Venty by Storz & Bickel

JoeMama

I haven't, no - I'm very keen to try them, but they're expensive enough on their own without having to ship them half way around the world. I haven't found anyone locally who stocks them.
FWIW, I use Titanium caps and they're a whole lot better than aluminum. While it's obvious that no capsule is better for maximum thermal efficiency, after using aluminum as well glass capsules (with an aluminum lid), Titanium really gets it as close as it can get to the "no capsule" experience... Granted I'm running at 210ºC, so I can't speak to heating performance at lower temps.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I could never take my Tinymight out and about...I did a couple of times and was just too worried about wrecking the wood even though I have a cover and also, wrecking any glass inside, etc. I am very clumsy...this morning I broke my glass water adapter for my Vapman just by laying it down on a hard counter...pissed me off. I have others...Anyway, getting back to the Venty. I think I have dropped it probably four or five times...nothing broke. :) It works amazingly...the airflow alone is worth to endure all the back shit that happened with this unit. I love it and it is a perfect...'lets go out'....vape.

PS We need a vape that is water proof and floats. So when we go fishing. If I accidently throw my vape overboard...it would still work.

SockPuppetTheatrics

Confidential to all Venty owners (at least US-based), VGoodiEZ is now stocking 8mm adapters: https://vgoodiez.com/collections/vgoodiez/products/venty-8mm-stem-adapter-by-vgoodiez-ven-12

My main complaint with the Venty is that the stock mouthpiece (or the glass mouthpiece, for that matter) gets uncomfortably hot by the end of a session. I have a similar adapter from Simrell Collection, and it's almost perfect, but I feel like the o-ring grooves need to be just a shade deeper because it's difficult AF to get a DynaVap stem or whatever threaded onto them (which means going through a bunch of o-rings pretty quickly). I'm hoping these will be a slightly easier fit.

Current "mouthpiece" of choice is a wooden Vortex from the grab bag sale (link).

Also, FWIW, someone on r/vaporents recommended AVLP dosing capsules (link), and I think I prefer them even over the titanium ones.

chillAtGVC

How hot and long are your sessions? Am usually there for 20 to 30 minutes ending up at 2:10 for the last while and my mouthpiece doesn’t get warm at all. The whole thing he barely gets warm I can comfortably hold it in my hand around the oven.

SockPuppetTheatrics

Not crazy long (definitely < 10 min). IDK, it never bugged me when it was cold outside (I only vape outdoors), but it feels like it gets kinda warm by the end when it's > 80F outside. Maybe I just have sensitive lips? :shrug:

SockPuppetTheatrics,

MoltenTiger

The problems might have been related to software. My 3 previous Ventys ran on version 1.06. They came out with 1.07 after I had my 3rd one a couple of weeks and I upgraded it, but it only lasted a week after that. It could be it failed because the damage was already done with 1.06. The one I have now started out with 1.07, so I'll see how long it lasts. If it wasn't a software issue, then I can only guess the quality control on the chips is poor.
Those chips are tested sufficiently, unlike the average FC vape

MoltenTiger,

stonedbob

100% THC
so after 6 month and more than 185 hours of operation, it finally happened to me. after seeing all the posts here and on reddit it felt like there is no escape from the E04 and its just a matter of time until it will break.

venty-e04-rezied.jpg

at the beginning i could make it work again by factory reset (10 seconds hold the on/off button) but after few times it stopped working and now its in a constant E04. dead as a brick.

It is so disappointing, i have waited so long and payed so much money (540$USD), and as you can see from my signature, i am a big S&B fan, starting from Mighty as first vaporizer on 2016 and later on Volcano and Mighty+. I started RMA but judging from the comments here it looks like i need to expect another RMA(s) later this year.

I don't know what happened to S&B but I really hope that its not going to be my last S&B device.

edit:
I forgot to say but the Venty is my favorite vape. Its AWESOME, when working.

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
so after 6 month and more than 185 hours of operation, it finally happened to me. after seeing all the posts here and on reddit it felt like there is no escape from the E04 and its just a matter of time until it will break.

venty-e04-rezied.jpg

at the beginning i could make it work again by factory reset (10 seconds hold the on/off button) but after few times it stopped working and now its in a constant E04. dead as a brick.

It is so disappointing, i have waited so long and payed so much money (540$USD), and as you can see from my signature, i am a big S&B fan, starting from Mighty as first vaporizer on 2016 and later on Volcano and Mighty+. I started RMA but judging from the comments here it looks like i need to expect another RMA(s) later this year.

I don't know what happened to S&B but I really hope that its not going to be my last S&B device.

edit:
I forgot to say but the Venty is my favorite vape. Its AWESOME, when working.
Welcome to the Venty Shit Storm. I cannot believe this shit is STILL happening to people. I am on my THIRD one...good luck and from my own experience take a deep breath because you are going to have to pay a fee to send it. Once you get your new one you will fall in love ALL over with it....we have all STOCKHOLM SYNDRONE with Venty. Its the SHIT VAPE...we HAVE to HAVE and we call it the best...I love mine. I use it every day...and I talk shit about it constantly.

Cacahuates

Welcome to the Venty Shit Storm. I cannot believe this shit is STILL happening to people. I am on my THIRD one...good luck and from my own experience take a deep breath because you are going to have to pay a fee to send it. Once you get your new one you will fall in love ALL over with it....we have all STOCKHOLM SYNDRONE with Venty. Its the SHIT VAPE...we HAVE to HAVE and we call it the best...I love mine. I use it every day...and I talk shit about it constantly.
Sounds like an abusive relationship. Hopefully the bugs will keep getting worked out. I dont think any other company would survive such a storm. This thing is great though.

brquad225

Yep...similar experience....on my third one...hate the problems, but love the vape. I hope this one is without issue, but we shall see!

Those chips are tested sufficiently, unlike the average FC vape
If the chips are sufficient, then why are they failing?

Well said, STOCKHOLM SYNDROME is an excellent example. I have a love/hate relationship with Venty. I love it when it works. I just HATE going through the RMA system every month and having to pay $15 to ship it to them. I'm 65, and I can't recall ever having a product where 4 in a row failed.

chillAtGVC

It still seems statistically unlikely that some people have 3 or 4 (or more?) that have failed while many (most?) others have not had a failure. That suggests that something external, environmental is in play. The only things that I can think of are misuse/abuse and the charging system. The problems seem too wide spread to be misuse/abuse.

It still seems statistically unlikely that some people have 3 or 4 (or more?) that have failed while many (most?) others have not had a failure. That suggests that something external, environmental is in play. The only things that I can think of are misuse/abuse and the charging system. The problems seem too wide spread to be misuse/abuse.
Exactly, it's too wide spread to be abuse. In my case, I've had a Mighty+ for a few years, and it's still working like a champ. Never had an issue with it. I charge the Venty and Mighty+ on the same charger. It seems like S&B think 1.07 is the answer to all the problems because when you go through the RMA system, no human replies. You just get an automated reply to upgrade to 1.07. Today I got some spam email from them saying how great the Venty is because you can upgrade to 1.07 with an app. I think instead they should be informing the public with what the hell is going on, and they're getting everything right now. I do remember one news story published around Christmas about early Ventys catching fire and having to be recalled. My first one almost caught on fire. I was waiting for it to turn green, and I noticed it was getting very hot and starting to smell like burnt electronics. Thankfully I did get it to shut off and I noticed the bowl started to melt. A scary thought entered my head, wondering what would have happened if it wouldn't turn off? It has lithium batteries that can explode. It would be a bomb I would have to throw outside.

MoltenTiger

If the chips are sufficient, then why are they failing?
Because the package they're put in is failing.

It's much harder to build test equipment than a basic product. Incredibly more difficult and expensive.

Yes you can have dodgy parts, but ICs have pretty good QC as each part is approved and sometimes binned. They themselves are a product, and will rarely have limited batch issues because of good testing, flying probes and continuity etc. Performance measured at data sheet specced levels. Certificates of conformance attached with shipped goods.

What matters is that you can adequately test the full assembly to pick up on dodgy components or processes before shipping to end users. Chip companies can and must afford this. You can't stop everything but the goal is to try, and if more than 10% are defected then it is a serious issue and a failing of quality assurance. More control is needed. But at least you need to filter them.
Much easier when said than done.
S&B are receiving tested parts but they can't trust their entire built out device because of that.

If you ship a faulty product, it's not at the fault of or much concern to your supplier.

If it was just the chip it should be detected in product testing and nothing should pass.

If you have to do a recall on everything, because of functional issues/concern or because of a mandated recall from an audit or official direction, then something crucial was missed in R&D, then not flagged in testing and product testing needs to be fixed so that it will catch small issues, let alone the entire fleet being decided faulty after shipping internationally at scale.

The thought crossed my mind today, with the pace of resupplying, and the amount of errors, it seems like they either have no idea or are milking out a dodgy product due to economic pressure, and patch fixing their dodgy untested product in software that disables when certain related metrics are detected.

If you can do that, it's not because the chips are bad. It's because you've built a lemon and backed yourself into a corner with the complexity of the design and dynamic of business.

It's not a new phenomena and won't be the last time.
To see it from the biggest name in this industry is why I have the confidence to make my earlier post.
Once a product becomes this complicated, and is pushing power levels to the extreme and packing in hundreds of parts, the testing also has to match. If it did, then this basic product would work statistically better than a Grasshopper. Kind of similar limitations with these higher wattage compact heaters.

If you've ever done any overclocking, thermal read outs for chips are estimations compared to the actual silicon.
Mostly the hottest thing in a device is the chip, if you add a powerful heater in close proximity that is obviously going to get stressed in the field, you also need to test it in accordance.

Turning around after a product launch to recall everything and then not being transparent about the story does not lead me to think that it's anyone else's fault other than the company launching the product.

Whatever the case, hopefully they can sort it out for the end users sake. They owe them as much.

Last edited:

Woolf

It's much harder to build test equipment than a basic product. Incredibly more difficult and expensive.

Yes you can have dodgy parts, but ICs have pretty good QC as each part is approved and sometimes binned. They themselves are a product, and will rarely have limited batch issues because of good testing, flying probes and continuity etc. Performance measured at data sheet specced levels. Certificates of conformance attached with shipped goods.

What matters is that you can adequately test the full assembly to pick up on dodgy components or processes before shipping to end users. Chip companies can and must afford this. You can't stop everything but the goal is to try, and if more than 10% are defected then it is a serious issue and a failing of quality assurance. More control is needed. But at least you need to filter them.
S&B are receiving tested parts but they can't trust their entire built out device because of that.

If you ship a faulty product, it's not at the fault of or much concern to your supplier.

If it was just the chip it should be detected in product testing and nothing should pass.

If you have to do a recall on everything, because of functional issues/concern or because of a mandated recall from an audit or official direction, then something crucial was missed in R&D, then not flagged in testing and product testing needs to be fixed so that it will catch small issues, let alone the entire fleet being decided faulty after shipping internationally at scale.

The thought crossed my mind today, with the pace of resupplying, and the amount of errors, it seems like they either have no idea or are milking out a dodgy product due to economic pressure, and patch fixing their dodgy untested product in software that disables when certain related metrics are detected.

If you can do that, it's not because the chips are bad. It's because you've built a lemon and backed yourself into a corner with the complexity of the design and dynamic of business.

To see it from the biggest name in this industry is why I have the confidence to make my earlier post.
Once a product becomes this complicated, and is pushing power levels to the extreme and packing in hundreds of parts, the testing also has to match. If it did, then this basic product would work statistically better than a Grasshopper. Kind of similar limitations with these higher wattage compact heaters.

If you've ever done any overclocking, thermal read outs for chips are estimations compared to the actual silicon.
Mostly the hottest thing in a device is the chip, if you add a powerful heater in close proximity that is obviously going to get stressed in the field, you also need to test it in accordance.

Turning around after a product launch to recall everything and then not being transparent about the story does not lead me to think that it's anyone else's fault other than the company launching the product.

Whatever the case, hopefully they can sort it out for the end users sake. They owe them as much

Good explanation. There Has to be a massive bug.
And im really curious - by exchanging so many products and no solution to fix it, thats a financial nightmare

Whatever the case, hopefully they can sort it out for the end users sake. They owe them as much.
That's a good explanation. I know business like to launch products as fast as possible to get a return on their money. S&B needs to quit being so secretive about everything, start replying to customers., and quit forcing them to pay for return shipping, or they will destroy their company.

Early Crafty was a rough one.
I had 4 Crafty's (from a single purchase) fail in about a year, then upgraded to a Mighty that lasted 5+years.
And of, course, a literal parade of Grasshoppers came through my house.
Wow, I didn't know Crafty had a problem. I almost bought one years ago but bought Mighty+ instead. Now I'm glad I skipped Crafty.

_dbw_

Early Crafty was a rough one.
I had 4 Crafty's (from a single purchase) fail in about a year, then upgraded to a Mighty that lasted 5+years.
And of, course, a literal parade of Grasshoppers came through my house.
I also had two Micro-USB Crafty's fail, one straight out of the box sent as an RMA wouldn't charge. So of course I bought a Venty...! Brilliant vape though, but, glad I still have a Crafty+ as a spare.

AndyO

My titanium dosing caps arrived yesterday. WOW. Completely changes the device. A loosely packed titanium dosing cap legit feels like I'm not losing any performance at all (compared to no dosing caps.)

They're going to be a bit annoying to keep track of, and obviously expensive to replace, but I think I'm going to have to make sure I have plenty of them. (The hi-flo stainless ones haven't arrived yet, so I'll wait and see how that goes before getting a full set of anything.)

The difference is significant enough to make me question why S&B are still using aluminium. It is just so inferior to the titanium, they're doing themselves a massive disservice by using dosing caps that rob the Venty of so much performance when there's a demonstrably better option available.

Garybuchanen

Im curious…does anyone have a general idea of the percentage of working ventys vs not working from the start till now ?

Garybuchanen,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
The difference is significant enough to make me question why S&B are still using aluminium.

Because they consider them “disposable”, and can sell more!

In a much earlier post I recommended the titanium capsules after I tested them.
I’ve packed them tight, and simply open up the Venty airflow a bit. I bought (2) 5 packs from Vgoodiez, and like the container they come with. I’m sure capsules in vapes like the Mighty could limit the airflow, as it’s tight to begin with, but NOT with a Venty… they should last a long time assuming you don’t lose them….

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Second time error 04 appears...
The first time was yesterday when I activated the 2 modes... optimized charging and limit

Disabled!! I don't even know why I tried this bullshit... if it's going to break down, let it be quick:rant:
I like the device but... my dear tinymight:bowdown: is always available

Top Bottom