XVape XLUX ROFFU

hinglemccringleberry

Not sure about it being unpopular, quite a few like the change of the added conduction using a dosing cap at times, myself included as a change is as good as a holiday!
Yeah, hybrid vapor is king.

Hey, do you happen to know if the POTV capsules and the V3 Pro capsules are the same height, or are the V3 pro capsules taller? Everything I've read indicates that the V3 pro ones hold 0.15 and the POTV's hold 0.1. But it's all approximate/open to interpretation, and I'm not sure if both have identical dimensions or not. Or is the V3 pro cap 50% taller than the POTV?

Last edited:

Pachena

Yeah, hybrid vapor is king.

Hey, do you happen to know if the POTV capsules and the V3 Pro capsules are the same height, or are the V3 pro capsules taller? Everything I've read indicates that the V3 pro ones hold 0.15 and the POTV's hold 0.1. But it's all approximate/open to interpretation, and I'm not sure if both have identical dimensions or not. Or is the V3 pro cap 50% taller than the POTV?

The POTV capsules and the V3P are the same size, to my eyes.

Took out my (AMZN quality) digital calipers:

EXTERNALLY with lids on:
  • V3P capustule: 10.7mm diameter x 10.8mm tall.
  • POTV ONE capsules: 10.6mm diameter x 11.0mm tall.
I only measured a single sample of each… so factor that in.

Reporting capacity in grams has never made sense to me. Too many variables. How fine a grind? How dry is the herb? How tight of a tamp/pack?

For comparisons, I’d rather see capacities of devices/capsules as a volume.

zeusjames

Took out my (AMZN quality) digital calipers:

EXTERNALLY with lids on:
  • V3P capustule: 10.7mm diameter x 10.8mm tall.
I make that 0.97 ml not accounting for wall thickness so actual volume would be a little ( 5% or 10%% +/-) less.

Using your (AMZN quality) digital calipers what is the dimension of the oven chamber?

On first read I thought you had an amazing quality caliper!

Capacities using volume units makes a lot more sense to me.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
KDXnhfKpu4bKZweNY8K7bmT4ztXnEItrBlwj2PGujnLk-PgA5ruNqeTaSJxK7qj0LUkv9VMNHDUNZCgVEIfFCpYK3dt13gIEJ9vfHRihQc4Sb17iTFy0G-ubIqIgSiO21v2AUG6NGvfQJq9pUTcMS72ZkpRJ5R6uWxzvb36BDtL6ztvEpPp1JFt1jirlifLTnvQS470SyiiJpZIzW-jD-KLibKmepFSM5dhdHcGplGXxatig0DoInHza1zRjXkPoSRQaCby_ULqfoAXUvNSjwlNLONp_mMfeVTUtUdFJxIqy2ZQ6Vn165trbsRHnIfmjiKizCxnGVu-sB8Ro7H6b60B1zD2M2hAy_IIn50gVrYkMKCeZTihKN97M4USa7dT9hJQ6YDPZmi8ZpNlvigJ7FASkkV2h8-BbtfjiAtuWphC6vcHNNJG-hLh3P1DTo8qVikeBxTE7JnHDR1SIvu0NFmo9LBLr-9R1VJEg2IAifvC-pId3dXi0ueHRARn-..png

@dapatcho the wpa/mp was originally designed to work on the opposite side, the glass part was meant to periscope up/down in the spiral housing side but some(most?) of us like less silicon in the airpath. That said I hold the CU grommet up with a finger while pushing down on the glass to make it fit a bit better than your picture shows.:clap:

Pachena

I make that 0.97 ml not accounting for wall thickness so actual volume would be a little ( 5% or 10%% +/-) less.

Using your (AMZN quality) digital calipers what is the dimension of the oven chamber?

On first read I thought you had an amazing quality caliper!

Capacities using volume units makes a lot more sense to me.
I measure my METAL chamber as 10.8mm diameter.

Height is more difficult… 12.6mm (ish) without any screen inside the chamber,

I remember dumping the contents of a “normal” capsule (for me) into my V3P for comparison — I was surprised how little it was.

The POTV One capsules are cheaper, some say no difference between the V3 caps. $24.80CDN shipped/tax for 4 while on sale.

With POTV (CA), if your basket doesn’t reach the ”free“ shipping threshold, shipping costs can be $10 - $30 —- depending on province.

dapatcho

@dapatcho the wpa/mp was originally designed to work on the opposite side, the glass part was meant to periscope up/down in the spiral housing side but some(most?) of us like less silicon in the airpath. That said I hold the CU grommet up with a finger while pushing down on the glass to make it fit a bit better than your picture shows.:clap:
Which part is the CU grommet?

I measure my METAL chamber as 10.8mm diameter.

I remember dumping the contents of a “normal” capsule (for me) into my V3P for comparison — I was surprised how little it was.

With POTV (CA), if your basket doesn’t reach the ”free“ shipping threshold, shipping costs can be $10 - $30 —- depending on province.
Yeah it's a little hard to justify, especially if someone's got extras lying around I could always just pay for postage on an envelope with them haha.

hinglemccringleberry

@LesPlenty , a reddit poster said the Roffu battery can be upgraded:
"You can use 3500mah 18650 like the Molicel M35a in the Roffu and V3, and increase their capacity by almost 50% (people like p28 and p26 but those are better for high drain devices like the TM2 or box mods)."

Is this for real? No idea where he got the "almost 50%", but that would be terrific if it's true...

What battery should I look at if I were to get a spare for my Roffu and wanted to also upgrade the MAH's while I'm at it? Is the M35a the right choice?

zeusjames

Using my AMZN quality tape measure I measure the overall dimension to be a little over 7/8 inch. Rounding down to account for the screen I get 22.2 mm divided by two to get the used area I get 11.1 which compares favorably with your 12.6 mm without the screen.

Using 10.8 mm ID and 11 mm internal length a make the capacity to be 1 ml.

I am curious how others compare. I know my table top has a much larger chamber. I would guess 4 or 5 times larger. But my Roffu seems to do a better job of getting me high and is a lot more efficient and responsive to temp changes. That's why I am only using the Roffu and the plug in just sits there unused.

Visually the chamber holds more than the capsules I am using so I will stay with using the chambers as dosing capsules. The only advantage I see for the capsules is if you're on the go. Swapping caps or swapping pre filled chambers is about the same amount of work for me as I sit in my chair.

zeusjames,
Reactions: Mad_Max

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Which part is the CU grommet?
On page 3 of your manual it is the 5th item from the top...called a filter (but the filter is actually inside the grommet).
people like p28 and p26 but those are better for high drain devices like the TM2 or box mods
Molicel M35a
The Molicel M35a has a CDR of 10Amp...I was told the Roffu needs at least a 9amp CDR battery, pretty close. I recommend the P28a as it can be used in any device and leaves lots of headroom spare for safety but the M35a should work but 50% more run time is a stretch as the genuine battery is 3200mAh.:2c:
The only advantage I see for the capsules is if you're on the go.
Except for the added conduction on occasion, I agree.:tup:

dapatcho

Got it sorted! The glass chamber was sitting flush, turns out it was "clicking" into place while the metal chamber was not. Made the metal chamber work by pressing down quite firmly while also twisting and it clicked in.

Sue Narmy

Is XVape and XMax the same company?.

I’m tempted to get the Roffu as it ticks a lot of boxes, removable 18650 battery, micro dosing capsules and an optional glass mouthpiece.

Sue Narmy,
Reactions: LesPlenty

GnarlyVandal

Is XVape and XMax the same company?.

I’m tempted to get the Roffu as it ticks a lot of boxes, removable 18650 battery, micro dosing capsules and an optional glass mouthpiece.
And xlux, I think they are owned by the same company yes.

It’s pretty good, I got mine on Tuesday and am blown away by its performance, especially with the low price. I’ve always kind of hesitated about what to suggest to people as vaping is never the cheapest of hobbies, but this is a super convenient vape that just works. It’s easily become my go to recommendation.
It works as a temp stepping sipper at least as well as my mighty and rips through glass at 200-220 celsius.
The smell/taste was a little off for the first day or so, but is MUCH better now

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Is XVape and XMax the same company?
No, but closely tied, all stuff made by TopGreen...I will get the official answer for you all and report.:tup:
The smell/taste was a little off for the first day or so, but is MUCH better now
Most of us believe the black silicon in the cooling unit is the culprit and can also be fixed by airing/curing the silicon further if a problem.

The glass chamber was sitting flush, turns out it was "clicking" into place while the metal chamber was not
This is especially so with the later released units with the redesigned oven (roasting tube) retaining system as the chamber now 'clicks' into position in the body of the unit when inserted fully.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Is XVape and XMax the same company?
The relationship between XMAX and XVAPE, we are under the same umbrella company, the biggest difference is XVAPE is our direct brand that is ONLY proprietary tech and design for XVAPE. As for XMAX, that is our OEM/ODM label that we can share those devices and technology with other brands if the partnership makes sense. (For example, the Starry 3.0 has a POTV version etc.)
I have also been informed about shipping to other countries, we do intend to bring back international shipping as soon as we can pass a few hurdles but no ETA yet...PACT etc so do not wait and source your Roffu elsewhere for now as it could be some time before international shipping is available again.

hinglemccringleberry

Just tried the vape with a POTV dosing cap, and CU grommet removed.
Now that's what I'm talking about. It transforms the Roffu into what I was hoping it would be all along.
Hybrid heating is what it's all about.
So many people say 100% convection is the best. They're wrong.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Interesting, but you are not accounting for individual differences (in people).
True, I occasionally like the added conduction but do not like the smaller herb load size as a rule. The genuine XVAPE capsules having more mass (no mesh) than the POTV add even more conduction and adds another arrow in the Roffu quiver, quite a fun vape for tinkerers.:tup:

hinglemccringleberry

Interesting, but you are not accounting for individual differences (in people).
There is no right or wrong in this game, only what works for someone.
Glad you've found a method you like, but it doesn't mean everyone else is doing something wrong.
I was being a bit facetious.
But the fact is, there are countless people who claim that "convection vapes are superior to conduction" and they try to pass it off like it's a scientific fact rather than saying it's their opinion.
They're the ones who need to read your post above.

Last edited:

Pachena

Just tried the vape with a POTV dosing cap, and CU grommet removed.
Now that's what I'm talking about. It transforms the Roffu into what I was hoping it would be all along.
Hybrid heating is what it's all about.
So many people say 100% convection is the best. They're wrong.
I tried this with the WPA (I THINK it might have been with the glass directly over the oven, but I forget -- went back to the offset way), and the lid of my capsule would OCCASIONALLY come off, resulting in some unintended debris.

I removed the screen, but put the grommet back and haven't had the same issue since.

ThE JoKeR

Has anyone tried sending there roffo back due to problems with there device. I've had the silver for over a year with no problems. I ordered the blue roffo about two weeks ago my second use it started saying on the screen short cirquit. When I order the product I didn't get a conformation email or a order number it just arrived several days later. I've been dealing with customer service for days now with no luck. They said they know my purchase date so they know I just received this item. They said they didn't do refunds. I just want to send it back in the original box with the unit but they said I needed to provide proof of purchase which they already told me they had and video tape the problem plus a couple other procedures. I'm not sure what to do. I've been buying vapes for over 10 yrs and Have had to send a few back with no problems. Seems like there making this way to hard and the fact the unit in my hands is less than 3 weeks old. Tiny Might from Finland was much easier.

ThE JoKeR,
Reactions: BigJr48

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Has anyone tried sending there roffo back due to problems with there device. I've had the silver for over a year with no problems. I ordered the blue roffo about two weeks ago my second use it started saying on the screen short cirquit. When I order the product I didn't get a conformation email or a order number it just arrived several days later. I've been dealing with customer service for days now with no luck. They said they know my purchase date so they know I just received this item. They said they didn't do refunds. I just want to send it back in the original box with the unit but they said I needed to provide proof of purchase which they already told me they had and video tape the problem plus a couple other procedures. I'm not sure what to do. I've been buying vapes for over 10 yrs and Have had to send a few back with no problems. Seems like there making this way to hard and the fact the unit in my hands is less than 3 weeks old. Tiny Might from Finland was much easier.
The video would only be to show the issue, in your case a photo would probably be enough.
I guess policy is 'exchange only, no refunds'.
They don't really want the old one back, once they understand the issue, they will send a new one.
They asked me to 'destroy' my old one! Weird. Ha!

It has been stated a lot here that calling the cs tel number gets much better response, since the emails go thru China.

ThE JoKeR

The video would only be to show the issue, in your case a photo would probably be enough.
I guess policy is 'exchange only, no refunds'.
They don't really want the old one back, once they understand the issue, they will send a new one.
They asked me to 'destroy' my old one! Weird. Ha!

It has been stated a lot here that calling the cs tel number gets much better response, since the emails go thru China.
There could have been some confusion. That's what I wanted was a exchange not a refund. I like the vape so no reason for a refund.

Top Bottom