Venty by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
You would want a USB C PD ("Power delivery") charger with at least 45W output. You want GaN technology
I just put the above quote into an Amazon search, and this one seems to fit your description?
Not that I'm recommending it...
Yoocas 45W Super Fast Charger USB C,2 Ports Type C Wall Charger,Mini Foldable PD PPS Gan Charger Block for Galaxy S23 Ultra,Note 20,iPhone 15,iPad Pro,Laptop,MacBook Power Adapter,Steam Deck-Black https://a.co/d/0eGPybjr

Rodney

Guys just be careful with chargers as i found out when buying one that met the specifications to fast charge my Mighty+ and it was a scam. I then read that a lot of these chargers claiming to deliver 45w only run at 45w for the first few seconds then it goes down to 15w.

Just be careful so you do not waste money.

MoltenTiger

Relayed from google/reddit:

10.2 Technical Requirements for suitable Chargers

For general charging, a USB charger with at least 5 VDC / 2 A (10 W) is recommended.

Technical requirements for supercharging: Charger must support USB-C PD and supply at least 9 VDC / 3 A (27 W).

- Venty manual, page 56

So there are a lot of options and the demand of the Venty isn't really much compared to phones or laptops - worth trying those chargers if you have one. Gallium Nitride is 3x more efficient than silicon and allows for a much smaller size brick. I have been happy with a Blitzwolf from Banggood for my phone, the Baseus Cube Pro looks good too though on the upper end of the budget prices.
Although the OEM charger isn't too ridiculously priced. Something like the Baseus Cube Pro 65W would be more versatile and good deals can be found.
Lots of cheaper options hitting the minimum 'supercharger' 27W 9V3A spec. Doesn't have to be fancy.
There should have been a GaN brick in the box.

Only buy a safe charger!

AndyO

I don't know anything about electrical engineering, it's not at all in my skillset.

But I think we've been given enough reason to suspect that the EO4 issues could be to do with power/charging. Given that, I haven't used anything other than the charger that came with my Venty - I've been really fortunate that I haven't had any issues.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
The link below is from my previous post about an inexpensive $20 charger that works great with a Venty:

Hey all, I'm posting here because I have no idea what else to do. My device got the E04 back in January. I had some personal life issues, so I wasn't able to send it in for repair until recently. Regardless, I sent it in last month. My Crafty+ also had an issue, so I sent them both in with their own, individual RMAs. However, there was a mix-up. My Venty RMA was approved, and they shipped me a new Crafty+. No big deal, right? I emailed them and let them know. They closed *both* RMAs, and did not respond. That was strange, so I followed up and let them know. They then claimed that my Venty RMA had been closed because I never sent it in. It was pretty obvious their support person wasn't aware of the actual status of the device, because, yeah, I absolutely sent it in, and it was absolutely received. The status was changed to "closed" because the repair center had mixed up the RMA numbers.

Well, two weeks later, and I have had no response. I've sent multiple emails, created new support tickets, posted on Reddit, reached out to LaCentralVapeur for assistance - everything. No response. S&B have completely ghosted me, and my device is in the wind as far as I know. I'm genuinely deeply upset about this, and like I said, I have no idea what to do. They've been super quick and helpful with my RMA in the past, but this is a whole new level of unprofessional. I reached out on Facebook, and I got a generic "Check your junk folder" response. It's really a crazy situation.

All this to say - everyone talks about how broken the Venty is. They're right. It's a good device, if it works. I haven't been able to use mine for months, and now I don't even have one. All thanks to S&B.

Vape_Or_Die420

Hey all, I'm posting here because I have no idea what else to do. My device got the E04 back in January. I had some personal life issues, so I wasn't able to send it in for repair until recently. Regardless, I sent it in last month. My Crafty+ also had an issue, so I sent them both in with their own, individual RMAs. However, there was a mix-up. My Venty RMA was approved, and they shipped me a new Crafty+. No big deal, right? I emailed them and let them know. They closed *both* RMAs, and did not respond. That was strange, so I followed up and let them know. They then claimed that my Venty RMA had been closed because I never sent it in. It was pretty obvious their support person wasn't aware of the actual status of the device, because, yeah, I absolutely sent it in, and it was absolutely received. The status was changed to "closed" because the repair center had mixed up the RMA numbers.

Well, two weeks later, and I have had no response. I've sent multiple emails, created new support tickets, posted on Reddit, reached out to LaCentralVapeur for assistance - everything. No response. S&B have completely ghosted me, and my device is in the wind as far as I know. I'm genuinely deeply upset about this, and like I said, I have no idea what to do. They've been super quick and helpful with my RMA in the past, but this is a whole new level of unprofessional. I reached out on Facebook, and I got a generic "Check your junk folder" response. It's really a crazy situation.

All this to say - everyone talks about how broken the Venty is. They're right. It's a good device, if it works. I haven't been able to use mine for months, and now I don't even have one. All thanks to S&B.
I can completely relate. I registered my new Venty and they only gave me the 2 year warranty instead of the 3 year.

I emailed them about it and they responded with a question. I emailed them back with a response and never heard from them again. I have continued to send follow up emails with ZERO response. If they can’t figure out their error they ghost you. Their customer service is absolute dogshit!!

Don’t give up!!

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
I recently updated my Venty but, after many tries. I wrote to the company and they sent back a generic response that had NOTHING to do with my question. I gave up. This time...I give up. I am not going to chase Jurgen and his empire while there are other vapes I can use and get the service I need after spending thousands of dollars on their products over the years. The quality HAS gone down and this is MY experience because it has been YEARS...that I am a customer. I think he should stop doing his tours and get back to the office and answer some of these emails himself. I am hearing all these stories and it makes me sick. WTF really...and still I use this Venty EVERY SINGLE DAY...damn it. I hope all of you get some answers from Storz and B.

For what it's worth, I'm going through the steps of filing a small claims case against them. Massachusetts has some solid documentation and regulations around consumer protection, so if your device is repeatedly having issues, I would encourage you to look up your states consumer protections. Or, go through California, where S&B is based.

To be honest, I think someone should look at making a class action against them for the E04 stuff, and their overall negligence to prevent it from reoccurring. Regardless, I sent them a 30-day notice, which includes demands for settlement. If they fail to respond or reach an agreement, I can go through small claims, and I think it's a pretty open-and-shut case with the amount of records I have. USPS tracking, package weight info, photos, email chains, the whole lot. I sent it to S&B, as well as their chief legal council at canopy growth.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChooChooCharlie

Hope others get their issues sorted

But, I've had great customer support from S&B over the years. To be honest, the first Crafty was a bit of a repeat offender RMA drama queen, but they were always replaced with new units quickly. Hoping these early Venty issues also get resolved over time

When I saw Venty wear and tear kits finally available, I ordered two, really wanting two of the out of stock CUs. When package arrived, it had two CUs, not the 2 full kits I paid for. Wrote email, and received two wear and tear kits today. Extra CUs are a good thing. I should thank S&B for their error. Will send one to Vito PIF style

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have had no issue with the Venty, and I like it, but The form factor is such that I try to stand it up. Being OCD, I rarely lay things down. I am learning!
As far as the vapor, I love it, but not as much as the Mighty+.
No complaint in Ventyville regardless.
What a rough life.... having to search for reasons to not like a Vape and to not love winding up medicated!

Last edited:

4-Aces King-High

I have had no issue with the Venty, and I like it, but The form factor is such that I try to stand it up. Being OCD, I rarely lay things down. I am learning!
As far as the vapor, I love it, but not as much as the Mighty+.
No complaint in Ventyville regardless.
What a rough life.... having to search for reasons to not like a Vape and to not love winding up medicated!
If I could Only Have 1- Vaporizer The Venty would fill the space. Loving It Daily and remind myself how great the Venty Is when I Use one of my Other vaporizers in my Collection of TEDs,Ball Vapes,conduction,Convection, and hybrids. I like my Now Venty between 365F and 385F ,at one time it was dosing caps. At 410F .Cheers

ChooChooCharlie

Venty-Filling-Aid.jpg

Ordered two, got your potable S&B filling covered, Vito

Top Bottom