XVAPE FOG Pro

MizzBudz

Answer me these questions three and the other side you will see. No, five.

Appreciate the reply, ta. :-) It *was* up to 8 questions, but I trimmed, and the rest have been answered now. Will remember that ditty for next time.

Hard brown is good, you don’t want any green, even though low temps can vape good and produce green product that fully extracted. Compost don’t bother with avb.

Too tight pack and too fine.

No. what Les said.

Try 185*C start ramp up 5* after every 3-4 pulls. Steady 15sec pulls 1st 5 sec I cover the air holes with the index finger to restrict air flow. When vapor falls off and tasteless you’re done.

Les beat me so I’ll limit my involvement. :doh:

AVB? (Already Vaped Botanical? Is there a glossary/acronym list somewhere I can access please?) Going on the above, there's a bit more art & science than I was anticipating. Will try the ramping temp thing once I get a few extra batteries (one that came with is not overly well, which is disappointing in a week-old device).

Love your avatar. Mine wouldn't trouble herself with lowly domestic tasks. She has staff for that. :-)

MizzBudz

I would temp step start off about 360f for about three puffs than 375f for another three than 383f for another set, than finally 390f to finish off.

I've experimented with 356f, 365f, 370f, 383f, 390f with temp stepping.

Basically anywhere between 360f to 428f range. A good maximum THC range would be 400f so at 400f should be most efficient however compare to combustion dry herb vaping is already efficient.

There is vapes that have temp stepping built in and mobile access to adjust modes.
Thx for responding. :-) Temp stepping would not have even crossed my mind. Am going to try it once I have bought some extra batteries (the original is not well). Although, does having something that hot that close bother anyone?

Robert-in-YEG

Thx for responding. :-) Temp stepping would not have even crossed my mind. Am going to try it once I have bought some extra batteries (the original is not well). Although, does having something that hot that close bother anyone?
The Fog Pro is great with low temps. Common for me is to start at 348F, take puffs for a minute or two, jump to 380ish do a few minutes then, and then use that 60-90 seconds at 428F. My vape's session is set to 9 minutes.

For extended effects, I will give the contents a stir, and restart the vaping and continuing for a few more minutes. As the flavour goes to zero, then turning bitter, and finally ending in coughing, everything is extracted, and buzz hits. This of course, is best done using a whip and a bong.

Another variant for me is doing one session at 348, giving the oven a stir, and then a second session at 428. Everyone is unique. Every day is different. Your mileage may vary.

Robert-in-YEG

Petetbay

Giving it a stir after the 1st step, I use a wood skewer lever out a bit onto the top stir tamp it back in, gives you another taste before it disappears and makes for quicker bowls more evenly roasted. I like how they made top a scoop, helps with stirring and not making a mess.

Robert-in-YEG

Giving it a stir after the 1st step, I use a wood skewer lever out a bit onto the top stir tamp it back in, gives you another taste before it disappears and makes for quicker bowls more evenly roasted. I like how they made top a scoop, helps with stirring and not making a mess.
Always a good idea. When in doubt, give it a stir. When not in doubt, a stir will do no harm.

I can remember a few times where an unplanned or unexpected stir, ended up producing wonderful surprises.

Robert-in-YEG

LesPlenty

Company Rep
(one that came with is not overly well
The Fog Pro is convection based so chews thru batteries...not an actual battery fault.
I have bought some extra batteries
I always recommend Molicel P28a as they have more than enough power to run every device I own...I do not have to worry about using an underpowered battery in any device that way.
Would the fog pro be an upgrade from the terra?
I own and I like both for different reasons...2x terras on a bong is hard to beat kick wise and an Arizer stem fits them nicely for a flavor boost, the Fog Pro is nicer to hold and more of a sipper but we are not supposed to do comparisons in vape specific threads so a new thread in 'Ask FC' could be a good idea for more comparison feedback.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Spin0620

Robert-in-YEG

Would the fog pro be an upgrade from the terra?
I have both. The Fog Pro cooks flower faster and more efficiently than the Tera. The Fog Pro also lasts longer with one battery, than the Tera does with two. In my opinion, the Fog Pro is vastly underrated.

The Fog Pro does have some challenges however when it comes to very resinous flower, creating residue that can fill the ceramic cooling thing in the mouthpiece; resisting the urge to over-pack helps. For use with a bong, a rubber whip is required. Unlike the Tera, back to back sessions, don't make the vape so hot, it can't be touched. The top doesn't stay on, because XVAPE cheaped out on the magnets. The stylish Fog Pro always included a rubber band to keep the top on.

Despite the flaws, the Fog Pro works as good as any convection vape I could every imagine. Unlike the Tera or the XMAX V3 Pro, it starts producing vapour first time, every-time, without a lot of huffing or puffing.

Robert-in-YEG

LesPlenty

Company Rep
because XVAPE cheaped out on the magnets.
This is just not the case, there is little to no difference in the price of said magnets. The magnets need to be just strong enough to do the job or you end up with cracked housings or worse...broken vapes.
I have never needed any extra sealing on my Fog Pro and find the silicone seals just fine but I do not use it for travel purposes so don't have to worry about the not-so-tightly gripped cooling unit coming off in a pocket.

LesPlenty,

Robert-in-YEG

This is just not the case, there is little to no difference in the price of said magnets. The magnets need to be just strong enough to do the job or you end up with cracked housings or worse...broken vapes.
I have never needed any extra sealing on my Fog Pro and find the silicone seals just fine but I do not use it for travel purposes so don't have to worry about the not-so-tightly gripped cooling unit coming off in a pocket.
Cost or no cost, the magnets are insufficient.

That aside, the Fog Pro is a lovely vape. I'm using it right now:)

At medium/low temps, the Fog Pro is great at preserving the taste of good flower.

Robert-in-YEG

MizzBudz

I always recommend Molicel P28a as they have more than enough power to run every device I own...I do not have to worry about using an underpowered battery in any device that way.
Where does everyone buy these batteries in AUSTRALIA please? Need a trustworthy source. Thanks... :tup:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Where does everyone buy these batteries in AUSTRALIA please?
I will get mine here as I cannot find them locally (Tassie),
Edit, well I was going to except the shipping price is now US$116:razz:
Found some here, about 50 AUD for 6 delivered,

Last edited:

MizzBudz

Placed an order for stuff with VapourEyes in SA. This is what they emailed when the order shipped; cracked me up: :rofl:
(replaced my name for privacy)
---------------------------------------------
Hello <first name>, we have some great news: your vape mail is on the way! Here's how it all went down.

The products you wisely chose were carefully picked from our shelves like delicate berries and placed into a wicker basket lined with the softest rose petals. With the grace of a ballerina, we tiptoed them to our packing station where Santa's elves, who work for us during their off-season, prepared your order for shipment.

With expert dexterity, each of your items were methodically placed into the shipping box using techniques taught to us by a former Tetris World Champion. Using a pair of fine gold tweezers, we placed dozens of biodegradable packing peanuts (they're made of corn and dissolve in water, try it) into every available nook and cranny to ensure safe transport across our sunburnt country.

When the elves were satisfied that every gap was filled they played a beautiful tune on a ceremonial lyre, summoning a kaleidoscope of trained butterflies who elegantly arranged themselves on the lid of your parcel, closing it gently. As they carefully positioned the final piece of tape to seal your parcel shut a solemn quietness fell upon the elves, and they arranged themselves into an honour guard as your parcel was passed hand-to-hand down the line to be loaded into the waiting Australia Post truck.

In unison they chanted, "venenya vilyanirwanen ná quanta as angolingwi" — we don't speak Evlish but we're told it means "may these vaping supplies bring stability and success to <first name> for all eternity." Wow, we're getting a little choked up ourselves now. Thanks, elves.

As the truck pulled away, a dozen white doves flitted gracefully through the air and a rare double rainbow formed overhead. That's when we knew the products we had lovingly curated were on their way to a better home. Please take care of them, <first name>; we promise they'll take care of you.

To see the status of your divine parcel (including the tracking number) just click the "view shipment" button below and the mysteries of the universe will be revealed to you. And if you have any comments or questions or just want to say hi, simply reply to this email or drop us a line at hello@vapoureyes.com.au and we'll be in touch.

Anyway, that's all from us for now, <first name>. Thank you for being our number one all-time favourite customer, and for allowing us to share this magical experience with you.

Much love,

The Vapoureyes Team
---------------------------------------------

LesPlenty

Company Rep
why is the fog better than starry 4?
The Fog is mostly convection whereas the Starry4 is conduction so the vape signature is quite different...you may be a convection flavour snob like myself, I prefer convection too!

LesPlenty,

seedy53

The Fog is mostly convection whereas the Starry4 is conduction so the vape signature is quite different...you may be a convection flavour snob like myself, I prefer convection too!
does the fog suffer from excessive heat radiation in it's shell and top pieces and mouthpiece like starry4? they all look so similar, why not hybrid heating. i'm just thinking out loud.

seedy53

That is why there are so many options, each device performs a bit or a lot differently.
still no answer? for this question?
does the fog suffer from excessive heat radiation in it's shell and top pieces and mouthpiece like starry4?

Petetbay

does the fog suffer from excessive heat radiation in it's shell and top pieces and mouthpiece like starry4?
No, the body never gets as hot as the Starry 4 that it needs a silicone skin, but it does get pretty warm at over 400*F after a couple of sessions. The mp too does not get as hot as the Starry 4 mp, but mp tube can get very hot on the lips after a couple sessions.
To remind myself, I just did 10 min session at 410*F and the mp tube just got pretty warm, but hot on the lips, 2nd session @ 428*F right after and the body was getting hot , but mp tube was pretty warm but tolerable. I also put it in my shorts pocket after and was warm , not hot and would be nice pocket warmer in the winter.
Imo heat is not a problem, unless you do back to back sessions @ 428*F the mp tube might get too hot on the lips.
I usually run it with the mp tube silicone from the wpa kit with a 3” dimpled stem attached to it and have back to back bowls of hash at 428*F and the body gets hot, but not too hot to handle and nowhere near how hot the Starry 4 gets. The hot mp tube is not a problem anymore.
I’m not going compare performance as they are 2 different animals, both are good at what they do and how they do it. Both get you very high. :peace::2c::tup:

Last edited:

Fogger

Hey, I just bought a new Fog Pro and I'm trying to do my PhD with it :) I read the forum posts but I still have some doubts. My post will be long because I'm a detailer, but I hope it's interesting, especially for people who can't find too much information about this device either.

1. Does your device also heat up a lot (body) during even the first 5-minute session? My new device does. It does not burn, but in winter you could warm your hand on it. I had a Fenix mini and it only warmed up after 2-3 sessions in a row. But - fact - Fenix mini is covered with rubber, which probably does not conduct heat so much, so maybe it was heating up the same, but I didn't feel it.

2. I thought that since the device is convection, the chamber itself would not warm up, but it warms up even without puffing. In your devices too? By the way, on different pages the device has different descriptions - sometimes they write that it is 100% convection, sometimes that it is 80/20% convection/conduction.

3. I'm learning Fog Pro. Sometimes I have a big cloud, sometimes not. I have the impression that when I inhale strongly, there is more steam, but I won't be able to take a strong and long breath to have a bigger cloud (and I like big clouds :)

4. Do you have a patent to reduce the chamber? Or have you tried vaping with half a chamber? I wonder if the device works as efficiently with a half-filled chamber, and I can't judge it. I am curious about your experiences.

5. When you use a dosing capsule from Fenix mini or Xmax V3 pro that are not perfectly matched in size, is the performance the same or worse?

6. Do you always mix in the chamber during sessions? Do you think it is necessary? I thought it wouldn't matter with convection, but since it's probably a hybrid

7. Can the mouthpiece tube be soaked in isopropyl alcohol or should only the inside of the tube be cleaned?

The overall impression - I share - is a nice device that fits well in the hand, although it is heavy. But I like its weight. Though I would be afraid of what would happen to it if it fell out of my hand. But you know - it's better not to fall out :) After the first cleaning with isopropyl alcohol and burning through, I still smelled the factory. Not after a few uses. I am experimenting with the thickness of grinding and I do not have a clear opinion here, but it is certainly easier to clog the filter with fine grinding. Cleaning will be more difficult than in Fenix mini or Dynavap, but you can handle it. I have the impression that the silicone gasket will not get dirty as much as in Fenix Mini - or it will be less visible, because the gaskets in Fog Pro are black, which suits me. The air passage is very large, which in my opinion allows you to get a low vapor temperature. The cool vapor is great, but at the same time I feel like I like more resistance, because then I know I'm definitely taking a puff. Maybe I can get used to it. I covered the air inlets with my hand, but the resistance is still minimal (when the chamber is loosely filled - drought is poured in and slightly leveled with a finger).

I had slightly different expectations (bigger clouds - again: I like clouds :), but maybe I'll like the device when I learn to use it better. My ideal is Dynavap, only in its case there are no such long sessions, which I sometimes like. I will test Fog Pro with a bong, I'm curious :)

Regards!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
1. Does your device also heat up a lot (body) during even the first 5-minute session?
Yes, most smaller convection-oriented portable devices do.
2. I thought that since the device is convection, the chamber itself would not warm up, but it warms up even without puffing. In your devices too?
It is convection orientated but the unit will heat soak the chamber and whole device eventually
3. I'm learning Fog Pro. Sometimes I have a big cloud, sometimes not. I have the impression that when I inhale strongly, there is more steam
As stated, the device is convection heavy, the more hot air you pull thru the load the more steam and the reason I like a medium to coarse grind in convection heavy vapes...a fine grind can restrict airflow.
4. Do you have a patent to reduce the chamber? Or have you tried vaping with half a chamber?
No patent but these might fit,
5. When you use a dosing capsule from Fenix mini or Xmax V3 pro that are not perfectly matched in size, is the performance the same or worse?
Worse.
6. Do you always mix in the chamber during sessions? Do you think it is necessary?
A stir helps if you pack too much to start with (some peeps may like it this way)
7. Can the mouthpiece tube be soaked in isopropyl alcohol or should only the inside of the tube be cleaned?
The mouthpiece tube is fine to soak, just not the silicone holder with the magnets.

Fogger

Yes, most smaller convection-oriented portable devices do.

It is convection orientated but the unit will heat soak the chamber and whole device eventually

As stated, the device is convection heavy, the more hot air you pull thru the load the more steam and the reason I like a medium to coarse grind in convection heavy vapes...a fine grind can restrict airflow.
(...)

Thanks a lot!

Petetbay

The cool vapor is great, but at the same time I feel like I like more resistance, because then I know I'm definitely taking a puff. Maybe I can get used to it. I covered the air inlets with my hand, but the resistance is still minimal (when the chamber is loosely filled - drought is poured in and slightly leveled with a finger).
I use a silicone bumper band for e-cig tanks to cover the air holes, allows you to control draw resistance easily. I also use a cut up Arizer Air silicone skin to cover most of the body. Davinci ceramic spacer replaces the metal mp screen secured with silicone tubing.
HR Rogue caps fit perfectly with no space on the sides.

I had some pics, but imgur is down for me.

Fogger

I use a silicone bumper band for e-cig tanks to cover the air holes, allows you to control draw resistance easily. I also use a cut up Arizer Air silicone skin to cover most of the body. Davinci ceramic spacer replaces the metal mp screen secured with silicone tubing.

HR Rogue caps fit perfectly with no space on the sides.

I had some pics, but imgur is down for me.

Thanks a lot! Photos are not necessary, I can handle it:)
I really appreciate the opportunity to exchange experiences.

Last edited:
Top Bottom