Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

DarkSm0ke

Man that sucks that some new tops are cracking.
For what it's worth, I tested mine at extreme levels and haven't had any issues.

I'll definitely keep testing now, though.

EDIT: Just checked, mine is cracked too. It was even cracked a couple of days ago and shows up in a video I recently shot. I just didn't notice because performance hasn't been affected (yet).
That is disappointing.

Shit shit shit! I better take a very close look at my new cap. Did not have any problems with my old caps. looks like I might have to do the Crafty mod after all. Maybe the CU has to have a space between the CU and the body for more effective cooling like the Crafty has:shrug:

DarkSm0ke,
Reactions: mash

mash

24RGKqU.jpg

It didn't take long and now it's hitting like a beast. Must have been leaking air with the cracks.

Thanks to FC community I'm keeping this thing running.. thanks guys & girls

That looks great :)

HengefulOne

For a second before completion I was bummed I went the Craftynate route (thinking the replacement would be superior) though gotta say it absolutely rocks. Airtight and looks awesome not to mention super easy to do. For anyone looking into it here is my source.
Bought a 3 pack, came out to 13$ each shipped

Used a 10% off coupon, TVG10

https://vape-smart.com/shop/crafty-cooling-unit/?attribute_cooling-unit-kit=3+Pack

Vambo1980

My new CU looks fine. After I use the unit I turn it off and keep hitting it until no more vapor is produced, then I take the CU off of the body. I have been doing 5 minute sessions @380 degrees, so far so good.

Hope you have a good one and it stays that way.. do you manage to get the full 5 mins out a bowl? I always find that I'm out of vapour by the time it's finished. I'm so used to the session size and time with a crafty I often yearn for another bowl to get me to the same point I'm so used too.

I've had 3 bowls now with crafty cu and the experience is much better than with original cu. Cooler slightly and feels like I'm getting a more satisfying draw. So far so good!

Vivant have been in touch offering me another CU but I've said until the issues are sorted I'll wait it out now I've got it working spot on with the crafty cu.

Chocu1a

So glad I returned mine for a refund after 2 melted topcaps and a cracked housing. Makes me sad to see this, as it had lots of potential. Hope it gets sorted, but sounds like more headaches than its worth.

slang

So glad I returned mine for a refund after 2 melted topcaps and a cracked housing. Makes me sad to see this, as it had lots of potential. Hope it gets sorted, but sounds like more headaches than its worth.

I was told a refund was not an option by Vivant? I'm stuck with 2 units here and 6 topcaps...

slang,

DarkSm0ke

Hope you have a good one and it stays that way.. do you manage to get the full 5 mins out a bowl? I always find that I'm out of vapour by the time it's finished. I'm so used to the session size and time with a crafty I often yearn for another bowl to get me to the same point I'm so used too.

I've had 3 bowls now with crafty cu and the experience is much better than with original cu. Cooler slightly and feels like I'm getting a more satisfying draw. So far so good!

Vivant have been in touch offering me another CU but I've said until the issues are sorted I'll wait it out now I've got it working spot on with the crafty cu.

I actually noticed that I have been using the alternate at 395 degrees instead of 380 as I previously noted. I usually kill a bowl in about three and a half minutes, turn it off and keep hitting for another minute or so until there is no more vapor. I think I read here that a couple of people had some issues getting vapor. That happened to me on Sunday but it was my fault as the mouth stem was not completely pulled forward. I guess by hitting it I must have pushed it back a bit, so if you are having vapor production issues I would check that. Once pulled forward it worked like a beast.

ohmygodimsohigh

I'm not a materials expert by any means...
Metal expands when heated.
I'm not sure about PAES, but google tells me that plastics tend to shrink when heated.

Expanding metal ring inside of a shrinking plastic housing? Hmmm

My cracked unit still works, with a little leaking... but I'm going to go ahead and order some Crafty cooling units to mod...

slang

For a second before completion I was bummed I went the Craftynate route (thinking the replacement would be superior) though gotta say it absolutely rocks. Airtight and looks awesome not to mention super easy to do. For anyone looking into it here is my source.
Bought a 3 pack, came out to 13$ each shipped

Used a 10% off coupon, TVG10

https://vape-smart.com/shop/crafty-cooling-unit/?attribute_cooling-unit-kit=3+Pack

Thanks for the link @HengefulOne ...just placed my order for (3) Crafty topcaps. Using the coupon I was able to get the Crafty Screen Set for almost free. bonus.

It was hard to resist buying the Solo 2 while I was there. They had it in stock and with the 10% coupon - $225.00 - very tempting.

Baked-not-fried

riding the Cannabreak train...
Man, that's a bummer to see those new caps breaking apart. I unfortunately haven't gotten my replacement from PIU, surely due to them not having them yet? Anyway, got with Gwen and she was wonderful enough to send a new cap out for me, with proof of melty caps and PoP. I'm stoked to have a new one on the way, figure I'll just use it for low temp sessions. I went ahead and bit the bullet on the CCU for the Crafternate mod. Thought about adding a note on the order asking for any extra candy as I was buying this strictly to fix the Alternate issue. :mental: So, I suppose all in all, I'll have a sweet little vape I'll use frequently. I suppose I should thank them both for rekindling my love affair w/ my Air. Positive vibes, All!

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
Can this vape be used while charging?

Teaming,

Jeff

(It seems to work...is it safe for the unit?)

Gardenerjeff,

Vivant

Manufacturer
I was told a refund was not an option by Vivant? I'm stuck with 2 units here and 6 topcaps...

Hey @slang, that is correct. I'm afraid our company does not offer refunds or returns on devices that have been used, due to the nature of the product.

Can this vape be used while charging?

Teaming,

Jeff

(It seems to work...is it safe for the unit?)

Hey @Gardenerjeff, Vivant doesn't recommend using the Alternate while it is charging. While it technically does work, there is a chance that the energy involved in the charge can cause the device to heat up to a temperature that differs from the one on the LED display.

-Gwen

luke00978

this thread is turning into a comedy of errors, maybe they should give up and include a crafty mouthpiece and a small square of sandpaper, or perhaps properly testing things could work also. on the flip side my crafternate is now getting more use that my mighty vapcaps and hoppers but has started getting the message "heat protect" and shutting down on every session. dont think mine is long for this world

xlr8shun

so, i ordered my new top cap from PIU the day after the statement was released on vivants website.

USPS lost my package, delivering it a week late, finally delivered and used twice (2 times)..

already cracked in 2 spots...

have to say... extremely disappointing...

good thing i have that crafty top mod still...

this thread is turning into a comedy of errors, maybe they should give up and include a crafty mouthpiece and a small square of sandpaper, or perhaps properly testing things could work also. on the flip side my crafternate is now getting more use that my mighty vapcaps and hoppers but has started getting the message "heat protect" and shutting down on every session. dont think mine is long for this world

heat protect? its saying that on the screen? what temps do you usually vape at?

Last edited by a moderator:

xlr8shun

yep says it on the screen then turns off, i vape at max temp on the alternate
hrm, i have only had it upto max temp a couple times, using concentrate sandwiched between some flower, usually stop at 400f-410f

however yesterday i did notice that the temp was climbing upto 418f when it was set at 400f. i was done with the bowl, still had about 30s left on the timer. so i stopped it, and watched the screen. it kept climbing up in one degree increments upto 418f before it started to go back down.

maybe i caught it at the wrong time turning it off, like right when it started the heater to maintain temp or something, so maybe residual heat. this took like 10 seconds maybe to get to 418f after i turned it off. i'd hope the heater isnt still continuing to heat after i stopped it. i wonder how high it would have to climb before thermal protection kicks in..

luke00978

hrm, i have only had it upto max temp a couple times, using concentrate sandwiched between some flower, usually stop at 400f-410f

however yesterday i did notice that the temp was climbing upto 418f when it was set at 400f. i was done with the bowl, still had about 30s left on the timer. so i stopped it, and watched the screen. it kept climbing up in one degree increments upto 418f before it started to go back down.

maybe i caught it at the wrong time turning it off, like right when it started the heater to maintain temp or something, so maybe residual heat. this took like 10 seconds maybe to get to 418f after i turned it off. i'd hope the heater isnt still continuing to heat after i stopped it. i wonder how high it would have to climb before thermal protection kicks in..

mine takes its self upto 230 c then shuts off, must be a fault with overshooting the requested temp

luke00978,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Got my DHgate alternate on its way. Also got a Crafty cooling unit, and screen set coming from vapefiend.

Total spend £57. Still an absolute bargin even if you have to buy a few extras.

Anyone with a crafternate got some tips on technique?

BaroneBarra

My 2nd generation top cap arrived this morning.
I was excited to finally be able to use my Alternate after two months, but with all these reports of cracking CUs I don't really know what to think...

I'll probably end up doing the Crafty mod anyway. Disappointing though.

BaroneBarra,
Top Bottom