Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi Topgreen

Any updates to our inquiries?

Thanks
Honnestly I can't say why the V3Pro isn't available in US shops, I'll ask and report later...
I was refering just the official release since there are just a few webs to buy It.
But thanks! :D

I Saw It on la centrale with that name. It is true they did some improvements? 🤔 I tought the original has haptic feedback...It would be nice to know all improvements they did, i Will ask them :)
(+They give you a 5 years warranty :o)
Im interested in v3 because It have on demand Mode and seems to be some kind of HR tech(with good taste) with better and removable battery and smooth vapor.
I think even without an optimal on demand Mode, it seems to be a great device (and at low price range)
I wish they improve the on demand Mode and cleanable airpath. It would be a must have imo.
I was looking for some electric vape and this is one of my choices :)
From my talk with the LCV owner I understood the VAP to vibrate when T° is reached while used with on-demand mode. Thank you for the interest. Yes it's our first full convection vape (and it is!), so, thank you for the suggestions you made about a cleanable airpath and on-demand mode.
They may just mean that it's improvements over the v2. I see nothing there to indicate anything different from my v3 (which has haptic).

I really need to write my thoughts on the v3, but one of the only things I could improve would be making "on demand" mode worth anything. 15 second (max) heat up time is extremely fast for session mode. No complaints. 15seconds holding the button down for each hit in on demand mode? Worthless.

True on demand convection vapes are like a 2-5 second, which makes it a useful thing to grab and hit occasionally (or get one hit right now RIGHT NOW). The v3pro needs "on demand" mode to overdrive the heater for 4 second warmup at the cost of battery life to make this useful.

No big deal, and I keep trying to think of ways to put use to "on demand" mode, but right now it seems vestigial.
I understand your concerns, do you think a single/double press starting a 30s heating cycle would do it better? like that no need to keep the finger on the button...
Well even it's session mode is still like on demand, it's just on demand where you don't have to hold the button down is all..
You hit the nail, thank you for that!
I have used the V3 for a few days and only a few times. The steam is as cold as almost no other.

Still, I'm disappointed with the quality of the steam of the vaporizer.

I don't want to badmouth the vaporizer here, and I only post it 1 time, but it's useless to me.
I have since some days the Storm which is identical to the XMax V2 and now the V3.

For me it's just an improvement that the steam is even cooler.
But it doesn't do as much as I think because the V2 + V3 delivers far too little steam for me with far too much effort.
and little steam it almost doesn't matter if it is even cooler, because not much. (for me !!!)

Means you have to pull and pull and pull for some steam where you get a lot of steam with other vapos with little pull.

It was cheap and it doesn't matter to me, I was curious and will probably sell it after testing it 3 times, just like the Storm.

therefore unsuitable for me because too little steam. for me it's an air pump against others (also in the same price range in part)

therefore, he can still please others
When I tested it for the first times I got exactly the same first impression... but there is a small learning curve: I begin with a fast&long hit to "prime" the load, and the subsequents hits will give you thick vapor without to pull for long... if you don't wait too long between hits (my new Herborizer XL seems to work similarly). Vapor isn't as thick as the TinyMight or others "heavy hitter", the V3Pro is a bit more delicate hitter, this is why the vapor is so smooth, no cough, no pains, only enjoyable tasty vapor (please don't mistake the vapor quality with the vapor thickness) but solid vapor also! But we will consider your opinions, I just hope you will give him another try and your opinion will probably change, I hope so!
Try long draw, it's there, the longest you can at 220 in session mode and you will be amazed, If I baby-draw it I get nothing, negative on the on-demand mode, it makes me go back to session midway, and that's how mine behaves.
Yes, this is how work convection heat, long draws although, like I said in my reply to Clifhanger, if you don't wait too long after that "priming" long hit you will notice how the next hits don't need so long inhalations in order to get solid vapor. Have fun!

@Abysmal Vapor I'm glad to see you back my friend! Yes a fluffy pack is better than a tamped down load.

cliffhanger1

@cliffhanger1 Did you grind your material ? A fluffy pack should yielf result,but i dont own a unit though.
yes i always grind and down pack it down. i also get visible steam, for me not thick enough

Every vape is different. maybe he fills a gap with other vape preferences than mine and others love it

Try long draw, it's there, the longest you can at 220 in session mode and you will be amazed, If I baby-draw it I get nothing, negative on the on-demand mode, it makes me go back to session midway, and that's how mine behaves.
But that's the thing, I don't like drawing for that long, I don't like vaping that way.
and however, even with a long drawing, the steam is not thick enough for me
--
@PPN you are right, i meant the vapor thickness. sorry

sure i will give it a chance . I am fair.

But I can hardly imagine that my mind will change.
I am certainly not saying that the vape is bad !!! I've only shared my personal experience based on my vape preferences.

and yes the steam is very very smooth and very cool. i think the ceramik in the Mothpiece makes very good work !

as I said, others can love the V3 ! if my mind will change i will report

Edit:

i tried again, have to revise my opinion a part. You get thicker steam with longer draws.
I'm not saying the vape is bad. It's actually really good, anyway for the price and as PPN @ said very smooth vapor, no cough, etc. somehow even has a medical touch because of it. the effect is also different than with my daily driver. rather activated for me than stoned

every vape is other, which is really good :) will test more :)

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Any ETA on sales within the USA?
Hi my friend, I have some explanations for you, at the moment we are focused on the European's market although some well known US retailers are actually testing the device and their feedback is great, so it may be available pretty soon.

Thank you @cliffhanger1 to give the V3Pro a whole vape test! You are right about the fact the V3Pro might be a very good device for medical users who aren't used to vaporization since vapor can't be harsh for the throat, even if you push it at max T°. As well recreationnal users will appreciate the strong taste of the flowers, the ease of use (after the tiny learning curve), the battery life and the smooth vapor, sure ;).

Have fun and enjoy your vaporizers!

Last edited:

maremaresing

@PPN You are such a kind and level headed representative in the vape industry. Thanks and keep it up!

To start, it must be reiterated that the cooling mouthpiece is a shining star in this vape. It's so compact and comfortable, and I never get a harsh or hot hit.

I've seen that conduction vapor has a very different density in relation to effects than convection. Could be all in my head, but I don't think comparing them yields the most accurate answers. In any case, I think the V3Pro delivers the goods (for me).

I prefer super high temps when I vape, going for a dark roast and complete extraction. Basically mirroring the effects I'd get if I smoked, without the smoke. Anything less than full extraction at high temperatures gives me extremely unpleasant effects, so I can tell if a vape just simply doesn't have the power to heat properly or evenly. (This is different than hit size).

The V3Pro (this is a very annoying name to type over and over lol) could deliver bigger clouds easier if it went to higher temps, flirting with combustion. Many convection (and conduction) portables are happy to put you in this zone, but I can run the V3Pro on max temp with any sort of pack and never worry about combustion or harsh hits.

Even still, the effects are there! It's like zero thought conduction vape... but convection! I love it. To me, I see a lot of similarities to a popular log vape in effect and hit size and technique needed. (If technique is required at all.)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
and down pack it down.
Don't pack it down, sprinkle fill 3x pinches of pot...if you have decent scales, keep the load from 0.03 to 0.07g if you want big clouds and a fast one or 2 hit extraction. :tup:
I only pack more if I want a session to last longer with less dramatic results (less dense but tasty vapor). It is great that the V3Pro can be used a few ways...a full bowl WPA is gonna be great...still being developed apparently!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Don't pack it down, sprinkle fill 3x pinches of pot...if you have decent scales, keep the load from 0.03 to 0.07g if you want big clouds and a fast one or 2 hit extraction. :tup:
I only pack more if I want a session to last longer with less dramatic results (less dense but tasty vapor). It is great that the V3Pro can be used a few ways...a full bowl WPA is gonna be great...still being developed apparently!
Yes it's amazing to notice how the V3Pro handles such micro-doses just throwing a few flakes in the bowl. Did you tried a screen to keep the load closer of the bottom in order to "force" the hot air through the load? I have to try that in order to check if this is increase vapor density but it looks like the V3Pro produces more turbulences with a loose load, so we can assume it's not laminar heat, rather a heating tech based on turbulences.

CatchDoubleDuece

Mine should be arriving some time today....I'm all giddy about it too.

Was wondering, not that the device doesn't produce great vapor on it's own but...would a vapcap will fit inside the oven and not pose any threat of damaging the unit and does get hot enough to get past the second click? Just realized this is not an oven so highly unlikely

CatchDoubleDuece

Well I'm pretty damn impressed. This just might be my new daily driver. Wife has already asked for own. Only played with session mode so far and no issues and never reached the timeout even when sharing bowls. This thing heats up fairly fast < 20sec.

First sesh I packed a full bowl w/ light-to-medium tamping w/ course-to-medium ground Plum Mochi and Lemon Sherbet flower from my friends at Alpha Medic, approx. 1 heaping dash of each (1/8 tsp ea). I turned it on and left it at 220c and watched the temp climb quickly and within 10-15 seconds it vibrated to indicate it was already at 220c.

Sip #1 - Approx. 10 seconds after reaching temp I took my first pull, a long slow 10sec sip and got a pretty decent hit, not full cloud but very yummy flavor. What I would call a 60-75% hit. I wanted more.

Sip #2 - I waited approx. another 10 seconds and took another 8-10sec sip, this time I could feel the warm tasty air toward the latter half of the rip and I got an impressive full and very flavorful hit. I could also now visibly see light whiffs of vapor escaping the mouthpiece end after pulling it away from my lips and I was eager to take my 3rd toke.

Sip #3 - (HARD HITTER TIP - see red area in image below) The 3rd would have been the same as the second however I noticed 2 air intake vents on either side of the unit just below the mouthpiece so I used my fingers to cover them in all sorts of ways similar to a carb, sometimes tapping, sometimes feathering my fingers over the top, covering one while rolling over the other all while I took a long slow sip (8-10sec) and OH MAN WHAT A RIP!

vc-3.jpg

THIS is the way to get those good deep extraction hits where you need a moment to collect yourself afterwords hehe and like @maremaresing suggested, it seems impossible to combust because hit #4 is like hit #1 and around hit #5 there simply is no more vapor production and the resulting ABV is cooked very thoroughly.

Rough estimate of vapor excellence/per hit experience (8-10 draws each) per 1/4 tsp session:

1-60-75% - just getting started
2-90-100%
3-90-100%
4-80%
5-40%
6-15% - fin

Some more images of abv and chamber after about a dozen uses @ est 5-6 hits each...

vc-4.jpg

vc-5.jpg

vc-6.jpg

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Well I'm pretty damn impressed. This just might be my new daily driver. Wife has already asked for own. Only played with session mode so far and no issues and never reached the timeout even when sharing bowls. This thing heats up fairly fast < 20sec.

First sesh I packed a full bowl w/ light-to-medium tamping w/ course-to-medium ground Plum Mochi and Lemon Sherbet flower from my friends at Alpha Medic, approx. 1 heaping dash of each (1/8 tsp ea). I turned it on and left it at 220c and watched the temp climb quickly and within 10-15 seconds it vibrated to indicate it was already at 220c.

Sip #1 - Approx. 10 seconds after reaching temp I took my first pull, a long slow 10sec sip and got a pretty decent hit, not full cloud but very yummy flavor. What I would call a 60-75% hit. I wanted more.

Sip #2 - I waited approx. another 10 seconds and took another 8-10sec sip, this time I could feel the warm tasty air toward the latter half of the rip and I got an impressive full and very flavorful hit. I could also now visibly see light whiffs of vapor escaping the mouthpiece end after pulling it away from my lips and I was eager to take my 3rd toke.

Sip #3 - (HARD HITTER TIP - see red area in image below) The 3rd would have been the same as the second however I noticed 2 air intake vents on either side of the unit just below the mouthpiece so I used my fingers to cover them in all sorts of ways similar to a carb, sometimes tapping, sometimes feathering my fingers over the top, covering one while rolling over the other all while I took a long slow sip (8-10sec) and OH MAN WHAT A RIP!

vc-3.jpg

THIS is the way to get those good deep extraction hits where you need a moment to collect yourself afterwords hehe and like @maremaresing suggested, it seems impossible to combust because hit #4 is like hit #1 and around hit #5 there simply is no more vapor production and the resulting ABV is cooked very thoroughly.

Rough estimate of vapor excellence/per hit experience (8-10 draws each) per 1/4 tsp session:

2-90-100%
3-90-100%
4-80%
5-40%
6-15% - fin

Some more images of abv and chamber after about a dozen uses @ est 5-6 hits each...

vc-4.jpg

vc-5.jpg

vc-6.jpg
Thanks for sharing this. So is that the abv after five or six hits all at 220°? Tried going any darker or is it not worth the battery for the vapor you get? Is the vapor production dense at lower temps?

CatchDoubleDuece

So is that the abv after five or six hits all at 220°?
Yep.

Tried going any darker or is it not worth the battery for the vapor you get?
Doesn't seem worth the effort, the bowl gets hot but it's only heated when pulling air through and it doesn't make sense to keep pulling very low vapor producing popcorn tasting hits.

Is the vapor production dense at lower temps?
Yes, impressively it is. However, I didn't try it without feathering the intake vents, I went for as much extraction in the least amount of hits, 10 second draws.

I did a sesh @ 200c w/ Gushers by Alpha. This is the before shot (only 1/8 tsp packed) very loose grind and pack:
vc-7.jpg

This is the result. I pulled using the vents to carb and trying to extract as much as possible, 10 second power draws w/ 10 seconds in between each hit and by the 7th hit no more visible vapor. The first 4 hits were delicious and pretty dense and flavorful just not as pungent as 220c, hits 5-7 meh, > than 50% reduction in vapor from previous hit density. I let it cook for another 30 seconds and gave it another 8th go and still no more visible vapor.
vc-8.jpg

SS Vapcap w/ torch, same flower, same amount, but torch does get hotter obviously.
vc-9.jpg

PPN

Volute of Vapor

vc-3.jpg

2-90-100%
3-90-100%
4-80%
5-40%
6-15% - fin

vc-4.jpg

vc-5.jpg

vc-6.jpg
Hi, thank you so much for the impressive review! I'm glad you like it, enjoy!

maremaresing

vc-3.jpg

Holy cow you weren't kidding. That's a whole nother level of vapor output and flavor. Nice to have that heavy hitting option in case I need/want it. Otherwise I like the normal sized rips I get from it, too.

@PPN Is there any way to remove that black loading ramp around the oven? I have bits of herb already getting stuck where it meets the body, and probably falling below. Also, any way to get a diagram of where every thing sits in there, and where the heater components end and electronics begin? Are the electronics isolated from the airpath?

I'm still super enjoying my V3Pro. At least two of my portables (that I enjoyed) just became obsolete.

Bazinga

Holy cow you weren't kidding. That's a whole nother level of vapor output and flavor. Nice to have that heavy hitting option in case I need/want it. Otherwise I like the normal sized rips I get from it, too.

@PPN Is there any way to remove that black loading ramp around the oven? I have bits of herb already getting stuck where it meets the body, and probably falling below. Also, any way to get a diagram of where every thing sits in there, and where the heater components end and electronics begin? Are the electronics isolated from the airpath?

I'm still super enjoying my V3Pro. At least two of my portables (that I enjoyed) just became obsolete.
Which two, if I may ask, did you shelve?

maremaresing

Which two, if I may ask, did you shelve?

To avoid namedropping other vapes in PPN's thread, I'll just say that they are conduction portables that you also cannot clean the full airpath of. Nothing wrong with the vapes and they are very good at what they do, I just like to keep my collection svelte.

Speaking of svelte, I just love the edgeless candybar form of the V3Pro. Very nice to hold and use.

There is something I did day one to the V3Pro that I haven't shared. The magnetic battery plate is very thin and there is some slop where it fits into place. Becuase of this, the magnetic strength isn't extreme, and when you handle the vape the plate shifts slightly. It's not like it's going to come apart (though a quick slap will pop the cover off), just that your hand impacts the one part that moves slightly, making the experience more fragile.

This won't bother most people, and is nothing against the vape design, but I hated the "shk shk shk" of that tiny bit of slop so I came up with a number of ways to stop it.

As usually happens, the first thing I tried worked great and I lost interest in trying anything else.

ub8isXC.jpg

I put two small strips of 3m doublesided window tape on the part where the backplate contacts (though other thin double side tape will probably also work). This is thin enough that the plate is still flush with the body, and doesn't leave any sticky residue. It just provides some extra side to side friction that the plate shifts so slowly you never notice it. Even though I pop the battery out to charge every time, it still looks fresh.

The whole vape feels like it's a solid bar of aluminum now, I love it! Really classes up the experience.

CatchDoubleDuece

Anyone try concentrates yet? Just tried a dab on the bucket and fired it up to 220c...nada. All my wax just melted into the pad, tried multiple slow long drags and I got some slight flavor but no visible vapor, turned it off after about 2m. A bit disappointed and hoping it's me and it comes down to using the right technique.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Even though I pop the battery out
Just be mindful that the wrap on 18650 batteries is quite fragile and the leading edges of the wrap can be damaged quite easily by simply inserting/removing the battery. :2c:
Anyone try concentrates yet?
Not really a convection thing, I have found with most convection-orientated vapes that the herb sandwich is the best way to go so you can draw some heat through the concentrate rather than just pulling hot air over the top of a cup...that said if you have heaps of concentrate just try melting more into the cup.

PPN

Volute of Vapor

Hi @maremaresing , yes I can see your concerns. I will ask to engineers but I don't think you can remove the black loading ramp. The airpath is fully isolated from electronics though. I'll ask for the V3Pro diagram also...
To avoid namedropping other vapes in PPN's thread, I'll just say that they are conduction portables that you also cannot clean the full airpath of. Nothing wrong with the vapes and they are very good at what they do, I just like to keep my collection svelte.

Speaking of svelte, I just love the edgeless candybar form of the V3Pro. Very nice to hold and use.

There is something I did day one to the V3Pro that I haven't shared. The magnetic battery plate is very thin and there is some slop where it fits into place. Becuase of this, the magnetic strength isn't extreme, and when you handle the vape the plate shifts slightly. It's not like it's going to come apart (though a quick slap will pop the cover off), just that your hand impacts the one part that moves slightly, making the experience more fragile.

This won't bother most people, and is nothing against the vape design, but I hated the "shk shk shk" of that tiny bit of slop so I came up with a number of ways to stop it.

As usually happens, the first thing I tried worked great and I lost interest in trying anything else.

ub8isXC.jpg

I put two small strips of 3m doublesided window tape on the part where the backplate contacts (though other thin double side tape will probably also work). This is thin enough that the plate is still flush with the body, and doesn't leave any sticky residue. It just provides some extra side to side friction that the plate shifts so slowly you never notice it. Even though I pop the battery out to charge every time, it still looks fresh.

The whole vape feels like it's a solid bar of aluminum now, I love it! Really classes up the experience.
I fully agree with you about the disturbing noise produced by the battery lid and will transmit your concerns immediatly. Thank you for the tips!
Anyone try concentrates yet? Just tried a dab on the bucket and fired it up to 220c...nada. All my wax just melted into the pad, tried multiple slow long drags and I got some slight flavor but no visible vapor, turned it off after about 2m. A bit disappointed and hoping it's me and it comes down to using the right technique.
I exactly got the same experience using the included cup&quartz fritted disc although I think it may work better if you use hemp fibers to soak the wax. and filling the bowl directly without to use the capsule.
Just be mindful that the wrap on 18650 batteries is quite fragile and the leading edges of the wrap can be damaged quite easily by simply inserting/removing the battery. :2c:

Not really a convection thing, I have found with most convection-orientated vapes that the herb sandwich is the best way to go so you can draw some heat through the concentrate rather than just pulling hot air over the top of a cup...that said if you have heaps of concentrate just try melting more into the cup.
Thank you again for helping members, you are the guy!

Have fun! Everybody!

Top Bottom