Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

andrew`124c41+

Not sure how I feel about the vape. It’s not mine. It’s the Gf’s. Was her present. I did maybe 3-4 sessions out of it. I find the airflow way to loose. I was using it at 220C and plugging all the intake holes to get dense clouds. I seem to prefer session over on demand mode. Flavor is good though. I have just been doing a lose pack no tamp. Not sure if I am doing anything wrong here. Guess I need to try more bowls and see how it goes.
I continually read people talking about thick clouds... perhaps this comes from prior conflagration experience to which I refer to the name of this Forum the be second word of which is synonymous... combustion! :-)

Try an experiment. Use the V3 at 350 F.
Do not look for clouds. The vapor is almost invisible
...to a very light opaque consistency.
I just did this right now both with and without a WP. Packed it full with a very high CBD product a little drier than my other strains.

There was no airway path restriction and I could draw easily without cigar puffs. I think I did this about 5 times before checking the chamber and stirring which I am not sure is really necessary. I hit it 2 more times without changing the temp and when I dumped my product on a tissue for contrast... looked just as it is supposed to.

As for the result...it did what it was supposed to. Now, if I did this at a higher temp with a resultant thick cloud would the results be more intense? I honestly do not know.

But as I have said on other threads, it is my hope that by keeping the temp as low as possible I might get less of the harmful elements such as tars in my throat and bronchi.

Is the desire for thick clouds psychological, mere preference, habit, or based upon something I am missing.

Just curious as to what others experience and thoughts about this issue are.

Huff and puff until the product becomes dark

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Now, if I did this at a higher temp with a resultant thick cloud would the results be more intense? I honestly do not know.
Yes.
While cloudage (the scientific word for it...) is only an indicator, it happens to be a relatively good one. You are correct, it is not the only one, in part it is simply water vapor, in part, compound that don't have any effect (the ones you worry about?).

You are comparing effect from CBD canna to high thc canna? Huh?
My comments relate to my experience, solely with the latter.

There's a lot to be said for lower-temp vaping. Nice light, airy, more subtle high, ime. There's also more to be had from the higher temp. and this can make vaping a much more individualized experience than combusting, which is more like one size fits all.

Additionally, the individual compounds in cannabis are each releasing through a range of temps, not simply when a given threshold temp is reached.

The V3 has "okay" temp control, but consider this; It is possible to combust with this device (as some have done, I've gotten very close, to the point it could have, if pushed harder). It can be a factor of tight- or over-pack and riding at high temp for extended period. So, if this is possible, at a temperature setting and reading that is below the point of possible combustion, is it not also possible that the 350 temp you are using is not so accurate? or that it can be over-ridden somehow? Yes, you are vaping in a lower temp range, but the numbers are not precise in this instance.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Overboiling compounds at high temps is not as healthy as tempstepping through their boiling points,but for sure has nothing to do with Tar formation. The main concern with high temp vaping is that over 200C is that you get benzene, toluene and naphthalene in the mix...:puke:
If you not getting vapor thick enough below 200 C ,then you need a more powerful vaporizer,not a higher temperature.If you are concerned for the healthiness ,better get used to priming puffs and less dense vapor,instead of overboiling compounds when you try to get near to "desktop performance".

Petetbay

Lost me there...
He gave you the answer. Combustion. Latin derived consume by fire or blazing. My one year of hi school Latin got demoted to French, I think they later dropped latin all together as the only people that took it wanted to be docs and snakes(lawyers). I actually had quite a few in my classes. The hi school closed and is now the medical school building for the local university. Go Redmen! :evil:
We had the Squires come thru here in the 60’s.

Last edited:

andrew`124c41+

Yes.
While cloudage (the scientific word for it...) is only an indicator, it happens to be a relatively good one. You are correct, it is not the only one, in part it is simply water vapor, in part, compound that don't have any effect (the ones you worry about?).

You are comparing effect from CBD canna to high thc canna? Huh?
My comments relate to my experience, solely with the latter.

There's a lot to be said for lower-temp vaping. Nice light, airy, more subtle high, ime. There's also more to be had from the higher temp. and this can make vaping a much more individualized experience than combusting, which is more like one size fits all.

Additionally, the individual compounds in cannabis are each releasing through a range of temps, not simply when a given threshold temp is reached.

The V3 has "okay" temp control, but consider this; It is possible to combust with this device (as some have done, I've gotten very close, to the point it could have, if pushed harder). It can be a factor of tight- or over-pack and riding at high temp for extended period. So, if this is possible, at a temperature setting and reading that is below the point of possible combustion, is it not also possible that the 350 temp you are using is not so accurate? or that it can be over-ridden somehow? Yes, you are vaping in a lower temp range, but the numbers are not precise in this instance.
Cloudage, a scientific term? Webster's defines it as "a bunch of clouds." Sorry, I have spent the majority of my life working in a field driven largely by science and the scientific method. The word cloudage is not even used in aviation. (Wow, the pilot blew a large cloudage causing him to go from VMC into IMC and having to shoot an ILS approach at minimums!)

The majority of what I have been running into in dispensaries is derivative of 60s hippie folklore or it's new incarnation of pseudoscience, the "entourage" effect and the role of Terpines which to this point I think is unmitigated BS. Terpines certainly give the cannabis plant their respective odors but there is zero evidence to date that they have any psychoactive or medicinal roles. To prove that they do would require a landmark article like one written by Candice Pert who identified the opioid receptor in the 60s. No Terpine receptors have been identified as of yet last that I checked.

Furthermore, all the work on the other cannabinoids is relatively new, evolving, and also largely unproven but rather anecdotal.

I am not trying to rain on anybody's parade. I am all in for emperic trial and error...experimentation. I have always espoused the use of off label medications. At one time I served as the Medical Services Director for the Life Extension Foundation, no friend of the FDA. LEF battled the FDA in the 80s winning the right of patients to use the antiviral Ribovarin in concert with another antiviral for the treatment of hepatitis C.

I have seen the temperature charts.
But to begin with, I am not convinced that the mechanism of action in vaping is the actual conversion of the active compounds in Cannabis to vapor. I am not saying that they are not, just that it may be by some other means.

I am no Cannabis expert or connoisseur but frankly, having tried a number of different strains, the only difference I experience is with one that I have that has a very low THC but much higher CBD content.

The whole Sativa vs Indica vs hybrid thing to me is all nonsense. If you said I could win a million dollars if I could tell one from the other from the effect, I would lose. Yes, supposedly one has a higher ratio of CBD to THC than the other. I am just saying that their effect on me is pretty much all the same as far as I can tell. (The low THC high CBD is the only one I could tell because it takes quite a bit more to get a psychoactive effect.) I have spoken with a number of others who feel the same way. Other than their smell and taste once you fall down the chute...stoned is stoned :-)

I have tried a tablet called Good Night which has CBN in it. I do find it good for sleep. I have yet to find a strain of flower high in CBN.

As a side note, I have come to the conclusion that the whole medical aspect of this is a scam. Why?

The dispensaries, at least here in MD, the only ones that I have been to, for the most part stock strains that are very, very high (no pun intended) in THC.

The purported use for epilepsy for instance, requires a certain ratio of THC to CBD in which the THC is either low or even absent. Yet, dispensaries are advertising high THV content. Who do they think they are fooling with all the new age mumbo jumbo Terpine talk.
"Cannabinoids in the Treatment of Epilepsy: Hard Evidence at Last?" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5767492/

My limited experience to date regarding temperature is that higher temperatures may get you where you want to go faster and perhaps deeper. (And offer more cloudage.) At the same time at some point the higher temps cause irritation.

cliffhanger1

The whole Sativa vs Indica vs hybrid thing to me is all nonsense. If you said I could win a million dollars if I could tell one from the other from the effect, I would lose. Yes, supposedly one has a higher ratio of CBD to THC than the other. I am just saying that their effect on me is pretty much all the same as far as I can tell. (The low THC high CBD is the only one I could tell because it takes quite a bit more to get a psychoactive effect.) I have spoken with a number of others who feel the same way. Other than their smell and taste once you fall down the chute...stoned is stoned :-)
With indicas you get stoned. With Sativas you get be activated.
Then you have to try a strong Sativa i think.
For example the Ghost Train Haze which is the same medical strain named in Pedanios 22/1 from Aurora in Canada makes me really activated.
Too much activated so i am now prefer a Hybrid 50 % Indica + 50 % Sativa called Bedrocan aka Jack Herer from the netherlands made.
:whip:Sorry for offtopic ;)

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Cloudage, a scientific term? Webster's defines it as "a bunch of clouds." Sorry, I have spent the majority of my life working in a field driven largely by science and the scientific method.
You're forgiven for not getting my attempt at humor. ;)

Nor am I an aviator, so this;
(Wow, the pilot blew a large cloudage causing him to go from VMC into IMC and having to shoot an ILS approach at minimums!)
...sounds to me like the pilot farted and really messed up. :rolleyes: (again, simply humor)

I think you have taken up this discussion in the wrong thread, other than that you used the V3 as the example for folks to try to replicate your experience.

Respectfully, Vaporizer threads are for discussion of the specific vape.

It's clear that you've put a lot of thought into all these other layers, I'm sure you can find some spirited discussion in the Vapor Lounge threads, or somewhere in the Medical Discussion Forums.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Cloudage, a scientific term? Webster's defines it as "a bunch of clouds." Sorry, I have spent the majority of my life working in a field driven largely by science and the scientific method. The word cloudage is not even used in aviation. (Wow, the pilot blew a large cloudage causing him to go from VMC into IMC and having to shoot an ILS approach at minimums!)

The majority of what I have been running into in dispensaries is derivative of 60s hippie folklore or it's new incarnation of pseudoscience, the "entourage" effect and the role of Terpines which to this point I think is unmitigated BS. Terpines certainly give the cannabis plant their respective odors but there is zero evidence to date that they have any psychoactive or medicinal roles. To prove that they do would require a landmark article like one written by Candice Pert who identified the opioid receptor in the 60s. No Terpine receptors have been identified as of yet last that I checked.

Furthermore, all the work on the other cannabinoids is relatively new, evolving, and also largely unproven but rather anecdotal.

I am not trying to rain on anybody's parade. I am all in for emperic trial and error...experimentation. I have always espoused the use of off label medications. At one time I served as the Medical Services Director for the Life Extension Foundation, no friend of the FDA. LEF battled the FDA in the 80s winning the right of patients to use the antiviral Ribovarin in concert with another antiviral for the treatment of hepatitis C.

I have seen the temperature charts.
But to begin with, I am not convinced that the mechanism of action in vaping is the actual conversion of the active compounds in Cannabis to vapor. I am not saying that they are not, just that it may be by some other means.

I am no Cannabis expert or connoisseur but frankly, having tried a number of different strains, the only difference I experience is with one that I have that has a very low THC but much higher CBD content.

I have tried a tablet called Good Night which has CBN in it. I do find it good for sleep. I have yet to find a strain of flower high in CBN.

As a side note, I have come to the conclusion that the whole medical aspect of this is a scam. Why?

The dispensaries, at least here in MD, the only ones that I have been to, for the most part stock strains that are very, very high (no pun intended) in THC.

The purported use for epilepsy for instance, requires a certain ratio of THC to CBD in which the THC is either low or even absent. Yet, dispensaries are advertising high THV content. Who do they think they are fooling with all the new age mumbo jumbo Terpine talk.
"Cannabinoids in the Treatment of Epilepsy: Hard Evidence at Last?" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5767492/

My limited experience to date regarding temperature is that higher temperatures may get you where you want to go faster and perhaps deeper. (And offer more cloudage.) At the same time at some point the higher temps cause irritation.
@andrew`124c41+ you sure bit off a lot here especially for a vape-specific thread. If you want to start a thread about Sativa/Indica being nonsense, or about how you get tar from your cannabis, or how terpenes don't do shit, please feel free to do so in Vaporization Discussion of Ask FC but leave these topics out of the V3 thread please.

Thank you.

:peace:

andrew`124c41+

With indicas you get stoned. With Sativas you get be activated.
Then you have to try a strong Sativa i think.
For example the Ghost Train Haze which is the same medical strain named in Pedanios 22/1 from Aurora in Canada makes me really activated.
Too much activated so i am now prefer a Hybrid 50 % Indica + 50 % Sativa called Bedrocan aka Jack Herer from the netherlands made.
:whip:Sorry for offtopic ;)
I have certainly heard this many times. It is just that personally, I don't notice the difference. Maybe it is my age or hard wiring :-)

You're forgiven for not getting my attempt at humor. ;)

Nor am I an aviator, so this;

...sounds to me like the pilot farted and really messed up. :rolleyes: (again, simply humor)

I think you have taken up this discussion in the wrong thread, other than that you used the V3 as the example for folks to try to replicate your experience.

Respectfully, Vaporizer threads are for discussion of the specific vape.

It's clear that you've put a lot of thought into all these other layers, I'm sure you can find some spirited discussion in the Vapor Lounge threads, or somewhere in the Medical Discussion Forums.
Oops. Sorry. My bad for missing that and going way off topic.

@andrew`124c41+ you sure bit off a lot here especially for a vape-specific thread. If you want to start a thread about Sativa/Indica being nonsense, or about how you get tar from your cannabis, or how terpenes don't do shit, please feel free to do so in Vaporization Discussion of Ask FC but leave these topics out of the V3 thread please.

Thank you.

:peace:
Sorry, I did not intend to start a firestorm especially since you are right about this thread. I also hope I made it clear this was just my own experience. Also, I think I was reacting to the bombardment I have gotten in conversations with people at dispensaries who present themselves as experts. Lol.
Again, sorry for the digression.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
He gave you the answer.
Maybe I should have said...lost my interest but I was too bent to type much more, so many mistakes Grammarly was spitting the dummy.
Cloudage,
FC specific secret scientific talk...it is a 2-year course!
I think I have given up on the mini bubbler...just too much restriction with water and a pain to clean to bother using it dry (the stock mouthpiece or WPA/j-hook are much easier to maintain).
I usually hit my V3 at 190-200c during the day and max it out (220c) at night to help me sleep or to settle my too many dab jitters during the day.

andrew`124c41+

Maybe I should have said...lost my interest but I was too bent to type much more, so many mistakes Grammarly was spitting the dummy.

FC specific secret scientific talk...it is a 2-year course!
I think I have given up on the mini bubbler...just too much restriction with water and a pain to clean to bother using it dry (the stock mouthpiece or WPA/j-hook are much easier to maintain).
I usually hit my V3 at 190-200c during the day and max it out (220c) at night to help me sleep or to settle my too many dab jitters during the day.
How big is the mini bubbler? Is there a picture of it?

andrew`124c41+

Hmmm. I may have missed something. Is this made specifically for the V3 Pro by X Max? It looks cool. I am sorry it is not working for you. I find since I am vaping on the V3 at 350, I can get away without a WP. At the moment I am using the slip over WPA that POTV sent me by mistake until they send the glass one.

The WPA does work but I suspect the one made by X Max will be better.

Anyway, using an adapter for a WP is not too much trouble for me.

andrew`124c41+

Every once in awhile the V3 starts counting down while in demand mode. Anybody know why? I just run it off and back on.

andrew`124c41+,
Reactions: PPN

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Every once in awhile the V3 starts counting down while in demand mode. Anybody know why? I just run it off and back on.

That is the countdown to the auto shut off, you do not need to turn it off, just tap a button, to reset. It is also helpful to tap a button, before taking a hit in on demand mode, to make sure you are activating the heater and not just waking it up...

Last edited:
Top Bottom