms of trying to keep the customer happy.

If you have a smell, try doing an iso wipe instead of baking, they seem to have the same effect.

MG23,

THCMuscle

The smell on mine was definitely mostly inside the shell. Mine was rather smelly upon opening, but now on day 2 there is hardly anything noticable and nothing I would complain about.

THCMuscle,

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
Calvin said:
I packed up my iolite this morning. In comparison to the solo its a big waste of time. Unless of course you are going somewhere where you cant charge the solo like a long camping trip. Other than that the solo kicks ass, variable temp and fat hits all night long.

Edit for question

When charging the solo, is there any reason to unplug the unit when it hits the fully charged mark. Or can I leave it plugged in all day with no problems.

Normally I leave mine plugged in all day with no problems so far. I'll do a session or two, plug it in, do another session later when I'm ready, plug it back in again. It's always ready to go. I haven't really had an issue with the battery running low with normal away from home use although I'm going to order a car charger for those long ski days away from electricity. Now if I can find a solar charger for multiday backpack trips, I'll be gold.

THCmuscle said:
The smell on mine was definitely mostly inside the shell. Mine was rather smelly upon opening, but now on day 2 there is hardly anything noticable and nothing I would complain about.

I baked my top before anyone tried the ISO scrubbing trick and that got rid of my smell. My first M104 smelled like a Marks A Lot Magnum marking pen which I returned, the replacement had a much lesser smell which I baked off. The ISO scrub sounds like an easier solution. I have no smell now.

Papa Woody,

THCMuscle

Calvin said:
Good to hear that the battery doesent fail from being constantly plugged in

I've used Li-po and Li-on batteries extensively in radio controlled models, sizes very similar to what the Solo contains. My reccommendation would be to always store your Solo fully charged, and always Re-charge when ever able. Don't run it down to nothing if you dont have to, Lipos don't like that.

If this is incorrect, someone please correct me.

THCMuscle,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
No, correct. This is the same advise as was given early in the thread.

I wish more Solo-noobs took the time to read it.

OhTheAgony,

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
THCMuscle said:
Calvin said:
Good to hear that the battery doesent fail from being constantly plugged in

I've used Li-po and Li-on batteries extensively in radio controlled models, sizes very similar to what the Solo contains. My reccommendation would be to always store your Solo fully charged, and always Re-charge when ever able. Don't run it down to nothing if you dont have to, Lipos don't like that.

If this is incorrect, someone please correct me.

I believe you are correct. This was discussed back on page 83, 84, & 88. Here is a link to a battery site that discusses how to care for lithium ion batteries. www.batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Papa Woody,

steven22

any way to swap the new ring from the SS solos over to a ceramic one?.... (to have snug stems on a ceramic) would arizer sell them?

steven22,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
OhTheAgony said:

I started following the thread around page 80 , it took me a couple of days to read it from the beginning to page 80 , we are up to page 132 now and thats a lot of reading , and lets face it there is a bunch of crap as well as good information in this thread , you can easily get frustrated after 10 pages.

An option around here could be an FAQ section for each of the vaporizer with over 100 active pages rather than searching for an answer . the seach option is very limited on this site . But the again my top answer for the last 10 years has been if you dont know something - Google it !

Samsquanch,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
steven22 said:
any way to swap the new ring from the SS solos over to a ceramic one?.... (to have snug stems on a ceramic) would arizer sell them?

you can swap them but not sure if they sell just the ring by itself. thinking about doing that since i use the ceramic when on the go for battery life.

ilovebOObs,

MG23

Relaxin'
Samsquanch said:
OhTheAgony said:

I started following the thread around page 80 , it took me a couple of days to read it from the beginning to page 80 , we are up to page 132 now and thats a lot of reading , and lets face it there is a bunch of crap as well as good information in this thread , you can easily get frustrated after 10 pages.

An option around here could be an FAQ section for each of the vaporizer with over 100 active pages rather than searching for an answer . the seach option is very limited on this site . But the again my top answer for the last 10 years has been if you dont know something - Google it !

Allow me to introduce you to our good friend Vaporpedia.

MG23,
Top Bottom