Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Typos1

"All this" is about me reporting my findings here, Xmax have agreed there may be a fault and they would help. Its not hard to grasp.

I have re-read your reply and it makes no difference, you seem to be peeved that I have reported the issue of a strong plastic taste, the subtext of your post appears to be - "go away there is no problem with this vape".

Typos1,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
"All this" is about me reporting my findings here, Xmax have agreed there may be a fault and they would help. Its not hard to grasp.

I have re-read your reply and it makes no difference, you seem to be peeved that I have reported the issue of a strong plastic taste, the subtext of your post appears to be - "go away there is no problem with this vape".

Our rules are that you get one post to describe a problem, with no further posts unless you are adding information or discussing a resolution. I realize that you are responding to posts from other members, but please do not revisit this issue until Xmax has taken some action.

Everyone else: there is nothing to be gained from prolonging this discussion, please move on.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
PEEK is the material around the bowl isn't it?
Commonly used in this area in many vapes
Yes it is:tup:
New to the site, looking to get my first portable vaporizer. I have a desktop vaporizer with 1 use on it but the wife said to get something smaller and portable to take it out of the house...so I am left with a near new desktop vaporizer I will try to sell on this site once I reach the minimum requirements. Hard to sell vaporizers privately as many sites do not allow vaporizers to be listed...

Anyways, I want a vaporizer that is easy to clean, dosing capsules seem to make the most sense for me in my next vape so that is why I have been researching this xmax v3 pro.

Does the water bubbler do a good job of cooling down the vapor? I have a small bubbler tank with a whip that I could use with whatever portable vape I end up with so unsure if I should spend the money on the bubbler attachment or not.

Enjoyed reading a few pages out of the 101 so I am sure many of what I am asking about is somewhere in the thread so sorry in advance if it has been answered
Thank you for the interest about the Xmax V3Pro, if you already have a tiny bubbler I would recommand you to get the Glass WPA Attachment in order to pair your device with a true bubbler later rather than to end with 2 mini-bubblers. Feel free to contact me by pm for infos, tips&tricks or support, as well you can join the Xmax Fam in our subReddit here: r/XmaxVape Best regards!
I ve let one friend try it and they say they is a funny taste.
The plastic trim sits over the oven and therefore due to the laws of physocs - convection - it will get hot, unless there is insulation underneath it.

Whatever, it tastes plasticky in this vape, I dont know whether its a poor batch, a production fault, but its ruining my example. Would be far better if it was stainless and it wouldnt cost much either.
I understand your disappointment, since it seems there is a "funny taste" like you said, you are welcome to contact your retailer support team or the Topgreen CS ( support@topgreencig.com ) in order to get your defective device replaced.
There isn't any poor batch or production fault but only a few defectives devices weren't identified by our QC team despite we improved a lot the production line in order to avoid as much we can defects to happen and we updated the QC team methods to identify failures.
Like I said before, probably a small plastic chip reached the heater through the air inlets in between the QC team tests (each device is powered on in order to check the device reaches the max T°, so a quick burn-off is already performed) and the device's packaging... or when you opened the package... or something is off set in the device and silicone touches heating wires, it's individual issue at the moment.
Any news of the higher temp version? :D:D Great little device. I wish it would use a 21700 touse it much more without change the battery:rockon:
At the moment we are working on the new Starry's version which will be released first... and soon! About the next V3pro's version I know engineers are already working on it but I don't know on which direction they are working and the new features they are thinking about. I'll keep you updated, thank you for the interest!
"Whatever" just meant "whatever the material is and whatever other vapes use it tastes of plastic", no offence meant, cant really understand why any was taken.

As I have said if I remove the mouthpiece and inhale the strong taste of plastic is there, so the culprit appears to be the surround, I guess it could be coming from whatever is underneath it, but as far as I am aware there is no plastic underneath it.

Generally decent vapes do not have plastic in them, a good example is the Xmax Fog I ve been using for 3.5 yea

There is a very strong taste of plastic from my unit, the manufacturers have been good about it and offered to help (see above) not sure why you are so dismissive when even the manufacturers are not.
Plastic you mention isn't simple plastic but it's designed to stand with the T° used in vaporizers, as well it's out of the vaporpath, vapor doesn't even really touch the silicone or the outer plastic cover mouthpiece.
Like i said in my other reply you are welcome to contact retailer or company support teams (our CS adress is in my other reply to you in this post). Sorry for the inconvenience but you'll get your device replaced by one without any strong plastic taste, sorry again.

Typos1

I understand your disappointment, since it seems there is a "funny taste" like you said, you are welcome to contact your retailer support team or the Topgreen CS ( support@topgreencig.com ) in order to get your defective device replaced.
There isn't any poor batch or production fault but only a few defectives devices weren't identified by our QC team despite we improved a lot the production line in order to avoid as much we can defects to happen and we updated the QC team methods to identify failures.
Like I said before, probably a small plastic chip reached the heater through the air inlets in between the QC team tests (each device is powered on in order to check the device reaches the max T°, so a quick burn-off is already performed) and the device's packaging... or when you opened the package... or something is off set in the device and silicone touches heating wires, it's individual issue at the moment.

Plastic you mention isn't simple plastic but it's designed to stand with the T° used in vaporizers, as well it's out of the vaporpath, vapor doesn't even really touch the silicone or the outer plastic cover mouthpiece.
Like i said in my other reply you are welcome to contact retailer or company support teams (our CS adress is in my other reply to you in this post). Sorry for the inconvenience but you'll get your device replaced by one without any strong plastic taste, sorry again.
Thanks for your reply, I have already contacted my retailer who say that they will send it back to you and that if no fault is found it will be sent back to me.

vapexxx

So I seen a few topics online of the xmax v3 pro chromium issue. Is it safe to vape from the device or is there still caution surrounding it?

vapexxx,

Robert-in-YEG

So I seen a few topics online of the xmax v3 pro chromium issue. Is it safe to vape from the device or is there still caution surrounding it?
Not anything worth worrying about.

Vaping comes with health risk. The concern raised is part of the general risk. It is not isolated specifically to the V3 Pro. It is a health discussion.

Not sure if this is the right place for this discussion.

Robert-in-YEG

vapexxx

Thanks everybody. I had seen the v3 pop up as a really great vape so i got curious into it. It was a few videos and reddit posts where i came across that concern. I wasnt too sure about it so i came here as a newbie andwanted to ask. I have a utilian 722 which is cool but i like the form factor of the v3.

Hey everyone. I recently upgraded from my V3 pro and I decided to take this opportunity and make a teardown on iFixit for the device. Here's a preview image of the internal assembly. I'm still working on improvements for how take better photos and do better write-ups but I know everyone has been pretty curious about what the inside of the device looks like.
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/XMAX+V3+Pro+Teardown/157413

MIpMkDZGN3lJUuOS.huge

Last edited:

Typos1

Thanks for this.

It doesnt bode well for my problem - the entire oven is surrounded in plastic ! No wonder after 50+ burn off cycles I still get the taste of plastic !

Topgreen have reached out to me and will arrange a replacement, but I am not confident it will be any different, sadly - I really want to like this vape but I m not using it until there is no taste of plastic.

I ll post back when I get the replacement . . .

NOLOGO

Hey everyone. I recently upgraded from my V3 pro and I decided to take this opportunity and make a teardown on iFixit for the device. Here's a preview image of the internal assembly. I'm still working on improvements for how take better photos and do better write-ups but I know everyone has been pretty curious about what the inside of the device looks like.
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/XMAX+V3+Pro+Teardown/157413

MIpMkDZGN3lJUuOS.huge
Nice teardown!

What did you upgrade to if you don't mind my asking?

LeftBased

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Hi, I noticed the tear-down post and will be glad to reply to every questions you may have. The chamber's housing isn't made of simple plastic, it's designed to stand with heat and it's here in order to insulate the body by heat, I already asked the exact material name used and will share with you as soon as I get the engineers reply. Let me know if you have others concerns...

bm96

Hi, I noticed the tear-down post and will be glad to reply to every questions you may have. The chamber's housing isn't made of simple plastic, it's designed to stand with heat and it's here in order to insulate the body by heat, I already asked the exact material name used and will share with you as soon as I get the engineers reply. Let me know if you have others concerns...
Any word on that plastic type?

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Hi, we use only PEEK which is a very famous material for heat applications and is used in many others devices, PEEK material is a high-performance semi-crystalline engineering thermoplastic with outstanding harsh chemical resistance, very low moisture uptake, good fire performance, excellent mechanical strength across a broad temperature range, and good dimensional stability.

Typos1

An update on my situation. After 50+ cycles @ 220 Deg C there was still a strong plasticky taste. My seller (MagicVapourisers) and Xmax/Topgreen both communicated with me and I returned the unit for a replacement (great service from both - thanks). After about 15 cycles @ 220 Deg C, the plasticky taste from the replacement finally abated and I am now using it daily. I have only tried the on demand mode once - I really like the idea of it (more like smoking, less all over in 4 - 6 mins like vaping) but I wasnt expecting much due to comments on here. Strangely what I found is that rather than delay the material heating up, it actually seemed to be used up quicker than in a 6 min session. Still I ve only tried it once, I need to try it again.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
An update on my situation. After 50+ cycles @ 220 Deg C there was still a strong plasticky taste. My seller (MagicVapourisers) and Xmax/Topgreen both communicated with me and I returned the unit for a replacement (great service from both - thanks). After about 15 cycles @ 220 Deg C, the plasticky taste from the replacement finally abated and I am now using it daily. I have only tried the on demand mode once - I really like the idea of it (more like smoking, less all over in 4 - 6 mins like vaping) but I wasnt expecting much due to comments on here. Strangely what I found is that rather than delay the material heating up, it actually seemed to be used up quicker than in a 6 min session. Still I ve only tried it once, I need to try it again.
Hi, I'm very glad you got the support you deserve to get and even more since you seems rather happy with replacement device, yes the V3 is a ripper, this is means the tiny load is done pretty fast but it depends how you are hitting the device, the T° selected and the weed resin content, I usually cash a load in 5-10 hits starting at 200°C. Feel free to contact me for tips&trick, infos or support, have fun!
sry, a new color? big deal.
improvements are what we want, at least i do.
We are not ready to release a V3pro improved version, we are actually working on the incoming Starry 4 release (soon...) although I wouldn't expect a V3pro new version before 2024 but I may be wrong... things are prone to change sometime. It's normal to release different colors of the same model, I'm sorry if you was waiting for something else.

What do you want to see improved? I think the vaping performances were improved as much as possible but I'll appreciate to know your thoughts...? Thanks you in advance!

imor jones

Hi, I'm very glad you got the support you deserve to get and even more since you seems rather happy with replacement device, yes the V3 is a ripper, this is means the tiny load is done pretty fast but it depends how you are hitting the device, the T° selected and the weed resin content, I usually cash a load in 5-10 hits starting at 200°C. Feel free to contact me for tips&trick, infos or support, have fun!

We are not ready to release a V3pro improved version, we are actually working on the incoming Starry 4 release (soon...) although I wouldn't expect a V3pro new version before 2024 but I may be wrong... things are prone to change sometime. It's normal to release different colors of the same model, I'm sorry if you was waiting for something else.

What do you want to see improved? I think the vaping performances were improved as much as possible but I'll appreciate to know your thoughts...? Thanks you in advance!
Maybe i should have send in my one as well. The plastic taste never went away from mine. So i never liked it....i liked the vapor production ...

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Maybe i should have send in my one as well. The plastic taste never went away from mine. So i never liked it....i liked the vapor production ...
How old is your device? We can still replace it maybe...
@XMAXVAPORIZER Since you say until 2024 there will be no new version of the v3pro, I propose to use a 21700 battery in the future :D they have more capacity and are more stable in high wattage
Thank you for the suggestion, I'll transmit to the team but it's definitively a good idea!

Top Bottom