Venty by Storz & Bickel

bardad

hi,
due to the fact that I failed to update the vents for some reason, I still have it as I bought it and I haven't fixed it yet.
and I have a feeling that the errors could be related to the vaporization temperatures and the frequency of use.
given that I have driven only 14 hours in half a year and I use low temperatures, max. 185 degrees. I charge with a Samsung fast charger without eco modes, etc. I hope that the error will be avoided.
I wonder if anyone has had an error while using this.

bardad

I'm just wondering about the effect of temperature and operating time on the error 4 problem
it seems logical to me that if I put more stress on it, it might tend to throw this error.
Of course, this is pure speculation, time will tell.
I'll let you know and maybe people with their experiences will chime in
anyway, we all pray that we don't have to send it anywhere, and it's probably not a very comfortable feeling to be in such uncertainty.

by the way how many hours do you have on it versus how long have you owned the vents?

bardad,

bardad

I'm not afraid either
because I own TM2, MFLB, vapman, and others...
but somehow, for half a year now, I've only been enjoying VENTY, because it doesn't need any additional properties for cooling and works luxuriously and consistently without effort or learning. and what I appreciate the most is that it has the most free and cold air path of all the pocket vaporizers I have tried.
I'm going to try TM2 again in the near future and I'm curious what my experience will be.
and that's what I enjoy about it

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I was very happy because all the construction work in my house had finished on Friday, when suddenly, when I was relaxing I found myself with a brick in my hand...
what bullshit are these S&B
My replacement arrived yesterday. It will be without the savings modes and see how long it lasts. This one already has the outer pleats on the plastic ring above the bowl... and the material looks different

sc00by

On my first venty, E04 error started before 10 hours and I found if i started charging it with an old USB-C cable (slow) it would work but of course the E04 error would come back. Also updated to latest firmware (1.07) Now at 12 hours it's un-usable, E04 no matter what I try. Bought it just over 30 days ago, hoping the store will just swap it out. Unit is in Mexico so sending it to the states is gonna be expensive if it doesn't get held at the border.

Wishing I had just bought a couple new cooling units for my two Mighty+ ... going from a fresh venty to a heavily used and recently cleaned Mighty + the taste just isn't the same.

I've owned 8 S&B devices in the last 15 years. 3 volcanos, 2 crafty, an original Mighty and 2 Mighty. Only problem I ever had was the switch on the volcano... for a few bucks changed it myself.

My original Mighty still works, though I've lost the charging cable and funny enough is giving an 004 error (probably low voltage).

leanpubpackage

honeymooning hard with the venty right now. probably the best portable session vape that I have used. feels high quality. user experience is excellent. Love the open airflow. heat up is super fast. with my anvil obsession, i forgot how nice it was to kick back and slowly enjoy a bowl through temp stepping. the default temperature presets are bang on. I never thought it’d enjoy a 356F session…but i certainly do now

Last edited:

Polishzx

Hi Friends, my Venty with roughly one month of use just E04'd. Really bummed out, feels like a huge turd. I wonder how many times this is going to happen and how close I'm going to being paying for a brand new device in shipping fees alone over the next 3 year period of warranty. Certainly an overreaction of the thought but come on, this thing had ONE MONTH of use. In comparison my Mighty's have been so rock-solid for years, 1000% reliable. I'm beginning to think that the way forward is just modying the Venty CU to work on the Mighty body. I don't care about the fast heating if the device is going to be unreliable. What is the next best non-S&B Vaporizer, if that is in fact the way forward here?

-I thought it might have to do with "superchargers" or fast chargers so I've been using a "slow charger" of sorts with my Venty. It took about 3 hours to be fully charged, so certainly not hard on the battery. A friend of mine with a Venty and the Supercharger got the E04 but it went away? He only uses the supercharger, so that idea is out the window.

-I used my device generally around 195C, ways away from max heat. Not abusive with the device, a regular user.

-Device never got dirty enough to clean, pretty much looked brand new all this time. Kept in a case.

I'm serious about taking suggestions for a new vaporizer while I send this one away. What is the best non-S&B herb vaporizer?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm serious about taking suggestions for a new vaporizer while I send this one away. What is the best non-S&B herb vaporizer?
Very easy to get discouraged, especially so early on in your Venty experience.

After E004, isn't there something you do to see the next code? That may be informative.
Maybe there's a reset for Venty (like Crafty)?
Sorry, I haven't used a Venty, though I'd love to sometime.

I had been waiting for a new Tafee Bowle version to come out, and it did, almost coinciding with Venty release. So I bought a Bowle instead (extremely happy with it).

S&B is not giving up on Venty by any means. I think they will methodically weed out these issues that testing should have revealed before launch, ideally.
They have never discontinued a product early, always incrementally improve on them.
They really have made Venty a bumpy ride in the meantime.

For a month-old purchase they might pay your postage, give you a ship label? If you reach the point where they tell you to send it in, ask about this.

WirtDog

Hi Friends, my Venty with roughly one month of use just E04'd. Really bummed out, feels like a huge turd. I wonder how many times this is going to happen and how close I'm going to being paying for a brand new device in shipping fees alone over the next 3 year period of warranty. Certainly an overreaction of the thought but come on, this thing had ONE MONTH of use. In comparison my Mighty's have been so rock-solid for years, 1000% reliable. I'm beginning to think that the way forward is just modying the Venty CU to work on the Mighty body. I don't care about the fast heating if the device is going to be unreliable. What is the next best non-S&B Vaporizer, if that is in fact the way forward here?

-I thought it might have to do with "superchargers" or fast chargers so I've been using a "slow charger" of sorts with my Venty. It took about 3 hours to be fully charged, so certainly not hard on the battery. A friend of mine with a Venty and the Supercharger got the E04 but it went away? He only uses the supercharger, so that idea is out the window.

-I used my device generally around 195C, ways away from max heat. Not abusive with the device, a regular user.

-Device never got dirty enough to clean, pretty much looked brand new all this time. Kept in a case.

The new Solo 3 seems very interesting to me. I have never been a big Arizer fan but this new one satisfies most of our requirements. I have had an OG Mighty for 6 years and never a problem with it. I have the same reservations on the Venty. I do not need that nightmare. S&B has been a great company and now its reputation is going down the drain due to new management.

Polishzx

The new Solo 3 seems very interesting to me. I have never been a big Arizer fan but this new one satisfies most of our requirements. I have had an OG Mighty for 6 years and never a problem with it. I have the same reservations on the Venty. I do not need that nightmare. S&B has been a great company and now its reputation is going down the drain due to new management.
It actually looks really good. I'm willing to try it. In the Mighty thread, it seems S&B is discontinuing the OG Mighty. That might be a sign it is time to jump ship, at least for me personally. I may also try to get return my Venty to place of purchase even though it is a few weeks past return period and see if they would be willing to sell me a Solo 3 instead.

cptofnthng

Mine goes E05 every time i hit it too hard, but it recovers always. Its been growing on me a little in the last year.

cptofnthng,
  • Wow
Reactions: cosimo

JoeMama

just adding another data point. I have a venty from release that has had 0 issues.

Multiple seesions/day. Long, abusive sessions (380 for 5 mins, 410 for 10 mins (estimates).

I just cleaned up my mighty and mighty+ that havent been used since the release of the venty. A little scared to sell them with all of the issues i am seeing!
Pretty much ditto on everything you wrote. Zero issues since the blocked unit was replaced in November, running it at 210ºC many times a day. I wanted to get another one as a backup since I sold my Mighty (which I regret), but I don't want to press my luck. It's strange that S&B apparently won't come clean about the issue(s).

bardad

I understand that as long as the company doesn't comment on anything, most users who don't know about the problems will never find out and it won't discourage new users....the question is what percentage of people have a problem with the vents...and we probably won't know

leanpubpackage

The error risk is my biggest gripe with the Venty. It’s such a good portable, but I am afraid to bring it with me for a week-long trip without a backup device.

The Venty has helped me realize that you can extract the majority of the cannabinoids at lower temperatures, and that the extra bit you get with higher temps isn’t worth the harshness. I haven’t needed to go beyond 383F. Nice and fluffy vapor, very similar to hitting a volano bag. No more chasing RTL for me. My throat and lungs have thanked me

justcametomind

Speaking of Solo 3 I think I will wait a see if Arizer updates also the Air/Argo with the same technology Solo 3 has. That way I would justify the purchase better, since there’s still no Crafty 2.
I would like to express my hatred for the unofficial titanium/ss capsules once more. I tested and tested those capsules but their performance is not on par with regular ones, imho. They are thicker and my abv is constantly lighter in color compared to the regular capsule, no matter the heat retaining properties those metal should have.
Other than that, some days ago I placed a capsule upside down and had the worst 15 minutes of the year trying to figure how to get it out without destroying the whole vaporizer. I scratched the walls of the bowl and will throw away all of them. Regular capsules are not even half as thick, the base or the cover are only 1 piece and in the worst case scenario you would only destroy a capsule cover with pliers, not the vaporizer. People who don’t want to void their warranty (what if I had to send it back?), medical users and/or people clumsier than me (if any) should avoid buying that stuff imho.
The cover is made by 2 pieces, a screen and a ring. You can dismantle the screen someway but the ring can adhere to the bottom of walls of the oven really well. Worst 50€ I spent in 2024.

Last edited:

Goita

Just for balance, I have had mine since Dec and no issues. Did the update ages ago, no problems (so far)!

Goita,

bardad

I HAVE to try that Frankenstein vape.
yeah yeah, it's a designer's nightmare.....
but purely functionally, I would enjoy this type of cooling more than glass, balls and other nonsense.....
material wood or aluminum or titanium, air duct paths and form-matching design ala finland

bardad,
Top Bottom