XVape XLUX ROFFU

LesPlenty

Company Rep
There is a round filter that floats in the center of the oven chamber. It appears to have an o'ring. I have not been able to find spare filters or spare o'rings. I want to be prepared if/when I eventually need a replacement.
I have been experimenting with different sizes as the OG seems to stretch and become a pain to keep in place. I have settled on the following as they are a stretch fit to start with and are a tiny bit tighter when installed over the OG,
1681439295027-jpg.45657

• 7.5x4.5x1.5mm

zeusjames

I have been experimenting with different sizes as the OG seems to stretch and become a pain to keep in place. I have settled on the following as they are a stretch fit to start with and are a tiny bit tighter when installed over the OG,

Two month delivery time shipped from China.:( Are they silicone? Do they have a temperature rating? What is an OG?

Any thoughts on 8 mm OD x 4 mm ID x 2 mm? A little wider and slightly larger than the one you posted.

Or 9 mm OD x 5 mm ID x 2 mm?

Or 10 mm OD x 6 mm ID x 2 mm?

Those three have a temperature range from -22℉ (-30℃) to 392℉ (200℃) and are made of food grade silicone. A little low for an oven which achieves higher temps but I usually use lower temps.

Now I am guessing the original o'ring might have an OD of 11 mm so the three would have some stretch. Also all three are available to me within a few days.

If I were to try one of the three which one would you recommend? The 9 mm?

zeusjames,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
What is an OG?
OG=original
Are they silicone? Do they have a temperature rating?
The listing pictures say...VMQ(vinyl methyl), This material maintains performance in extremes of temperature with a continuous working temperature range of -60 to 230C.
Two month delivery time shipped from China.:(
That is being optimistic...more like 3-4 months for mine (I got mine free as they were over a 2 months late).
That is the size and type I recommend...as I have tried them, I know they work so,
Any thoughts on 8 mm OD x 4 mm ID x 2 mm?
Sounds pretty close and worth a shot.:tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: BigJr48

zeusjames

@LesPlenty I found some more.

All food grade silicone from -22℉ (-30℃) to 392℉ (200℃)

7.5 mm x 4.5 mm x 1.5 mm :clap:
8.0 mm x 5.0 mm x 1.5 mm
8.5 mm x 5.5 mm x 1.5 mm
9.0 mm x 6.0 mm x 1.5 mm

Would you still recommend the 7.5 mm x 4.5 mm x 1.5 mm?

Also this from Google so I think the spec on the O-rings might be conservative.

Food grade silicone can generally function in temperatures varying between -60°C and +250°C (special grades up to +300°C). In hot temperatures, the food grade silicone keeps its shape and integrity without undergoing any heat-related deformation.

zeusjames,
Reactions: LesPlenty

vapviking

Old & In the Way
There is a round filter that floats in the center of the oven chamber. It appears to have an o'ring. I have not been able to find spare filters or spare o'rings. I want to be prepared if/when I eventually need a replacement.

What size is the o'ring? My best guess is 8 mm ID and 10 mm OD with a thickness of 1 mm ???
Did you get a couple of spares in the original package? I'm surprised how long the first one has lasted for me.

What is an OG?

OG=original
I think the term originated in urban slang (rap/hip-hop), O.G., Original Gangster (Gangsta) , as-in authentic, the real deal, original. Has slid into mainstream simply as "original". I'd love to know more about its origin.

I think in this case, Les is using it as the equivalent to O.E.M., Original Equipment Manufacturer.

Sorry guys, couldn't help myself...!

zeusjames

Did you get a couple of spares in the original package? I'm surprised how long the first one has lasted for me.

Two spares with the full kit none in the lite kit. Another reason to get the full kit. Those are the ones I am trying to measure. I haven't replaced one yet.

I am using the chambers as removable dosing capsules which requires pre filling. When on the unit there doesn't seem to be an issue with a loose fitting screen/divider. However lifting the prefilled chamber off its storage peg sometimes results in the filter dropping down. I would like to have a little resistance from the o-ring to help with handling when off the unit.

The slightly wider 1.5 mm o-rings recommended by @LesPlenty might be better for my needs and I will give them a try. Only 6 bucks at Amazon for a pack of thirty although a different material so I can experiment with a few different sizes but I'll start with his rec.

I am surprised the chamber filter plates are not sold as spare parts.:( I also don't see the o-rings as spare parts. Also I don't see any o-ring specs in the documentation.

I am catching up with the terminology and the abbreviations but I have a long way to go.

zeusjames,

WetWithSharp

Yup, that’s good, the mesh has better air flow, use them with Joda wpa/stems, Delta3d 10mm baskets work just fine, available at POTV. Mesh screen in the mp grommet is nice upgrade as well.

Are you talking about these or something else?

https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/basket-screens-for-extreme-q-e-nano

Do you just take out the screen-plate and o-ring in the glass chamber above the heating element and use one of these instead? Do you flip them upside down in the chamber so that the basket is upside down? I figured that would keep the bottom of the basket from resting entirely on the heating element floor and also put some space between the flower and the element.

Last edited:
WetWithSharp,

zeusjames

Subtotal$180.00
Coupon: jingle-$39.60 [Remove]

My apologies, I did try it before I posted. I have other things in my cart so it must be using them too. With the current code WONDER the total is about half what you get with code JINGLE. WONDER is for 10 % off the entire order. Code JINGLE gets me about 20 % off the entire order. I don't know if the discount is evenly distributed.

Subtotal$247.00
Coupon: jingle-$54.34 [Remove]

zeusjames,

Petetbay

Are you talking about these or something else?
Yes
Do you just take out the screen-plate and o-ring in the glass chamber above the heating element and use one of these instead? Do you flip them upside down in the chamber so that the basket is upside down? I figured that would keep the bottom of the basket from resting entirely on the heating element floor and also put some space between the flower and the element.
Yes replace the screen w/oring and can use the basket either way open end to the heater doesn’t alter the air and may improve it as this is how I run it with the JoDa stem, but reduces the bowl size a bit with stock bowls though it makes a good microdoser and with some hemp fiber top and bottom can make an excellent hash vape. This device does a whole lot neat stuff.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Two spares with the full kit none in the lite kit. Another reason to get the full kit.
You should have got 2x spares, even in the lite kit, under the q-tips in the pic, some only found them in the pack after looking again.
witb-lite-kit.png

I also don't see the o-rings as spare parts.
I have asked them to be added to the site but I would recommend the ones I linked as they fit better IMO and are only $2 for 30.

zeusjames

There is a rubber ring (not an o-ring, it has grooves) with a plate filter mounted in the center. It is mounted in the mouth piece and positioned over the oven chamber. One side is flat and the other is tapered (convex).

Which side goes up? The flat side or the taper? In other words does the taper face the oven chamber or does the flat side face the oven chamber? It mounts either way.

I struggled a bit installing the ring. After a good clean to remove resin I was able to install it without too much trouble. I don't have good luck with alcohol as a cleaning agent for resin. I used vegetable oil to clean my hands after working with my home grown harvest. I soaked the rubber ring in olive oil over night. The resin became very soft and I scraped it off and then washed in soapy water.

The best detailed images that I have seen were posted by @LesPlenty but I still could not determine which side faces up.

You should have got 2x spares, even in the lite kit, under the q-tips in the pic, some only found them in the pack after looking again.

That looks like what I have. I will have to look inside the full kit box to see if I missed something there.

zeusjames,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Which side goes up? The flat side or the taper? In other words does the taper face the oven chamber or does the flat side face the oven chamber? It mounts either way.
I pay more attention to the flat screen.
First put the sceen in its goove in the silicone. Note that it is offset, favoring one side of the silicone grommet.
Then, when installing this little assembly, put it in so the screen will be down, closer to the chamber top. It becomes the "top" of the chamber on final assembly.
When viewed from above (the mp side) there will be a little recess to the flat screen.

To install, I place the grommet atop my upright pinky finger and bring the mouthpiece cap down onto it. Seat it by pushing on the perimeter of the gasket, rather than pushing the screen itself.
It does become easier once you find a method that works for you.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I rarely remove it anyway, I clean it with an iso swab (from both sides) every once in a while.

I don't mind if some gunk remains around the perimeter...and you can quote me on that in the Quotes Taken Out Of Context Thread!

WetWithSharp

Yes

Yes replace the screen w/oring and can use the basket either way open end to the heater doesn’t alter the air and may improve it as this is how I run it with the JoDa stem, but reduces the bowl size a bit with stock bowls though it makes a good microdoser and with some hemp fiber top and bottom can make an excellent hash vape. This device does a whole lot neat stuff.
I have a quick question about this also. I was debating on getting these anyways for the top filter screen in the mouth piece. They were recommended from the people here for the roffu.

https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p86/VapCap_Mesh_Screen_Replacements.html

I know you can use these for the top screen in the filter/mouth-piece...but could I use these screens for in the chamber/bowl above the heating element, instead of the o-ring and plate-screen? ....Or would the best bet be getting these for the filters up-top and the bucket screens for the chamber below?

WetWithSharp,

hinglemccringleberry

Had my maiden voyage with this vape this weekend. Here are my initial thoughts:

I've never experienced vapor this cool, it feels like I'm not getting anything until 12 seconds into my 15 second draw and then I blow a massive cloud that cashes nearly my entire 0.08 load. The best way for me to use it is as a "2-hitter" which is all I seem to be able to get out of 0.08 anyway. (For reference, I get over twice as many hits from 0.08 in my Dynavap, but the vapor is definitely hotter and a bit harsher in that device). That fixes the problem of the Roffu getting hot. I'm in and out before the unit reaches those hot potato temperatures.

The flavor leaves a lot to be desired. I'm having the same issue I had with the Fury 2/Edge, where I seem to get the same muted flavor at 360 as I am at 400, and it's just kind of the same from start to finish. Even with the glass chamber. I think it's all of the silicone in the airpath. The low temps flavor on my Pax 2 blows the Roffu low temp flavor out of the water with the same amount of herb, sad to say, though everything else about the Roffu blows the Pax out of the water. The first 'terpy' hit on the Roffu doesn't really even exist, not compared to my Pax 2 and Milaana 3.

I ditched those Roffu chamber screens with the o-rings around them, and am using a rimless basket screen instead which is much more convenient to fiddle with IMO.

Overall a nice vape for getting medicated quickly, draw resistance is perfect, the way it loads is perfect, I just wish the flavor was better.

Last edited:

zeusjames

Thanks to all. I will now refer to the ring as a grommet. It would be helpful if we had an exploded view with components identified with part numbers if they exist. Half the time I am not sure what screen posters are referring to.

I had one of my Roffus with the grommet installed one way and the other installed the other. Now both have been installed correctly. It is easy when you know how and are working with clean parts. Just a little bit of resin makes it very difficult. Now the most difficult task is placing the tiny screen in the grommet. As @vapviking mentioned you need to push towards the perimeter of the assembly. That is difficult for me using my finger. I found the perfect tool. The stainless steel storage tube that came with the dosing capsules is the perfect size and worked like a charm.

I had a feeling the one with the flat side up wasn't right when I noticed weed escaping the oven chamber and collecting on the filter. As vapviking mentioned it is the top of the oven chamber and helps keep the weed in place.

+1 but the hacks I mentioned before with replacing the stamped plate help...a bit!
Post #? I did try pressing in place a 3/4 inch screen but have since removed it. It improved the draw but did not do a good job of keeping the weed in the oven. The video you posted cinched the deal it was very clear what was up and what was down.

zeusjames,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
but could I use these screens for in the chamber/bowl above the heating element
No, will not hold in the roasting tube.
I just wish the flavor was better.
Lower temps (never over 180c/355 unless on a bong myself) and the WPA/glass mouthpiece fitted directly over the cooling unit (CU) cuts out most of the black silicon and improve flavor noticeably when the unit is brand new. The silicon seems to fully cure with age and becomes less of a problem. I sped the process by airing the silicon in the sun on a window sill for a few days, others had good results from oven baking for a few hours with low heat (95c/200f max)
Half the time I am not sure what screen posters are referring to.
The terms are pretty generic...for vapers!
It would be helpful if we had an exploded view with components identified
Page 3 of your manual has the exploded view with descriptions (and shows the grommet orientation), no part numbers though.:tup:

hinglemccringleberry

Lower temps (never over 180c/355 unless on a bong myself) and the WPA/glass mouthpiece fitted directly over the cooling unit (CU) cuts out most of the black silicon and improve flavor noticeably when the unit is brand new. The silicon seems to fully cure with age and becomes less of a problem. I sped the process by airing the silicon in the sun on a window sill for a few days, others had good results from oven baking for a few hours with low heat (95c/200f max)
Thanks.
Have you ever used the Roffu without the spiral cooling piece and gasket?
I just realized it is possible to run the mouthpiece without that piece.
I would try this myself right now but won't be able to vape again for another almost 24 hours...
I'm wondering if there are flavor gains to be had...

Last edited:
Top Bottom