• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

XVape XLUX ROFFU

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I have sent an update request to see what is happening.:tup:
I have been using the new adjustable glass mouthpiece a lot the last few days and while it does not cool quite as well as the spiral it is more than adequate at cooling and feels great to use. Another upside to the glass is that it fits nicely into my iso-filled plastic test tube for a quick shake or deep ultrasonic clean.

Hi @LesPlenty
Just received the Glass MP.
Finding the restriction to be 2-3x harder now, is that the expected experience?

Also wondering what the side holes are for in the extendable glass stem? If the glass stem is pulled fully UP, those holes are blocked by the silicone WPA sleeve, but pushing it down, EXPOSING the holes, the airflow does NOT seem to increase at all.
Any TIPS on this?
Thanks.

RustyOldNail,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
holes, the airflow does NOT seem to increase at all.
Any TIPS on this?
I too find a little more restriction, not 2 or 3x though. You can adjust the airflow by having more or less intake holes open on the glass depending on the height. The following shows the position for the highest flow rate that I have found,
1668306572040-jpg.42039

A straight shot from the oven into the glass plus vapor can get in from all sides, not just the bottom of the glass.

LesPlenty,

Spin0620

I too find a little more restriction, not 2 or 3x though. You can adjust the airflow by having more or less intake holes open on the glass depending on the height. The following shows the position for the highest flow rate that I have found,
1668306572040-jpg.42039

A straight shot from the oven into the glass plus vapor can get in from all sides, not just the bottom of the glass.
Where did you find this mouth piece? I can't find it in their store.

Spin0620,
Reactions: LesPlenty

RustyOldNail

Y
1668306572040-jpg.42039

Thanks, I went back several pages, and someone mentioned when the MP is pushed all the way down, the bottom hole is then blocked, so hence the side holes. None of these positions see to increase the airflow for me. But upon using, the newly added restriction, actually helps me not draw too fast, a tendency I have on all my vapes.

I have noticed a drop in flavor, without the ceramic CU, seems now it’s just hitting the top of the silicone first. It’s odd, as it’s such a short silicone path, before it would get to the intake on the glass stem. I may try using the ceramic CU with the OG glass stem removed, to see if it makes a taste difference. Not for cooling, I don’t have any cooling issues with the new glass MP.

My Simrell stems fit in the silicone MP, bulging the opening a bit, I’d buy a 2nd MP if I use it in this configuration. The cooling might be too much with a Simrell, but you can remove the Vortex. Obviously, any proper sized glass tube would work, funny I have nothing that size….

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I can't find it in their store.
Here you go,
None of these positions see to increase the airflow for me.
It is only minor, but I am sure there is a slight difference.
funny I have nothing that size….
Me neither, most stuff I have is about 12mm but a DV M body is close and would open up airflow a bit with its thinner walls and larger ID than the standard glass.
I have noticed a drop in flavor, without the ceramic CU
As noted earlier, you can run with the ceramic spiral but it will increase airflow even more.
The flavour may improve as your new silicon ages a little.

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

I didn't care for the vapor bouncing off the silicon either so I've been using the wpa with the glass fully extended and the flange mating to the filter gasket. It makes it a straight shot from bowl to exit but it kinda gives me a down stem that doesn't fit well in some glass

RustyOldNail

I didn't care for the vapor bouncing off the silicon either so I've been using the wpa with the glass fully extended and the flange mating to the filter gasket. It makes it a straight shot from bowl to exit but it kinda gives me a down stem that doesn't fit well in some glass

Certainly improves the airflow, seems to make an airtight connection too. Will have to see if I miss any cooling, but flavor should be improved also.

BTW: The glass stems from the MadHeaters DV “Revolve” FIT in the MP.

RustyOldNail

I wonder if they even knew it could be used in a DIRECT mode. Didn’t see it mentioned or shown in that configuration anywhere.

You lose the telescoping of the glass stem, which I use fully extended anyway, and the side cut holes get blocked, but I think the diameter of the stem influences the draw, as I didn’t notice any additional airflow with the MP in the default position, and stem half way down, exposing both bottom and side cut holes. (just my informal inhale tests).

However, in the non-stock position, stem directly over the oven glass, you get rid of the entire silicone air path. Even though the vapor will be hotter, it should be more flavorful. I have yet to test this MP position.

WetWithSharp

Hello! I have a few questions! To give some context, this will be the first portable vape I've had since the original Magic Flight days (a long time ago). I switched to an SSV after that and never went back to portable. I'm still very satisfied with the SSV but I finally decided to get a new portable and landed on this one after much research.

What are the starter tips for first-time use of this? First-time cleaning procedure before first use? What is the deal with the screen in the glass bowl? As in,...I ordered an extra set of roffu "filter" but from the pictures it looks like it's for the mouth-piece (or something else) because the screens look different than the one in the bowl and it has a black thing around it?

As far as the 18650 batteries and a charger....what are you supposed to do with those at first? Charge them fully first before use or it doesnt matter? For general use, should I be making sure to always run the batteries down to empty every time before recharging?

Last edited:
WetWithSharp,

Old Stoner1958

What are the starter tips for first-time use of this? First-time cleaning procedure before first use?
Here is some useful info you might find handy.
You will get 2 O rings for the filter in the chamber with the kit. There does not seem to be a way to order them seperately. I wish there was.

Last edited:

WetWithSharp

Here is some useful info you might find handy.
You will get 2 O rings for the filter in the chamber with the kit. There does not seem to be a way to order them seperately. I wish there was.

This is exactly the type of thing I was looking for, so thank you! I'm very excited to get my order and see how this goes. I will post impressions after I recieve it and get everything sorted. This my first new vape toy in a very long time and I'm used to using an ssv.

I'm a little confused by that guide mentioning to not put the device in direct sunlight. Why does it say that?

I'm a bit unclear on the silion ring against the sliding-screen in the bowl. Not sure which side is up-side. The o-ring,...that should be underneath the sliding-screen and pressed against the stationary heating screen?

I have two quality 18650 batteries and an external charger coming also but it's from a separate retailer so it may arrive later than the roffu. Is it alright if I use the on-board USB charging and the included 18650 battery for the intial "burn-off" runs and stuff? I was going to avoid using that at all anyways since that's usually recommended but I assume it wont hurt in this case.

Also, is it better to fully deplete your batteries before charging them up fully again or does it not matter?

Last edited:
WetWithSharp,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
this will be the first portable vape I've had since the original Magic Flight days (a long time ago)
Welcome to the club!
I ordered an extra set of roffu "filter"
They are for the cooling unit, not really needed.
Charge them fully first before use or it doesnt matter?
It is a good idea to fully charge new lithium batteries before first use in any device.
For general use, should I be making sure to always run the batteries down to empty every time
To get the most extended life from an 18650 is to stay between 50-80%. That said, I quite often deplete mine completely and always charge completely in the Roffu even though I have a SC4 Nitecore charger. The Roffu cuts off the power at about 3v and the 18650 battery is safe to go as low as 2.5v so the device looks after the battery well.
I'm a little confused by that guide mentioning to not put the device in direct sunlight. Why does it say that?
Due to the plastic display screen maybe? I never worried about that myself but it is a good point.
I'm a bit unclear on the silion ring against the sliding-screen in the bowl. Not sure which side is up-side. The o-ring,...that should be underneath the sliding-screen and pressed against the stationary heating screen?
It will make sense once you have it in hand.
I will get on it!:tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Petetbay

RustyOldNail

However, in the non-stock position, stem directly over the oven glass, you get rid of the entire silicone air path. Even though the vapor will be hotter, it should be more flavorful. I have yet to test this MP position.

Followup:
@LesPlenty Since I don’t believe there is a manual, perhaps suggest to the company, that they include information on their site and future advertising on using the new WPA in the “direct path” position. I think it would be a potential SELLING point as well as yet another option.

I used the SS tube, and capsule. If you make sure the glass stem is all the way up, it makes an airtight seal from what I could tell by playing with all the parts, and I always make sure the silicone gasket with screen is all the way in properly.

I start at low temp, my unit runs HOT, meaning the temperature reading is not accurate, as a few others reported. Not that it matters, you just have to find your low and high temps you like. So, at 280f, I then temp step by 15 degrees, the capsules don’t hold quite as much as the bare load stem, but the positives are a much cleaner device, less internals to clean when you go “direct path” too.

Flavor was very good, first few hits, better then with the stock coiling spiral, and much better then the new MP in the “standard” position, on opposite side of load stem, that is a longer mostly silicone path, and robs flavor. The vapor was NOT too hot for me, which was surprising, not sure how hot the vapor and stem might get for those users that prefer really high temps and many back to back sessions.

Flavor held for longer as I temp stepped. 3-4 steps before I dump the load, I don’t go for too dark a roast, makes me cough more, and zero flavor. I tend to finish my sessions when the taste is really gone.

I really prefer vaping from the glass stem WPA then the stock flat top piece, as well as the flavor boost. If you want to use it as a 14mm WPA, in your water rig, the glass stem may or may not have to be removed. I found a bunch of my glass rigs have a wide enough straight down tube, so the glass tube sticking out of the WPA, went in fine. I may just buy another WPA, to use for rigs, and more capsules now. Anyways, that’s my followup findings…..

WetWithSharp

Welcome to the club!

They are for the cooling unit, not really needed.

It is a good idea to fully charge new lithium batteries before first use in any device.

To get the most extended life from an 18650 is to stay between 50-80%. That said, I quite often deplete mine completely and always charge completely in the Roffu even though I have a SC4 Nitecore charger. The Roffu cuts off the power at about 3v and the 18650 battery is safe to go as low as 2.5v so the device looks after the battery well.

Due to the plastic display screen maybe? I never worried about that myself but it is a good point.

It will make sense once you have it in hand.

I will get on it!:tup:

Thank you so much for all of this! So it's actually the opposite of what I was thinking and it's better not to ever let them deplete completely? Interesting.

About how long is the lifespan generally of a 18650 battery if given proper care?

Last edited:
WetWithSharp,

RustyOldNail

Roffu rips at 380. Glad to see others enjoying the straight shot wpa

SORRY, I didn’t CREDIT you for the ORIGINAL idea hack. I went back, and saw you made the first post. The KPP HACK!

I’m only using my Roffu in this configuration now, seems to solve every issue I had with the OG ceramic MP. With the full extension of the glass stem on the new WPA, I can now hold the device in my hand in a “natural” position without contorting my arm and hand, instead of trying to suck sideways on a “soap bar”. I just tested some other rigs I have, and the extended glass stem fits inside both my Sherlock J-Hooks, so don’t need to remove it for 14mm female joints, in most of my other water rigs too!

While the designers may not have thought of using the new WPA in the “DIRECT PATH” position, the parts line up perfectly. Luck or not, I’ll be reaching for the Roffu more often now. While it’s not a Tinymight, it does something most of my other devices do not. Dare I say it’s the first device I own that allows a decent adjustable way to tune between conduction and convection, depending on the glass or metal loading tubes used, as well as capsules.

Anyways, THANKS for figuring out the direct glass path configuration, something they should advertise.

Oh, want to add: The AIRFLOW is now incredible, with no silicone or ceramic maze in the path….

Last edited:

2tiki

While the designers may not have thought of using the new WPA in the “DIRECT PATH” position, the parts line up perfectly. Luck or not, I’ll be reaching for the Roffu more often now. While it’s not a Tinymight, it does something most of my other devices do not. Dare I say it’s the first device I own that allows a decent adjustable way to tune between conduction and convection, depending on the glass or metal loading tubes used, as well as capsules.

Anyways, THANKS for figuring out the direct glass path configuration, something they should advertise.

Oh, want to add: The AIRFLOW is now incredible, with no silicone or ceramic maze in the path….

Have you vaped directly through the WPA as a moth piece? I am wondering if it is too hot like that.

Pachena

About how long is the lifespan generally of a 18650 battery if given proper care?

Teslas have used a variety of Li-ion batteries. Model S/X started with 18650's (for reference, a P85 contains 7104 cells.) Model 3/Y uses mostly 2170's, but they are transitioning to 4680's. Tesla's apparently have very advanced battery management software and technology (thermal management).

Tesla Li-Ion batteries seem to last a LONG time.

That being said, it's much more important in a car where one can't easily replace a single cell.

I wouldn't worry too much about babying your cells wrt charge levels.

Top Bottom