Venty by Storz & Bickel

4-Aces King-High

Picked up my Venty this afternoon, gonna charge it and do a quick burnoff before officially joining the club! I haven’t seen any other advice for first-time users but if anyone has any words of wisdom, I’d appreciate it for sure. Purely for peace of mind, I’m also doing a prayer/dance for the Vape Gods to bless my Venty and protect it from error codes of any sort. Thanks again everyone for your help here!
^^^^. Pressing the power button for 10+ seconds will do a factory reset.

chillAtGVC

Picked up my Venty this afternoon, gonna charge it and do a quick burnoff before officially joining the club! I haven’t seen any other advice for first-time users but if anyone has any words of wisdom, I’d appreciate it for sure. Purely for peace of mind, I’m also doing a prayer/dance for the Vape Gods to bless my Venty and protect it from error codes of any sort. Thanks again everyone for your help here!
I would do a firmware update and turn on both battery saving options. Load it with .25-.3g of coarsely ground weed. Give it a light tamp and enjoy. If you have any particularly fragrant strain then start with that at 160-180c. I have some Mango Gold that is amazing.

Rodney

The price of the VENTY on Amazon UK has went down and down and now at £307. initially it was £429. Seen it drop and drop in price and I seriously want one however after reading about all these problems it still seems not wroth it even at £307.

I love my Mighty+ and volcano but something like his with this many problems is not worth any more than £50 and even then that will be £50 wasted and lots of time spent returning it.

If this is a software problem only and they sort it 100% then I would buy one eventually but sounds to me like a defective piece of nonsense and should be recalled and rebuilt then tested extensively before being put back out for sale.

Like seriously people sending back 6 and they still have the cheek to send more of them out to ppl hoping this "this one works"

0/10

Vitolo

Vaporist
I was pretty frustrated trying to figure out how to perform the update I see you all speaking about.
My Venty worked so perfectly, I saw no reason... but also was intimidated by the technology.
When I started out as a vaporist, there were no smart boards or pre-configured timers.
I got online with my iMac and could not figure it out either.
I borrowed a friends laptop, and boom... I connected immediately and did the update.
What do you think, family?
Did I do the right thing by adding this update?
I am hoping that nobody's issues started AFTER the update.

chillAtGVC

I think that is overly pessimistic. I have one, but if I didn’t I would buy it again today. I am also a bit suspicious of why some people are having multiple failures. Statistically that’s very, very unusual. I’m wondering if there’s something in environmental, maybe the charger, that is somehow contributing to this.

@Vitolo you did the right thing.

ChooChooCharlie

My two cents:

Register device S/N through your S&B user account

Charge fully using fast charger (blinks twice per second rather than once per sec)

Read online S&B manuals, watch their videos

They don't tell you this -- before accessing the app, plug in and leave plugged in during app use. Venty does not need to be switched on while updating or changing defaults, BLE bluetooth will connect while plugged in. Then check for updates, and turn on both ECO battery switches

After a few bowls, the airflow adjustment wheel gets resin stuck and hard to move, so warm up Venty before turning wheel. But, I always leave mine open

After watching S&B vid on disassembly of CU -- note especially how leaving the CU screwed on unit is key to pulling up and off the outer/upper CU part, as bottom part of CU remains locked in Venty (after unlocking orange lock tab using edge of mouthpiece).

And, open the CU over table or tray to catch the invariably falling orange locking tab and the thin rectangular screen. Push out that airflow wheel too like they show in vid to clean, it will also fall and try to escape

Tempting to inhale strongly with airflow wide open on 3 after prior Mighty use, but I find a slow to medium "sine wave" style inhale lets you get good clouds and taste

Last edited:

justcametomind

Is there anyone here who has bought a VENTY and had 0 problems?? sorry to ask this but am very curiosa so :)
Venty vaporizer sales are probably 10.000x the sales of the average FC vaporizer manufacturer. There’s many more units around, and as for every thing in life, people who have issues are more vocal than people who don’t. Judging from FC posts I think it’s more risky getting a Taffee Bowle 2 than a Venty. There are quite a few unhappy posts as well (and almost no haters because that’s a small company.. Apart the glass-gimmick haters) but the difference in sales is abysmal so the risk of getting a faulty unit is real imho.

Last edited:

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Venty vaporizer sales are probably 10.000x the sales of the average FC vaporizer manufacturer.

Did you do the math?
Try it out, just for fun and games: you are talking big numbers man...
So you are saying there's probably 10.000 venties sold for 1 sold unit of an "average FC Vape"?? :rofl::lol:

Mmmmkay... :D
First things first:
Define "Average FC vape" and specify your (estimated) sales of such an average device.
Or maybe you are talking about sold Toads as "average"?

666Honeybadger,
Reactions: Jojofernz
The problems might have been related to software. My 3 previous Ventys ran on version 1.06. They came out with 1.07 after I had my 3rd one a couple of weeks and I upgraded it, but it only lasted a week after that. It could be it failed because the damage was already done with 1.06. The one I have now started out with 1.07, so I'll see how long it lasts. If it wasn't a software issue, then I can only guess the quality control on the chips is poor.

JoeMama

Is there anyone here who has bought a VENTY and had 0 problems?? sorry to ask this but am very curiosa so :)
I was on board in November last year. I've had no issues whatsoever.
I drive it with a one-hitter setup (capsules) at 210ºC, about every hour or so all day long everyday.
The odometer reads almost 44 hours.

It's awful to see so many dissatisfied Venty owners, I hope S&B somehow pull out of the nose dive on their reputation.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Even though I use my Vapman everyday, my Bowle everyday, I also use my Venty everyday and love it. It is what I use when I am away from my house. One of the reasons is the heavy duty plastic and also a great case that blocks out all smell...especially if the mouth piece is in the closed position. The Venty with all of its past problems is a KILLER vape...it is so good. I still love mine and put up with the bullshit...I use Volcano everyday as well...great products.

AndyO

I wonder how many owners of working Ventys are, like me, just crazy superstitious.

Mine hasn't missed a beat since I got it in December - but I don't want to brag about that, I'd just be inviting trouble! (Especially being in Australia with all the associated RMA dramas.)

In fairness, it's not really a daily driver for me, never has been. I work from home, and use my butane-powered vapes much more than the Venty - I generally only use it maybe 2-3 days a week when I'm out of the house, usually for no more than about 5 hours at the time.

Even then, it's only because it's the most hardy to carry around in a pocket, it's not cos I think it's a particularly great "on the go vape." I think I've said before that IMO the Venty is superior to the Mighty+ in every way, except that it loses so much more performance with dosing caps than the Mighty+ did/does (I still have the Mighty+, but literally haven't pulled it off the shelf since getting the Venty. A sad waste of a device I'd only had for 2 months - I won the Venty with the Mighty+ purchase though.)

So what do you do? Do you take the TM2 and have to deal with loose, ground bud when you're out and about, as well as a breakable mouthpiece? (I'm rarely out long enough to need a battery change.) Do you take the Mighty+, which is inferior to the Venty in every way, but loses less performance with dosing caps? Or do you take the Venty with it's potential reliability issues, and deal with loose, ground bud or dosing caps that lose performance - but is so much easier and less breakable than the TM2 and still outperforms the Mighty+, especially if you ditch the dosing caps?

The TM2 and Mighty+ are probably 6/10 options while the Venty is a 7/10 option.

I'm not across the business info and the sale that people complain about, but venture capitalists or not, everyone is capable of releasing a crap product, and people stick with it. Microsoft released an Xbox with the RROD problem that they never fixed, and that's friggen microsoft. One of the early iPhones (3 or 4?) was a bit of a disaster, and that's Apple (who also spammed our phones with an album no one wanted and PR'd their way out of it!) Samsung released a phone 5-6 years ago that literally caught on fire.

S&B will be fine, the only people who know that this is any sort of a disaster launch on any scale are people on FC and Reddit.

Last edited:

AndyO

Have you tried the titanium capsules?
I find they work incredibly well especially with the powerful heater and adjustable airflow.

I haven't, no - I'm very keen to try them, but they're expensive enough on their own without having to ship them half way around the world. I haven't found anyone locally who stocks them.

Cheers for the tip.

edit: I've been looking at different options for Venty dosing caps, I'll be doing some studying in a few months and need a better option for longer days out of the house.

Could anyone explain the pros and cons of the Titanium dosing caps and the Stainless Steel Hi-Flo dosing caps?

The stainless ones are a little cheaper, they're available locally, and they have a lot more airflow holes.

But I imagine the titanium ones heat up much faster, which is probably what I need to resolve my issues of feeling like the aluminium ones lose performance? (There's also gotta be a reason that our Dynavaps and ball vapes are all heading away from Ss to Tt.)

I may experiment with the Stainless ones first, cos I can get them here by Wednesday; I didn't really want to make a VGoodiez order til they have more Glass Charlie TM2 stems, cos I suspect those stems also make the TM2 a little more portable.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
But I imagine the titanium ones heat up much faster, which is probably what I need to resolve my issues of feeling like the aluminium ones lose performance?

They heat up quickly, and cool off faster, which is a plus if you want to dump a capsule after a few hits, and finish it later. I prefer titanium over the standard S&B aluminum ones, especially as they don’t deform, and is a healthier choice metal wise. I didn’t bother with the SS versions, though perhaps they might hold the heat longer for those that prefer a DARKER roast. Only back to back testing would confirm that theory. But yes, they do cost more, I bought (2) five packs from Vgoodiez, they come in a nice holder, but will certainly last a long time as they are solidly made. Good luck!

Looked at your link for that SS version, but don’t like screw on tops, the ones Vgoodiez sells are snap on tops, which I prefer…..

AndyO

Vgoodiez sadly don't have anything else that I've been waiting on before making an order (the TM2 Glass Charlie stem and the TA4.)

I may try the SS ones in the short term... I guess all I have to lose is 50 bucks and a couple of weeks if I decide I want the Tt ones anyway.

AndyO,

Psyentist

I haven't, no - I'm very keen to try them, but they're expensive enough on their own without having to ship them half way around the world. I haven't found anyone locally who stocks them.

I got my titanium ones locally here in Australia from Instavape. Looks like they’re in stock at the moment too. Mighty medic titanium dosing capsule.

Wozz

So what do you do? Do you take the TM2 and have to deal with loose, ground bud when you're out and about, as well as a breakable mouthpiece? (I'm rarely out long enough to need a battery change.) Do you take the Mighty+, which is inferior to the Venty in every way, but loses less performance with dosing caps? Or do you take the Venty with it's potential reliability issues, and deal with loose, ground bud or dosing caps that lose performance - but is so much easier and less breakable than the TM2 and still outperforms the Mighty+, especially if you ditch the dosing caps?

The TM2 and Mighty+ are probably 6/10 options while the Venty is a 7/10 option.

I take the TM2 with a non-breakable mouthpiece/stem. 😁

Perfect size for my pocket.

Doesn't draw any attention.
Couldn't be any easier.
Ready for a quick hit so quickly and back in my pocket in no time at all, hardly a chance for it to be dropped or my dog to knock it from my hand.

Definitely higher than a 6 for me.

It's good that we have choice, options 👍

imor jones

I have to do the check again. With and without capsules.
I use my venty with capsules all the time. I use the titanium ones. In the beginning i also compared the venty with and without capsules and found that it is not a big difference. But actually there should be a certain amount of difference...

imor jones,

AndyO

I got my titanium ones locally here in Australia from Instavape. Looks like they’re in stock at the moment too. Mighty medic titanium dosing capsule.

Legend! Thanks for that - I have no idea how I missed that, I literally checked Instavape.

I take the TM2 with a non-breakable mouthpiece/stem. 😁

Perfect size for my pocket.

Doesn't draw any attention.
Couldn't be any easier.
Ready for a quick hit so quickly and back in my pocket in no time at all, hardly a chance for it to be dropped or my dog to knock it from my hand.

Definitely higher than a 6 for me.

It's good that we have choice, options 👍

Funnily enough, the same website is stocking the Ed's TNT wooden TM2 stem. I have no idea how it's going to be for cooling or for cleaning, but it's worth 50 bucks to find out and to potentially have a portable TM2.

Wozz

Legend! Thanks for that - I have no idea how I missed that, I literally checked Instavape.

Funnily enough, the same website is stocking the Ed's TNT wooden TM2 stem. I have no idea how it's going to be for cooling or for cleaning, but it's worth 50 bucks to find out and to potentially have a portable TM2.
Tbh my wooden sleeve does have a MH Revolve for cooling. It was my solution to non breakable and nice cooling.

I haven't tried a wooden stem as is.

Top Bottom