Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Sativapo

V3 pro + ptglass! nice combo. Using glass as chamber and making it more convection. You can do this with a DV tip but ptglass tips works better
Does it cook the load better ? Because I like the V3 but I'm missing 15-20 C⁰ for my taste to be satisfied before dumping a load . I cook it further with all my other go to vapes... maybe mine and the one I bought for my partner are of a weak batch... the 2/3 first temp steps of my routine are very tasty for this kind of vape though.

kokolokokolokon

Does it cook the load better ? Because I like the V3 but I'm missing 15-20 C⁰ for my taste to be satisfied before dumping a load . I cook it further with all my other go to vapes... maybe mine and the one I bought for my partner are of a weak batch... the 2/3 first temp steps of my routine are very tasty for this kind of vape though.
It cooks well but i will do a good session this night to the if i can get an almost black ABV with it. (I can get it with the normal mouthpiece and without capsule, but i dont use to need to get that level of dark abv when i vape)

kokolokokolokon,
Reactions: Sativapo

kokolokokolokon

Black ? So youre defeating the whole point of vaping and moving into the realms of combustion then ?
ALMOST black, not black :D and i dont use to go for that color on my abv, just dark bown, but i like to know the limits of a vape

The ABV is not as dark as in the native method. It is more similar to how the ABV looks with capsules giving a few puffs less.
However, it improves the flavor, gives me the possibility of using less material (and its like i get higher).
To make the ABV darker using this same amount you can use the technique I mentioned here a long time ago: fill 1/5 of the chamber, put an empty capsule without the on top of the grass and then put the mouthpiece

Sativapo

ALMOST black, not black
To make the ABV darker using this same amount you can use the technique I mentioned here a long time ago: fill 1/5 of the chamber, put an empty capsule without the on top of the grass and then put the mouthpiece
You put the capsule without the cap on it or just the cap?

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer

V3 pro + ptglass! nice combo. Using glass as chamber and making it more convection. You can do this with a DV tip but ptglass tips works better
It's something pretty interesting, is the glass chamber walls thinner than the One/Fenix mini glass wpa? I found the One wpa tends to create a tunnel effect and overheat the center of the load, I think it's cause the less wide chamber.
I think you may be able to get it more dark trying to take longer hit restricting your draw speed. trying to keep the load loose helps to get it fully browned, air stream turbulences can't reach the entire load when it's too tightly packed down, at least this is how works the V3Pro... but not necessarily all the convection based devices!
Black ? So youre defeating the whole point of vaping and moving into the realms of combustion then ?
No... no, black abv doesn't means combustion happened, ashes means combustions. But you are true, the purpose of vaping is to avoid to get byproducts released, when abv comes out blackened (very dark brown) this is means some of these byproducts were released in vapor, at least this is my understanding of the abv's color matter... based on my experience with devices (bad things like headaches, throat issues, excessive coughing happens only when I try to push the abv too dark, near black).
And, to be honnest, the few extra hits you get trying to extract everything from the load aren't really worth it and, pushing your extraction rate until slightly dark brown is enough, probably rest a few cannabinoids but not really worth it except, maybe, for edibles.
Nice hack ! it helped me microdose to dark brown a feature I was missing on this device
Yep, microdosing is the best feature of the V3Pro, I found it works pretty well by just throwing a pinch or two in the chamber (without anything else) and I haven't issue to bring it at the color's point I like... although I take severals hits (4 to 6) to get the load done, maybe the @kokolokokolokon trick is for one hit extraction...?

Glad to see some talks about the V3Pro, the more I use mines the more I appreciate this device! So easy and fast to throw in a dosing caps or a pinch directly in the chamber, fast heat-up, rip it, dump and reload. That's a breeze to use!

Phytotherapy

I dropped my V3 Pro during a walk and it fell on the pavement leaving a small bump on one of the corners of the main body where the mouthpiece connects. I need to push the mouthpiece a little more firmly to connect well, but that's no issue.
However, when checking whether functionality has been affected, I noticed a slightly strange (non-herbal) smell (without fumes) developing as heating up, but disappearing quickly after having reached the desired temperature (200-210 °C). I have no idea whether this was the case before I dropped it, as i never before inspected the device so thoroughly and extensively by nose while heating up ;)
Anyone else having this issue? Should I worry about further use?

kokolokokolokon

It's something pretty interesting, is the glass chamber walls thinner than the One/Fenix mini glass wpa? I found the One wpa tends to create a tunnel effect and overheat the center of the load, I think it's cause the less wide chamber.
I think it is similar. The abv is more even in the center of the load, but the amount of material is tiny, so there is no problem.
I tried it qith a dynavap chamber but doesnt work the same (and it doesnt give the same flavor)

An the empty is for 2 hit extraction (or one good hit and 2 little hits). I know it works without the trick, but it is not the same. If you want to get big clouds you need to pack it a little tight! 🦄🍐

I thought about some kind of mesh capsule (withouth cap) to use on the mouthpiece to reduce the chamber while the basket keeps the load firm

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I dropped my V3 Pro during a walk and it fell on the pavement leaving a small bump on one of the corners of the main body where the mouthpiece connects. I need to push the mouthpiece a little more firmly to connect well, but that's no issue.
However, when checking whether functionality has been affected, I noticed a slightly strange (non-herbal) smell (without fumes) developing as heating up, but disappearing quickly after having reached the desired temperature (200-210 °C). I have no idea whether this was the case before I dropped it, as i never before inspected the device so thoroughly and extensively by nose while heating up ;)
Anyone else having this issue? Should I worry about further use?
Hi, I'm glad your V3Pro survived the fall, I dropped mines a few times too and they survived too with only small bumps. I suppose the bad taste you noticed once is coming from some dust, the dust probably reached heating wires while you dropped the device. The dust burnt when you powered on the vape and you are now good to go, no worries!
I think it is similar. The abv is more even in the center of the load, but the amount of material is tiny, so there is no problem.
I tried it qith a dynavap chamber but doesnt work the same (and it doesnt give the same flavor)

An the empty is for 2 hit extraction (or one good hit and 2 little hits). I know it works without the trick, but it is not the same. If you want to get big clouds you need to pack it a little tight! 🦄🍐

I thought about some kind of mesh capsule (withouth cap) to use on the mouthpiece to reduce the chamber while the basket keeps the load firm
I'll give it a test right after this post! Though, can I assume this is work only for micro-dosing? Or do you think this is can work with half load? Testing, testing...

Edit: Did some testing and I followed your explanations... even tightly compressed this is a very, very small amount of weed. I noticed the first hit beginning to be, effectively, thicker although vapor density dropped at mid-hit and the draw was very tight but I probably packed the load too tight... so after a couple of pull with very low vapor production I removed the capsule and loosen the load with a toothpick, immediatly I had more vapor, an easier draw and better taste too (probably my dosing caps wasn't very clean though...)... I'm not convinced but I probably did a few mistakes (too tight and I'll try with another dosing caps which allow to load a liitle more), testing is continuing... ;)

Last edited:

kokolokokolokon

Edit: Did some testing and I followed your explanations... even tightly compressed this is a very, very small amount of weed. I noticed the first hit beginning to be, effectively, thicker although vapor density dropped at mid-hit and the draw was very tight but I probably packed the load too tight... so after a couple of pull with very low vapor production I removed the capsule and loosen the load with a toothpick, immediatly I had more vapor, an easier draw and better taste too (probably my dosing caps wasn't very clean though...)... I'm not convinced but I probably did a few mistakes (too tight and I'll try with another dosing caps which allow to load a liitle more), testing is continuing... ;)
nice! Both options are for micro dosing!

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
nice! Both options are for micro dosing!
Yeah, I gave another try to your technic using a mesh based dosing caps bottom part only, this dosing caps was designed for another vape and allow to load the same amount without to have to compress it like I did before.... the experience was better but I still prefer the loose technic cause I found the clouds to be smoother!

And, to be honnest, I always prefer when things are simple, I did a ton of tricks before, but, getting older (just a little...), I dig simplicity now!

OrionStar

@XMAXVAPORIZER

My V3 Pro is less than 4 months old. I have about 6 (4-minute) sessions a month and I'm starting to get the "Sensor Error" message than unit shuts down. I try again and it works normally.

Are you able to share with us everything you know about what causes the "Sensor Error" message, and how to hopefully prevent it ? - Thanks!

seedy53

@XMAXVAPORIZER

My V3 Pro is less than 4 months old. I have about 6 (4-minute) sessions a month and I'm starting to get the "Sensor Error" message than unit shuts down. I try again and it works normally.

Are you able to share with us everything you know about what causes the "Sensor Error" message, and how to hopefully prevent it ? - Thanks!
remove the battery and put it back in, it has don't this before some users say.
a lose battery connection or swap batteries esp if you have dropped it

ozbrit

Grass Yes said: Lots of people like black duff. It's not to my taste, but it is not combustion. That leaves behind ash.
Because you don't get ash it doesn't mean that a product when sufficiently heated doesn't get scorched and give off smoke type fumes. A good example of what I'm saying is charcoal, it's wood which has been super heated but not allowed to ignite, it gives off toxic fumes the same as fire, but there's no ash, just black wood.

Last edited:
ozbrit,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Because you don't get ash it doesn't mean that a product when sufficiently heated doesn't get scorched and give off smoke type fumes. A good example of what I'm saying is charcoal, it's wood which has been super heated but not allowed to ignite, it gives off toxic fumes the same as fire, but there's no ash, just black wood.
Your quoting is wild, just FYI. But are you claiming that the inside of a vape is a low oxygen environment? At any rate, charcoal is literally incomplete combustion.

But I'm not sure what your point is? Charcoal burning as a process is toxic? How is this relevant to vapes and specifically this discussion?

ozbrit

Lots of people like black duff. It's not to my taste, but it is not combustion. That leaves behind ash.
Your quoting is wild, just FYI. But are you claiming that the inside of a vape is a low oxygen environment? At any rate, charcoal is literally incomplete combustion.

But I'm not sure what your point is? Charcoal burning as a process is toxic? How is this relevant to vapes and specifically this discussion?
I'm merely responding to the suggestion that no ash is evidence the combustion process hasn't commenced. I fully understand that technically vapes shouldn't combust, however I don't believe that these devices are certified by a health or regulatory authority to a standard either.

Last edited:
ozbrit,
Top Bottom