• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

XVape XLUX ROFFU

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I only use the SS tube, as it helps with conduction. I use a 3 minute session mode, so I don’t have to hold the button. I hit it twice, at 3 different temps increasingly. After my last hit at each temp., I turn it off clearing the vapor, and often, pull the top cap off to aid in quicker cooldown, as I’m not hitting it till a bit later. This is the first device I’ve owned that in my opinion, is truly hybrid convection/conduction.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
You can cobble together a mouthpiece if you have some glass and some silicon hose, in the video. I do pack the load but only to show the gap with the funnel, lightly filling the bowl is my fav way.
Thanks, Les. After seeing this I rummaged a bit, came up with two parts from a MiniVap. The glass 14mm wpa and a flexicone+. The flexicone+ directly accepts the glass Roffu chamber, then the 14mm male to whatever, jhook, etc.

I should have done it later in the day, boy was I kinda wasted at about 7 yesterday morning...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Sorry for doubling posts.
I've taken Roffu out of service, there is an issue.

The heater is developing heat without the Roffu being powered on (nothing on the screen). Not a full heat-up, but the heater screen does become too hot to want to touch with finger.
There are two things which can precipitate the heat;
1. Unit on usb-c charge, remove from charger and heat develops within 10-15 seconds, dissipates in a minute or so.
Happens regardless of battery's charge status.
2. Remove and replace battery, same thing with heating up.
#2 seems to be consistent (every time now) while #1 seems intermittent.

I first noticed when I charged it with the cap removed the other day. Took it off charge and inadvertently touched the heater screen.

I'll be filing an rma today or tomorrow...

Sorry for doubling posts.
I've taken Roffu out of service, there is an issue.

The heater is developing heat without the Roffu being powered on (nothing on the screen). Not a full heat-up, but the heater screen does become too hot to want to touch with finger.
There are two things which can precipitate the heat;
1. Unit on usb-c charge, remove from charger and heat develops within 10-15 seconds, dissipates in a minute or so.
Happens regardless of battery's charge status.
2. Remove and replace battery, same thing with heating up.
#2 seems to be consistent (every time now) while #1 seems intermittent.

I first noticed when I charged it with the cap removed the other day. Took it off charge and inadvertently touched the heater screen.

I'll be filing an rma today or tomorrow...
Damn, gonna have to keep an eye out. Don't want mine cycling on in the bag I keep it in.. Might pop the battery.

This is a known fault that was supposed to have been fixed, PM sent to get you sorted @vapviking.:tup:
Any hint as to when it was fixed so I can be less paranoid? Bought mine in the last month-45 days.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Any hint as to when it was fixed so I can be less paranoid?
I am curious as well
Both should be right, as the @vapviking unit should have been. This was talked about (and was supposed to be fixed) quite a few pages back, was not like the Tera fault as this only happens to the Roffu straight after a battery charge or battery swap.
Easy to check. Simply charge the unit and when the battery is full, remove the USB-C cable while your finger is on top of the heater. If it gets hot (most with the problem will heat for 15-20 seconds then stop) without turning it on. If this does happen then you can open a ticket or call directly for help,
Email: Support@xvapeusa.com
Phone: 9095171100
:cheers:

Mad_Max

I just held this stem on the top of the heater - sorta fits. It's the only way I can use it temporarily. I sure can tell the difference between 5 degrees easily! Finding the right temp was a challenge to keep from scorching it. Kinda did - it's vaped a little uneven. Despite the handicap, I really like the effect!

Last edited:

2tiki

In the last couple weeks I've been noticing it get harder and harder to draw the air. Yesterday there were a few times where I could barely get any air through. I thought maybe I've been packing it too tightly even though it didn't seem like it while packing. I tried sucking through the WPA while disconnected from the body, and there was little to no resistance. I put it back on the body with NOTHING in the bowl at all, and it was very hard to draw air. I took the bowl out of the body in case that was the issue, but it made no difference.

For a while I would say it felt like 10% or less of the air I was expecting was coming through, but then I loaded it up and a few draws were about at that 10%, but some felt better at about maybe 20-30% of what it used to feel like a couple weeks ago. But by the end of the bowl it was back to that 10% feeling.

I've only taken the Roffu out of my house 2 times, and both times I kept it in the hard case that came with it from 4203edc, and the rest of the time it sits on my table. So I can't imagine anything has gotten into the device to clog it.

Anyone have this experience? Any solutions?

I've also had the experience some others talked about as far as the device turning on when I didn't click it 5 times, a few times it did it when I just picked it up off the table. The screen lights up a bit, but no text shows up. I haven't thought to touch the heater to see if the heater turns on as well or not. I guess I will call the company in a few minutes and talk to them about it.

In the last couple weeks I've been noticing it get harder and harder to draw the air. Yesterday there were a few times where I could barely get any air through. I thought maybe I've been packing it too tightly even though it didn't seem like it while packing. I tried sucking through the WPA while disconnected from the body, and there was little to no resistance. I put it back on the body with NOTHING in the bowl at all, and it was very hard to draw air. I took the bowl out of the body in case that was the issue, but it made no difference.

For a while I would say it felt like 10% or less of the air I was expecting was coming through, but then I loaded it up and a few draws were about at that 10%, but some felt better at about maybe 20-30% of what it used to feel like a couple weeks ago. But by the end of the bowl it was back to that 10% feeling.

I've only taken the Roffu out of my house 2 times, and both times I kept it in the hard case that came with it from 4203edc, and the rest of the time it sits on my table. So I can't imagine anything has gotten into the device to clog it.

I've also had the experience some others talked about as far as the device turning on when I didn't click it 5 times, a few times it did it when I just picked it up off the table. The screen lights up a bit, but no text shows up. I haven't thought to touch the heater to see if the heater turns on as well or not. I guess I will call the company in a few minutes and talk to them about it.
After the first full cleaning I performed on my Roffu and then went to use it, I had a similar issue. I'm not 100% what I did but I had somehow had the filter in wrong (think I maybe pushed the metal part inside the silicone in an odd position). Anyway, it resulted in almost no airflow when I went to go use it. All I did to resolve this was tear it down again and put everything back again. All this to say, try messing with the filter or do a quick test with it removed to see if that's where the resistance is coming from.

Old Stoner1958

Is the air intake holes on the side above the power button clogged?

Old Stoner1958,
Reactions: LesPlenty

2tiki

Is the air intake holes on the side above the power button clogged?
They don't seem to be, and I have no idea what could clog them with the way I use it.

UPDATE: I called support, and they said that even just the electronic issues are enough for them to send a replacement. The will also be paying for shipping to have me return the current unit so they can figure out what's going on. While I was on the phone they put in the replacement order and said I should have it within 1-3 days due to where I live, so I should be back up and running at full speed by the end of the week.

This is how people want a company's support to behave, but not many do. I'm still very happy with my Roffu over all, and getting this kind of support is how you build brand loyalty.

Sorry I don't know how to do multiple quotes from different people on here. @noceb0 mentioned the filter being a possible issue. What filter?

I tried sucking on the oven hole (sorry, that sounds so wrong) without the device on of course, and I could still hardly get any air through it.

Cjk0812

They don't seem to be, and I have no idea what could clog them with the way I use it.

UPDATE: I called support, and they said that even just the electronic issues are enough for them to send a replacement. The will also be paying for shipping to have me return the current unit so they can figure out what's going on. While I was on the phone they put in the replacement order and said I should have it within 1-3 days due to where I live, so I should be back up and running at full speed by the end of the week.

This is how people want a company's support to behave, but not many do. I'm still very happy with my Roffu over all, and getting this kind of support is how you build brand loyalty.

Sorry I don't know how to do multiple quotes from different people on here. @noceb0 mentioned the filter being a possible issue. What filter?

I tried sucking on the oven hole (sorry, that sounds so wrong) without the device on of course, and I could still hardly get any air through it.

While shitty that your device is down and out for a little bit, that is some fantastic customer service and is really making me want to get my hands on one of these guys really soon with what I've heard about the performance.

As time goes on I'm hoping they release even more aftermarket pieces for it. I know there are the stem-loaded avaliable wpas from another member here and the official wpa but I'd love to see a magnetic glass on glass wpa that would esentially take the place of the stock mouth piece personally.

someTooL

I’ve found my way into a Puff count screen a couple of times now. I will admit both times were in the dark when try to adjust temp. I’ve simply turned it off then back on to reset. Is there some pattern to follow to get into other modes…that I should not be in lol

2tiki

I didn't realize that was a filter. I assume you are referring to the screen in the upper separate unit from the body. Like I mentioned, I took anything that could come off the body, off the body, and put my mouth directly over the oven and that was the only part I sucked on that gave resistance.

I'm pretty sure that support said they hadn't heard anyone else have the airflow issue, so hopefully it's some sort of fluke.

I really do get the feeling that that Xvape cares more than some other companies, and the Roffu (despite some of the issues that have popped up for a couple people) is without a doubt IMO the best vape for my needs for under 2-3 times the cost of any vape that could be a better choice.

I too would love to see some different accessories. I would like a stem-load glass that can work with a full lid. If the full glass piece got thin enough to fit through the top magnetic piece to hold the glass in there, or a custom top piece that does, either would be great.

Has anyone who bought the 3rd party one had any issues with that? Or are you all loving it. Does it hold the weight of the body no problem when at an angle on a glass piece, or do you need to support the body with your hand the whole time? If so, then maybe it really doesn't need the top part.

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU

Thanks for sharing!
I too would love to see some different accessories. I would like a stem-load glass that can work with a full lid. If the full glass piece got thin enough to fit through the top magnetic piece to hold the glass in there, or a custom top piece that does, either would be great.
That's what I'm waiting for because I use mine mainly out and about so I want some kind of protection using the top cap, until something better comes out I just use the factory WPA

RustyOldNail

If the full glass piece got thin enough to fit through the top magnetic piece to hold the glass in there,

My solution, as I had a Revole glass stem, I use pods without the screen in the silicone cap oring, but a native load in the load sleeve would also work with or without screen.

*Doubt there will ever be a stem load system for this, buy a Tinymight for that system!

Details and photo in my previous post here:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
*Doubt there will ever be a stem load system for this, buy a Tinymight for that system!
I think folks are already doing stem loading with Roffu, or maybe I'm not understanding your term.
Unless I see it all wrong, the wpa that @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd is making is a stem that gets loaded and fitted directly on to the oven, no cap piece used.
@LesPlenty did a video on the page before this one and I posted a photo on this page, using the glass chamber as a component for a stem load.

In other news, it does sound like calling for a service problem gets a faster response. I've spent two days with emails, 2 back & forths to get them the information they request (almost all of which is in my product registration, so not sure why I bothered with that).
Now that they have my information, a service ticket will be created for evaluation and they'll get back to me.
So much for "known issue"...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I guess I will call the company in a few minutes and talk to them about it.
I'm still very happy with my Roffu over all, and getting this kind of support is how you build brand loyalty.
Calling 9095171100 if you need warranty seems the fastest/easiest way to get help (if the problem cannot be fixed with forum advice)
I too would love to see some different accessories.
There are some being developed.
then maybe it really doesn't need the top part.
I never use the top part with my WPA hack and it has never moved, @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd all glass WPA is the best option I see available now for use on a j-hook or bong. I only use my OEM WPA/mouthpiece as a mouthpiece as it adds a little restriction that I do not like when on a bong/j-hook.
I have been asked to add the oven disc o-rings to our shop as they are consumable but until then if you need some I would recommend some 8mm OD with 1.5mm thickness. These stretch fit over the disc and holds the disc at any height you set it...a very tight fit to the point you have to wheel the disc into place in the stem then turn it sideways to lock it in.
I use similar to these,

RustyOldNail

I think folks are already doing stem loading with Roffu, or maybe I'm not understanding your term.
Unless I see it all wrong, the wpa that @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd is making is a stem that gets loaded and fitted directly on to the oven, no cap piece used.

Yes, you misunderstood my response. The glass maker is making WPA’s, not a stem load to MP, that’s WHY I left the Tinymight reference in my OG response…..

Cjk0812

Yes, you misunderstood my response. The glass maker is making WPA’s, not a stem load to MP, that’s WHY I left the Tinymight reference in my OG response…..

I'm honestly a little confused by what you mean. Wouldn't you essentially be able to use the stem load system they developes as a mouth piece? I know it'd probably be hot but it seems like it'd work?

Petetbay

The glass maker is making WPA’s, not a stem load to MP, that’s WHY I left the Tinymight reference in my OG response…..
Not really I already had a glass wpa, the expandable glass bowl/stem was the point of the exercise. The glass joint just allows you to use as a wpa or to many glass mp options. It to me looks like a Tinymight stem with a narrower glass tube.

oops I said word that I wasn’t suppose to say.

Last edited:

2tiki

Follow up on the issues I had.

The replacement showed up already. I charged the battery, then did a bunch of burn offs (without anything installed), and cleaned everything. Put on the WPA mouthpiece, and with nothing loaded I pulled some air and it was really hard to get the air flowing. This was the most concerning problem I had with the original unit, so I tried the original one to compare, and it was back to working great. As you can imagine, this confused the fuck out of me.

Then it dawned on me that I always use the Roffu with the silicone sleeve and I had transferred the sleeve to the new unit. So while I was still holding the new unit, I looked at the cut out spot for the airholes and it had shifted enough that it was blocking the air holes on the Roffu, but only while I held the device. When I put it down on the table, the springiness of the material made it go back to where it should be. One of the first things I had thought might have been the problem was the sleeve, but I always put it down before I looked at airholes, so I never knew that while I was holding it that was causing shifting. So now I just need to get used to holding it differently so that I don't cause that again.

As far as the electronic issues I had, they were sporadic, so it may take a couple days of using it before I know for sure the replacement doesn't have the same issues. But so far, so good!

The Roffu can get pretty hot for my comfort if used for multiple sessions in a row at the higher temps, which I often do, so I definitely want to keep the sleeve on, but I may end up making my own, or I may cut the hole around the air holes to make it large enough that if it shifts while I hold it, it would hopefully still not cover the Roffu's air holes.

I spent over a month doing a lot of research on what would be my next vape before deciding on the Roffu. I still very much feel like I made the right choice for my needs.

Top Bottom