Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Well I talked a lot of crap on the V3 pro I absolutely hated this device when I bought one of the first ones. I was out of warranty and the company decided to replace my device. It took a few weeks through the mail to get the new one I did a couple of burn offs smell like major robo farts. I did notice there were some changes compared to my first device mainly looks like the inside chamber screen has changed and then they put one on top of it where my OG one just has a chamber little bigger holes.

Anyways I fired it up and without a doubt my OG-1 was 100% defective. Surprisingly enough this V3 pro rips, I was very very surprised it's actually really comparable to my ROFFU. The draw is way way tighter than my OG V3 pro that one was way too free flowingI had to cover holes. This one seems perfect right out the bat. I was ripping some major clouds which my old one could never come even close to this.

I will have to say for the price point I give it a true thumbs up think it's a very solid piece after trying this replacement.

Just wanted to come on here and let others know and to say thank you X-Max for swapping out my device even though you didn't have to because of it being out of warranty. 🤙
We are so glad you are happy, but it's not easy to offer a device everybody will approve, it appears some guys prefered the initial version with a less agressive tuned heater (like you said ) cause it was more tasty&conservative with flowers, with the updates the V3Pro is a lot more faster to deplete a load, produces bigger clouds but taste doesn't last long... although since the minimal load size (mine is in-between 0.05 and 0.08gr in average) you can consider you can get 3 or 4 bowls per one 0.2gr bowl (the most usual load size) so 3 or 4 times more of the lovely starting taste you get for the 2 first hits, this is to consider... ;)
I wonder if these changes have been made recently
Mine always performed well and produced clouds
But I have the very open airflow and find blocking the bottom 2 rows of holes helped

If mine works as good as it does now, I wonder if a new one would have any changes and impress me more ....
Yes, the changes was made progressively, although you can consider all the devices made since the Silver colour release to be stronger (first silver included), so, finally, there was only the initial first black colour batch to get the less hot heater&large airflow (that version doesn't seems available anymore)... although, like I said, some peoples prefer the first version despite the majority enjoy better the updated version. First version was quasi 100% convection and the now updated version get more conduction involved, but convection is still primarly used.

Best regards to everybody!

felvapes

We are so glad you are happy, but it's not easy to offer a device everybody will approve, it appears some guys prefered the initial version with a less agressive tuned heater (like you said ) cause it was more tasty&conservative with flowers, with the updates the V3Pro is a lot more faster to deplete a load, produces bigger clouds but taste doesn't last long... although since the minimal load size (mine is in-between 0.05 and 0.08gr in average) you can consider you can get 3 or 4 bowls per one 0.2gr bowl (the most usual load size) so 3 or 4 times more of the lovely starting taste you get for the 2 first hits, this is to consider... ;)

Yes, the changes was made progressively, although you can consider all the devices made since the Silver colour release to be stronger (first silver included), so, finally, there was only the initial first black colour batch to get the less hot heater&large airflow (that version doesn't seems available anymore)... although, like I said, some peoples prefer the first version despite the majority enjoy better the updated version. First version was quasi 100% convection and the now updated version get more conduction involved, but convection is still primarly used.

Best regards to everybody!
I have a purple ish one
So I would have the stronger heater already is that right?

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Yes, I don't think we updated the heater settings since, although we add a bottom chamber screen to every kit now, in order to prevent small bits to fall through the screen.

I was looking at your OMD videos, very nice grinder for sure and price is on point considering the features, many peoples with arthritis in hands will appreciate the effort-less design I believe (sorry to be out of topic ;) )

felvapes

Yes, I don't think we updated the heater settings since, although we add a bottom chamber screen to every kit now, in order to prevent small bits to fall through the screen.

I was looking at your OMD videos, very nice grinder for sure and price is on point considering the features, many peoples with arthritis in hands will appreciate the effort-less design I believe (sorry to be out of topic ;) )
I added a mesh screen to the oven floor myself before I used caps
But I use the caps mostly which helps keeping things clean

Yes I have been enjoying the OMD a lot while testing
Very fast and easy grind function
Glad you like the videos 🙂

I intend to make a video for the qomo and v3pro in the future too

Pukka

Now I am worried if I buy a black V3 Pro it will be the less desirable version before it was upgraded.
IIRC it was rumored either here or reddit that the device was "updated" with the release of the Emerald green model. I'd guess that since the internals are the same for all the colours it's just a matter of time (3 months?) until all colours are revised.

twain55

IIRC it was rumored either here or reddit that the device was "updated" with the release of the Emerald green model. I'd guess that since the internals are the same for all the colours it's just a matter of time (3 months?) until all colours are revised.
I meant that it could be old stock. No way for me to know.

twain55,

chatarracrow

Hi. New here. Sort of. I used to be on the forum years ago. I have a zion (#91) and a retired FW3 as my last vapes used. Things are much different now, looking at my new vape.
I just got the POTV Xmax 3 pro and from what little I was able to use it, I was impressed. I have to make a pickup for something to vape tho.
I had most of a bowl left from my zion which was cooked clean with some great hits. I didn't think it was too restricted or free flowing, but I got the bubbler and it worked great.
I didn't get good results with the dosing capsule and I also had the same problem of it pushing the cover out. I also didn't get good hits from it. Personally, it's so easy to change a bowl, that I don't see me needing the capsule. The vape cooks everything to the point where there's no reason to save anything, so I just dumped my bowl out. This is the first time I've ever been able to do that.
So far this has been the best portable vaporizer I've used. My only issues seem to be from the learning curve, but I ran out almost immediately. At least I got to try it.
Looking forward to trying it more when I restock.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
🙂

I intend to make a video for the qomo and v3pro in the future too
Thank you, I can't wait to watch it!
Now I am worried if I buy a black V3 Pro it will be the less desirable version before it was upgraded.
I said the first batch to be not anymore available, as well a few little changes will probe you the device isn't from the old batch, in example
battery terminals are different since the first batch, you may be able to find pictures of the old terminals in the first pages of this thread, as well the battery lid comes with tape on the magnet's side to secure them, wax pod was slightly improved by lowering the slits on the pod's wall, a pair of mesh screen was added to the package in order to be on the top of the fixed bottom chamber screen and I probably forgot others details you can check just by looking at the picture. And you can notice many posts of happy black v3pro owners here or in Reddit. And you can still ask to your retailer, no reasons to be worry though!
In fact we progressively upgraded the device since release, every batch have seen a little change though I want to correct your claim, heater update happened by the first silver device release by the end of october/beginning of november 2021 (which is the main one peoples are looking for, isn't it?), we are continuously improving devices based on customer's feedback, it's how we are working since our first device released in 2012.
I meant that it could be old stock. No way for me to know.
No worries, the only one batch to offer slightly less powerfull heater and unrestricted airflow was the initial first batch, by november 2021 all devices made have the updated heater and small restriction in order to fasten vapor production. We already sold so many devices you don't have to be afraid, all 1st batch devices were sold or sent back to the factory in order to get them updated. In the reply before I mention a few details which can probe you your device is a updated one. If it happens you think your device isn't updated (I don't think this is can happen but, who knows?) be assured we will replace it by a updated one!
Hi. New here. Sort of. I used to be on the forum years ago. I have a zion (#91) and a retired FW3 as my last vapes used. Things are much different now, looking at my new vape.
I just got the POTV Xmax 3 pro and from what little I was able to use it, I was impressed. I have to make a pickup for something to vape tho.
I had most of a bowl left from my zion which was cooked clean with some great hits. I didn't think it was too restricted or free flowing, but I got the bubbler and it worked great.
I didn't get good results with the dosing capsule and I also had the same problem of it pushing the cover out. I also didn't get good hits from it. Personally, it's so easy to change a bowl, that I don't see me needing the capsule. The vape cooks everything to the point where there's no reason to save anything, so I just dumped my bowl out. This is the first time I've ever been able to do that.
So far this has been the best portable vaporizer I've used. My only issues seem to be from the learning curve, but I ran out almost immediately. At least I got to try it.
Looking forward to trying it more when I restock.
Wow, what's a nice feedback! I'm very glad the Xmax V3pro fits your usage style, I represent here and in Reddit (r/XmaxVape and others vaporizers related subReddits) the Topgreen Company and the Xmax brand. Feel free to contact me for infos, tips&tricks or support. Enjoy your new vaporizer, have fun!

Typos1

Hello. I ve been using an Xmax Fog for the last 3.5 years. Pretty happy with it, but saw the Fog Pro and thought about upgrading, when reading reviews I came across the V3Pro, which seemed to have all the extra features of the Fog Pro (apart from the larger battery) but was lighter, had a form factor I preferred and came with on demand. I read lots of good reviews so bought one. Sadly, even though I ve had it 10 days I cant use it yet. As soon as it came I put it on 220 deg C (empty) and ran it for one cycle, it tasted strongly of plastic. I ran it 4 more times @220, still it tastes of plastic. I contacted the seller, they suggested cleaning it and running it through some cycles. I used isopropyl alchol and ran it after, still tastes of plastic. I tried 3 more times cleaning it and running it @220. There is STILL the strong taste of plastic. So far I have run this thing for 4 full battery charges at @220 (thats 32 times if we take it as 8 sessions per charge) and it STILL tastes of plastic. If I remove the mouthpiece and inhale from the device I can taste plastic so I m convinced that its coming from the plastic piece on top of the oven. But wherever its coming from its not acceptable - I m not inhaling plastic, Anyone got any suggestions ? Cos all I can think of is to send it back and get the Fog Pro, no plastic in that. So disappointed, was looking forward to using it.

Last edited:

Pukka

Hello. I ve been using an Xmax Fog for the last 3.5 years. Pretty happy with it, but saw the Fog Pro and thought about upgrading, when reading reviews I came across the V3Pro, which seemed to have all the extra features of the Fog Pro (apart from the larger battery) but was lighter and had a form factor I preferred. I read lots of good reviews so bought one. Sadly, even though I ve had it 10 days I cant use it yet. As soon as it came I put it on 220 deg C (empty) and ran it for one cycle, it tasted strongly of plastic. I ran it 4 more times @220, still it tastes of plastic. I contacted the seller, they suggested cleaning it and running it through some cycles. I used isopropyl alchol and ran it after, still tastes of plastic. I tried 3 more times cleaning it and running it @220. There is STILL the strong taste of plastic. So far I have run this thing for 4 full battery charges at @220 (thats 32 times if we take it as 8 sessions per charge) and it STILL tastes of plastic. If I remove the mouthpiece and inhale from the device I can taste plastic so I m convinced that its coming from the plastic piece on top of the oven. But wherever its coming from its not acceptable - I m not inhaling plastic, Anyone got any suggestions ? Cos all I can think of is to send it back and get the Fog Pro, no plastic in that. So disappointed, was looking forward to using it.
Ouch! You might be one of the folks who're sensitive to one of the plastics/silicones used in the device. I have 3 v3 Pro's, bought at various times over the last ~year and have nothing but a slight electronics/plastics/robot fart smell.

Here's what I do: wash anything metal or glass with 99% ISO and rinse with the hottest water you can stand. Everything else gets a bath in Dr. Bonners Peppermint soap (aka "Jesus Guy Eatable Organic soap") and room temp water and rinse with the hottest water you can stand. I use Dr Bonners because it works and any scent left is minty fresh.

It's possible the silicone piece in the mouthpiece (where the screen can fits) might be undercured. IIRC you can low temp bake just the silicone piece in an oven but you should research further since, if I remember correctly, I've been stoned since Dave was home ...

In fact we progressively upgraded the device since release, every batch have seen a little change though I want to correct your claim, heater update happened by the first silver device release by the end of october/beginning of november 2021 (which is the main one peoples are looking for, isn't it?), we are continuously improving devices based on customer's feedback, it's how we are working since our first device released in 2012.
I kinda figured it was an ongoing process to take tech and feedback into account. Like I said above, I'm an old hippie stoner who smoked a bong with Aqualung and kinda forgets a bit ...

Typos1

Thanks for your reply. I used 99% ISO alcohol. Like I say its deffo not the silicone, its the plastic trim surrounding the oven. I ve been told to vape ginger by the retailer. But, peppermint soap, ginger, whatever, these will simply hide the plastic smell, they wont make it go away, so any damage caused to the body by inhaling plastic will still happen.

thx1138

Hello. I ve been using an Xmax Fog for the last 3.5 years. Pretty happy with it, but saw the Fog Pro and thought about upgrading, when reading reviews I came across the V3Pro, which seemed to have all the extra features of the Fog Pro (apart from the larger battery) but was lighter, had a form factor I preferred and came with on demand. I read lots of good reviews so bought one. Sadly, even though I ve had it 10 days I cant use it yet. As soon as it came I put it on 220 deg C (empty) and ran it for one cycle, it tasted strongly of plastic. I ran it 4 more times @220, still it tastes of plastic. I contacted the seller, they suggested cleaning it and running it through some cycles. I used isopropyl alchol and ran it after, still tastes of plastic. I tried 3 more times cleaning it and running it @220. There is STILL the strong taste of plastic. So far I have run this thing for 4 full battery charges at @220 (thats 32 times if we take it as 8 sessions per charge) and it STILL tastes of plastic. If I remove the mouthpiece and inhale from the device I can taste plastic so I m convinced that its coming from the plastic piece on top of the oven. But wherever its coming from its not acceptable - I m not inhaling plastic, Anyone got any suggestions ? Cos all I can think of is to send it back and get the Fog Pro, no plastic in that. So disappointed, was looking forward to using it.
sounds like you did everything with the device that a user should be expected to do, if it was me I would look to return it as I have not read or otherwise come across any experiences that resemble yours - now you have me looking at the Fog Pro too, as I am hyper sensitive to plastic and I'd be pretty upset if I went through what you did - good luck and here's hoping for a successful outcome :)

Typos1

Yes thats what I was going to do, but I cant believe that all these people on here havent experienced the same taste, so I wonder if its not a manufacturing fault or they changed the material recently or something. It looks like plastic around the top of the Fog Pro too, tho it deffo isnt on the original. The manufacturers are on holiday at mo (Chinese new year) my retailer says they will speak to them when they are back.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer

Thanks for your reply. I used 99% ISO alcohol. Like I say its deffo not the silicone, its the plastic trim surrounding the oven. I ve been told to vape ginger by the retailer. But, peppermint soap, ginger, whatever, these will simply hide the plastic smell, they wont make it go away, so any damage caused to the body by inhaling plastic will still happen.

Yes thats what I was going to do, but I cant believe that all these people on here havent experienced the same taste, so I wonder if its not a manufacturing fault or they changed the material recently or something. It looks like plastic around the top of the Fog Pro too, tho it deffo isnt on the original. The manufacturers are on holiday at mo (Chinese new year) my retailer says they will speak to them when they are back.
Hi, @Typos1 since you tried cleaning&burn-offs without any sort of improvement it may happen you got a faulty device. Like I said recently we take a lot of cares to cure silicone properly before to install in a new device and we are usually releasing devices with quasi no bad "factory" taste. Heater doesn't release bad fumes on its own, although if plastic particles comes in contact with heating wire it will release such fumes.

Your device is probably faulty but, in order to be sure it's not coming from your ultra sensitive smell&taste, could you ask to one of your friend his opinion.
To get the support you deserve to get I recommand you to contact first your retailer support team, if it appears they don't help you, I will provide you the Topgreen/Xmax direct support team email adress.
Sorry for the inconvenience, let me know if something is going wrong with support team, best regards.

Typos1

Thanks for your response, I will give it to some friends to try, but as I have said - it is NOT the silicone that is causing the smell, it is the plastic surrounding the oven, I know this because if I remove the mouthpiece and inhale from the device I can taste plastic.

I have already contacted my seller who say that they will contact you when you are back from Chinese New Year holiday.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Thanks for your response, I will give it to some friends to try, but as I have said - it is NOT the silicone that is causing the smell, it is the plastic surrounding the oven, I know this because if I remove the mouthpiece and inhale from the device I can taste plastic.

I have already contacted my seller who say that they will contact you when you are back from Chinese New Year holiday.
The part surrounding the chamber isn't simple plastic, I don't remenber the material name at the moment but it was mentionned previously in this thread. As well this part being far of the heating element it's impossible to be overheated (remenber it's a convection device and there is no heater wrapped around the chamber, heater consist in kanthal wire below the chamber (it's not in direct contact).

Although, with the "silicone still curing" issue, you might get the taste/smell to fade away with time... but it doesn't seems to be the case with your device, isn't it? Based on the persistent strong "plastic" smell I suppose your device to be faulty.

Thank you for your patience, we will take care of you. I hope the factory will get back in a 100% operationnal status, the holidays lasted longer usually but I think, cause all the covid lock-downs and sick employees, the situation has slowed down the production... Although we have a new release to prepare, hope everybody will come back from holidays in their best shape!

felvapes

The part surrounding the chamber isn't simple plastic, I don't remenber the material name at the moment but it was mentionned previously in this thread. As well this part being far of the heating element it's impossible to be overheated (remenber it's a convection device and there is no heater wrapped around the chamber, heater consist in kanthal wire below the chamber (it's not in direct contact).

Although, with the "silicone still curing" issue, you might get the taste/smell to fade away with time... but it doesn't seems to be the case with your device, isn't it? Based on the persistent strong "plastic" smell I suppose your device to be faulty.

Thank you for your patience, we will take care of you. I hope the factory will get back in a 100% operationnal status, the holidays lasted longer usually but I think, cause all the covid lock-downs and sick employees, the situation has slowed down the production... Although we have a new release to prepare, hope everybody will come back from holidays in their best shape!
PEEK is the material around the bowl isn't it?
Commonly used in this area in many vapes

ChronPain86

New to the site, looking to get my first portable vaporizer. I have a desktop vaporizer with 1 use on it but the wife said to get something smaller and portable to take it out of the house...so I am left with a near new desktop vaporizer I will try to sell on this site once I reach the minimum requirements. Hard to sell vaporizers privately as many sites do not allow vaporizers to be listed...

Anyways, I want a vaporizer that is easy to clean, dosing capsules seem to make the most sense for me in my next vape so that is why I have been researching this xmax v3 pro.

Does the water bubbler do a good job of cooling down the vapor? I have a small bubbler tank with a whip that I could use with whatever portable vape I end up with so unsure if I should spend the money on the bubbler attachment or not.

Enjoyed reading a few pages out of the 101 so I am sure many of what I am asking about is somewhere in the thread so sorry in advance if it has been answered

Typos1

I ve let one friend try it and they say they is a funny taste.
The plastic trim sits over the oven and therefore due to the laws of physocs - convection - it will get hot, unless there is insulation underneath it.
PEEK is the material around the bowl isn't it?
Commonly used in this area in many vapes
Whatever, it tastes plasticky in this vape, I dont know whether its a poor batch, a production fault, but its ruining my example. Would be far better if it was stainless and it wouldnt cost much either.

Typos1,
  • Sad
Reactions: XpeeN

felvapes

I ve let one friend try it and they say they is a funny taste.
The plastic trim sits over the oven and therefore due to the laws of physocs - convection - it will get hot, unless there is insulation underneath it.

Whatever, it tastes plasticky in this vape, I dont know whether its a poor batch, a production fault, but its ruining my example. Would be far better if it was stainless and it wouldnt cost much either.
Not sure why the "whatever" to me mate

I was just giving info
PEEK is used in many vapes - and it isn't what you are tasting I wouldn't think as it's temp tolerance is higher than we vape at
SS would get too hot and cause other issues
There are reasons certain materials are used in certain areas

No one denies you may have a faulty unit - look to get a replacement
But the peek is not what you are tasting I think, it is another part/issue

Check with your seller and ask for a replacement
Hopefully you get a working unit soon

Last edited:

XpeeN

You do realize that if something was wrong with the design itself, it would've been called out here (or by reviewers) already and become a known issue. Right? The silicon that hold's the Ruffo's bowls is a good example.

Anyway, can confirm that mind doesn't taste plasticy at all.

Typos1

Not sure why the "whatever" to me mate

I was just giving info
PEEK is used in many vapes - and it isn't what you are tasting I wouldn't think as it's temp tolerance is higher than we vape at
SS would get too hot and cause other issues
There are reasons certain materials are used in certain areas

No one denies you may have a faulty unit - look to get a replacement
But the peek is not what you are tasting I think, it is another part/issue

Check with your seller and ask for a replacement
Hopefully you get a working unit soon
"Whatever" just meant "whatever the material is and whatever other vapes use it tastes of plastic", no offence meant, cant really understand why any was taken.

As I have said if I remove the mouthpiece and inhale the strong taste of plastic is there, so the culprit appears to be the surround, I guess it could be coming from whatever is underneath it, but as far as I am aware there is no plastic underneath it.

Generally decent vapes do not have plastic in them, a good example is the Xmax Fog I ve been using for 3.5 years.
You do realize that if something was wrong with the design itself, it would've been called out here (or by reviewers) already and become a known issue. Right? The silicon that hold's the Ruffo's bowls is a good example.

Anyway, can confirm that mind doesn't taste plasticy at all.
Ok so I m imagining it and so is my friend ? And I should not sully this thread with my experience just cos it is not what others have experienced ??

I have read the thread and many reviews I only saw one person mention a taste of plastic (not on here), but mine tastes of plastic.

There is a very strong taste of plastic from my unit, the manufacturers have been good about it and offered to help (see above) not sure why you are so dismissive when even the manufacturers are not.

Typos1,

XpeeN

Ok so I m imagining it and so is my friend ? And I should not sully this thread with my experience just cos it is not what others have experienced ??

I have read the thread and many reviews I only saw one person mention a taste of plastic (not on here), but mine tastes of plastic.

There is a very strong taste of plastic from my unit, the manufacturers have been good about it and offered to help (see above) not sure why you are so dismissive when even the manufacturers are not.
I didn't say that. Read my comment again carefully. Of course it might be a defect in your unit, but @XMAXVAPORIZER already told you that they'll help you, so I don't get what this all about.

Top Bottom