Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
CU arrived from Puffitup. Thanks Randy and Jake! What a company, indeed.

In any case, it is a great fix. No taste whatsoever and the initial reviews of the Vivant hold true. So, now hopefully the whining will stop!

If you are new to the thread, this is a great vape!, The company has demonstrated that it stands behind the product. This vape is a sure sign of things to come both from this company, as well as from those who will need to compete. They are going to have to step up to the plate both as to taste delivery and price! The Vivant is going to be hard to beat!

Teaming,

Gardenerjeff

Vivant

Manufacturer
Hey guys! My name is Gwen, and I'm the new CSR for Vivant. Don't worry, I'm all caught up on the history of the thread. ;)

They need to give you a raise, Emily. Maybe make you President of the company. haha :tup::clap:

Hi Gwen - welcome to the nuthouse, I'm sure you will fit right in! :brow::lol::cool:

Hey @Baron23, thank you for the warm welcome!!

Well i don't ask @PuffItUp to stand behind the transaction, i just ask if they can sell me the new mouthpiece for a fair price , i don't want to pay 33$+ for a simple mouthpiece... Who ask nothing have nothing !!
I've never talked about "free" mouthpiece ... so re-read plz :) !!

Sometimes shit happen but it's manufacturer(warehouse?!) fault, not mine, to be honest i don't use my alternate anymore (even with the crafty cu) but living in Europe i would like to have access to this mouthpiece and not paid half of the price of one alternate for this!!

They have some authorized sellers in Europe, so why not have this mouthpiece available for sell there ?

And yeah sometimes cheap turns out to be expensive, not for my case (2x alternate for free )

Hey @Razshiro, we have sent out some of the new top caps to our Authorized Reseller in Europe, and we will continue to send them out as we get more in stock ourselves. Because it's still a relatively new piece, it may take a while for it to suffuse properly out into the market.
Rest assured, it will get out there, and become more easily available for sale soon.

Hi Emily, You've been wonderful with your response on here, however, unfortunately, I would like to report cracking of the body of the vaporizer. So that makes it at least 5 devices with the body cracking :/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvlbDzrOqwFSHUxV3A5SUlBRTg/view?usp=sharing

I've had the unit for a little over a month now, awaiting a replacement unit from heavengifts. Sealed the cracked top cap like twice so far(this is my only herb vaporizer, no access to a crafty CU), should last me till the replacement arrives, will Update on if the replacement body gives me similar issues.

Current state of topcap as I await replacement:

Top of topcap - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvlbDzrOqwFM2JmRVF0T25XZGc/view?usp=sharing
Side 1 of topcap - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvlbDzrOqwFclU5b2F3LTB0VWM/view?usp=sharing
Rear of topcap - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvlbDzrOqwFdUVWZUhsdGVpclE/view?usp=sharing
Side 2 of topcap - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvlbDzrOqwFREx6V083aTFXbTg/view?usp=sharing

Hey @albert247, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your device. We at Vivant have a QA process that we put our Alternates through, and we can't be certain about the history or authenticity of devices purchased from stores through websites like DHgate. I hope your new unit doesn't display these problems.

I would like to mention that we do now have the revamped top caps available for individual sale on our website.

Just got my replacement V2 cooling units from Gwen @Vivant !

Woo hoo, they look great and have zero odor, I am going to try it when I get home. Thank you Gwen for getting me the cooling units (tops) so fast! :rockon:

Hey @DarkSm0ke, thank you! Please let us know how you like the new top cap.

I just received a email from myvapors. com....telling me they are sending me a CU replacement.... Must be a authorized dealer of Vivant?

Thank you @Vivant

Hey @mash, no problem! Myvapors.com is an Authorized Reseller, yes. We were having a technical issue with our shipping software, and they allowed us to use their system in order to continue sending out Alternates and top caps while we fixed the issue. Apologies for the email confusion. :)

Thank you all for the constructive discussion and feedback!
-Gwen

albert247

Hey @albert247, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your device. We at Vivant have a QA process that we put our Alternates through, and we can't be certain about the history or authenticity of devices purchased from stores through websites like DHgate. I hope your new unit doesn't display these problems.

I would like to mention that we do now have the revamped top caps available for individual sale on our website.

Hi Gwen, thank you for your prompt response. I too hope that the replacement unit does not have the same issues. While I understand that you cannot guarantee the QA, history/ authenticity of non-authorized sellers, I believe, or rather would like to believe that heavengifts has their hands on authentic devices. I'm super baked, love the device, wish you guys well and really hope that the replacement that arrives is devoid of any issues. Will share updates when I receive my package :)

P.s. - Have a nice trip guys ;)

albert247

Okay...so I received the updated CU from @ Vivant. Firstly, thank you Emily for all of your help...you were great given the circumstances. This new CU is fucking awesome. I've been running it at 428 for the last 5 sessions and it is working flawlessly.

Thats Awesome! 428 for 5 straight sessions and the top cap has held up. Thats definitely a good sign! :D

mash

How would you compare the Alternate and the Fenix?

I love them both... but the Alternate is better.... I find it smoother and tastier.... but the Fenix is easy to use and clean.

If u see them in the same price range.... I would buy the Alternate.... I think it's the best bang for the buck. in using the Crafty CU... and its really nice. Can't wait to try the new CU.

Someone also mentioned the arizer air.... its more expensive... and not as portable.... but I dont think you can find a tastier one. It's just a champ...

IMHO.... the Alternate has some real potential... If they could insulate or use better plastic on the body... use better buttons.... and tweak the firmware a bit so you can change temp on the fly.. etc.... it would rival the more expensive ones.

FractaLSD

PsychMyc
5A1GmCE.jpg

Take a Arizer bucket screen, pinch the bottom and jam it in there, this way you get the screen rim back and can use pretty much anything you want. I domed mine towards the bowl so that the screen packs your flower a bit, works good!

Thats so funny i do the same thing because i ordered a bunch of Arizer Air screens and i never had to use them, and now the Crafty screen got messed up, and I realize they fit perfectly lol. PS. Before figuring that out I would literally use tobacco store "Silver Screens" and cut em down to size, and bam they fit perfectly too, maybe even better than the Arizer screens. The ones i have are "very fine" so they get clogged.

At first i was wondering is this was the top of this actual vape LOL and not the Crafty (because, thatd be insane, and i see below your post is one that shows the other top). Point is this is so obvious i would not be surprised.

But what i really wonder: for people who use(d) the Crafty extensively: is this REALLY a decent substitute? the replaceable batteries are like the one thing the Crafty could have done, but i dont think S+B would be cool with that kind of thing.

slang

I received my new topcap from Vivant yesterday. I'm loving the ability to use higher temps.

However, I am experiencing a possible software glitch that is worth mentioning.

The problem occurs while trying to stop a current session, raise the temperature and restart a new session...

I wanted to try a higher temp mid-session so I held the power button to stop the current session of 375 degrees. Then I increased the temperature to 410 degrees and re-fired the oven.

I waited for the reheat when I noticed the temperatures were falling instead. I pushed the power button again to restart the heating cycle successfully, seconds later I noticed the temps were dropping again. I repeated this 3-4 times, then finally after about a minute the temperatures began to climb. Slowly but surely I reached 410 degrees and the 300 second session began and finished entirely with 33% remaining?

This was on a fully charged battery 100%, first session, about a minute in when I decided to stop and change temps. The battery gauge was still in the 90+% range.

I seen the falling temperature problem mentioned earlier in this discussion (low battery, no warning); but this is occurring on a fully charged unit?

Also, the included Sony battery tests fine in a Nitecore charger, works well in other vapes, and works fine most of the time in the Alternate? So I don't really think this is a battery issue?

Anyone else experience similar issues?

DarkSm0ke

But what i really wonder: for people who use(d) the Crafty extensively: is this REALLY a decent substitute? the replaceable batteries are like the one thing the Crafty could have done, but i dont think S+B would be cool with that kind of thing.

Okay I have a Crafty but don't use it as often as I would like because of the issue of them crapping out because of battery failure, so mine has like 8 hours of use on it. The build quality is amazing, and the attention to detail in regards to the design and documentation is outstanding. It is obvious that dedicated people spent a lot of time on this before they let it out into the wild. Unfortunately as you know this is a spendy vape.

The Alternate is not up to the build quality yet (there is room for improvement), but it checks a lot of boxes for me. This company has already proven they are serious about being a player in the vape game and they came out of the box swinging. They have made some firmware updates that users here and on vaporents have suggested. This is very responsive in my opinion to what their public is requesting, and they did it pretty fast too. They corrected the CU melty issue once they were aware of that issue existing. That tells me these guys @Vivant are serious about their product and business and want to stay in the game for a long time. I don't feel that they are in it to make a quick buck and cash out. Being active here on this thread proves that in itself. Once they get a WPA and some dosing capsules, as well as offering wear and tear kits, they will be in a very strong position to claim their spot as the leader of sub $150 portable vapes. This is just all my opinion of course. I am a working man and live mostly paycheck to paycheck. I like to buy quality items and take care of them so they last me a long time. I look for overall value. Cheapest route is not always the best.

I would say this vape is heading in the right direction real fast. I am guessing S&B have taken market notice too because they recently lowered Crafty and Mighty MSRP. Overall the Crafty has better build quality, documentation, and more accessories than the Alternate, but the Alternate I feel is a better bang for the buck. With the new CU the flavor and vapor production is almost on par with my Crafty. Pretty darn close. At this time I feel that the Alternate is great choice over the Crafty, unless money is no object, but for me it is a no brainer :D

Oh, got the new CU and tried it yesterday with some flower and wax... kicks ass! I wish the online reviews would update their review with the new CU. I think this is a vape for the people!

Baked-not-fried

riding the Cannabreak train...
Thank you all for the constructive discussion and feedback!
-Gwen

Hey Gwen,
I was wondering, I got my Alternate from PIU and am having some issues getting a new version replacement top and was wondering if I could get one from you guys. I'm just asking because PIU told me they are still weeks out. Thanks a ton! Have a wonderful day.

Drummeryjam

She's arrived! I've gone from being ridiculously excited to just simply confused haha. I am so out of my depth with this shit hopefully I can get her up n running! Before ordering I asked the supplier about the top cap thing and they said it would be sent out with a new one, I only have the one that is attatched to it though, would that be new? He made it sound like it would be sent as an extra, is there a way to tell before I go nagging at them?

Drummeryjam,

BaroneBarra

She's arrived! I've gone from being ridiculously excited to just simply confused haha. I am so out of my depth with this shit hopefully I can get her up n running! Before ordering I asked the supplier about the top cap thing and they said it would be sent out with a new one, I only have the one that is attatched to it though, would that be new? He made it sound like it would be sent as an extra, is there a way to tell before I go nagging at them?
Check the bottom of the cap (the part that sits above the oven).
If there's a metal ring, it's the new one. You can take a look at pics posted in this very thread or on Reddit; also @ohmygodimsohigh did a comparison on YT which clearly shows the differences.

BaroneBarra,

Drummeryjam

Check the bottom of the cap (the part that sits above the oven).
If there's a metal ring, it's the new one. You can take a look at pics posted in this very thread or on Reddit; also @ohmygodimsohigh did a comparison on YT which clearly shows the differences.

Thanks I decided to stop being a lazy twat and just Google it haha, looks like I have the old one -.- oh well, still excited (:

Drummeryjam,

mash

Thanks I decided to stop being a lazy twat and just Google it haha, looks like I have the old one -.- oh well, still excited (:

Did you order it thru a authorized Vivant dealer? If so... I would assume they are shipping the new cap with new orders.

If it was ordered thru dhgate or heven gifts... im not sure they are shipping the new caps...
I don't think heaven gifts even have the units in stock.

I was fortunate to get a original CU that didn't melt.... hopefully yours will be the same.

mash,

Drummeryjam

Did you order it thru a authorized Vivant dealer? If so... I would assume they are shipping the new cap with new orders.

If it was ordered thru dhgate or heven gifts... im not sure they are shipping the new caps...
I don't think heaven gifts even have the units in stock.

I was fortunate to get a original CU that didn't melt.... hopefully yours will be the same.

Got it through vapefiend, sent them an email, they apologised and have now sent out a new one (: I've been having a play with it, is getting a new battery like pretty much a necessity? Seems to not hold much charge at all but like I say I am totally new to all this so haven't a clue :/

Drummeryjam,
Reactions: Vivant

mash

Got it through vapefiend, sent them an email, they apologised and have now sent out a new one (: I've been having a play with it, is getting a new battery like pretty much a necessity? Seems to not hold much charge at all but like I say I am totally new to all this so haven't a clue :/

That's cool they are sending you the new cap...... The battery issue is weird..... I noticed mine yesterday drain quick.... but it was the sony one that came with it..... the LG Hg2 ones I've used.... seems like it didn't happen... or i didnt notice...... I have few extras so it's not a big issue for me..... I would recommend buying extra battery and a charger...

Drummeryjam

Me again! Anyone else having trouble getting on the vivant site? I wanna upgrade the firmware, this timer is way annoying -.- tried last night and today, thought it was my laptop being a piece of shit but can't access it on my phone either?

Drummeryjam,
Top Bottom