Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

andrew`124c41+

Today was super Vape Monday. Both my Tinymight and XMaxV3 Pro arrived at the same time! Just ordered last week!

I purchased the WPA for the XMAXV3 Pro from Planet of the Apes and it turns out to made of silicone...just slips over the mouthpiece. I th8 it would be made of glass for some reason. Probably confused it with the Tinymight.

Is there anything special one should do putting an extra screen in it?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Today was super Vape Monday. Both my Tinymight and XMaxV3 Pro arrived at the same time! Just ordered last week!

I purchased the WPA for the XMAXV3 Pro from Planet of the Apes and it turns out to made of silicone...just slips over the mouthpiece. I th8 it would be made of glass for some reason. Probably confused it with the Tinymight.

No, reach out to POTV, they sent you the wrong thing, there is a glass mouthpiece and that is what they were selling, someone else you see above was sent the wrong one like you... Shocked they're doing that!

Nothing special, iso qtip swab, let it dry out, and then go to town! I dismantled the mouthpiece to properly clean, soak the silicone in there, but be careful not to get iso on the plastic parts :tup:

Pukka

I now tested again about the Problem that one device makes now brighter ABV after 4 months, and at the beginning it was exact the same.
I changed the batteries again like someone here says. And thx for the tips to change. It is good with keep the battery parallel to the contacts. ;)
The better one in the bad device.
Now i am sure it is not the Battery. Thanks for the tip here.
But the problem stays exact the same. The ABV is only like the Mighty. (But it is very long ago i usede the Mighty).
I wrote to the shop about guarantee like @PPN said.

I'm really interesting to the shop's answer. Fortunately, the vape doesn't cost several hundred euros, so i can live with every answer.
I had a similar case with another vape in the past and the shop told me that he saw it differently and that he had only exchanged it out of goodwill. So i don't see the chances too great, as there is always a certain scope for interpretation, even if the matter is actually clear, albeit minimal. For us perfectionists, the minimum can be a big world, I think. and the Mighty brightness of the ABV is now much brighter I think.

{This is all solely my opinion. I don't personally know or owe anyone involved. I just own and use a poop load of nic and mj vapes.}

I'm assuming the piles on my left are from Vape A and those on my right are from Vape B. If we're comparing A vs B then each load needs to be the equal, ie the same: moisture content, weight, and grind consistency. Then there's the session itself, same idea. The same: bowl pack, heating style, time and temp(s). Don't forget the battery, since this device isn't wall powered you need to factor in battery charge. And on it goes, I'm sure the wonks at XMAX know the drill.

Now you and I know that achieving the state described in the paragraph above isn't happening any time soon (for us meer un-wonkified mortals). We can work really hard, but actually getting there ain't happening any time soon.

There is also the fact that this isn't a "precision" device. There are "allowable errors" in the software, circuitry and heater coil. No offense meant to XMAX, it's just a part of manufacturing a device. Everything has a fudge factor and occasionally all the fudges all line up wrong. Not out of spec, but close enough. Look at it like this: Vape A tests to the cooler end of the "OK test spectrum" and Vape B to the hot side. This is a mass market device, what's a reasonable amount of error? 2° or 20°? I'm not sure but it might be an interesting experiment to move your vaping temps up a degree or two on the lighter vaping device and see if your lighter avb darkens up. I'd be interested in knowing the difference 😎

Edited: spelling correction.

Pukka,
Reactions: PPN

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I put a fine mesh screen in the bottom of the bowls on mine to stop any kief etc making its way down into the oven...probably not necessary but why not?
@cliffhanger1 your ABV obviously shows a weak oven in one device. It will be interesting to hear your local sellers response. Remember, @PPN will fix you if your local seller does not help. :tup:

cliffhanger1

There is also the fact that this isn't a "precision" device. There are "allowable errors" in the software, circuitry and heater coil. No offense meant to XMAX, it's just a part of manufacturing a device. Everything has a fudge factor and occasionally all the fudges all line up wrong. Not out of spec, but close enough. Look at it like this: Vape A tests to the cooler end of the "OK test spectrum" and Vape B to the hot side. This is a mass market device, what's a reasonable amount of error? 2° or 20°? I'm not sure but it might be an interesting experiment to move your vaping temps up a degree or two on the lighter vaping device and see if your lighter avb darkens up. I'd be interested in knowing the difference 😎

Edited: spelling correction.
I thought it too the same especially for a device in this price range otherwise there was the ABV darker at the beginning, but some others and PPN too said that this is an guarantee case. If they didnt say it i had not wrote to the shop about guarantee because i saw not big chances.
And otherwise if it happens with every device after about 3 month of use, i would not buy more of them.

But maybe it is an unique case. I like the device and give it a next chances and buy a new one no matter what the shop says. :)

{This is all solely my opinion. I don't personally know or owe anyone involved. I just own and use a poop load of nic and mj vapes.}

I'm assuming the piles on my left are from Vape A and those on my right are from Vape B. If we're comparing A vs B then each load needs to be the equal, ie the same: moisture content, weight, and grind consistency. Then there's the session itself, same idea. The same: bowl pack, heating style, time and temp(s). Don't forget the battery, since this device isn't wall powered you need to factor in battery charge. And on it goes, I'm sure the wonks at XMAX know the drill.
I always use the same batch of my medicinal variety that comes in a 5 g can and has the same degree of grind and the same degree of drying within the 5 g always same packed and the same amount of weed and i vape ever with the highest temperature range.
The ABV from my pictures was all vaped with full 220 degrees.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I can't seem to get the V3 Pro into demand mode. It says something about pressing 3 more times and holding it. Did not work.

Does the screen change to demand...then work like an e cig...turns on from standby when you toke.
From dead-off it take 3 presses to power up, then you can toggle from sesh to demand (screen tells you which mode you are in) by using the prescribed button press, see instruction booklet.
Once in Demand mode, you still have to press-and hold during your draw - after first waiting to reach temp. (I love the little coffee cup)
If a lot of time passes with no toking, the unit goes to a standby mode, requiring a single button press to wake up, then the press/hold to toke.
For me, it's just too much to keep track of, and given that you have to wait for heatup with every draw I don't see this as 'on demand' anyway.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I can't seem to get the V3 Pro into demand mode. It says something about pressing 3 more times and holding it. Did not work.

The change between session and on demand mode, is holding down the temperature buttons at the same time I think? And then it remembers what mode you were set at so when you turn it on again it will be in session or on demand whatever you were last using...

Does the screen change to demand...then work like an e cig...turns on from standby when you toke.

Yes the screen will change and say on demand or session, and you will see if it is in session it has a longer timer counting down the whole time with the bowl heating, on demand mode it is only showing the bowl heating when you are holding down the button...

No it is not like those auto draw e-cig, there is no draw sensor here, the standby is based off a timer from when you last used the button. You can tap the button to keep it alive, also a nice thing to do to make sure it's active when you take your hit, you'll know because it will vibrate when it hits temp on demand and ready for you...

given that you have to wait for heatup with every draw I don't see this as 'on demand' anyway.

I don't remember if it was you that I was talking to about this before, if it was here or in another thread, where I said agree to disagree, but anyway, I disagree! lol

On demand is the style of use. It is having the manual control of when the vape is heating (as opposed to session automatic heating), often associated with convection because if it is pure convection you are only vaping when you are inhaling the hot air through the herbs, however there is on demand conduction of course just like an oil pen cartridge or other herbal vapes... And similarly here there is session convection, this one is cool because it can do it both styles! However only some on-demand vapes are instant heat up, some of them are not (most session style are not instant), that is kind of a separate thing imo

I really did not know. I was really asking a question.

Huh? I know, that's why I'm trying to answer your question? I don't understand this response, sorry, I think we're having miscommunication?

But also I replied to you in the TM thread, by the way you can quote multiple people to reply in one post, with the quote feature at the bottom, and you can edit your posts as well with the button at the bottom. We're not supposed to post back to back here to keep the threads clean, within 6 hours apart.

I hope you can figure out the xmax and that it's not defective!

andrew`124c41+

Huh? I know, that's why I'm trying to answer your question? I don't understand this response, sorry, I think we're having miscommunication?

But also I replied to you in the TM thread, by the way you can quote multiple people to reply in one post, with the quote feature at the bottom, and you can edit your posts as well with the button at the bottom. We're not supposed to post back to back here to keep the threads clean, within 6 hours apart.

Thanks. No I understood you. I wrote my question as a statement rather than a question...about the definition of on demand.

Anyway, it is a nice little unit. I wrote to POTV and am waiting to hear from them about the unit and also that they sent me a silicone WPA rather than the glass which is what I thought I ordered.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I don't remember if it was you that I was talking to about this before, if it was here or in another thread, where I said agree to disagree, but anyway, I disagree! lol

On demand is the style of use. It is having the manual control of when the vape is heating (as opposed to session automatic heating), often associated with convection because if it is pure convection you are only vaping when you are inhaling the hot air through the herbs, however there is on demand conduction of course just like an oil pen cartridge or other herbal vapes... And similarly here there is session convection, this one is cool because it can do it both styles! However only some on-demand vapes are instant heat up, some of them are not (most session style are not instant), that is kind of a separate thing imo
I appreciate the clarification, I do understand "modulation", to use Milaana-speak.
I find it just as easy to press 3 clicks for off when I want to stop heat, then 3 for on, so same option is there? without tracking which mode I'm in.
I suppose it's more that I don't want to wait for heat up while holding a button -- that along with the fact that a lot of my use is use wife, so, session all the way, multiple bowls!
I tried to follow the directions. I am unable to switch to demand.
When unit is on, briefly press both "+" and "-" until unit vibrates to let you know it has changed from one mode to the other, then let go of buttons. Yeah, maybe you got a dud?

andrew`124c41+

I finally figured it out. The instructions say to hold both the up and down button while pressing the power button.

That did not work...but with the unit on, just holding the up and down button without the power switch...that worked. Now maybe I can get some sleep!

You are not getting any zzzs either!

fogbank

This vape continues to impress me. For me it's max temperature, on-demand mode, 3 "cigar puffs" and then a steady, medium strength and speed draw for 8-10 seconds and I get a nice big cloud. No cigar puffs on the second draw, just medium strength and speed and I get another nice big cloud. Two sessions like that and the ABV is dark brown to black (just how I like it).

From using the glass mouthpiece I know how well the stock mouthpiece cools the vapor. The ceramic cooler insert really works well.

With a cheap hard shell case the V3Pro has replaced my Grasshopper for on-the-go vaping.

Robert-in-YEG

Mine comes on and says "Sensor Error" then shuts off.

Turn it on again and it works.

This is every time.

Zero problems changing battery, what is the big deal?

David
Quality control may be an issue?

Remember that XMax and XVape are made in China. I find my Fog Pro works better than the V3 Pro, but I am the exception. Maybe I have a Good Fog Pro and a defective V3? My V3 works, it just doesn't work as good as it does for others.

My suggestion would be talk to your reseller and see if you can get warranty.

Robert-in-YEG

"If we can really understand the problem, the answer will come out of it, because the answer is not separate from the problem."
~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

Zipford

I finally figured it out. The instructions say to hold both the up and down button while pressing the power button.

That did not work...but with the unit on, just holding the up and down button without the power switch...that worked. Now maybe I can get some sleep!

You are not getting any zzzs either!
Glad this got sorted out, but I don't think the instructions are wrong:

To switchover to “ON DEMAND” mode, click the “up button” and “down button” simultaneously once. Keep holding the “power button” for less than 30 seconds once while inhaling when under “ON DEMAND” Mode.

The second sentence, which refers to holding the power button, is explaining how to use "on demand" mode once you are in it. Obviously you don't need to inhale either while changing modes, right?

Chandler

Been away for a min. Banned myself from all vape related sites for a solid year to control my VAS. Definitely worked. I was outta control! Now I'm back!!

Been taking in this thread for a few weeks. Glad to see the continued innovation in vape tech, shows a bright future for high quality affordable vaporizers.
Sneaky Pete/vapenorth got units in, i got them to price match with canvape and vpm, so the unit was $98CAD instead of $139CAD, along with the glass WPA. Hopefully it arrives before the weekend.

Hope everyone is safe n as healthy as can be. 🥂

thunderstealer1337

hmm wonder why the vendor rep told you to reach out to the shop, i reached out to my shop and they said xmax deals with all the warranties and to email them on their website - using their hyperlink they themselves provided - I did not get a response at all there, until I asked here and used another email provided here for customer service. Maybe something has now changed??

Also their customer service started out well, lotsa quick responses asking for serial # and proof of purchase, and now getting into the issue it seems like they are just dragging.

What I mean by this was I had to send a - hey whats going on can I get a update email after week+ maybe 2 weeks of silence? And now I have literally paid for the replacement s/h over like a week+ ago and just waiting since I have been told I will be emailed once it ships.

It shouldn't take me 3-4weeks to be where I am at and still have no clue on when I would get the replacement after paying. At least I have other vapes, maybe just delays from holidays I hope.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Your shop sucks. :2c:
A decent local head shop/retailer will usually look after you...back to the maker is a last resort as shipping times and cost come into play.
I think it depends on where you sit. In US it is not unusual for a retailer to leave all the warranty service up to, well, someone else. Laws are not as consumer-favorable, we tend to "leave business unregulated - to thrive!", for better or for worse, this is the way it is.
I understand that in EU and in Australia consumer protection is more solid, and retailers are required to take care of you on stuff like this.
I believe this company should have a designated service center in US, more than just a communicator (thanks, no reflection on you, @PPN!) Or is there a network already established that I don't know of?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I don't want to go into specific retailers, so I don't have an answer to your question. I know that some do offer much more help than others, as part of their business plan to offer good c/s. This is their free market choice, not an obligation as it is elsewhere. Sometimes they are absorbing costs of same, naturally needing to then make it back somehow...

In US, S&B has a physical location, for both sales and service. Does this exist in Oz? I think this illustrates my point, S&B sent you to a retailer. If you were in US, you would deal with their service center. I purchased a Mighty from Puffitup and then registered it with S&B, should it need service. I believe if it had been faulty right out the box, Puffitup would have replaced right away... but any more time passes, I deal with S&B.

Top Bottom