XVape XLUX ROFFU

deadsouthernblake

Looking back over a few pages I noticed there were quite a few options out there to choose from on glass mouthpieces/stems that work with the ROFFU. (With some of those options being made by FC members!) I think it would be great if we could have a list of the different mouthpiece options that work great with the device. I'm sure this question will probably come come up often, especially from the newer and less experienced users. I know when reading over several pages of posts that's constantly being added to can get a little tiresome, unless you're making a list as you go through you probably won't remember half of them when you're done. LoL Or least that's what happened to me! I know that I seen quite a few that looked good and said to work great but when I got tired of scanning I couldn't remember but two or three. Then maybe I should have attempted the task before trying to run the battery dead on the ROFFU seeing who goes out first! LoL

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
but when I go tired of scanning I couldn't remember but two or three

Unfortunately, that’s the nature of a constantly moving thread/forum. Posts can get buried quickly as the pages scroll.
BUT…. there is a handy forum FEATURE called BOOKMARKS, whatever individual posts that you bookmark, show up in your USER MEMBER “TAB” at the top of the page. And when I create the bookmarks I add a description so when I look at the ones I saved I know what the subject matter was.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
But that would require searching this thread, or going back 5-10 pages and skimming
The Forum search function is not the easiest to navigate for sure.
there is a handy forum FEATURE called BOOKMARKS
That is a great option I did not know existed, now I know how people find those old posts so easily.:cheers:
Then maybe I should have attempted before trying to run the battery dead on the ROFFU!
Sounds like you need a spare battery, I am going to try Molicel P28a next time I order some batteries as they will run any herb vape with power to spare.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Can this thing milk like a baller or xl log? How's the draw? Max load size?

I'm not sure I would say that, it just doesn't not have that heater mass, perhaps more like a traditional log?? Draw is not as open as the V3P or something larger, not as quick as a desktop like that, not really an apt comparison... Although milks up well and is essentially a little battery powered digital log, the load size varies depending on the type of extraction you want and if you want to put up with stirring etc. This is only 345F:
I turned it off because I was using it on demand, in session mode so like a cruise auto fire, not realizing how easy it would be to remove the vape from the stem instead lol also because of how this bubbler gripped the WPA, as you might notice (I did not touch the hot stem even though looks like it in the video lol was trying to not cover air intake)

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Okay, this past Saturday was day 6 of my rma limbo.
I wrote my 3rd email, expressing that I thought treatment was uneven ( having emailed support as opposed to phoning), especially since I've been told that mine was a known issue. I told them a friend (well, someone here on FC...) had, in this time span already recieved a replacement.
I got a reply Sunday, new one being sent out of xvapeusa today.

To be clear, I don't think 6 days is onerous, I don't mind the wait. I mainly wanted to let them know this difference is not going unnoticed. I think others here have had more hassle with the email route as well.

JoeMama

FWIW I've been using the XMAX WPA ... hopefully this image shows up:

I love this thing.

@Old Stoner1958 you'd mentioned you're using dosing capsules... I just decided to try one out... as you say it requires a bit more stooch out of the battery to get the job done... I'm assuming that you've been using the capsules awhile: do you think they are efficient with getting the most out of the herb? I'd gotten into stirring (no capsule) after each progressive temp hit with good results. Although capsules are obviously good for easy portability for refiling, I presume a WPA was a more chill-at-home set up. Dumbest question of the year so far: Other than portability for refills, what other advantage is there to a capsule? mYgOdiFEelSoSTUpiD!

Last edited:

Petetbay

fire, not realizing how easy it would be to remove the vape from the stem instead lol also because of how this bubbler gripped the WPA, as you might notice (I did not touch the hot stem even though looks like it in the video lol was trying to not cover air intake)
I missed trying without the heater filter, works nice. Using the heater filter I found bond to the glassware joint less than the heater/stem bond and could easily remove the wpa one handed with a wiggle. With no heater filter you really don’t want to do this. I’m always trying to find the quickest most efficient procedure and this device opens up many options. :sherlock:

JoeMama said: Other than portability for refills, what other advantage is there to a capsule?

slightly cleaner
smaller load
more conduction
:2c:

Last edited:

Madtater

Dumbest question of the year so far: Other than portability for refills, what other advantage is there to a capsule? mYgOdiFEelSoSTUpiD!
Not a dumb question.

One added thing is that there is almost no cleaning.

Also, I started to use the SS stem with the caps for a bit of extra heating and it works AWESOME! I think it works better than the glass bowl.

Old Stoner1958

FWIW I've been using the XMAX WPA ... hopefully this image shows up:

I love this thing.

@Old Stoner1958 you'd mentioned you're using dosing capsules... I just decided to try one out... as you say it requires a bit more stooch out of the battery to get the job done... I'm assuming that you've been using the capsules awhile: do you think they are efficient with getting the most out of the herb? I'd gotten into stirring (no capsule) after each progressive temp hit with good results. Although capsules are obviously good for easy portability for refiling, I presume a WPA was a more chill-at-home set up. Dumbest question of the year so far: Other than portability for refills, what other advantage is there to a capsule? mYgOdiFEelSoSTUpiD!
With the capsules I remove the screen from the Cooling Unit. The capsules help keep the unit vleaner and I think they add a tiny bit of conduction to the mix. It's just the way I like to use my Roffu. The way I look at it is we are all different sooo.....Whatever floauts your boat.

Shit Snacks

I missed trying without the heater filter, works nice. Using the heater filter I found bond to the glassware joint less than the heater/stem bond and could easily remove the wpa one handed with a wiggle. With no heater filter you really don’t want to do this. I’m always trying to find the quickest most efficient procedure and this device opens up many options. :sherlock:
Sorry, heater filter?
Is this something specific to that fancy glass stem/wpa?

This confused me as well, are you saying remove the heater screen? The screen that seems to be fixed to the device over the heater? That that would help the WPA slip on and off easier? I didn't remember seeing that, not sure I want to try it either... I think the WPA sits tight enough and removes easy enough for the most part, yeah when it's hot it does want to stick a little more I suppose?

JoeMama

Not a dumb question.

One added thing is that there is almost no cleaning.

Also, I started to use the SS stem with the caps for a bit of extra heating and it works AWESOME! I think it works better than the glass bowl.
With the capsules I remove the screen from the Cooling Unit. The capsules help keep the unit vleaner and I think they add a tiny bit of conduction to the mix. It's just the way I like to use my Roffu. The way I look at it is we are all different sooo.....Whatever floauts your boat.
Thanks, both of ya, and @Petetbay
Ah the cleaning! :doh: And I was just looking at the cooling unit screen thinking that it should indeed be removed.

I imagine you've done as I have and (once the capsule is cool enough), removed and turned it around to get the airflow going from the other end.

So, with a capsule containing 0.07g, I hit it with 190, 210, and 220ºC each time turning the capsule around. Since it's a slightly smaller dose, it works out even better for me myself and I. Amazing!

Thing is, you all have no idea how much this makes my day. It don't take much. :clap:

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
With PODS/CAPSULES, you have to REMOVE the “load disk”, that normally sits in either the SS or glass “load stem”.
Otherwise, the top cap does NOT fully contact or seal.

I only use pods now with SS load stem, I posted the link in this thread for the @Delta3DStudios (5) Pod Load try which makes using pods the easiest way to enjoy them. I also use a glass Revolve stem, directly over the oven in place of the supplied glass in the Roffu WPA. It’s a direct airpath.

Petetbay

This confused me as well, are you saying remove the heater screen? The screen that seems to be fixed to the device over the heater?
No not the permanent screen on the heater. From your vid it appears you are not using the OG metal screen/oring on top of the the load, just the bucket screen on the water side. I have run a tight load in the wpa/stem without the bottom/heater screen ala Arizer and kept upright, but it’s not something you want to do normally.

2tiki

Sorry, heater filter?
Is this something specific to that fancy glass stem/wpa?
I was confused when I saw some people use the word, "filter". I think people are referring to the same thing that I would call a screen. I am curious if anyone that calls it a filter is from somewhere other than the US, or maybe a different part of the US than I am in.

And I believe the person talking about the one over the heater was probably referring to the metal disk (screen/filter) in the bowl itself, not the one attached to the top of the oven.

Shit Snacks

No not the permanent screen on the heater. From your vid it appears you are not using the OG metal screen/oring on top of the the load, just the bucket screen on the water side. I have run a tight load in the wpa/stem without the bottom/heater screen ala Arizer and kept upright, but it’s not something you want to do normally.

Oh, yeah, I wouldn't bother capping the load, because I'm using it upside down, as I always intend to with this WPA... So adding that screen on top of the load would only hurt here unless I wanted it to rob some heat... I figured it was just an option to use that screen, instead of the basket screen in my WPA, but I think I prefer a steel mesh screen there too...? I may want to flip the basket screen though, because herbs get trapped in the sides the way it is now...

JoeMama

And I believe the person talking about the one over the heater was probably referring to the metal disk (screen/filter) in the bowl itself, not the one attached to the top of the oven.
SO that makes two screens that are removed for the capsule: that little circle screen that fits inside the cylinder, and the grommeted screen in the cap.
I'm having second thoughts about that approach because then the capsule is swimming back and forth in free space; which if upside down, there is hardly metal-metal contact between the capsule and the oven sleeve. Has anyone else beat this to death like I am?

Oh, yeah, I wouldn't bother capping the load, because I'm using it upside down, as I always intend to with this WPA... So adding that screen on top of the load would only hurt here unless I wanted it to rob some heat... I figured it was just an option to use that screen, instead of the basket screen in my WPA, but I think I prefer a steel mesh screen there too...? I may want to flip the basket screen though, because herbs get trapped in the sides the way it is now...
So then you have the grommeted screen in place in the cap, correct? Else how would the herb stay contained? Herb still doesn't get everywhere inside the cap?! :hmm:

Well that’s a shame, I was hoping ceramic/zirconia to fit like the OG mp, probably no magnets too. Maybe some things still coming like the V3Pro, had the silicone wpa then the wpa/glass mp adapters that were far superior with the magnet fix as well. Can only hope. I think Les said something about another mp.
Do you know if there are any aftermarket product WPA's other than this one that I'm using:

So far I've had no issues with this rather simple thing. Good seal.

Shit Snacks

So then you have the grommeted screen in place in the cap, correct? Else how would the herb stay contained? Herb still doesn't get everywhere inside the cap?! :hmm:

Huh? No... I think you're confused, I am using the JoDa glass stem WPA... I'm not using the cooling unit cap etc at all, not a stock chamber or stock pathway... Which you can see in my video lol

Do you know if there are any aftermarket product WPA's other than this one that I'm using

See the WPA I'm talking about above

LesPlenty

Company Rep
efficient with getting the most out of the herb?
The caps are great for getting an even roast without having to stir...the little bit of conduction also make a nice small change to the overall experience.
a WPA was a more chill-at-home set up.
Not as easy to 'pocket' but I took my OEM WPA/mouthpiece camping and used the WPA/MP while at base and the OG CU while bushwalking, it was great in that situation.
what other advantage is there to a capsule?
The bit of conduction adds a nice change to the vaping profile
it’s not something you want to do normally.
Oh, yeah, I wouldn't bother capping the load, because I'm using it upside down
Mine also lives upside down (in Australia after all :lol:) without the roasting tube disc/filter when used on my hack.

maremaresing

SO that makes two screens that are removed for the capsule: that little circle screen that fits inside the cylinder, and the grommeted screen in the cap.
I'm having second thoughts about that approach because then the capsule is swimming back and forth in free space; which if upside down, there is hardly metal-metal contact between the capsule and the oven sleeve. Has anyone else beat this to death like I am?

You remove the bottom one otherwise it doesn't fit well. You remove the top one because you no longer need it. It doesn't flop around in there, it fits. You'll see if you try it with the bottom screen in.

I use pods because I can load a bunch and forget, along with the cleaning issues. Because again, the Roffu doesn't have a way to clean the airpath, so I don't want stuff getting into the heater area.

For me, I really enjoy the "never interact with the dry herb" nature of the roffu with capsules. Just change a cap like swapping a battery. Very nice.

JoeMama

@LesPlenty thanks for the detailed reply!
I'd been using a temperature "gradient" going from 180 to 220º in three steps to get the most out of the load while stirring.
It seems like it's best to just put it at a high temp to get the whole mass heated fast.

Huh? No... I think you're confused, I am using the JoDa glass stem WPA... I'm not using the cooling unit cap etc at all, not a stock chamber or stock pathway... Which you can see in my video lol
You're correct, I'm confused, but I see the light now! Very interesting with no cap. No dosing capsule either, nice!
You remove the bottom one otherwise it doesn't fit well. You remove the top one because you no longer need it. It doesn't flop around in there, it fits. You'll see if you try it with the bottom screen in.
Thanks... by flop around I mean linear movement through the cylinder, there's an excursion. It probably doesn't matter at the end of the day; it's still in the hot air path.

Thanks evvybuddy.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
It seems like it's best to just put it at a high temp to get the whole mass heated fast.
No harm in temp stepping to drag out a load if that is your preference as starting as low as 150C/300f still gets clouds.
I mean linear movement through the cylinder,
The caps can move up and down a tiny bit but most, if not all of the hot air goes thru the load, they are a snug fit.
I have used the caps with the roasting tube disc still installed (forgot to take it out), it seals fine but the CU does sit up on the oven side a smidge.

Top Bottom