XVAPE FOG Pro

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm very glad to hear this, as I took a gamble and mine arrives tomorrow.

over the last year I've realized that I really don't need the TM dope cannon, basically ever. I need on demand microdosing without fiddling a glass stem. Slower/lower production than the TM would be good news for me.

vapman has me covered at home, and sometimes bowle maybe if I want to risk another service return. I hope fog pro is my new mobile DD

The fog pro is not on demand though, xmax v3pro is... That is a key difference between them aside from the form factor designs... I liked the original fog, but it could not quite compare imo. I am curious about the pro!

RxPlorer

The fog pro is not on demand though, xmax v3pro is... That is a key difference between them aside from the form factor designs... I liked the original fog, but it could not quite compare imo. I am curious about the pro!
I consider it on demand simply by the nature of pretty quick heat up time, and being convection. Seems like most who want on-demand behavior use the v3 pro in session mode

Shit Snacks

I consider it on demand simply by the nature of pretty quick heat up time, and being convection. Seems like most who want on-demand behavior use the v3 pro in session mode

Yeah that is different, that is heating up time, its still not an on-demand vape... tis session.

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Petetbay

Shit Snacks

Are you saying the session heat up time is significantly longer on fog pro v. V3?

No I have no idea what the session heat up time compared between them would be... Could be an interesting head to head test!

yes technically this guy is session-only.

Haha yes that is all I am saying, you can only use this in session mode, v3pro has the on demand feature and is built for that feature, the session mode is more like a bonus... Here there is no on demand mode option at all, so it is not an on demand vape, it is a session style vape, albeit pure convection (supposedly) and with a quick heat up time!

"You're technically correct, which is the best kind of correct."
FUTURAMA ah born to be bureaucrat! :rofl:

Shit Snacks,
  • Haha
Reactions: RxPlorer

Robert-in-YEG

No I have no idea what the session heat up time compared between them would be... Could be an interesting head to head test!
I'm guessing that the two are very well matched. The Fog Pro heats up as quick as the V3 Pro or faster.

I've enjoyed the Fog Pro today, but it is time to switch to the Flowermate Nano. I have been enjoying this too, but it is conduction (or hybrid?) and produces stronger psychoactive effects for me.

This might be interesting to some. I used the Fog Pro this morning, cooked a lot of herb, and it is neither clogged nor needing attention. The Nano will have 2 or 3 good sessions, and then I will have to clean the clogged mouthpiece. I am impressed that the Fog Pro isn't clogged with resin, as I had kief mixed with my flower.

The Fog Pro is very easy to fill; it is well designed. The Nano has two choices; use it's funnel, or make a mess. Feeding the Flowemate has more ritual.

Robert-in-YEG

images.jpg

Last edited:

Robert-in-YEG

I'm very glad to hear this, as I took a gamble and mine arrives tomorrow.

over the last year I've realized that I really don't need the TM dope cannon, basically ever. I need on demand microdosing without fiddling a glass stem. Slower/lower production than the TM would be good news for me.

vapman has me covered at home, and sometimes bowle maybe if I want to risk another service return. I hope fog pro is my new mobile DD
It certainly can handle fairly heavy use. I have put a lot herb through the Fog Pro in the past few days, and it hasn't clogged. The filter in the top does need to be cleaned regularly, but it doesn't require any extra fiddling around to keep things working.

The mouthpiece is a bit loose, and can be accidentally pulled out if not handled with care. The top sometimes comes loose or falls off because of weak magnets, but it is manageable.

If the top of Fog Pro were just a bit more sturdy and if the magnets were stronger, this would be a perfect portable.

Battery life is decent. I am getting between 6-8 ten minute sessions out of a battery. With 2 spare batteries, this would last an afternoon for me.

Robert-in-YEG

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: LesPlenty

RxPlorer

It certainly can handle fairly heavy use. I have put a lot herb through the Fog Pro in the past few days, and it hasn't clogged. The filter in the top does need to be cleaned regularly, but it doesn't require any extra fiddling around to keep things working.

The mouthpiece is a bit loose, and can be accidentally pulled out if not handled with care. The top sometimes comes loose or falls off because of weak magnets, but it is manageable.

If the top of Fog Pro were just a bit more sturdy and if the magnets were stronger, this would be a perfect portable.

Battery life is decent. I am getting between 6-8 ten minute sessions out of a battery. With 2 spare batteries, this would last an afternoon for me.

Robert-in-YEG
Totally agree with this, so far. I do wish the chamber were a bit smaller.

as far as the top goes, I kind of wish the lid were just a bit taller, to allow for more u-turns in the ceramic path. It's not "quite" as cool as I'd like it to be. Wouldn't have taken up much more space to extend that airpath

Texus

Totally agree with this, so far. I do wish the chamber were a bit smaller.

as far as the top goes, I kind of wish the lid were just a bit taller, to allow for more u-turns in the ceramic path. It's not "quite" as cool as I'd like it to be. Wouldn't have taken up much more space to extend that airpath
Well, there are may be ways to shrink chamber size potentailly. Making the chamber bigger is a bigger challenge...

Petetbay

Arrived today, 1st impression is pretty good and kinda what I was looking for.
It’s pretty well the same size as the Ace, in fact I ran a bowl at 428*F with the Ace mp using a band to seal the mp/vape as the wider bowl doesn’t seal with the Ace mp and ok, but very harsh as it heats up so fast I couldn’t catch any pulls as it was heating up. 1st bowl was nice started @ 335*F, then 380 finishing @ 400. Pretty roasted avb with some dark bits mixed in. The bowl is slightly wider and taller than the Rogue as the Rogue caps are a little loose fitting.
The taste @ 335 was good and I like that, even producing pretty dense vapor. The higher temps seemed harsh and thinking the temp is higher than indicated, needs more study. I like ceramic tube that lines the inside of the silicone in the mp, seems that Xvape/Xmax has a good supplier that can build them any kind ceramic component. Fog Pro mp fits on the Ace, but doesn’t seal. :bang:
Device gets warm but not hot like Ace or Starry. The air intake is on the button side and very airy pull, but not as much as the V3Pro and the big front and back vents are not air intakes I believe, more like vents for the internals as you can see the bowl.(lessening any conduction maybe)
Didn’t like the screen was facing the wrong way and you can’t reverse it.

pics with the cousins together Fog Pro and Ace using each other’s mp, w/ ceramic mp tube and DD’s in the background.
6CCC1C38-2BDA-40A4-A6EE-FF813177B324.jpeg37A473EB-3E02-459C-8572-4BB20C561AD8.jpeg
F1A5AEB3-E7AA-40D8-9BFB-55A9730CBB27.jpeg

Last edited:

RxPlorer

Well, there are may be ways to shrink chamber size potentailly. Making the chamber bigger is a bigger challenge...
Im currently using a shaped top screen. This makes load/unload a litttle bit less convenient, but it's still manageable. It's keeping my filter screen clean. I've also noticed a good uptick in efficiency with small loads, so the tradeoff is worth it.
FC346F11-38F0-4D38-B26F-C5D8275663F8.jpeg
I'm actually really impressed at the efficiency. Easily getting 12-15 good hits from a 3/4 load when temp stepping from 330 to 409.

oh yeah I think these guys run a little hot. 409 seems like 419.

Vahn84

Hi all! My Fog Pro has been delivered today and so far i can say i am not disappointed. It's so tiny...i love the size and the form factor of this device... and at medium temps (180C) it's capable of delivering nice dense clouds! (with very low effort and with a nice airflow) One thing i did notice though, is that flavour seems a bit muted compared to my other convection vape. In fact i feel that regarding flavour...the Fog Pro lags behind even an hybrid vape like the Mighty. Is it going to get better sessions after session? Or am i asking too much to an under 150$ vape?

PS. I did 5 burnoff cycles before actually using it. Vapor doesn't taste bad...it's just low "tone" if you know what i mean

RxPlorer

flavour seems a bit muted compared to my other convection vape. In fact i feel that regarding flavour...the Fog Pro lags behind even an hybrid vape like the Mighty
This is true. Flavor chasers should look elsewhere. It did improve after 4 or 5 sessions for me, but "muted" is still an accurate description.

Petetbay

Hi all! My Fog Pro has been delivered today and so far i can say i am not disappointed. It's so tiny...i love the size and the form factor of this device... and at medium temps (180C) it's capable of delivering nice dense clouds! (with very low effort and with a nice airflow) One thing i did notice though, is that flavour seems a bit muted compared to my other convection vape. In fact i feel that regarding flavour...the Fog Pro lags behind even an hybrid vape like the Mighty. Is it going to get better sessions after session? Or am i asking too much to an under 150$ vape?

PS. I did 5 burnoff cycles before actually using it. Vapor doesn't taste bad...it's just low "tone" if you know what i mean
I feel device temp is not accurate, maybe 10*C higher than what’s displayed, my 1st bowl was @ 330*F(165*C) and taste was really good and vapor density good as well which is strange that you good density at that low temp and unusually harsh when the temp is raised to 380*F(193*C) that tells me the actual temp is higher than indicated imo. Go lower for taste. Hate to do a comparison but the Rogue has slightly smaller bowl with full convection really does a better job in both taste and vapor density don’t know why. The Fog Pro was suppose to be my Rogue replacement when it’s battery dies, not sure now. When I couldn’t find the Fog Pro available I was looking at another Rogue for $156CDN during BF sales, but I wanted the replaceable battery. :doh:

Last edited:

Wonko the Sane

Outside the Asylum
Does anybody know for certain what material is used for the heating element in the Fog Pro? I have scoured the XVape site and everwhere else possible and there has not been a single mention anywhere regarding the heating element material. I know that the bowl is stainless steel and that the mouthpiece is mostly ceramic but I am far more concerned about the heater.

As attractive as the XMax V3 Pro is, I refuse to buy it because of the very unfortunate decision to use Kanthal for the heating element in that one. I am not saying anything bad about that vape. It is my personal decision about my own personal health to not use vapes that include certain materials, including kanthal. I simply won‘t do it.

Is the Fog Pro the same or does it use a different material for the heating element? Also, whatever the material is for the Fog Pro heating element does it glow during use?

Wonko the Sane,

Robert-in-YEG

Have you tried restricting the airflow?

On all my convection vapes, I restrict the intake airflow to increase the psychoactive effects. This might produce more vapour too?

Robert-in-YEG

images.jpg

Robert-in-YEG,

Vahn84

Have you tried restricting the airflow?

On all my convection vapes, I restrict the intake airflow to increase the psychoactive effects. This might produce more vapour too?

Robert-in-YEG

View attachment 15103
Hi Robert! It's not a matter of vapor production it's more a flavor issue. Anyway i did like @Petetbay said and at 165 it's a bit more prominent and enjoyable. I can't really complain. It's a nice little vape. Do you know if there are any dosing capsules from other vapes that can fit the fog bowl?

Does anybody know for certain what material is used for the heating element in the Fog Pro? I have scoured the XVape site and everwhere else possible and there has not been a single mention anywhere regarding the heating element material. I know that the bowl is stainless steel and that the mouthpiece is mostly ceramic but I am far more concerned about the heater.

As attractive as the XMax V3 Pro is, I refuse to buy it because of the very unfortunate decision to use Kanthal for the heating element in that one. I am not saying anything bad about that vape. It is my personal decision about my own personal health to not use vapes that include certain materials, including kanthal. I simply won‘t do it.

Is the Fog Pro the same or does it use a different material for the heating element? Also, whatever the material is for the Fog Pro heating element does it glow during use?
What's the problem with the heating element? Being the airpath isolated doesn't exclude whichever problems it might have with the heating element?

Vahn84,

Robert-in-YEG

Hi Robert! It's not a matter of vapor production it's more a flavor issue. Anyway i did like @Petetbay said and at 165 it's a bit more prominent and enjoyable. I can't really complain. It's a nice little vape. Do you know if there are any dosing capsules from other vapes that can fit the fog bowl?
Sorry, that is something I don't know. For me, I kind of like the big bowl :)

Robert-in-YEG

images.png

Robert-in-YEG,

Wonko the Sane

Outside the Asylum
What's the problem with the heating element? Being the airpath isolated doesn't exclude whichever problems it might have with the heating element?
The airpath is isolated from the electronics. However, the heating element is directly in the airpath and one is breathing in air that has passed directly over that hot and maybe glowing element.

To be perfectly clear, I am not at all wanting to start any debates about material safety and I am not making any comparisons between vapes. I am only wanting to know what material is used for the Fog Pro.

Petetbay

Does anybody know for certain what material is used for the heating element in the Fog Pro?
I don’t know for certain the material, but in Vape Guide review on 1st page lists the heating element specs and lists ceramic as bowl material which is wrong, it’s steel. So maybe that is really suppose to be the element material. You‘d have to email Topgreen support for the real answer, that’s my conclusion. PPN has stated he had a beta unit and said the heater is not the same as the V3Pro no mention of materials though.

Last edited:

Robert-in-YEG

I don’t know for certain the material, but in Vape Guide review on 1st page lists the heating element specs and lists ceramic as bowl material which is wrong, it’s steel. So maybe that is really suppose to be the element material. You‘d have email Topgreen support for the real answer, that’s my conclusion. PPN has stated he had a beta unit and said the heater is not the same as the V3Pro.
If we all agree that it is stainless steel, I can explicitly state that, in the model overview I created.

The idea is to document answers to these type of questions, as well as provide a reference point for this device. If there are any facts, details, or specs that aren't right, let me know and I will make corrections.

Robert-in-YEG

"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way."
- Robert Frost

Robert-in-YEG,

Vahn84

I don’t know for certain the material, but in Vape Guide review on 1st page lists the heating element specs and lists ceramic as bowl material which is wrong, it’s steel. So maybe that is really suppose to be the element material. You‘d have email Topgreen support for the real answer, that’s my conclusion. PPN has stated he had a beta unit and said the heater is not the same as the V3Pro.
Now I’m curious too…there’s too much to take into account when talking about healthy vapes. I bought a mighty cause I was searching something that I could use with no second thoughts. I vaped from a FF2+ for years though…and below the stainless steel bowl there was a glow so bright that you could really feel the heat…and now I don’t know if I want to know what’s the meaning of a glowing heating element :(

Shit Snacks

Now I’m curious too…there’s too much to take into account when talking about healthy vapes. I bought a mighty cause I was searching something that I could use with no second thoughts. I vaped from a FF2+ for years though…and below the stainless steel bowl there was a glow so bright that you could really feel the heat…and now I don’t know if I want to know what’s the meaning of a glowing heating element :(

A glowing element is fine depending on the material, the mighty and the firefly are very different from each other and this... Mighty has plenty of aluminum which people have problems with, you can have second thoughts about everything! But yes you chose to stick with the budget line, where flavor does not shine, this is a big part of why we suggest spending money on the top tier options, tinymight etc, for me vapor quality is the biggest factor. But you cannot argue with the convenience the fog offers!

Top Bottom