XVAPE FOG Pro

Vahn84

After some time of daily usage i can confirm my first impression: this vape is underrated. I don't own an XMax v3 pro but i'm surprised this vape doesn't get the same attentions. It's a little nice vape, potent enough to deliver a nice amount of clouds that you wouldn't expect from a convection vaporizer this size. I prefer the form factor compared to the V3 (i don't really like flute-like vaporizer...) and flavor is good enough for a 130€ vape. It hasn't ondemand feature, but really, it heats up so fast that i never really worry about it.

It's just good, not a vape i would use to share with friends though, for that i'm still using my mighty...but this is not the vape you buy to share with people...almost all pure convection vaporizers aren't that easy. But as a solo vape it's a nice and solid choice. If one is searching for a good convection vaporizer that doesn't cost a lot...this vape could be the answer.

Petetbay

didn't know that! Thanks! For curiosity...how much does it cost? And the V3?
There is a price difference between the 2 devices. I’ll just quote Canadian prices I know for comparison. V3Pro lists $140CDN msrp can go for $100-110CDN, FogPro lists $200CDN msrp, I got it for $160, but seen it for $153-180CDN.

Last edited:
Petetbay,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Vahn84

Thank you guys! Here in Europe the difference is in a 20€ range. I consider that a plus I had to pay to get a “better” form factor (better to me obviously)

Robert-in-YEG

Thank you guys! Here in Europe the difference is in a 20€ range. I consider that a plus I had to pay to get a “better” form factor (better to me obviously)
What is shipping/customs like if you order from Canada?

It is interesting that certain vapes have the same price here in Canada and the US. For example, the Fog Pro trends at $130. The thing is that $130CAD is 30% less than $130USD.

I've seen this in the IT world. A part is $100. Canada or USA, it's $100. I don't know why Canada doesn't have a booming mail order industry?

Robert-in-YEG

"As Intelligence goes up, Happiness goes down. See, I made a graph. I make a lot of graphs."
~ Lisa Simpson

Robert-in-YEG,

fogbank

This is not my favorite vape and I may not keep it in rotation.

I struggle to get decent vapor production on the first draw of a new bowl, even when I cover the air holes and use cigar puffs. The second draw usually produces a nice big cloud. It just takes this vape a little longer to get going, and that's not something that I care for. I prefer two quick clouds and done. The Hopper and the V3Pro work better for that. I hypothesize that the larger bowl in the Fog Pro makes it take longer to bring the material up to temp compared to the Hopper or the V3Pro.

I also don't like the lack of an on-demand mode. I use all of my other vapes in on-demand mode and I prefer it. I can turn the Fog Pro off and clear the vapor on my final draw, but I still prefer to clear the vapor after each draw, and I can't do that with the Fog Pro.

I will probably break it out every now and then, just for fun, or to try to improve on my technique, but most of the time it will probably be keeping my VLeaf Go company in the unused vape box.

I like to keep my vapes in hard shell cases for protection. I mostly buy inexpensive cases that provide minimal protection. The goal is to at least prevent damage from minor impacts, and keep the vape parts together if dropped.

This one fits the Fog Pro perfectly:

GLCON EVA Hard Shell Case

Last edited:

RxPlorer

I struggle to get decent vapor production on the first draw of a new bowl, even when I cover the air holes and use cigar puffs. The second draw usually produces a nice big cloud. It just takes this vape a little longer to get going, and that's not something that I care for. I prefer two quick clouds and done. The Hopper and the V3Pro work better for that. I hypothesize that the larger bowl in the Fog Pro makes it take longer to bring the material up to temp compared to the Hopper or the V3Pro.

I also don't like the lack of an on-demand mode. I use all of my other vapes in on-demand mode and I prefer it. I can turn the Fog Pro off and clear the vapor on my final draw, but I still prefer to clear the vapor after each draw, and I can't do that with the Fog Pro.

I will probably break it out every now and then, just for fun, or to try to improve on my technique, but most of the time it will probably be keeping my VLeaf Go company in the unused vape box.

I like to keep my vapes in hard shell cases for protection. I mostly by inexpensive cases that provide minimal protection. The goal is to at least prevent damage from minor impacts, and keep the vape parts together if dropped.

great write-up! Those were all compromises I was willing to live with for better portability. But compromises they are.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I struggle to get decent vapor production on the first draw of a new bowl, even when I cover the air holes and use cigar puffs. The second draw usually produces a nice big cloud.
You could try drying your buds a little more than usual by leaving them ground up on a piece of paper for 5 minutes before loading, this trick can help some convection devices create more vapor more quickly...I am liking the sound of the larger bowl in the Fog Pro myself as I do like a sesh...dabs are the only one-hitters I usually bother with.

Robert-in-YEG

I like to keep my vapes in hard shell cases for protection. I mostly buy inexpensive cases that provide minimal protection. The goal is to at least prevent damage from minor impacts, and keep the vape parts together if dropped.

Any chance you have a defective unit? I get way more vapor with the Fog Pro than V3 Pro.

Maybe I have a defective V3 Pro, but I would happily trade it for another Fog. I do not like the V3 Pro and it gets used about as much my Yocan Vane.

Robert-in-YEG

Vapes and cannabis is person. We are all unique.

fogbank

Any chance you have a defective unit? I get way more vapor with the Fog Pro than V3 Pro.
I really don't think so, as my Fog Pro gets hot, produces lots of vapor, and thoroughly extracts the material (I can easily get dark brown to black ABV). It also produces strong effects.

The thing that I don't like about it is that I have to work too hard to get it going. My first draw often produces a whispy cloud. Subsequent draws produce bigger clouds.

With the V3 Pro I can get a nice big cloud on the first draw and an even bigger cloud on the second draw. It is much easier for me to get two big clouds on the first two hits compared to the Fog Pro.

I do actually prefer the form factor of the Fog. If the V3Pro had that form factor I would love it.

Robert-in-YEG

With the V3 Pro I can get a nice big cloud on the first draw and an even bigger cloud on the second draw. It is much easier for me to get two big clouds on the first two hits compared to the Fog Pro.
I feel like I am suck starting a Harley trying to get vapor from the V3 Pro. It works, but I have to move a lot of air through the device, to get vapor. Part it is that it is convection; it has disadvantages over conduction. I don't mind my Fog Pro, but for me, convection sucks and conduction rocks.

I force myself to use convection because I don't want to get a buzz.

Robert-in-YEG

"There is no need to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning."
~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: LeftBased

fogbank

I feel like I am suck starting a Harley trying to get vapor from the V3 Pro. It works, but I have to move a lot of air through the device, to get vapor.
This is so funny, because that is how I feel about the Fog Pro.

I use a medium strength and medium speed draw on the V3Pro, once I get it primed with 3-4 cigar puffs (which are pretty strong draws).

With the Fog Pro I feel like I'm pulling as hard as I can to get the material soaked with heat. After that it starts producing clouds.

This also makes me want to keep trying with the Fog Pro. I'll keep experimenting.

Robert-in-YEG

This is so funny, because that is how I feel about the Fog Pro.

I use a medium strength and medium speed draw on the V3Pro, once I get it primed with 3-4 cigar puffs (which are pretty strong draws).

With the Fog Pro I feel like I'm pulling as hard as I can to get the material soaked with heat. After that it starts producing clouds.

This also makes me want to keep trying with the Fog Pro. I'll keep experimenting.
Have tried different flower? Grinding?

I have been using ground herb mixed with kief, left overnight, with my Fog Pro. It seems to like ground herb the best.

It has been a couple of weeks since I last use the V3 Pro. I just pulled it out and will give it a run.

Robert-in-YEG

"The lonely leaves are the last to fall"
- Jimmy Newquist

Robert-in-YEG,

fogbank

Have tried different flower? Grinding?
I use the same flower and grind in all of my vapes, including Hoppers, TinyMights, and V3Pros, so that is one variable that is tightly controlled. The Fog Pro is the only one that takes extra time and effort to start producing clouds.

The same flower and grind in one of my TinyMights produces huge clouds after about 8 seconds on the first draw, with the temp set only at 5 out of 10.

Robert-in-YEG

I use the same flower and grind in all of my vapes, including Hoppers, TinyMights, and V3Pros, so that is one variable that is tightly controlled. The Fog Pro is the only one that takes extra time and effort to start producing clouds.

The same flower and grind in one of my TinyMights produces huge clouds after about 8 seconds on the first draw, with the temp set only at 5 out of 10.
It seems strange that we have the exact opposite experience. Maybe I have a bad V3 Pro and you a bad Fog Pro?

Robert-in-YEG

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I force myself to use convection because I don't want to get a buzz.
You could just turn the temp down for the same effect with your conduction based vapes as well.
The Fog Pro is now listed a bit cheaper at some Aussie sellers due to it being out for a while, still 25% more than a V3 but getting cheaper...won't be long before I pounce!

XVape FOG PRO Vaporizer (NEW!)​

Was...$199.95 Now...$169.95 (Australian Cubits)

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Petetbay

fogbank

It seems strange that we have the exact opposite experience. Maybe I have a bad V3 Pro and you a bad Fog Pro?
I absolutely do not have a bad Fog Pro. It heats up fine, it produces huge clouds (after a while), it extracts fully, and it produces strong effects. I just don't like the fact that the first hit is often whispy, and I have to draw on it for a while before it starts producing clouds.

If you are interested you can see the Fog Pro and XMax V3Pro compared directly by Jerry of 420 Vapezone right here:

Xmax V3 Pro // WOW Worthy Budget Vape

Go to about 1:15:00 and you can see Jerry compare them directly. His experience is nearly identical to mine. He gets a whispy first hit from the Fog Pro. After some time it starts producing clouds. He gets a nice cloud from the V3Pro right away. His conclusion when comparing the two is "I'm reaching for the V3Pro every time".

The difference between our experiences with the Fog Pro is probably due to technique and expectations. I don't know about your V3Pro, but my Fog Pro works fine in my opinion.

sesh732

Imaginable
Anyone using the Fog Pro through glass? I'd like to but it doesn't play nice with my tubes, odds, and ends like some devices do. Do you know of any adapters or DIY solutions to get the FP into a jhook, waterpipe, etc?

sesh732,

Petetbay

Anyone using the Fog Pro through glass? I'd like to but it doesn't play nice with my tubes, odds, and ends like some devices do. Do you know of any adapters or DIY solutions to get the FP into a jhook, waterpipe, etc?
I use this adapter. DV dimpled stems fit the mp adapter and larger diameter hose can be used in place of the included hose for better flow. You can just put the 14mm joint onto the mp adapter. I remove the SS adapters from the inside of the silicone adapters that secures the thin silicone hose that comes with the Xmax adapter.

Sneaky Pete has his own version.

Sneaky Pete’s Hula XL DV stems.

On the DIY front, mp adapter on the BBvapes Tectonic DV stem and the Simrell Mighty adapter both work in reverse and work with a Xmax 14mm joint(some don’t fit) into the Fog Pro swivel mp hole.

Last edited:

Robert-in-YEG

With the Fog Pro, I use this with the bong.

The rubber end is workable with a few different vapes. I use the same adapter with my Flowermates, FYocan Regen and Airsitech Quaser.

Robert-in-YEG

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
~ Albert Einstein

Top Bottom