• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

XVape XLUX ROFFU

Texus

Ended up getting the opportunity to test out the Roffu, and it's not too shabby!

I've done 5 sessions so far. Two of which were On-Demand and the glass bowl. Two were session and glass bowl. Final one was session mode with the metal bowl.
First bowl the battery ended at 4.12v. I accidentally kept it on the charger for a few mins, so that ended up going up a tad. 2nd session ended up at 4.06. Ended up charging to 4.08 (accidentally again :)). 3rd bowl ended 3.92 . 3.88 The 4th. 3.82 the 5th. So so far, battery life seems to do better than I had expected. 5 sessions so far and still room to go.

Even when doing on-demand mode, I still treated it as a session. All bowls were finished in one sitting.

I always started around 350-360f, and the first draw had little to no vapor, but I could absolutely feel the thickness of the flavor coming in as I took a draw. The flavor was always very strong. The flavor held through a few rips, and then starts to die off towards the middle of the bowl. ABV isn't ever perfect, but it is pretty dang good, and stirring definitely helps (and it's very easy to stir). It's not blatant hotspotting, it's just not a conduction/hybrid style roast. It's pretty good abv for a convection portable like this (don't worry, I got the pics).

I think packing down would result in more issues as the bottom would char a bit faster (you'll see evidence of this in one of my last screenshots).

The manual says it works best with long draws. I absolutely experienced this. I did not have much success with shorter bursts, which makes sense for a portable convection vape. Throughout a draw though, once it hits a certain point, it really spits out vapor. It can just take a bit to get there.

I've noticed a more firm draw tends to work best for me, and going slow like other convection vapes just didn't seem to give it the oomph. I'll revisit this though with more testing.

I would usually bump up the temp to around 375, then around 390 throughout the bowl to finish it off. One or two of the sessions I went into the 400s, but didn't really find the need to.

What I'm most impressed about so far is probably how smooth it is compared to other portables I use. Portables usually give me a pretty rough cough even without huge hits, but this one is pretty comfortable. The cooling unit does well at cooling the vapor, but just something about the vapor itself isn't too harsh. I notice I cough more with my Crafty+, not because of the heat of the vapor (the cooling unit is great there too), but just something about it. Same as most of my portable.

For the final session when I switched over to the metal bowl, I noticed it was helping my biggest gripe with the vape, which was how long it took to for that big vapor to start pumping out. I've only done the one session, so I'll need to check it out again. But if I can get those solid hits a bit faster, then I'd be pretty dang pleased.

One part of the On-Demand mode that I don't understand is even when I'm not pressing the button, the temperature circle randomly goes up and down like it's heating and cooling. Also, it only occasionally vibrates when it gets to temp when on demand. Always during the first heat up, and then randomly during other heat ups.

Not a huge fan of the mouthpiece and having to press the lips against it. It can start to get warm, and it's just an odd sensation on the lips for me. It's never gotten uncomfortably hot though.

So far it's really easy to keep the bowl clean with the brush, and to keep the mouthpiece screen clean.
The part that is probably going to require the most cleaning is on the mouthpiece itself where the vapor passes through the screen and then across to the cooling spiral.

Will be testing sessions throughout the night but just wanted to give some initial impressions as they were fresh. So far it's a pretty fun vape but a lot more testing needed to see if it'll find a good spot in the rotation.

___
Should be able to scroll through the pictures. The last two you see I got lazy with the stirring and pack, and ended up getting some noticeably darker spots.
Great review. Will likely snag one once some other mouthpiece options are out there. Really like my glass V3 mouthpiece over stock.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Thanks!

One more thing you could try: swap batteries with the whole cooling unit off the device, and the bowl removed. That's how I first noticed my heater heating up while powered off. With the bowl inserted I could barely feel the heater heating up- but it still is...It's just WAY more noticeable with the heater exposed. (So with a loaded oven inserted, it is absolutely cooking the load a bit after swapping batteries/before powering on.)

I called the number on the xvapeusa site today, and spoke with a marketing director in California that wasn't quite ready for this call lol. He sent me an email requesting as much info as possible so he can forward it to others.

I'll keep y'all posted.
With the bowl taken off and entire cooling unit removed .... Same result as before.....Device off, removed original battery and replaced with a fully charged battery I had waiting. The unit logo'd, buzzed and remained off. Switched out the battery I had charged/tested with and put the 3/4 charged original battery back in and again ... unit logo'd, buzzed and remained off.

NOLOGO

With the bowl taken off and entire cooling unit removed .... Same result as before.....Device off, removed original battery and replaced with a fully charged battery I had waiting. The unit logo'd, buzzed and remained off. Switched out the battery I had charged/tested with and put the 3/4 charged original battery back in and again ... unit logo'd, buzzed and remained off.
thanks for checking!
I'm still waiting to hear back from xvape

His_Highness

I'm still trying to find the sweet spot......

There's something about the temp. With all my other vapes I normally hang around 380F to start a bowl before temp stepping up to 428F to finish it off. I started off playing around with draws at my normal temps when I first got the Roffu but I've been drifting lower and lower in temp looking for the equivalent of "my 380F". One thing I'm confident of.....I'm staying off 428F for finishing off a bowl. I can taste the potential combustion at 428F and I'm using the glass bowl....it got my ABV charred real dark which is how I like it but I could tell we weren't too far away from the flame.

I'm currently starting my fresh bowls at 285F which is way lower than I normally start but 285F tastes good, is smooth and doesn't make the unit hot. I've been temp stepping up to around 380F but I'm still not sure about the upper range.

I can't wait to dial this vape in .... I can feel its muscles.

Just curious.....what temp is everyone using to start a new bowl and what's your finishing off temp?

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'm still trying to find the sweet spot......

There's something about the temp. With all my other vapes I normally hang around 380F to start a bowl before temp stepping up to 428F to finish it off. I started off playing around with draws at my normal temps when I first got the Roffu but I've been drifting lower and lower in temp looking for the equivalent of "my 380F". One thing I'm confident of.....I'm staying off 428F for finishing off a bowl. I can taste the potential combustion at 428F and I'm using the glass bowl....it got my ABV charred real dark which is how I like it but I could tell we weren't too far away from the flame.

I'm currently starting my fresh bowls at 285F which is way lower than I normally start but 285F tastes good, is smooth and doesn't make the unit hot. I've been temp stepping up to around 380F but I'm still not sure about the upper range.

I can't wait to dial this vape in .... I can feel its muscles.

Just curious.....what temp is everyone using to start a new bowl and what's your finishing off temp?
Agreed. Being familiar with arbitrary numbers in portables, I always start low, and never use what "I've always used" with other vapes. I feel like I'm prone to getting vapes that run hot, and I tend to use lower numbers than people it seems.

I start at 350-360.

I've noticed that the "weren't too far from the flame" feeling really starts to pick up as the draw goes longer and longer. In my previous post I mentioned it hits a point where it starts spitting out vapor.

You can basically start on 360, get a rip with pure flavor no vapor. Get another one with tiny vapor. Then do a looong pull, and it feels like a turbo kicks in and the vapor gets real thick. All on the same temp that previously didn't give huge hits when not drawing long enough.

Testing it right now to verify.

On demand, 355f.

About 8 second pull from a cold start (after the vibration). Good flavor, slightest wisp of vapor only visible through my bright light. I pulled off before it would really pick up.

About a 6 second pull. Great flavor, still wispy vapor but definitely visible.

About a 12 second pull, but around the 7 second mark, you feel the thickness physically coming through (I think people typically describe this as 'silky'). From 7-12 seconds it feels like it's just pouring vapor.

The temp hasn't changed. I'm still at 355.

Flavor was still great despite being a huge hit, but it's that nice cooked flavor. Nowhere near a roast flavor yet, still taste fully the weed without any darkness, it's just not that "soapy"ish flavor you get on real low temps and on the initial flavor chaser hits.

Did another hit, same temp, same deal with the vapor production. Flavor is falling off and is more neutral.

It's important to note, probably more so with the metal bowl, but the more back to back hits you take, the more heatsoaked the vape will be. So the first hit is going to be misleading when everything is cold. I always recommend sticking to 1 temperature, and vaping an entire bowl until vapor thins out. See how the bowl heats up throughout the session and what changes, and then adjust.

(I made an entire Solo 2 video about this, and how people take a hit, don't get much vapor, then bump up the temp. Wrong wrong wrong. (I know everyone in this thread is experienced enough to know what they're doing though ;)))

At this point, I can tell the bud has had enough of this temperature, and it's taking longer to produce less vapor. So now is an acceptable time to bump up the temp (for the sake of testing temp variables).

Up to 375 we go. No point on trying to test for a wispy hit, as the flavor is sucked from it already. Wispy hits in the middle of a bowl is not the goal.

Going for a long draw, I get a very thick rip again, so the bump up in temp was substantial enough to hit the next tier of vapeables in the bud.
Flavor is going from neutral to spent, but isn't quite fully "spent" flavor yet. Just tasting a bit roasty and no specific flavors of the weed.

Bud is yellow with a hint of browning.

I've noticed in portables, bud starts to taste worse at a lighter color than some high end desktops. I think it's because all it takes is a few rough vaped pieces to really taint a bowl's flavor. Not sure though, but nothing out of the ordinary here.

Stirred

390f, flavor is now spent. Vapor is losing the physical feeling of "thickness", but still getting acceptable vapor.

390f again. Flavor is dark, vapor is wispy. If I turned it up, I'm sure I could nuke out another horrible tasting hit with average vapor, but that is just not worth it.
_______

So what I learned from this is you don't really need to temp step the first few hits. The first hit is going to run cold, and as you get a few more hits and decide to drag out a long draw, you can really "muscle" out some thick vapor without changing the temp.

This leaves a few options.

You can "temp step" by staying on the same temp, but changing the length of your draw, assuming you're doing subsequent back to back hits.

You could maybe start at a very high temp, and use the shorter initial rips to maybe get quick thick hits (will need to test this) and then possibly bump the temp down once the bowl catches up to the heat.

Or just fuck around with it as you please.

It almost adds a manual aspect to this vape. Set a temp that works for you, and then adjust your draw to keep the hits cooler or really ramp up for those heavy hits.

It leaves me wondering ...

Based on the battery life and how quickly the vape heats up, the heater is relatively small and doesn't require much power.

Why would it take as long as it does through a draw to really ramp up? Am I the only one really noticing that turbo kick in? I need to read more of this thread, I sort of just jumped in, so apologies on that. Makes me wonder if it's my unit, or standard.

Maybe I'm just not used to other types of convection portables. The Milaana has a bit of a ramp up time, but the Hopper io is pretty damn fast to start producing. Not trying to compare vastly different vapes, mostly just trying to compare experiences with portable on demand convection.

______

Either way, that was very nice. I really enjoyed it as a session, got great flavor and some pretty ridiculously big hits, and it's just a smooth experience. Definitely a surprising unit. A lot to learn and practice with, and doesn't just feel completely automatic, which I enjoy.

If I could figure out how to get those thicker rips right off the bat a bit faster, it would put it up a bit more for me. I just imagine passing it to a friend and saying "just keep inhaling, you won't really feel anything for the first 5 seconds or so but trust me it'll come".

So @His_Highness, I'd recommend starting at one of those lower temps you've been enjoying, and sitting on it for a few hits and changing the length of the draw. It really picks up the heat towards the end, and I think that may be what's giving you trouble as you bump up the temp.

Anyone else notice similarities in performance to the Haze Square?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I can start as low as 150c (300f) and end at 200c(395f) unless using dosing caps then I will add 10c(50f).
Or just fuck around with it as you please.
Many ways to use it which I really like and being a one-strain medical user options are always welcomed.
If I could figure out how to get those thicker rips right off the bat a bit faster
Dosing caps, I do not know why but the Xmax V3Pro dosing caps work great for fast extraction, a shorter sesh but clouds from the get-go. :tup:

Pishorkata

Yes, with risk of repeating myself - I'm also supporting the advise to get some dosing caps. With caps + steel oven the temperature doesn't fluctuate as much, and as a result I'm getting nice puffs from every draw.
Personally I only do a single 3-minute session and straight up start at 200C+ (most often I start at 210C). Coming from conduction, I used to tightly fill the oven and expect long lasting 8-10 minute sessions. This worked well before, but just doesn't apply here in my opinion. Instead, what I do is get my V3 cap, and literally just sprinkle some bud in it, I don't press it in any way. I just let it loose. Burning is very even, and the whole AVB is nice smooth color.
Yes, you can expect shorter session as you're technically putting less bud. Especially if you're using the dosing cap too, it further reduces the oven size. That's why a single 3-minute session gets like 90% of the whole bud, and I don't feel the need of extending the session. Also as I said I start high temp (210C) and by the end of the session bud is light-brown, to dark if I took longer draws.
So, for longer sessions I'd just suggest get your hands on some caps, and just pre-fill 2 of them I guess. Or... there was a guy here I think that had a great idea for slower burning & longer sessions - just don't grind your herb, but literally just place 1-2 whole nugs in the oven. Exactly as if you're smoking from a pipe - if you want a 1-hitter with huge cloud, just grind your herb, otherwise - place a whole nug and you'll get longer lasting but slightly less dense hits.

I also got the impression, perhaps it was here in the thread somewhere, that XLUX are coming up with official Roffu caps too? V3 caps are slightly smaller in width and are just a bit 'wobbly' in the oven, but still work good enough while we wait for official ones.

His_Highness

If I could figure out how to get those thicker rips right off the bat a bit faster, it would put it up a bit more for me. I just imagine passing it to a friend and saying "just keep inhaling, you won't really feel anything for the first 5 seconds or so but trust me it'll come".

So @His_Highness, I'd recommend starting at one of those lower temps you've been enjoying, and sitting on it for a few hits and changing the length of the draw. It really picks up the heat towards the end, and I think that may be what's giving you trouble as you bump up the temp.
Excellent write up! Agreed!

Each draw I take on a convection vape will last 30+ seconds, is consistent and is slow to moderate in draw speed. Every hit, even the first one, produces nicely if I set the temp and fill correctly (Light fill and no tamping). Its the same with the Roffu. I get a good clouds even on the first hit at 285F.

The trouble I'm having isn't with vapor production. Its figuring out what my starting temp should be for taste and smoothness because this vape runs hotter than my other convection vapes. When I tried 380F to 428F the unit got hot (on demand or session mode) and the taste wasn't there so I find myself trying to find the right temp. So far starting around 285F seems right for my unit. Some posts are starting somewhere between 300F to 350F and going as high as 395F. 350F would be my top temp and 395F would be too hot on my unit.

How does the above temps meet with others use?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Excellent write up! Agreed!

Each draw I take on a convection vape will last 30+ seconds, is consistent and is slow to moderate in draw speed. Every hit, even the first one, produces nicely if I set the temp and fill correctly (Light fill and no tamping). Its the same with the Roffu. I get a good clouds even on the first hit at 285F.

The trouble I'm having isn't with vapor production. Its figuring out what my starting temp should be for taste and smoothness because this vape runs hotter than my other convection vapes. When I tried 380F to 428F the unit got hot (on demand or session mode) and the taste wasn't there so I find myself trying to find the right temp. So far starting around 285F seems right for my unit. Some posts are starting somewhere between 300F to 350F and going as high as 395F. 350F would be my top temp and 395F would be too hot on my unit.

How does the above temps meet with others use?

Yeah I haven't tried any upper temps yet either but I want to after seeing what AJS said but it could be my unit is just different than his...? But I need to try again soon!

Petetbay

Has anyone tried to see if this wpa for the pax works on the Roffu
I was thinking the same thing, I have an alternative Pax wpa adapter and have made their Pax loading funnel into a magnetic Starry loading funnel. I just need a Roffu, I cannot find a source in Canada, would need to import from the States. They are somewhere in Canada as I see a bong shop distributor has them, but the price in a bong shop would be very high. :hmm:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Hey fellow members, just letting you all know I am now your point of contact for most things XVAPE-related, I look forward to helping in any way I can, I am still getting up to speed so please be gentle.
I will say I have been informed that a WPA and dosing capsules are under development but I have no ETA on them but will advise as soon as I get any news.
Current discount code,

Use code "FIREWORKS" for 15% off + FREE Shipping over $50​

I am liking the Air Blue colour the more I see it,

Last edited:

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Just popping in to say congrats on the new role Les! XVape is making a great choice with such an active member of this space! I'm certainly more interested in their products now, time to do some reading :sherlock:

NOLOGO

Hey fellow members, just letting you all know I am now your point of contact for most things XVAPE-related, I look forward to helping in any way I can, I am still getting up to speed so please be gentle.
I will say I have been informed that a WPA and dosing capsules are under development but I have no ETA on them but will advise as soon as I get any news.
Current discount code,

Hey Les,

Congrats on the position!

Any chance you can help me.with a return? I know it's a long weekend now, but I called Stephen at xvape earlier in the week, and he had me email him deets to fwd (I guess to China?) But I never got an acknowledgement of that email, and now I am just not comfortable with the way this is going down. I have no interest in keeping this thing when the heater turns itself on after every battery swap.

tia

LesPlenty

Company Rep
congrats on the new role Les!
Thanks!
Congrats on the position!
Thanks for that...and
Any chance you can help me.with a return?
I will surely try, I am afraid I will have to wait on Stephen too, long week-end and all.
I have no interest in keeping this thing when the heater turns itself on after every battery swap.
You definitely have a defective unit so I hope to get some news for you soon and back to happy vaping.:tup:

Last edited:

Petetbay

Congrats on the rep position. :bowdown:

Tried ordering, still don’t send to Canada. :bang: I did notice they have some new Vista Mini 2 coils, even ordered the ceramic and the Quad quart coils, but like I said they don’t send to Canada. Back to ebike shopping.

I see 420EDC has a lite version of the Roffu listed coming later in July for $140USD, minus the grinder, loading funnel, case and I think just the glass chamber no SS. I have received an order from them lately so they ship to Canada.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Current discount code,

Congrats, friend :)

Went to my folk's place for the weekend and brought my Nano XL, Crafty+ and the Roffu. Pretty much only ended up using the Roffu. Really been diggin this thing.

Some times I wanted really quick sessions, and I'd just bump the temp up to around 390, take a short flavorful rip, and then take a nice huge one for the next rip. Give a stir and get a few other hits out of it and can kill a bowl really quickly.

Flavor has been great, rips get ridiculously big, and the whole process is just smooth and enjoyable.
Couldn't have been more surprised!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Cheers for that!
I was hoping it would be good too, and I was not disappointed...I am still amazed at how quick it is to produce vapor, especially with dosing caps as they nearly always slow things down, I hope the XVAPE versions work even better...when they become available. :tup:

Texus

Went to my folk's place for the weekend and brought my Nano XL, Crafty+ and the Roffu. Pretty much only ended up using the Roffu. Really been diggin this thing.

Some times I wanted really quick sessions, and I'd just bump the temp up to around 390, take a short flavorful rip, and then take a nice huge one for the next rip. Give a stir and get a few other hits out of it and can kill a bowl really quickly.

Flavor has been great, rips get ridiculously big, and the whole process is just smooth and enjoyable.
Impressive. Those are some great options.

Pishorkata

Gratz on the new position Les, now we have insider info & can plan the heist :freak:

I know you can't say for certain, but do you think there's a chance that XLUX reviews my unit as well, even if my warranty card is missing? It's techincally a review unit. Also I'm in EU, shipping might be questionable.
It can be a hassle (if possible at all) so I might just roll with it until it gives up on me :D

Pishorkata

I don't think the heater should engage at all until the thing is actually powered on.

That plate was HOT... only from having a battery installed... NOT turned on. (and not afterr recent use)

I'm wondering what type of batteries were you swapping when you noticed it heating up?

I haven't had problems with the heater turning on after putting a battery inside recently
However, last 2 days when charging the device through the USB-C it would heat up a lot... like almost uncomfortable to hold. I'm talking about the whole body, not the mouthpiece (the heater was also cool, it wasn't turned on)
It was so weird to heat up that much just by charging up. I also noticed it twice to be stuck in a power up loop - turns on for a second, then off, and again on until I disconnected the battery.

Today I decided to swap to my older Starry v3 battery. It looks like official samsung one (shown in this this post) while the Roffu one is off-brand. Apparently Starry battery has a bit lower amperage than the orriginal, but now the device is not heating up while charging. I haven't noticed power looping either. Tried several times to disconnect the battery from the device and the heater never turned on.

So, what if the circuitry in the device is actually fine, and it's the chinese off-brand battery that comes up with it?
I'll keep up an eye on my unit in the next few days, and if I notice anything weird I'll post an update, hopefully it stays alive for some time :D

NOLOGO

I'm wondering what type of batteries were you swapping when you noticed it heating up?

I haven't had problems with the heater turning on after putting a battery inside recently
However, last 2 days when charging the device through the USB-C it would heat up a lot... like almost uncomfortable to hold. I'm talking about the whole body, not the mouthpiece (the heater was also cool, it wasn't turned on)
It was so weird to heat up that much just by charging up. I also noticed it twice to be stuck in a power up loop - turns on for a second, then off, and again on until I disconnected the battery.

Today I decided to swap to my older Starry v3 battery. It looks like official samsung one (shown in this this post) while the Roffu one is off-brand. Apparently Starry battery has a bit lower amperage than the orriginal, but now the device is not heating up while charging. I haven't noticed power looping either. Tried several times to disconnect the battery from the device and the heater never turned on.

So, what if the circuitry in the device is actually fine, and it's the chinese off-brand battery that comes up with it?
I'll keep up an eye on my unit in the next few days, and if I notice anything weird I'll post an update, hopefully it stays alive for some time :D
hey pishorkata,

thanks for the thoughtful reply, and for checking your own device. The heater on my roffu turns on when I swap with any battery, including back to the one it came with. I also used the one that came with my V3Pro, and 2 molicells that were recommended for me to use with my nomad 2. I wish it was only doing it with the molicells or something, so I could point to them, but since it heats up with the battery it came with too I'm guessing there's a problem with this unit.

I wish I could experiment more with it before I return it, but I'm playing it safe, just in case. I do think it vaporizes dry herb very well... among the best portables actually. I was pretty impressed that I got vapor on the first pull every time, at only 366⁰

Pishorkata

Yeah, to be honest if it's acting up with all batteries then it does look like defective unit.
I'm still a bit sceptical about my device even though it's day 2 with the new/old battery and I haven't had problems so far. It feels like at lower battery level it's struggling a bit. I think a decent battery & charger might be a good investment here

Pishorkata,
Top Bottom