XVape XLUX ROFFU

zeusjames

What am I missing? I set mine at 320°F/160°C. THC has a boiling point of 315°F/157°C. I get stoned. I tried higher temps but I got harsher vapor, a heavy fog and a lot less scent. After a few sessions at 320°F/160°C when the weed is almost spent I have upped the temp by a lot and did not get high so I assume the THC was all used up at the lower temp.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Even the 350's is skipping right past it and extracting quickly
I like to pull on my unit as it heats up to 180c/355f to get the terpy taste and sometimes can stop the temp meter from rising while doing so, I cannot manage to get the temp gauge to drop once I get to any set temp though.
I find I can still get pretty good clouds at as low as 150c/300f with the Roffu...how low can you go?

Madtater

To everyone that is using the device to charge and having issues….what are you using for a brick to plug the charging cable into?

I tried to use the iphone block and it wouldnt charge (i wanna say it was 5w or 10w) I used my 60w brick and it charges in 45min. I have since gotten extra batteries and an external charger, but still…..

Maybe the bricks arent powerful enough?

Madtater,
Reactions: LesPlenty

hinglemccringleberry

Roffu's just arrived and I can't seem to get much vapor at all out of it :( especially in on-demand mode. I've charged it for about an hour and no change, any tips please?
Are you getting flavor, like the vape is working?
Have you tried session mode? What temps are you running? If you're hitting the 420's and this is happening, it must be a faulty unit.
I haven't even tried on demand yet on mine, because I don't feel the need. I can rip my load so fast in session mode that its basically the same thing as on demand mode.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
LesPlenty,
Reactions: JoeMama

Ghillieweed

Yep, getting flavour and I can see a tiny bit of vapour during session mode but it's taking a lot of hits to get the herb even light brown and I can't see any vapour at all in on-demand mode, even at 220C after holding till it vibrates. Charging it again at the moment, I'll try again when it's fully charged

Not really sure what I'm doing wrong, I charged it to full and I can still barely get any vapour even on 220C in on demand mode. Feels like I'm getting a lot of draw resistance, and for some reason it doesn't vibrate every time it reaches heat in on demand :(

Last edited:
Ghillieweed,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yep, getting flavour and I can see a tiny bit of vapour during session mode but it's taking a lot of hits to get the herb even light brown and I can't see any vapour at all in on-demand mode, even at 220C after holding till it vibrates.
While you are learning about Roffu, maybe just use session mode, eliminate that variable.
Remember convection vapes need us to take longer, slower draw, because vapor is actually just being freshly made as your draw pulls hot air over the material.
With convection, the most concentrated vapor comes later in the hit...
And keep in mind the first hit may seem to have a weak beginning, taking a little longer to begin producing results.

Maybe some of this will get things going for you...

Happy 4/20 everyone!

zeusjames

I use three minute session mode at 320°F/160°C. I take a puff every breath. Towards the end of the session is when I start to see the fog. And yes a sprinkle fill with no tamping results in a much lighter draw.

zeusjames,

Madtater

Yep, getting flavour and I can see a tiny bit of vapour during session mode but it's taking a lot of hits to get the herb even light brown and I can't see any vapour at all in on-demand mode, even at 220C after holding till it vibrates. Charging it again at the moment, I'll try again when it's fully charged

Not really sure what I'm doing wrong, I charged it to full and I can still barely get any vapour even on 220C in on demand mode. Feels like I'm getting a lot of draw resistance, and for some reason it doesn't vibrate every time it reaches heat in on demand :(
My normal practice at 375F is to let it heat up to temp until it vibrates and starts the session counter, then wait another 30-45 seconds.

That first hit is SPECTACULAR. Then i usually get a mediocre second hit with a mild popcorn taste. Sometimes i get a third hit, but i usually just cash the capsule and load another if feeling froggy.

I have listened to people on here that say session mode is where it is at. And as @LesPlenty has said prior, i have never used the full 3 minute session timer before cashing the bowl.

Madtater,

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker

You don't need to hold the button or wait for the vibration when using on-demand mode. Press the button and start hitting it. Hold the button and keep drawing. Release button, recover from your draw and repeat.

Fairly certain that the haptic feedback is for Session Mode. On Demand means instant heat/vapor, you don't need to prime it or let it warm up in our experience using the Roffu.

If you have a lot of draw resistance, make sure your finger isn't covering the air intake or something inside the mouthpiece portion isn't in it's proper place.

Good Luck!

cannabis.pro,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I tried to use the iphone block and it wouldnt charge
Maybe your iphone block is a PD job and not work on dumber usb-c
I'm getting a lot of draw resistance,
When you re-assembled the zirconia mouthpiece, the silicon part needs the hole in the top to be above the spiral, one other user fitted it with the hole at the wrong end and could get vapor but very little, worth a check.

EDIT, 4/20 now = 25% off (almost the whole store minus 2x new releases), use coupon 'BAKED' a Lite kit is only US$97!

Last edited:
LesPlenty,

Pachena

I like to pull on my unit as it heats up to 180c/355f to get the terpy taste and sometimes can stop the temp meter from rising while doing so, I cannot manage to get the temp gauge to drop once I get to any set temp though.
I think this is software related. Each power on, it only vibrates at set temp once, After that, no instantaneous temp and no further vibrations (no matter how the temperature is adjusted.). During coming up to temp, I can reduce the temperature significantly With the right speed draws — so there is no freakin’ way the device stays rock-solid steady (no variation at all) at the set temperature!

Instantaneous temperature readout at all times would be useful in learning proper technique for using the device.

GnarlyVandal

Guys!! This thing rocks!!! Only had it for three days now and a buddy just went and bought one last night as well.

For anyone that might be struggling, I stick mine straight to 385F, then 405 then 428. Long inhales, 10+ seconds.

The stainless steel chamber is a must imo for effects. It’s like nice convection vaping until the end where it then gives a nice conduction stony effect. Glass is nice for flavour, but takes longer to roast.

Haven’t even touched on demand yet, set it in session mode, changed session to 6 minutes and let it rip until vapour starts falling off and I up the temp. Usually takes 4-5 minutes to kill a bowl if I keep chuffing to get that dark brown/black roast.
The glass WPA is nice, but not a must have imo.
If you want to use the sleeve, get the wpa as it makes the stock mouthpiece a little uncomfortable.

Just a side note on when the device is ready, I have noticed that when I hold the temp up button to quick step the temperature, my device does buzz to let me know it’s up to the new temp, but doesn’t if I just click up loads of times.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I tried to take advantage of the sale but it provides no shipping options once you try to pay, even though country and state are in the dropdown list.

You can't close out of the site and come back as it ' Remembers ' the order-and the glitch. Maybe only free shipping in USA? Shame, but I guess I saved $165 au.

Pachena

I tried to take advantage of the sale but it provides no shipping options once you try to pay, even though country and state are in the dropdown list.

You can't close out of the site and come back as it ' Remembers ' the order-and the glitch. Maybe only free shipping in USA? Shame, but I guess I saved $165 au.
When I tried, the site would only allow shipping to USA addresses. I tried having it shipped to Canada, and there was no way --- free or paid.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
It's a shame it wasn't noted as such. Rather annoying to spend 20 minutes choosing a vape and accessories, completing all the required fields only to find it failed but with no explanation as to why.

At least at that point if it said shipping not available to your country or something, then I could have stopped, but it leaves you with the impression it was maybe just a glitch since my country and state was listed in the drop down menus, so I wasted more time re entering details and trying other options.

First world problems, I guess. Maybe next time.

Thanks for clarifying @LesPlenty

Edit- for those still looking, High Tech Vaporizers has the roffu available at 15% off with free shipping over $100. The 3 items that would have cost approximately 170$ via the roffu website came to around $197.

Not too much more and I seriously considered it but I think I had lost my momentum by that stage. See if I end up resisting today:uhoh:

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
When I tried, the site would only allow shipping to USA addresses. I tried having it shipped to Canada, and there was no way --- free or paid.
At least at that point if it said shipping not available to your country
I will ask to get the site fixed so others do not waste their time...apologies for the muck-around.:tup:

dapatcho

I will ask to get the site fixed so others do not waste their time...apologies for the muck-around.:tup:
Is there any way to get a hold of dosing capsules in Canada? I nabbed a Roffu but would also like some of the capsules. Or is there anywhere on FC someone might be selling some?

dapatcho,

Pachena

Is there any way to get a hold of dosing capsules in Canada? I nabbed a Roffu but would also like some of the capsules. Or is there anywhere on FC someone might be selling some?
POTV Canada Site sells capsules.
  • XMAX V3 Pro Capsules (reg $8 ea,).
  • They also sell capsules for the "Planet of the Vapes ONE" (4 for $15).
Both products on sale at the moment for 20% off (assuming 420 sale, so likely to end soon).

Shipping would be additional.

I use the POTV-One capsules because that's what I bought when I purchase my V3P. They work great.

hinglemccringleberry

So, I removed the O-ring/screen that sits above the chamber and replaced it with a regular pipe screen, the same diameter as the housing.
The flavor is much better now!
I think the O-ring being so close to the chamber and heating up alot was muddying it up.
I quickly learned that if you're gonna do this, you'll either need to use a dosing capsule or cap your load with another Roffu chamber screen, because herb flies all over the place. The stock O-ring above the chamber I guess touches the chamber directly and traps the herb. So you have silicone containing the herb whilst heating up WAY too much. IMO doing this modification makes a bigger difference for flavor than the difference between the metal and glass chambers.
Looking forward to using a capsule with this thing. Unpopular opinion, but I hope the capsule gives it more conduction vapor!

Last edited:

dapatcho

POTV Canada Site sells capsules.
  • XMAX V3 Pro Capsules (reg $8 ea,).
  • They also sell capsules for the "Planet of the Vapes ONE" (4 for $15).
Both products on sale at the moment for 20% off (assuming 420 sale, so likely to end soon).

Shipping would be additional.

I use the POTV-One capsules because that's what I bought when I purchase my V3P. They work great.
Good shout! After tax and shipping it runs me like ~$45 CAD which is a bit rough, I wonder if there's a brick and mortar store somewhere that stocks them? The Roffu I've got does not sit flush I think the O-ring is sitting on top of the chamber. Is this normal?
KDXnhfKpu4bKZweNY8K7bmT4ztXnEItrBlwj2PGujnLk-PgA5ruNqeTaSJxK7qj0LUkv9VMNHDUNZCgVEIfFCpYK3dt13gIEJ9vfHRihQc4Sb17iTFy0G-ubIqIgSiO21v2AUG6NGvfQJq9pUTcMS72ZkpRJ5R6uWxzvb36BDtL6ztvEpPp1JFt1jirlifLTnvQS470SyiiJpZIzW-jD-KLibKmepFSM5dhdHcGplGXxatig0DoInHza1zRjXkPoSRQaCby_ULqfoAXUvNSjwlNLONp_mMfeVTUtUdFJxIqy2ZQ6Vn165trbsRHnIfmjiKizCxnGVu-sB8Ro7H6b60B1zD2M2hAy_IIn50gVrYkMKCeZTihKN97M4USa7dT9hJQ6YDPZmi8ZpNlvigJ7FASkkV2h8-BbtfjiAtuWphC6vcHNNJG-hLh3P1DTo8qVikeBxTE7JnHDR1SIvu0NFmo9LBLr-9R1VJEg2IAifvC-pId3dXi0ueHRARn-..png
z25D6CucVmLTTWT0fF-iddoFAcjJv75YO6bThXKpuIHLgt-sghj7OVoNAZzH0Vjj06YpkCQK5zylFp7Rte98kWLhS3SSmokYv8kwfwbihgqQX79XNEkkuo6Js6LbWte_5U3tMDIvo9g6FmATdzv_bMyAdwa30lb4e3tD-45HpERkINjZ1QR0VQNl38Jccc3L0ZoZTsiS78dyUHUCU0ICeZGpOoB2Mf-YgMZf8Sd6nX8Q4y19BhoO9a9XAYPwX52_KmC9mZctzii8iX4LV1hcBECbkNbTQPc07ipgJdZBbRBy06gD_90NZpH_En4A4bJGrMUhsI73W59J43dT1SdI2HxPkq5cHyg7dlCdggtbWkLY1UHnJNTWxGqZLAFet5CFcM0WMSRqN8_Hglcc6thyjAm5boM0Ba9zR-1DfPMgqGkYHzIta632QainqGJyDDtg6okw0qHn_cLYu00c0zPBQr0_u37bLS9CtWSfPdJqo48nhEamIFxihjHRJ5-k..png

Top Bottom